All Comments on 'Homelands Pt. 12'

by jdnunyer

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Congrats

on finishing the Homelands novellas. I haven't read any of Winter yet, actually, as I've been waiting for the whole thing, but now I can dive in and enjoy it. I'm sure I'll be back with comments when I'm done, but I just wanted to say you've done an amazing job. The simple fact that you followed through on your plan and finished the story is worthy of note; so many promising stories peter out and are never concluded. That your story has been fun, arousing, and engaging along the way almost goes without saying.

Hope to see more from you, even if it's not this particular cast or setting or genre.

jdnunyerjdnunyeralmost 10 years agoAuthor

Thank you for the kind words, Dellagordo. I hope you enjoy Winter.

There will be more from me, and involving this cast and setting. (Probably something brand new at some point too, though not for a while.) I'm currently working on a retelling of the first three parts of the Homelands (to be followed by more, if people think that's worthwhile), which will tell more or less the same story but in a different way. I'll start posting that in a few weeks. And at some point, I'll probably write something about what happens after the events of Winter. I haven't decided what that will look like yet, though.

JD

justjoeaveragejustjoeaveragealmost 10 years ago

what a long crazy road its been....

i agree with dellagordo, too many stories die quiet deaths unfinished, and you saw this through. and while this last chapter did shy away from erotica, i do think you capture action / adventure writing very well. Winter's attack sounded epic. (i mean some guy got smacked in the face with a severed penis...thats hardcore)

And im still kinda thrilled you added a giant robot and some ninjas! So for anybody who reads the comments you might want to post some thoughts because the author clearly listens. (see my comment on Pt. 10 Ch. 03 for proof)

that said i hope iva doesn't become all evil if you revisit this world again.........well, that and the guy with the robot totally got away and is living happily ever after. :)

jdnunyerjdnunyeralmost 10 years agoAuthor

Thanks, Joe. I'm glad you enjoyed the ride. And the ninjas and robots. :)

And yes, I do listen to feedback. I'd love to hear from those of you who've stayed with me the whole way but haven't written comments or sent emails.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Finished...

I do understand skimping on Winter a bit. It's a far more brutal and disturbing place than the other Homelands. More horror than erotica, actually. Still, I was left with the impression that things were a little rushed.

The scene in the cave, for example, would have had more tension if we had spent any time with Lena and Zach. It would have been nice to see Cahill and Caronwyn's reunion, or spent time with Frank and Iva at the end.

The ending also felt a bit anticlimactic; although there is a conclusion, it doesn't feel like THE conclusion. There's no feeling of closure at the end. Which, in a way is good, as it promises more stories in this setting, but it doesn't wrap up the tetrology in a satisfying way.

Hope I'm not coming across as overly analytic or critical; I really have enjoyed the Homelands series quite a bit, and not just as erotica. There's more to it than most of the stories in this category, and I appreciate the effort that that takes.

Looking forward to what comes next!

jdnunyerjdnunyeralmost 10 years agoAuthor

Those are all fair points, Dellagordo. That it doesn't feel like THE conclusion was intentional, because it's not, but in retrospect I wish I had handled the other points you raise differently.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Anti-climatic

That ending was really rushed.

Foxterot7aFoxterot7aabout 1 year ago

I spent parts of seven days reading this story. Although not my usual forte, I thoughty enjoyed the story. I can only guess about the time, energy and thought the author spent prducing this story. For the author, this had to be a monumental effort. Thank you. If wish I could see your story diagram outline and plot graph.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjdnunyer@jdnunyer
In the spring of 2020, I began working on what I hope will be the final, and best, version of Autumn, with reworks of Summer, Spring, and Winter potentially to follow. Progress has been intermittent but continues. When I'm finally ready to share it, I'll do so on a new account...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Homelands Series Info