All Comments on 'Hot Ravioli'

by rcward

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Oh don't we wish and dream, and wish, and dream ..........

Thanks for the story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
can't wait for it....

Swingerjoe will come along to tell you how boring monogamous marital sex is, that this is in the wrong cat, and that this brief description of a peek into your sex life is more bragadosio and exhibitionish blather than any real kind of thrilling or erotic story.

(BTW, he'll be wrong, and his comments will be born out of jealousy)

THEN, you'll have the others who come in to assure you that this is EXACTLY how tales of loving wives should be, and that this cat needs more of this kind of thing, but instead of giving you any insight into improving your tale, they will hope that the empty praise is enough of a cover to engage in the troll mongering that Swingerjoe and others want to flame and fill your comments section with.

If we are really lucky, that is when the comments watchers like Luedon and Others, will help to make your comments thread really long with debates over category descriptions, and the age old battle between willing cucks and the women who fuck around on them, and the BTB brigade who don't even HAVE a wife anymore.

Somewhere in the middle, is a guy like me, who HAS a wife, and NO personal experience with cheating, and find many of the stories in this cat are a baffling exploration into fictional presentations of mental instability and emotional baggage. Then a guy like me comes across a simple flash story like yours: How to make dinner in a more erotic way. May be it presents a simple truth that if you can take the mundane everyday stuff in a marriage and turn it into something BETTER....something DIFFERENT....then MAY BE, just may be, THAT is a secret recepie for a longer and more healthier marriage. I am unashamed to agree that messages like that ARE EXACTLY the kind of stuff that the typical audience around here needs to hear and contemplate. The real challenge for you as an author will be if you are strong enough NOT to take a crazy response to your work too personally. Not to get bullied. Because the people who NEED your message the MOST, are EXACTLY the folks like Swingerjoe and others who don't want to hear it. They resent any implication that they might have a skewed off normal sort of worldview, And they will push back with angry barbs, when simple indifference would have been a more civilized choice. They will try to convince you that your little flash story was "Boring", and WHY? because it offers no cheating drama? Just wait for it....even my long ramble here won't stop it. Before the day is over, someone will tell you that your story was Boring. And you were thinking "WTF??" ; that it was a recounting of the best BJ your wife had given you in a long time.....

Somewhere, you MIGHT get a 4th type of response, and those are the folks who take bad grammar, and typos personally. They might tell you something you CAN use, like how to use your quotations better, and where you might have miused too many commas. May be it will be more general, like this: In a story where the mood is created almost singularly reliant on her voice and speech, then you really need to tighten up that dialogue. If you describe HOW she is talking as much as telling us WHAT she is saying.

That category of reader will also say that more character development is needed. Perhaps more backstory. Was this extra sexy encounter the result of them recomitting to each other after some problems or a rough patch? These are the kinds who want to read too much into the scenarios, and percieve stuff that was never intended to be there. They like things more complicated, and the simplist explanations can never be trusted. She is EXTRA loving to him, ONLY because she is covering her guilt for cheating on him just days before.....?? RIGHT, I KNEW IT!!! It is sad how damaged people want to project their grief and mistrust onto others. But in any case, these people forget how the flash story format leaves deeper character development up to the reader (almost on purpose), and thus the author makes the choice to ALLOW such fanciful creations of backstory up to the reader. Yet SOME readers resent that hey have to do that extra work, since they want authors to spoonfeed them every last detail.....

Sorry, but it is enough to make you think that you can't win for losing.....

But YES, it is true, NO STORY CAN PLEASURE EVERYBODY EQUALLY.

And it is the LW cat that seeks out in a perverse way to illustrate this like no other category on this site. I hope you a ready for it.......

But this story, boring? Mundane?

I respectfully submit to any reader that if THEY really think so, then this says ALOT more about THEM then it does about the author, or in fact any other reader who actually liked it.

My problem with the story?

You forgot to mention how the ravioli came out?!

Thanks very much for your efforts and contributions. But I hope you came prepared with a thick skin.......Good Luck!

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 9 years ago
Dear Annony

You got it all wrong, man! This story is positively captivating! I was on the edge of my seat reading this thing, wondering what would happen next between this loving married couple! This is what the LW category is all about! I mean, it had a wife, and she was loving, so there you have it!

Yesterday, we got to read a story about "How I Fucked My Wife", and today, we get a story about "How My Wife Sucked Me." I see a positive trend here. Hopefully, we can get a daily story about how we all had sex with our wives. Wouldn't that be awesome?! What a breath of fresh air!

To the author, you are a talented writer, and you described this scene very well. Kudos to you for that. In the end, though, this was a sex scene, and nothing more. I appreciate the time and effort you put into it, but I just wasn't all that entertained by it. Sorry.

And now, because I gave my opinion about this story, I'll brace myself for all the critics who will tell me all about my marriage, and how I hate monogamy, and how I'm "inflicting my standards" on everyone here. Yawn.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
re: swingerjoe

I won't tell you any of those things. Just one thing. Shut the fuck up. Read what you like and let everybody else read what they like. Yawn, to your rantings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
anonymous-can't wait

shouldn't you be writing a story yourself? got a hell of a start on one....lol, all kidding aside you hit the nail on the head. one just has to love this category, where else can you expect so much fun reading, especially the comment section

the three trolls or should I say stooges of LW do make it interesting. you know S & B & F , piece to all

kisses3dayskisses3daysalmost 9 years ago
A six-word story

Unlike the individual whom measures his penis, believing size is more important than substance, stories are very similar; the length of a written story is irrelevant.

Personally, I miss the LW stories of years ago about Mustangs, trailer homes, and the tart sting of betrayal. I keep reading, but to the point of this input:

FOR SALE

BABY CRIB

NEVER USED

gordo12gordo12almost 9 years ago
Here we go again

Definition of LW for AUTHORS THAT CAN"T READ:

"Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more."

Extra martital fun....no

swinging....no

sharing.....no

more?...only if you include boring!

1* for mis-categorising it

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 9 years ago
Misclassified

TLW - (As several others have mentioned.)

Great sex scene (also previously acknowledged!)

SO ... next time change Hubby to Guido, the salumi dealer!

rcwardrcwardalmost 9 years agoAuthor
no, you are right

I put it in the wrong spot. I'm sorry to waste your time and am just lucky that you had so much time as to not only read my story, but to type out a semi-well-thought screed. We are all lucky.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
screw the haters

keep writing m8!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Ignore Gordo, rcward. This category is about wives. Many of us that read this category regularly like stories about wives being sexual beings. While cheating and sharing might create exciting situations for a sexual wife, a wife being sexual with her husband can also be exciting as well. We welcome your contribution.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
On the long but great ramble by anon...

You forgot to add about not having enough character development. Always a biggie, even in flash stories. By the way, it was a great read but could have used a little more on the pasta making, and while your at it on the...... (Hope you understand that this was a joke...)

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 9 years ago
Comment on the comments

The "and more" clause of this category's description is so broad, it encompasses nearly every type of story involving a wife. I've even seen stories with girlfriends posted here, and apparently, that's acceptable, too. It's a catch-all default category. Given that, there's no point in believing that this story doesn't belong here. That isn't my biggest issue with this story.

I'm not a fan of "flash stories" because, more often than not, it demonstrates lazy writing. It's an excuse for authors to jack up their stories tally and keep their names on the front page without having to exert a lot of thought or effort. That said, I've read some very well-executed single page stories on this site that are complete, standalone stories with a beginning, middle, and end. This story, IMHO, isn't one of them.

Contrary to popular belief, I also enjoy hot stories about loving married couples who only have sex with each other. TDallyn is the master of this genre, and several of his stories appear in my favorites section. Extra-marital sex doesn't automatically elevate a story's entertainment value, nor does monogamous sex degrade that value. Regardless of who is having sex, it has to be interesting or unusual to make for a compelling story. Was this sex scene interesting or unusual? IMHO, no. I've received a few BJ's in the kitchen over the years. Maybe that's more unusual than I think it is.

I know the Annony who mentioned character development was saying so with tongue in cheek, but to that point, we don't even know the names of the two characters in this story. We don't know anything about them. So why should we care what they're doing?

Again, the quality of writing here is excellent, and this scene would be great if it happened in the middle of a fully-fleshed-out story. Instead, it's just a description of a sex scene between two faceless, nameless, anonymous people. Meh.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Glad they like and enjoy each other.

Married, faithful, sexy, and permanent. Not exciting, but very reassuring. Thank You.

impo_61impo_61almost 9 years ago
Indeed a LW story...

Indeed a LW story...It has a Loving wife, a loving husband, Just the two, in their home, being happy!!! Short, because it's only a scene between them...3*

rcwardrcwardalmost 9 years agoAuthor
I agree again

I wanted to make much more of this story. I wanted to go through the whole process of homemade ravioli (a specialty of mine) and to serve the scene in courses, adding multiple couplings throughout. The problem was that my first readers said it didn't need it and was a little boring. I agreed.

You cannot please everyone. Write what some consider a flash story and some will complain about character development; write a chapter and some will say it's too drawn out.

I appreciate your comments and accept your criticism, but please don't presume to tell me how to write my story FOR YOU. If it doesn't work for you, simply move on. Anything else is trolling at its core.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Good

Good story, good cooking, from a loving wife.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmabout 5 years ago
Hot

Keeping it in the marriage. Now that's a full five stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous