All Comments on 'House Cat'

by NRMathis

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Another great story

Another great story thank you . You're one of my three favourite authors on this site

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
loved the tenderness

of these two, enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Just another great story

You have truly captured the art of meaningful and loving story writing. Have enjoyed each story so much, even “One Day at A Time”, which left me totally awash. Makes me wish I could live those days over again. Thank you.

geemeedeegeemeedeealmost 6 years ago

Nice story, particularly strong in that shed. I gave it five stars, but one thing’s for sure: It’s fo sho fiction if there’s an openly gay football player at Ole Miss! LOLLLLL

illwindillwindalmost 6 years ago

So Bryan only brought Jack to his home to make Sean jealous? Wow, I mean, that is all kinds of messed up. Jack comes out to friends and family, brings Bryan home to meet his parents, and yet the whole time Bryan sees their relationship as a means of revenge. And as if to pour salt in the wound, Bryan's realization for how awful his behavior has been isn't how great a guy Jack is; it's how great a guy his ex is. Jeez, that is actually beyond messed up. Jack's a much better man than I for not breaking down the shed door himself and taking a bus back to Denver.

I'm all for 'flawed' characters, but I gotta draw the line somewhere.

NRMathisNRMathisalmost 6 years agoAuthor
To illwind (and all others with similar concerns)

I should have made this clearer: Bryan did not see his relationship with Jack as purely (or even primarily) a way to get back at Shawn, nor did he bring Jack to Texas just to flaunt him to his ex. Those things were on his mind, but were additional perks. I never thought it would come off that way, but I realized that it could, so I want to clarify that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

That was a good story I love how you used the term stray like how he was lost but found a way out

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Absolute love

I think Jack and Bryan have a catharsis here. Bryan has to face certain things in his past that he doesn't want to see. So Jack arranges a kind of intervention. But Jack does it with love. Jack has professed his love loudly and proudly for Bryan; after this confrontation and conversation, Jack and Bryan have reached the raw stage and the healing can begin. It is really beautiful to see Bryan come out of his protective shell and express his love. When Bryan can say he loves Jack, he is on the road to recovery. Now they can "go somewhere." Jack and Bryan are two great lovers, very well-developed characters, and so admirable. Thanks for taking them intact to the end of your story. I'd read most anything you write -- great, poignant story telling. Certainly makes me cry when I read these touching love stories. No wonder their cocks are hard, their eyes twinkle, their sexy bodies are primed for sex. Love Jack's hairy chest, by the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love this!

So much to love about this story! But I just have to say though - telling a guy that you’re just experimenting is a shit thing to do, and there’s no way it can be done gently, and I hate that Bryan has somehow rationalized it like that. Shawn was an asshole. Maybe he’s no longer that asshole, or aware he was an asshole, but he was. But in the end, I’m so happy Bryan is dealing with his demons, and that he and Jack found their happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Shawn

Any plans to make a story for Shawn?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Tears

Oh my god I'm crying. This was so good, my heart oh my god.

KristinclosetedKristinclosetedover 3 years ago
Adorable

So precious.... I'm without words

FosBoydFosBoydover 3 years ago
Love is your Language.

With tears of joy I finished your love story. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another fully satisfying love story from a master writer.

It really is a joy to read stories of such calibre.

The writing draws the reader into the lives of the characters to such an extent that you wish it were 50 pages not 5.

Thank you for sharing

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

And all the time I thought it was Jack who was shielded by an invisible force field.

This was one of those stories that would every now and then, make me pause and reflect on some of the many chapters in my own, long life.

I have always considered myself a dog guy and I have loved each and everyone that I’ve ever owned. Consequently, After my parents retired they started adopting stray kittens that various females would abandon on their property. One day, a year or so after my dad had past, my mom’s care giver brought over a 4 to 5 year old stray orange male tabby she had been feeding whenever he would show up on her doorstep. He became good company for my mother but he obviously wasn’t a house cat by any means, and much to my surprise, him and I became very good friends as I had moved into her home so that she wouldn’t need to be moved into some shitty nursing facility.

So I’m just telling you all of this to explain how much I appreciate the analogy in this story of a sweet little stray kitty who one day, jumps up on your lap and eventually steals your heart away! ❤️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous