All Comments on 'House of Cards Ch. 07'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 155 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
This is getting silly

One thing i cant understand about all this, is that after all her lying and cheating he stops monitoring what she is doing...

He has absolutly no trust in her yet takes her word when she tells him its over and from him hearing one conversation a day after she find out he knows.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
this is a weird story that deserves

an egg.

we here at literotica hate cuckolds.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
You went to fast

I think you tried to rush this part to much and did not really take the time to explain completely what was happening with the characters. The tension of their emotions is what makes the story work.

AS to the below commentor--speak for yourself; yourself only--I happen to like cockholding stories. I also like well thought out revenge stories. i.e. I like good stories period.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
WASTED SPACE!!

imaginary story within an imaginary story ...what's next Ani...come back to eddie says eddie...Tom's a real fuck head.

MinigalesMinigalesalmost 19 years ago
Tom Is Smart

I am sorry. This comment is cruel.

Tom finally figured out it would not take him a thousand years to get over his rage. I have some news for him. Rage is not part of marriage; trust is. Why does not he pay attention to that? He recognizes that trust is a major issue, but he does not address it at all.

Secondly, Tom is happy he is taking the initiative. Well, buster, your marriage fell apart. Who do you want to take the initiative for you? Eddie?

The dinner bullshit is starting to annoy me. Why does not he take cooking lessons if he thinks it is that important. Then he can have a cooking affair where he can find a married woman and cook for her in motel rooms.

I still have my questions about:

1. The kids' whereabouts on Eddie's apartment nights.

2. Birth control.

3. STDs.

4. The recorders.

5. The extra cell phone.

6. Who else knows about this affair (at her work).

This chapter is better than the previous chapter but not by a whole lot. The way the story is going is going to drag forever, making the overlooked major inconsistencies fatal.

RandallRRandallRalmost 19 years ago
Let's give Ohio a fair go here, folks!!

This is a pretty well written and plausible story, especially for a first post, don't forget. If you want pulitzer prize standard of writing, you're in the wrong place!!

I can see why people like this story line, Tom is a good guy, and his torment and suffering is excelently portrayed. That there are some chinks in the armour of the story I can forgive, it's still an engrossing read.

I do wonder about the STD's, kids issues, and would like him to check on his bugs, it's a good bet that she will default again even if it's in a little way such as chatting with that girlfriend "Susan" (why do the bad influence bitches be Susan in these things?) and telling her something she's kept from Tom thus far.

And please for chrissake, Ohio, get Tom laid somehow, the way you've got the story thread going, he's sure gonna need it soon!

You've departed light years from reality on many fronts, but it's still a good epic. How in the world you're going to tie it up neat in the end is beyond me, and DON'T RUSH IT. At one point, the only way forward for Tom looked like suicide, murder, revenge, or all of these. I see you've taken the tack, "Success is the best revenge", but do not under any circumstances let Eddie off the hook, or Marianne for that matter. She still has a long way to go to settle up, not even made a down-payment yet. If Tom is not going for divorce here, you've got to get him to a better position of strength. So he's a cuckold, don't make him a wimp too!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
going down hill

this story is getting worse and worse it was good up tell chapter 6 and now its just going to down hill, I still see no reason for him to trust her and i still dont see remorse from her about have the affair(she regrets getting caught not having the affiar) and also i dislike what toms doing about the imaginary woman and I still dont understand the lack of need for revenge(atleast on some level) against Eddie and I still want undeniable proff shes not seeing eddie still

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Don't listen to them

This is entirely plausible & fits with my own personal experience. Tom wants to keep the marriage alive but needs Marianne to experience his pain. This is exactly where I was at. Am I a cuckold too? Maybe, but I still have a wife - a loving wife who 10 years later is still kicking herself for her mistakes & still grateful to me for not kicking her out. You only have to look at the animal kingdom, where a male will go out and kill another male who is coming-on to his mate. Then he'll go and affectionately lick the female. I am in no way sexist, but I'm convinced that there are times when women have to be protected from their own stupidity, however conniving and manipulative that stupidity sometimes is

noone269noone269almost 19 years ago
Mixed bag

This chapter is very well written, and I think you are exploring Tom's feelings in a fairly realistic manner. However I think he is playing with fire when he tells Marianne about his "affair". If she ever finds out, she is going to be very hurt, and he might just end up losing her for it.

Yes she hurt him terribly, and far worse than he is doing to her now, but I think Tom could have handled this better. Personally I think if Tom just went out on a few dates with another woman, even if he didn't sleep with her, it would have the same effect. Marianne's imagination would do the rest.

He forgot to mention that the use of his pet name for her by Eddie also bothered him. This is something that needs to be addressed, you mentioned it in a previous chapter and since then you have summarily ignored it. This is just as deep a betrayal as her fucking Eddie behind his back, the familiarity and closeness between the two. Also he forgot to mention about her participation in the destruction of their anniversary celebration, this is by far one of the worst things she did to him, ranks right up there with letting Eddie use his pet name. These are two HUGE points that he left off his list, do they not matter to him now?

Also what about checking up on her? This is something that is really hurting your story so far. She lied to him for months, and since the cell phone conversation in the car which I think was still staged, there has been no attempt by Tom to check up on things. Has his brain taken a walk off the map? Yes his rage needs to be dealt with, but he has to know if she is at the very least making any contact with Eddie still. I still don't think that Eddie decided to let her go after that one conversation, he has had his claws into her for months, even went so far as to destroy their anniversary and now he "lets" her go after just one conversation? Sorry, I don't buy it.

I still think you a making a huge mistake in having Tom's anger at Eddie fade away. I mean COMEON!!! This bastard seduces his wife, participates in the destruction of her marriage, maliciously destroys their anniversary, and does so to make his mark on her while she is with her husband. Now, I am supposed to believe that Tom has decided to let Eddie off the hook because he "understands" the competitive drive in men?! Whether Tom understands Eddie's motivations or not, letting go of his anger at this guy is a HUGE FUCKING MISTAKE!!!

Lastly, I don't think that this was just a meaningless affair to Eddie, he was after Marianne and I think he wanted Tom to find out about the affair. This angle also needs to be dealt with, and if you don't it will detract from your story.

I would like to say that overall this story is a very good one, especially since it's your first submission. There are several issues that need to be addressed, or they will ultimately destroy the story and all the effort you have put into it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
End result

It looks like Marianne will eventually get pissed about the husband's 'affair' and get a revenge fuck with Eddie, and end up resuming that relationship. How else can it go? At this point, both of these people are seriously flawed.

Agreed: the author has dropped the ball about several key points, including the monitoring devices placed in the home (but there a lot of other unanswered questions that the husband seems to be ignoring).

fregenfregenalmost 19 years ago
After revenge comes...?

Reconcilation? Tom wants to take Marianne back. He just wants her to suffer first. That makes him a loving spouse or a vengeful one?

I will not defend Marianne. What she did was terrible. But she never tried to intentionally rub his nose in it. And that is what Tom is trying to do with his imaginary Carrie. How much suffering will balance the scales? Hardly the actions of a loving spouse. I find Tom becoming less and less admirable.

Tom either needs to forgive her and get on with his life or forget her and get on with his life. Soon. My bet is before the children are back from camp they will be back together.

Although it would be a hoot if Marianne used the 'affair' with Carrie as an excuse to get back together with Eddy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Great

Oh how I love all those tough comments. Seems a lot of those people consider a marriage as something as a business deal. Love per definition is not a rational feeling. So obviously a deep crisis in a marriage can't be resolved by ratio alone. Because nobody is in full command of her or his feelings. And if you are you're missing out a lot.

Thank you, Ohio, for a very realistic and well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
TDB

Too damn bad he HASN'T got himself a 'Carrie'. I sure the would have, and made damn good and sure his cheating "wife" found some real evidence of it...but none she could use in court.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Been there

This is an description of the process after one spouse has been caught cheating. It's not pretty. Obviously both need to get things out in the open. We made lists and found them effective in dealing with our issues of infidelity. Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Carefull now........

What starts out as some thing in the way of healing for Tom, and putting the hurt to Marianne, could and would be a death blow to the "marriage" that you are having them try to keep alive... Some times that saying: "what goes around, comes around." can reach up and bite you, when you least expect it to. But, keep writing!!!! This is one of the most realistic stories that I have EVER read on this site. Sad ending or not....Stay the course!!!!!

gizzmo301gizzmo301almost 19 years ago
Good

this is a great story so far. keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Do continue...

This is a good chapter. Marianne needs to know exactly how it feels to be on the other side of the coin. I continue to be intrigued by this story and look forward to what happens next. Marriage is a joining of two hearts, two minds, two bodies. It takes work. Tom is working through his issues and I say he has the right.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Still Reading Still Interested

Better than Chap 6. Unfortunately the story is in the can before the comments come in. We could be pleasantly(pleasant is not the word) surprised if you get most of the loose ends tied (definitely the major ones) by the end.

As someone else said, I think he may drive her back to Eddie. He better watch it. And watch her. There are two levels here--physical facts and emotions. The physical circumstances are not being addressed. He's given up his home. Eddie is still out there doing who knows what. Tom doesn't know who Eddie is. Tom is not as of yet getting his life in order. He may think his imaginary Carrie is making an impression on Marianne but it is a risky strategy if handled incompetently and Tom, if anything, is unfortunately incompetent, to this point, in thinking clearly, in knowing what he feels, though this is natural given the situation, and in sketching some future for himself and his relationship, if any, with Marianne.

Though literotica stories are not Pulitzer literature, for the future think lean. Don't clutter up the feelings and emotions with too many words, too much rehashing. I think Chap 7 is a great improvement over Chap 6. Though in one sense I hate to see this story end because I'm immersed in it, there has to be progress made in the narrative. Perhaps Marianne will go back to Eddie and Tom will be taken to a lower circle of hell, and this time, he can blame himself for some of it. Maybe the story will work out with a reconciliation,BUT Tom must be a wary and wiser person, or, sadly, be just a dumb, naive victim again . Marianne is hardly trustworthy. Eddie must be dealt with---in some way. Tom has to know who he is and be on the look out for him, and flatten the bastard against a wall if he makes a move on Marianne again.

The next story---which we hope there is---take the readers' comments to heart. Some you may reject, just not right for you or your stories but even if nothing else learn this "PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS". Hollywood relies on special efects---maybe here authors rely on hot sex scenes but the story is the thing.

playingcardcompany

jester4932jester4932almost 19 years ago
Accountablity

What about Eddie? Does he get away scott free? Maybe Tom should file a civil suit against him. Not for revenge but accountablity. So many times when a single person gets involved with a married person and get caught they have no adverse effects other than losing a lover. People should be held responsible for their actions. It takes two to tango. Yes, she freely allowed him, but he also freely took with no thought of the sanctity of marriage. In other words he had nothing to lose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
tHe story line is very good, but

you simply talk too much and say too little. The lie the husband is using to get through lies by the wife may seem logical to a man in pain. Still it lowers his position as an admirable man. The imaginary sex with the "other woman" could have been handled by telling the reader he spent an hour telling the wife about his imaginary lover, rather than tell the reader all the facets of something that never happened. There are just too many words and conversations that do not advance the story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
i still dont like his disceit

granted he has a lot to get over but i dont like that way... it could come back to bite him in the butt... if he does want to get back with his wife... i would rather see him reap revenge on eddie .. his wife doesdeserve to be hurt also but this could bite him to where he will never get her back or even have a chance....why not tell her the truth and work out something to pay eddie back with instead ... have wife help you so it can be a healing process for the both of you...just not what youre doing

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezealmost 19 years ago
Cut to the chase

This bitch is crying crocodile tears. Ohio, you may have convinced through your finesse at writing that Maryanne is a "changed woman" and can feel Tom's pain, but you haven't me.

Have him retrieve the recordings at the house, play them, and him find out that her character is still the lying ,uncaring, insensitive, and cheating bitch she in actuality, really is.

She and her lover, Eddie are still fucking like two dogs right there in his and Maryanne's used to be bed.

Eddie is still laughing at Tom's reluctance to step up and kick his ass for fucking his wife.

That, along with assurances that she tells Eddie that she is bringing Tom around, and that they can continue on like they have been just as soon as she can assure her financial security with Tom is not further threatened. Once Tom feels that she is truly repentent, Eddie and her can continue on. One thing she stipulates though, wherever they meet and fuck, there will have to be a supple of Summer's Eve disposable douches to wash the remnants of her deception with, and clean panties to wear after cleaning up to avoid that fresh arousal scent.

Aha, but wait, there could be another twist to the story. They both get to the point where they are incredibly turned on by the scenario that Tom has created that they get involved in swinging. Maybe the couple even have threesomes and foursomes with Eddie and another yet to be named female. Or it could progress to where Tom is turned around and so turned on by the thoughts of Eddie and Maryanne's couplings that he encourages her to keep fucking Eddie at every opportunity, and bring him home a fresh load of cum to suck out of Maryanne's satisfied snatch. She uses a plug in herself to assure freshness of the load in case she spends the night for an all-night fuckfest. Her "honeymooned pussy could be soothed by Tom's talented tongue, and they all live happily ever after.

Sorry to say Ohio, but now the story is getting boring. Same old stuff. No retribution for Eddie. No new discoveries of further infidelity. Just more of the same constipation of thought, and diahrrea of words. Kind of like "As the world turns or the guiding light." If you miss a hald dozen chapters, you can pick up right where you left off, in the first couple of paragraphs.

You have really made the point that Tom is really hurt but move the story or you will lose readers..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
In chapter 8

In chapter 8, his imaginary friend invites her imaginary friend to participate in an imaginary threesome.

The portrayal of Tom is seriously inconsistent. He's in total denial that she did anything to shake his trust. He suddenly completely trusts her as shown in his behavior. We've seen not one thought, let alone suspicion, with regard to anything she has said and no concern at all over what she may be doing. Yet he wants to go into excruciating detail over all the feelings he has from the events. How can he delve into that and completely ignore the concept that her hiding, sneaking an constant lying might suggest she is less than 100% trustworthy?

The many other inconsistencies have been mentioned by many others so I won't repeat. There are cracks in the dam and it's about to burst, if it hasn't already. This has elements of a good story, but whatever world you create, the key to writing an effective story is keeping it consistent. The author has failed in that regard.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
same old wimp story

from a good story to a wimp story ,nexy chapter she will say " good dog tom, now lick eddies cum off my pussy".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Jester has a point...

Ohio,

Although I do like some of what is going on I don't like the fact that that Eddie gets away scott-free. This rarely happens in real life. Unfortunately, my character, Dan turner isn't there to exact his type of revenge. :-) However, there is always a price to be paid. I remember wayyyyy back in the dark ages when people had to pay for their indescretions (sic) there existed in the statues a law called "alienation of affection". In this way, a person caught cheating coul be brought befor eth civil courts to answer for their crimes against society and the public good (because have n odoubt that interferring with a marriage whether religious or secular does go against the public good. Just check the effects on broken homes). Eddie is clearly quilty of this.

I also agree that the wife clearly is crying crocodile tears the way you have portrayed her. She need to see and hear the husbands getting his knob swabbed before the rreal impact will hit. :-)

But , that said, this is a better read than many of the other things I have seen wrtten here. :-)

Keep at it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Don't

Don't let him weaken!First it's kisses ,then he will be in her panties.Next scene he is back living in the house,she's into his bank account.Final scene good old Eddies fucking her again.Score becomes BITCH 1 Nice guy(now called sucker) 0.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Continue

If, he "drives her back to Eddie", as some have suggested, he didn't need her back anyway. She now has a chance to actually see what she has done.......and up til now, she wouldn't admit it, as witnessed by her sorry ass list she gave Tom. Eddie does need a day of judgement. It needs to be something to set Marianne back on her heels too and let her know Tom will never again stand for this sort of behavior from her. The final "eye opener", so to speak. Please continue and I'm hoping Tom stays strong

gusteufgusteufalmost 19 years ago
I am really torn....

I like the fact that Marianne is finally feeling and understanding Tom's feeling of hurt and betrayal. (If it is real understanding and not mere shallow personal jealousy) BUT ! Can Tom looking Marianne in the eyes and lieing to her, no matter how good his intentions, help their situation at this time? How can Tom, even with the recording, (she knew he was recording her in the car) have such total trust in her words and feelings? Tom does not seem to question any of her words, even in his own thoughts. How can he not have questions and doubts? Unless he is in total denial.

I will not bother to bring up, Eddie. It has been discussed before by myself and others. Tom seems to be losing sympathy from readers. He could be heading right over a cliff, with his eyes wide open.

Keep writing Ohio

Gus

msboy8msboy8almost 19 years ago
Not really interested in either Tom or Maryanne

Tom has lied to Maryanne, she has lied to him and had an affair, Eddie has had the affair, etc. There is no longer anybody to root for, they'll all flawed. And Steve and his wife don't act like friends of Maryanne. The are now co-conspiritors with Tom. If the five of them joined in a mutual suicide pact, it would put them out of our misery.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Both of them

are to blame what is going on now. Marianne for having an affair and now Tom is punishing her by bringing up his dream affair with Carrie. Next, Tom will be lying to cover up a lie and before long he will not know what is the truth. Marianne hurt Tom and now Tom is hurting Marianne and himself weather he knows it or not. Tom has now brought himself down to Marianne's level and is lying to her face and he thinks it is funny, ha ha. They should not reconcile, just split up and go their seperate ways because neither one of them can trust each other again. Marianne is an adulter and will always be and Tom is a bold faced lyer and he said he would not lie to Mairanne.

The only sad part is the kids will live in a broke home.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
eh..

It seems to be kinda dragging on and becoming implausible. Though you are doing a good job of showing a guy who is completely freaked out by what is wife has done.

Another point, on fregen's comment,

06/20/05 by fregen in US

"I will not defend Marianne. What she did was terrible. But she never tried to intentionally rub his nose in it. And that is what Tom is trying to do with his imaginary Carrie. How much suffering will balance the scales? Hardly the actions of a loving spouse. I find Tom becoming less and less admirable."

Uhh, while she never rubbed his nose in it openly, he found out after the fact that she rubbed the honeymoons in his face and indeed possibly rubbed his nose in her lovers cum from her snatch several times. Her jumping from one bed to another kinda makes it rubbing his nose in it. I agree that Tom is less than admirable at this point but I can hardly blame him for trying to find a way to get his wife to understand, something she hasn't shown much inclination for.

-Hex

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Great series

In his mind Tom has two options. One leave her, or two, make her understand the depths of the mistake. If he just takes her back as she was understanding it, she would end up doing it again. Now he is making her feel like he felt without the long term effects. I also agree with what was said about being a victim. Now in his mind he is able to get past his issues because he has more control. When he gets to the point were they are back together he can explain his lie. She will have the understanding, but will be able to get the images out of her head much easier.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Disappointing

What started out as an excellant story is deteriorating fast, Given that Marianne screwed up royally and then lied about everything, Tom has a right to be hurt, enraged and vengeful. But three full chapters of Tom whining and feeling sorry for himself while he discusses his intimate marriage secrets with Andrea and Steve gets a little wearing, Now I hope we're not going to have three more chapters of Tom describing his fictional love affair with Carrie to Watch Marianne suffer.I'm fast becoming a supporter of Marianne. She seems charming compared to whining, vindictive Tom and his pals, Andrea and Steve. 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
MORE, PLEASE !!!!

Great story......... I don't have ANY critiscms of it at all.

I hope you write more, soon! I caught this story thread about 2 days ago and really enjoyed it.... If it was a book, it would be one of those you couldn't put down!

It is similar to other stories of the same vein in Literotica - but I think that this is the best (most interesting) on the subject (very similar to the story "A middle Case) - but much longer, more involved....

I'm looking forward to the next few pages - hope you don't make me wait too long....

Thanks for all the work you must have put into this story...

Kanga40Kanga40almost 19 years ago
You have lost me

as far as this story goes.

I will read the rest, but from the purely clinical perspective that I am a little interested in how you can tie up so many loose ends from where you are now without further destroying your two principal characters.

I have no interest whatever in the characters or how this story ends, I will just look to see how you do end it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
BORING

First four chapters were great. This had the potential of becoming a great story, but its starting to go downhill. It is starting to drag to much, i mean the last three chapters have been basically the same thing. I for one do have experince in this. I was cheated on, but i divorced the bitch as soon as i got proof. I know where tom is coming from, but i don't understand his actions. I mean an affair is one thing, but she didn't just have a physical affair, she had an emotional affair as well and that is unforgiveable.The two worst things she did was allow eddie to use her husband's pet name for her and have sex with him the day before thier anniversary.UNFORGIVABLE One more thing, did tom take a stupid pill or what.His wife cheats on him and lie's to his face time after time and now all of a sudden he believe's everything she says.common on....To many loose ends

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Much ado about nothing

Which is a shame, because it started with such promise. Kanga40 expressed for me the exact the same reason why I'll bother with this. Despite the author's rationalization of the psychological themes he says he's exploring, it's apparent that he is extending it just for the sake of extending it.

The key indicator of this is the pet name. If there is one element of her relationship with Eddie that shows that is wasn't just a sexual one it is the pet name, yet, in the list of his issues, it is the one that is missing. Why? Because as soon as they address it, realistically address it, the story and their marriage is over.

The worst element of an affair isn't the sex but the betrayal, the giving a part of yourself to someone who is not your spouse. The pet name is a clear indication that some of the feelings and emotions that she tells herself (and him) that she reserved only for him, in fact she had given to Eddie. As soon as he finally, truly confronts her with this, if the author wants to maintain any logic, realism, or integrity, the realization that she was in fact in an emotional relation, that she not only committed adultery but violated the very essence of their marriage, will put an end to any thoughts or reconciliation. So, the author seems to be avoiding it, and, by doing so, piling more needless baggage on the story and extending it well beyond a reasonable length.

If, as it seems, the author is trying to get them back together, he can only do so by avoiding what he himself wrote was a major issue to Tom. And, in the end, he betrays his story and his readers.

Yes, it's his story, but that doesn't mean the readers should just take every needless over plotted chapter and say, "OK then."

Average-JoeAverage-Joealmost 19 years ago
I dont think the husband's made up affair

is at all the same as the wife's real one & Im not sure why it seems to be such a sticking point with everyone. If Marianne uses Carrie as an excuse to keep seeing Eddie, then it pretty much shows that she was never serious about fixing her marriage and she was only sorry about getting caught IMO. Im not saying its a good way to fix a marriage but Tom did explain why he was doing it. Making up an affair as a learning tool for a spouse who just cant understand why her actions were so hurtful might not work in real life but this is fiction & there are many worse inconsistencies (both plot and character wise) in this story.

The biggest issue for me is Tom's inexplicable behaviour regarding so many things. As others have pointed out, he seems to be focusing on minutia & ignoring real issues and he seems to be taking Marianne's word for way too much given her recent behaviour. The many unexplained & unresolved issues from the first 6 chapters are also getting sort of distracting.

I have no idea why Tom seems so eager to trust Marianne or why he seems intent on rationalising everything away so he can take her back. Even in real life, there must be something good (even if only in the past) that keeps people on the fence like this. So far, you've given no reasons to like Marianne & lots of reasons to distrust her. Tom doesnt even think about the 'good times' or remember why he fell in love with her etc. You dont need to make Marianne nice to have a reconciliation but if you dont put at least a little effort into prettying her up, it will end up seeming like a manipulative woman taking advantage of a weak man (maybe thats the point of the story but you are taking too long to get there if it is).

The story has also gone on too long to suddenly reveal that Marianne is just as bad as she seems. That would be even worse than an unexplainable reconciliation (from a plot and pacing pov) since there arent really any emotional ups and downs anymore. Its been pretty much down hill since the first chapter and each new discovery just puts another nail in a coffin that already seems to have far too many. Having Tom finally realise Marianne is nothing but a heartless manipulator will make 75% of what you've written superfluous since you arent exploring his emotions (its mostly unemotional rehashing now) or advancing the plot (just like my posts :)

There is nothing wrong with forgiveness/reconciliation but you do need to explain why Tom seems so intent on reconciliation. Maybe in your mind, Marianne was a perfect wife for years and Tom has many fond memories that keep outweighing the bad. Maybe Tom can read her like a book so her few half-hearted apologies & expressions of remorse outweigh her actions and all the evidence (doubtful given how good a liar she is). Maybe Tom's neediness and fear of being alone is overpowering his good sense and reason (seems the only semi-likely scenario so far). The point is that I really cant know why Tom is behaving like this and switching to unreliable narrator concerning some of his personality traits & motivations would seem to be a mechanical flaw (not sure if it really is, just saying it seems like one to this non-expert reader).

Just my opinion, but I don’t think reading about nondescript guys with intermittent amnesia, that keep drifting around in circles, makes for a very good story.

Even though I think its likely too late to make this story a masterpiece, I do hope you keep writing.

DG HearDG Hearalmost 19 years ago
Where's it going?

Let's get some major points here. Marianne had this affair for 8 months. He was about ready to do something about it. He completely let Eddie off the hook, which is a no no in by book. Anytime he thinks or maybe sees this man he will be bringing back the pain about not doing anything about it. This guy made him a wimp! He does need some revenge against this guy. Maybe we'll be lucky and Eddie will contact Marianne and Tom will turn back into a man.

With all this said, I really do like the story, even the made up girlfriend. But pickup the pace. You can only hold readers for so long.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
STILL a very good story.

And look at all the comments it's receiving!! This one is affecting people at various levels and in various ways, but it's not a one-dimensional stroke story, so you're bound to piss off some of the more desperate folks.

Meanwhile, the tale is psychologically real, emotionally real ... and very worth my time.

Not that I won't also look for some one-dimensional stroke stories, but this is a nice change of pace.

Many thanks, and do keep on!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Ugly story! Ugly people!

To me this has always been a mediocre story. Low in content and low in rationale.

What has made matters worst is the pack of wolves, called commentators, baying for the ‘Non wimp’ ending. I’m afraid it’s been the trend over the last six months and getting worse. Most of you wouldn’t know a well written story if it leapt up and bit you. Then to crown it all ‘you’ talk of sicko’s.

God what desperate people!

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 19 years ago
The story does seem slow.

My guess is she is still fucking Eddie. She isn't govong up all that prime cock, she's a helluva good actress but Tom should dhould know that from her excellent lies.

The meeting him for 8 months, 3-6 times a week, with the intimacy of the pet name and what he overheard about how great Eddie is would sure buy her walking papers with just about anyone!!

Once, even maybe 2-4 times, might be forgiven but 160 times?? I don't think so!

Hand her her papers and get on with your life, Tom.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Bullshit

Why do you bother writing this shit. Can't you think of another plot? It's past time to finish this lousy story and to move on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
You got a lot of attention...

The number of comments make it clear that your story is a success. The way I see the situation, I don't belive in a reconciliation as a reasonable outcome.Tom suddenly started to acept everything that Mariane says, but her profile is of a great liar. I got the impression that she was/is so close to her lover for the last 8/9 months that he, the lover, was her real partner, and not Tom. He can't buy her version and/or her new attitude, that would be "I love you, only you". What lead us to believe that she changed? She is probably fighingt to preserve her status quo as a good wife, and mother, that is very convenient for her. Great story, but I see the risk of an unreasonable end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Yes!

I agree with ( You got a lot of attention...).........

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
I like it

I'm looking forward to seeing the next chapter. I feel like both the characters are real, not cardboard. I like the conflicts both are experiencing. Most of all I like the fact that, in spite of the affair, both seem to love each other and want their marriage to be successful.

It is difficult to put yourself in another's shoes. I like the way you have invented for Tom to do that, which preserves his integrity. The danger I feel is that his wife will give up and do harm to herself for the mess she has created.

Don't listen to the critics who want you to have Tom cut and run. There is too much of that feeling in our culture today, in our movies, books, etc. It is good to read about two people who do love each other and want to work through a terrible problem.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Bravo for a story with deep undercurrents

Bravo!!! Here are the pertinent story lines for my comments:

1.She saw my concerned look, and before I could ask anything she said, "Just a muscle cramp—my calf is sore today for some reason." Then she quickly went on to change the subject...Marianne's grimace was a face she had made before, when she was suffering from what we jokingly called the "Honeymoons"

2.Marianne usually isn't so crazy about giving me blow jobs, but this one was sensational.

3.It was a silky black thong—in fact, her only thong, the one I had bought as a sexy present a year before and which she saved for special nights with me.

4.She continued,"...I want you all for myself! Our love-making is special to me because it's just for us, because neither of us ever shares ourselves with anyone else in that way."

5. Then, after no more than a few seconds, she smiled broadly and cheerfully spoke. "Oh, honey, is THAT what this is all about? How silly! Don't you remember? We made love on Thursday, the night before you left for Chicago. I put those on the next morning, after you left, because I missed you and wanted to think about you while you were gone...

6.I can hardly wait! It feels like it's been forever ... You'll just have to wait to see what I'm wearing (with a giggle), I chose it for you to see it! ....

"I don't know, Eddie. It all depends on when Tom calms down. He's been so moody, it's obvious he's still wondering about me... "Look, Eddie," Marianne said in a more serious tone. "You've known from the beginning how it had to be. Number one for me is my marriage. I won't do anything

to hurt Tom, no matter how much I love being with you"

7.Yes, somehow he recorded me talking in the car, and even us at the motel on Tuesday. ... Yes, it was pretty X-rated. He's walked out on me, and wouldn't even talk to me on

the phone at work this morning. ... Yes ... Listen, Eddie, stop and listen to me! You've known since the beginning what the ground rules were for me. My marriage to Tom

comes first. I tried everything I could to keep him from finding out, but I blew it. Now I have no idea what will happen, but all I care about is making this up to my husband.

8.(Andrea)"Tom, I want you to know that the whole thing is a mystery to me. I've known Marianne for years, and she just adores you! I know you must be unbelievably upset, but

please don't forget what a great marriage you have had until now." "Tom, how would you feel about my talking to Marianne? I wouldn't be speaking for you, of course—just reaching out to her at a tough time. She's our friend

too." "I'd wondered about going out and getting laid, Tom. Certainly no one would think any less of you if you did that."

Comments: So far we have a virtual revenge fuck which leads

to getting "even" on the affair and the couple gets back together. However, looking at the above I suspect that Tom's whole like is a "House of Cards" not just the marriage.

- The wife is interested primaily in the marriage (She did not mention once that she loved Tom to Eddie)

- Steve and Andrea are hardly friends (Who suggests revenge fucking and go along with a "white lie" that mentally tortures the wife?)

- How can Tom believe the wife's last taped statements to Eddie when she said that he taped their discussion in the car? Why wasn't the talk between Andrea and Marianne taped (was Andrea tipped off?) if they got together after Tom left?

My theory is that (1) Steve and Andrea meet the couple ten years ago - they were swingers; (2) The approach to Tom to start swinging was a test; (3) Steve and Andrea enticed Marianne to step outside her marriage probably with Steve; (4) Marianne, Steve and Andrea are encouraging Tom with this virtual revenge fuck (i.e., Cassie) to save the sham marriage and to encourage him to enter a swinging lifestyle.

Once again no matter how you end this story - It is well written and enjoyable. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Great Job !!

Stick to your guns - you're doing a great job. Most of these sorry comments that slam this story are from people that have their own shallow preconceived notions of what should happen.

It looks like you're taking us through the most difficult of outcomes - reconciliation.

For an author, dumping the cheating wife is easy - she's out on her ass; problem solved. Punish Eddie; consequences, what consequences?; this is just a story. Doing this provides for psychic satisfaction to the reader. Of course, in some stories, the predator isn't out just for sex or the marriage but for financial gain. So depending on the context, action may, or may not, be called for against the predator.

So, instead of the cheap, canned, tried-and-true storylines so common on this site you've gone for the much more difficult reconciliation outcome. Good luck!

And, even better, instead of the cheap line ... ... "After several painful weeks [months] in therapy....blah, blah, blah," you're describing what one possible facet of that therapy might be like.

Of course, in the back of the mind is the thought that this author might have a trick or two up his sleeve. However, this looks like a straightforward reconciliation story which will doubtless disappoint all the conspiracy buffs out there. LeBroz

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Will.....?

What I don’t understand is why a married mom/wife is going out drinking with single women. Only a few sentences are about the children.. These two people are self-centered, self-serving. The author should have left the children out of the story. Will he change his job... not travel so much… will she stop parting... Stop drinking…will they become parents to the children?

fakers51fakers51almost 19 years ago
Well written on a powder keg subject,,

This author have a hot topic that he is dealing with. Tom could divorce he with all the pain of her infildelty over 8 months. He could do a lot ot things to Eddie. He loves his children and still loves his wife. The author seems to be taking us through another route to teach and strike back at his wife for the hurt, pain and suffering she gave him. Please continue author.

fakers51fakers51almost 19 years ago
Well written on a powder keg subject,,

This author have a hot topic that he is dealing with. Tom could divorce he with all the pain of her infildelty over 8 months. He could do a lot ot things to Eddie. He loves his children and still loves his wife. The author seems to be taking us through another route to teach and strike back at his wife for the hurt, pain and suffering she gave him. Please continue author.

fakers51fakers51almost 19 years ago
Well written on a powder keg subject,,

This author have a hot topic that he is dealing with. Tom could divorce he with all the pain of her infildelty over 8 months. He could do a lot ot things to Eddie. He loves his children and still loves his wife. The author seems to be taking us through another route to teach and strike back at his wife for the hurt, pain and suffering she gave him. Please continue author.

shangoshangoalmost 18 years ago
Your male lead

Is such a pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Sucks again

I've been there and i can tell you that this guy sucks bigtime. If you have a long relation with kids and your wife goes behind your back to f* then I say. To hell with her and anyone that finds it ok. You don't need to kill but you definitely don't go back licking her feet, or for that sake talks to her. A woman like that have blown away all trust she ever earned. You don't f*ng know your subject mister, but you're all to ready to preach. And the kids are not be involved , on that we seem to agree, so one keep it quiet when it comes to them. But your character sucks.

Cheers

Yoron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Well written but just not plausible

Somewhere out there it may be there is a guy who would actually consider taking back such a faithless whore after that duration of cheating, but damn! There are limits in everything, and what man could realistically expect faithfullness out of such a woman? All her guilt and hurt is just a tad late in coming, and in reality would probably be false as hell to boot. You write very well, but even fiction has to have a line drawn for believability somewhere.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 15 years ago
pay backs are hell

She's just getting back what she had done, so what's the big problem

AnotherClosetReaderAnotherClosetReaderalmost 14 years ago
Not really about this in particular, but...

Who the hell really talks like the people in these stories? Recalling every little detail of a situation that is (theoretically) full of passionate/ lusty thoughts and actions. Hot blood can make for poor (or inconsistent at best) memories. Yet these people can not only recall, with vivid accuracy, the witty banter, the relative humidity, and the precise alignment of the stars, but also the order of operations in the undressing in said heated environment, with the horny speed or seductive slowness thrown in for fun. Now understand this is a general gripe/ thought at the genre as a whole, not actually aimed specifically at Ohio (sorry, you drew the lucky card), every one seems to do it. Kinda like how the person who is looking for info 'conveniently' gets the full scoop in surround sound, with cliff notes and a diagram in 3-D. Often in the first week, if not the first day of the home brew detective's work. I know, I know, its magical erotica land and this is just how it works. But it gets like Camelot after a while, a bit silly. Some people go waayy over the top. This story actually wasn't too bad in that regard. Like I said earlier, this is more general commentary than pointed statement, no real point to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I guess I only continue to read this drivel so I can give them one stars

at the torturous end of each chapter.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
Well, he has his fantasy lover and she is probably still fucking Eddie.

I'd at least get a STD exam for the both of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

why the sweet cucky couldn't fuck somebody for real??

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 13 years ago
Even though he made up a story

He could if he wanted have sex with another woman. It was just more than real life if he made up the story.

Now all he needs to do is tell his wife that he found out that he likes anal and that his 'imaginary' girl friend likes it up the butt a lot.

If his wife is like most wives, he wasn't getting any back door at home before all of the trouble.

I've heard it said that is the reason brides have such a big smiles on their face, is that they don't have to take it up the ass anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
THIS STORY IS FULL OF HOLES

NO MAN IS GOING TO ACCEPT HER BEHAVIOR IN HER AFFAIR, IT WAS TO LONG ,TO DEEP,AND AFTER HEAR HER ON TAPE, I WOULD HAVE LOST MY COOL AND PROBABLY SMACKED HER FOR ALL THE PAIN SHE PUT ON OUR MARRIAGE. DECIT,CHEATING,PLANNING , 3 TIMES A WEEK, ETC..TO HARD TO FATHOM SUCH A CHEATING SPOUSE..AT THIS POINT I COULD NEVER FORGIVE HER..OR EVEN THINK ABOUT IT..

count2threecount2threeabout 12 years ago
"Only because i am such a strong guy, can i bear to suck Pete's cum out of my wifes pussy"

Its so funny that all the weak wannabe cuckold here will tell you, that you are weak and scared because you can not accept your wife fucking other men. I guess you always try to make yourself sound like the good guy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Ohio you forgot to write one more thing that Tom would be thinking

I am angry that you may have wrecked our kids lives. Now that may seem over dramatic but the kids are coming up to an important couple of years where test results will help or hinder their future plans by her having the affair the marriage could easily end which would no doubt affect the kids and could result in them flunking school.

Considering what she's done he doesn't really seem that bothered sure you keep writing that he's angry and full of rage but his actions especially when he's with her are anything but and you seem to write about him being angry ad an afterthought.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
Just more BULL SHIT!!!

What most would have done is find out who Eddie was, where he lived, and took the base ball bat with him.

As for her kicked to the curb. Change the locks, file for divorce and live in that big old house. And figure out how to keep his kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

It just keeps getting worse with each new chapter! Kinda pissed about it! I hate it now and don't want to keep reading but I've already put so much time into it! I wonder how the author feels to know that people like his story less and less with each new chapter!?

monkcalmmonkcalmabout 11 years ago
hahaha

okay so we all agree ohios been killed and replaced with a long winded feminist cunt, sad sad good writer to.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Dumb

'Tom' is the dumbest mother fucker I've ever read of. He deserves being shit on by his wife and she deserves to get all the cock she can stuff in herself because he's dumb enough to try and 'work through it'.

Horseshit. The pussy deserves his hand and to listen to recordings of his wife fucking her lovers. Man up, take care of 'Eddie', take care of the cheating cunt, not a slut, this is a cunt, and then dump her skanky ass to the curb in a huddled mass.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
The cuck grows stronger

with each chapter.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Enjoying it

She still doesn't get it. So why is he still unsure about what to do?

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Great story

Great story. I am beginning to come around to reconciliation, but I still think she has more that she needs to learn

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WHEN,

does Eddie get what he rightfully deserves ???????????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
waste of time

His actions, not the story. The fucking wimp has to create some story rather than findind a living, breathing human being. What a pussy.....his whore wife needs to be gone.....no house no kids, surely, no love. She shit all over him and he seems to want to wallow in it. Dreg.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Yes Luke....

...the cuck IS strong in this one.

Tom said: "Next, I felt sympathy for Marianne."

That is why you are an unwitting cuckold that is ready to accept it, Tom. Marianne deserves a bullet, yet you are going to be apologizing before this sad tale is over.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Honeymoons?

How much humiliation do you need to stop being a cuckold.

It doesn't add up,anybody proactive like he is portrayed would skip the platitudes and get a divorce.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
Such a well-written story! 5 more stars!

One of the things I have recognized is that whenever I think of something "ohio" has not covered, it shows up in the story a short time later. There is one that hasn't shown up - probably because he never saw her with Eddie. That one thing = Did she embrace Eddie in her special way? (Arms straight, across Eddie's shoulders, with her hands dangling.) I guess he could just ask her and she could lie with a yes or no.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Susan and Eddie

Is she still friends with Susan? Since this is the slut that helped set her up for the second time with Eddie, shouldn't she be persona non grata now?

And as for Eddie, yes, he only took what Marianne gave him, EXCEPT for when he plotted that meeting. Without that, there would have been no affair. Eddie DOES need a beat down!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not a realistic sexual explanation to his wife

No one would go into such detailed explanation of his sex with another woman to his wife. It would be glossed over and not laid out in obvious great detail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
WTF

Why in the name of every thing that is right and holy would he even think about getting back with that cunt? 1* only because there is not a lower score!

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Turnabout's Fair Play!

“I keep seeing images of you ... with her, you know ... in bed. And it makes me crazy!"

LOL, welcome to the club!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Common sense...when faced with a unfaithful wife

Why hasn't Tom moved to close his bank accounts, credit cards, car, or other assets?

HIs has left his wife because of her infidelity, and he gives her freedom with his savings, investments etc? Why hasn't he even visited an attorney? Just doesn't make sense!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
common sense?

Hum... lets see close the accounts... did anyone read they have children that are at camp. Social services Nazis would take him to the cleaners and she would not have to lift a finger THATS WHY. There is a lot more here at stake now that they have two children. There was a comment or ending to a story in LIT, He plays, he pays, she plays, HE still pays and will continuing paying until she says stop or the courts say stop. That sadly is the truth. Want same sex marriage.. spend millions to go to the US Supreme Court, then agree to defend all marriages and write laws against adultery protecting not only the children but the spouses that are harmed and threatened by adultery. Tom should not have to endure this or have faced this. Had laws been enacted Adultery would have been a crime, Tom would not have accepted or approved or consented in the violations of his marriage, thus Eddie would be paying until either the courts or Tom said stop. And, Marianne would not have a tipped one sided social services or the courts on her side either, she could be in an apartment while Tom is in the house with the kids and her visits with the children supervised.. what a nice world that would be.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 9 years ago
Yeah, looks like his plan is working and if he

has his way about it he will be right back under her thumb in no time. How can you write him even thinking about taking her back after the absolutely massive amount of disrespect she showered him with? Fucking him right after the stud came all in and over her. Kissing him with her mouth full of cum and secretly getting her orgasms enhanced by how much of a cuck she was making him? I can't believe I am continuing to read this hoping that you will at least let him think poorly of her for a day or two before he forgives all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Still not convinced, her betrayal was just too great and yes why not get revenge on Eddie

I think Ohio is making every effort to lead to a realistic reconciliation which is difficult task for a writer. It is extremely hard to portray after what she did - see quote:

"But of course at the same time I could still hear her voice saying to Eddie, "I'm so hot for it, let me just get my clothes off and you inside me!" I could play the whole tape of that horrible episode in my mind. I heard her sighs and groans of pleasure, and the intimate joking with her lover of eight months. It was her with Eddie unfiltered and uncensored—unquestionably far worse for me to hear than my stories of me and Carrie had been for Marianne."

She gave herself fully to Eddie both sexually, emotionally and gave him priority in many ways too, such as the anniversary or giving him sex before her husband on the same day. Best of luck Ohio but to me her betrayal was just too great and hence unforgivable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Since Hubby Is Getting Laid, Wife May Go Back To Eddie

Inventing Carrie was a stupid move by Tom. Eddie will put pressure on Marianne, and his little 'Anni' will open up her home and marital bed to Eddie. Tom will become suspicious and retrieve his listening devices from the attack and discover that Eddie has taken Tom's rightful place in the bed. The tape will reveal Eddie and Marianne making fun of Tom. That's how I see it unfolding.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
asshole annony doesn't write anything but It's comments tell everyone else how a story

should be written. HIT can't eve write his name!! 5 for effort and content

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
"feeling better about my marriage"

WTF? Cut her loose and go after Eddie! This is cumbaya crap. Your territory has been sullied and tainted. To have gone on this far makes Tom a hopeless girly-man. Enough!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
takes a 360

All of a sudden he is a very accomplished liar. Seems very out of character and at the beginning of the story he said the wife was very perceptive and had trouble hiding his feelings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

This is by far the worst story Ive read on this site, its so unbelievable I just cant wrap my head around some of the goings on. Homework , lists ,story times REALLY, and this is one of the best authors on this site, you've got to be kidding

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Squishy feces

Just shoot me now. Tom deserved to be fucked over.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 8 years ago
Sad

Somewhere on earth there may be a man as pathetic as tommy-boy character but it's doubtful. He's not even portrayed as a cuck. He's not that good. He's simply pathetic. Little 'Anni' is certainly not portrayed as suffering much at all in comparison. Lots of words in a story to not go very far.

grabmyballs2grabmyballs2over 7 years ago
I Don't Know What these Critics are Reading

This is a very good story. Sure, it doesn't have the outright violence many readers (usually including me) demand. It does have realized people I care about. I can't wait to find out how it ends! And such a clever resolution by Tom, so he can move forward with some self respect. Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Man...

"--I don't know how I am ever going to be able to trust you now."

Trust that you NEVER will again. Not if you're married another 50 years, the day she dies, you'll wonder if she was faithful.

Which I can guarantee without doubt, she will cheat again. That's why they are called cheaters. The old saying 'once a cheater always a cheater' is 100% true.

coigachboycoigachboyover 7 years ago
Just s story

It amazes me how the readers get so worked up when reading these stories but despite what a lot of them write I think they really get into the stories so the feel almost real to them but in the end they are all works of FICTION.

Keep reading and keep enjoying and keep commenting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Too accomodating

Guy's a loser. Get rid of her!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
That last time

would be a big barrier to getting back with her. And no question Eddie would have to be hurt and or suffer for my own peace of mind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Eddie...

...needs retribution. He knew he was cuckolding Tom. Tom is volunteering himself as a cuckold by Eddie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A point I appreciate in this series

Is that Tom has symptoms of PTSD. It's a rarely explored element in stories about infidelity. Naturally it's a big obstacle to reconciliation. I'm glad that issue is included here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Willing Suspension of Disbelief

This story is well written, but utterly ridiculous.

There is no way that a reconciliation is feasible. None. More importantly, the main character hasn't even explored anything other than the impossible reconciliation. He hasn't spoken to a lawyer, he hasn't spoken to a child psychologist about how to limit the damage of divorce on children. He hasn't separated funds.

He has been betrayed continuously, lied to and she has attempted to give him sloppy seconds. Why? What was her cause for action? She was bored and it got her excited.

She won't be bored in a year? 5 years? 10 years?

You can stretch and stretch and stretch what a reader will accept and believe plausible, but if you keep stretching you'r story will eventually snap. That's where I'm at now. I went along for the ride for as long as possible. Now I'm out. Sad, because Ohio is an excellent writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
suspension of ...

Any chance of believability! A couple of days pass and he's all chipper and hopeful? My guess is you've never experienced a great and completely unexpected loss in your life. You don't bounce back in a couple of days, or weeks. And that is when there isn't someone to blame! No way, no fucking way in HELL are things looking up. And to make up a bogus story...BULLSHIT.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous