All Comments on 'House of Spiders'

by NightOwl64

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
FeotakahariFeotakahariover 12 years ago

I skimmed this story to get to the sexy part, then realized that the stuff I'd skimmed was supposed to BE the sexy part. Reminds me of when I skipped past a rape scene in what I thought was a consensual work . . .

Then again, I guess I should expect this kind of stuff from the Erotic Horror section. I won't vote as to the story's quality, since I can't judge whether it's good or bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Creepy crawly story

I like erotic horror, not an easy genre to write in. This story had me gripped, as from the tone of the first page I was curious how the author was going to inject eroticism into a story about spiders and an arachnophobic protagonist.

The horror element is certainly there and there is some nice atmospheric writing in the story - but the eroticism never really develops and indeed it is hard to see how given the scenario. I found the ending a bit of anti climax - The epilogue featuring the pest control was too long and I thought it better if the story ended with the percieved giant spider capturing its victim. This would be an ambiguous ending but I think a better one, and more suitable to the nightmarish atmosphere evoked in the story. Despite a brief brush with erotic content in Deborah's dream sequence - and some exposed breasts later on, the story doesn't really justify the catagory of erotic horror.

As this is an erotic fiction story website, I think erotic horror really must contain a good dose of eroticism or you will risk losing the reader whose main motive in reading any story posted on the site is to be aroused by the sexual content.

I would be interested in reading another story by this author if they could meet the challenge of matching the erotic element with the horror element.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Eerie

Right after I read this, a spider crawled on my scree. How scary is that........

shiver.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A great story but some minor flaws

How was she able to afford school AND an off campus house (without roommates which is equally unheard of) on a part time waitress salary? If she made that much money, why go to school?

Also, they wouldn't institutionalize her like that, she would need psychiatric evaluation for 72hours and her parents would have to agree to it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wow

As I read this I had to put it down so many times to cringe. Oh my god it was amazing. Captivating. And scary. I could not stop reading this for the life of me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great read.

So it sounds like the spider in the cave got her like in her dream from earlier. Really good, I was rooting for the spiders in the crawlspace when she was stuck lol. Great reading and Hope you do more or locate more stories about spiders.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

as an arachnophobe with possible ocd, im so sad ahe didnt end up getting fucked by them

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNightOwl64@NightOwl64
To the real world, I am a normal, straight male with a slight 'kink' to his personality that occasionally needs to be unleashed. I'm trying to be 'somewhat' responsible here, so please, don't for a minute think you can pull this shit in real life, that is, unless you have a ca...

SIMILAR Stories