All Comments on 'How High a Price: Susan's Story'

by andrewpeters

Sort by:
  • 215 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Too unemotional

The story felt like it was written by a lawyer. No emotion, more like a reporter... just the facts. A situation like that would have been dripping with all sorts of different emotions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Top Flight

This is perhaps the best sequal to "How High a Price". It is very straight forward and complelling. This matches the timbre of the main story and does not go in for theatrics or grandeur. Well done.

Consonant Smile

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezealmost 20 years ago
outstanding

Andrew, this was outstandingly well written, and well thought out too. I enjoyed it immensely. It was to the point. As far as the other person''s comment about it being to impersonal, and devoid of emotion, after all, Susan was a lawyer, and it was told from her point of view.

If reality was a desired effect, Early would have probably not have been so passive in his approach to confronting Susan, or her lover. He might have reacted much the same as a blue collar worker would have, if confronted with the same situation.

I did like the phrase used to describe that the love and sex with Early went hand in hand. You don't see that much in such stories. Those phony ideas are just as phony as saying salt and pepper do not go together in seasoning a cut of meat. In all but a few cases, sex devoid of love is very uncommon. Most cases have sex and love being together and belonging that way. Early was a special guy. most of the time sex outside a loving relationship with a wife is "only sex" from a man's point of view. most of the time it is a man that does the cheating. It was in my case, anyway.

I have read all the sequels to the story originally given as a writer's invitation by the Troubador. This is one of the only two that I feel really put the story in a light portrayed by the wife.Yours was one of the two top finalists. Some authors being totally oblivious to the original story line, and their contributions went to the outer limits of fantasy.

Well done.

Gary

don87654don87654almost 20 years ago
Good, but could have been better...

You could have left off "the Pill" and made this much more erotic when she fucked John, leaving the reader to guess. And you could have kept the affair going, with Early staying out of town a few more days and then coming home to see her at home, after he had had his own affair for a few days. That way she and Early could have started fucking again right away and she could have kept fucking John to the point that she was fucking them both and she began missing her periods to find out she is pregnant, but by whom would be a mystery.

rpsuchrpsuchalmost 20 years ago
one big thing missing

There are a couple thing wrong. Early showed virtually no anger. He expressed it with biting comments in the original. He asked why she volunteered. He said he would hurt John bad if he saw him. I didn't feel that from him here.

But the big thing, and this may be Troubador's fault for the challenge he set up, is that her mantra about this having nothing to do with them doesn't match her behavior. She's already been thinking how wrong it was but can still say, "This had nothing to do with you, with us. Please try to understand, this was something I felt I had to do. It had nothing to do with my love for you, with us." She knows it did. She knows it could be the end of "us".

Her decision to do it was also way too easy. In the context of her great marriage there should have been more reluctance. In terms of something she had to do, there was no compelling personal reason. In effect, she has said he did her a good deed and the only appropriate way for a woman to repay being helped at work is to fuck him. She's saying the partnership was so important that she decided she was a prostitute, a very expensive one, but a prostitute nonetheless.

I realize that Troubador set up a daunting challenge to find a scenario where 1) she can justifiably claim it had nothing to do with them and 2) she felt she had to do it. I think that requires a much more conscious, reasoned decision on her part than I had a cuople drinks, you did me a solid, let's fuck.

Rob ConnerRob Conneralmost 20 years ago
Best One So Far

This is the best ending I've read so far. It was sort of bland, but was fairly realistic. Needed more emotion.

Good Work.

Rob Conners

gnfgnfalmost 20 years ago
By far the best

ending for this story. This is the 3rd time I've read this ending and putting it with the first story it reads just like the next chapter.

Love and trust are very fragile items and deposits must be made into their banks on a regular basis. Once the balance falls below a certain level it might take forever to rebuild to the level needed to continue.

Being told from Susan's point of view, who has spent years as an attorney it gives the thought process she used. Emotions are not part of most legal minds when analyzing situations. This story was very real and I am glad that in the end they stayed together. One event does not define a long term relationship.

Keep up the great work, I and many others here really appreciate it.

George

noone269noone269almost 20 years ago
Great Story, but...

it was a tad unemotional. I think there should have been more depth to the emotional torment they both went through. It would make the story more powerful.

ryu77ryu77almost 20 years ago
Good job at another ending

I imagine Susan telling this story to the marriage counselor in the same way the story was written. A little tad unemotional, but that is how I picture it.

BTW, I think Susan was too EASY, and had great luck that Early forgave her.

Keep on writting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
As good as it's probably going to get

Dear Andrew:

This was a valiant and somewhat successful attempt at giving us a sequel to a classic. I think, perhaps, that "the Troubador's" story would have been best left to stand alone. The beauty and uniqueness of it have been that no sequel could ever do it justice.

As for your story...as I said, the best attempt so far. My sentiments almost exactly mirror those of "rpsuch." In this story 'Susan' ponders her dilemna: thanking 'John' in the way he desires versus cheating on 'Early.' When she considers that with 'John' "it would only be sex and that 'Early' wouldn't know," she has committed herself to cheating. If it were so honorable and innocent, why keep it a secret? Even more puzzling is that prior to her decision she reminds herself of how many relationships she and 'Early' had seen crumble because of extramarital affairs. For a person who has been pictured as being bright and having integrity, 'Susan's' judgment seems a bit skewed if she thinks spending the weekend with 'John' is an appropriate show of appreciation for his help. Wouldn't it be curious that her being faced with this decision were actually part of a test of her decision-making ability for her attaining partnership in the firm?

As for the resolution of the problem, I am glad that a reconciliation was achieved, but I would have concerns about her future fidelity. She seemed to enjoy too much the flirting that existed between her and 'John,' even to the point of her suggesting that for them, with 'Early' away, it was now or never. If I were 'Early,' I would definitely keep her on a short leash. While she proclaimed love and fidelity, her actions said something else.

Andrew, the story was well written and made for an easy read. I'm not sure what kind of "emotion" the others wanted to read, but for me I had no problem with how the story unfolded and how it was related. Nice effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
The End?

I hope this is the end of the sequels to a well-written story, none of which measure up to the original story!

sherlock40sherlock40almost 20 years ago
A very good ending worthy of a Troubador story

I found this to be a great ending to the story. After reading it the second time though, I came to think that Susan, while being sorry for the pain she caused, never seemed all that sorry for the actual event. I think that, if a similar situation ever came up (years in the future), she would rationalize it the same way she did this time. She had the same thoughts before that weekend (loved husband, would never cheat, believed in family) as she did after that weekend and yet she still went through with it. She even thought it was wrong during the weekend, yet still continued with affair. This seems to me to be someone who would do something like this in the future.

Or I could be over-analyzing the crap out of this pretty straight forward story. Who knows?

juanwildonejuanwildonealmost 20 years ago
GAme, Set, and Match

Excellent story. I think you got Susan's emotional tone perfectly correct. The set-up story was classic Troubador, a cheating wife and a husband who has caught her. The poor husband now trying to understand the why's, the when's, the countless questions and doubts - and somehow forgive.

What I thought you did expertly in this story was convey, through Susan's words, Early's very slow and painful journey back to intimacy. The flatness of Susan's telling expressed her own emotional devestation at her actions.

This was the correct ending. Well done.

Kanga40Kanga40almost 20 years ago
All you male authors miss the point

Excuses, excuses, excuses!!

All we are given are excuses why Susan did what she did, but not one of the sequel writers has yet provided a sensible REASON why she decided to end her marriage.

Early and Troubador know the truth. This marriage is in fact over.

It is ABSOLUTELY impossible for a woman to love a man like Susan 'says' she does, and to do what she does with John.

A quick feel under the restaurant table while drinking and laughing - maybe.

Off to a room in a nearby hotel for a (ie ONE!) quickie - maybe.

Straight to John's place and do it once - maybe.

But to go back to her house and get her clothes for a few days fucking another man WITHOUT knowing she was ending her marriage - sorry, but NO FUCKING WAY!

Also, I know there are so few women who really believe sex and love do not ALWAYS go together that to have Susan say that is absolutely laughable.

There is no way Susan has anything like the love she says she has for Early. Whatever her thought processes when she went with John, this story in no way enlightens us.

Troubador was right to end the story where he did. Almost all the attempts to continue have been pathetic.

That said, this is my #2 of all the sequels written. AND it is NOT one of the pathetic ones!!

'Best of both Worlds' was good too - you got it right with that great section about " 'sex' always won over 'love'".

That was a classic! -AND IT BLOWS SUSAN'S EXCUSES IN THIS STORY RIGHT OUT OF THE WATER

Please write more stories, but PLEASE don't always have the woaman giving in without any reason, and still saying she loves her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
I've read the alternative endings to date

This ending comes close to capturing the emotions of two people quite used to controlling their emotional expressions. Neither Early nor Susan appear to have the hot headed type of personality, so the lack of emotion beyond their seperate devastations is understandable.

As ryu77 said " I think Susan was too EASY, and had great luck that Early forgave her." Many, if not most, husbands wouldn't have been so forgiving.

looking4itlooking4italmost 20 years ago
Not Bad

I have to agree with Kanga40. I don't think that this really portrays the way a woman would deal with the situation in most cases. I think that there are women who would "thank" somone with sex, however, the Susan that Troubador sets up and you continue with cannot separate the physical act of sex with the emotion of love. I just don't see it. I also agree that with this version and a couple others, the lack of being sorry about the act is also missing.

This is by far one of, if not the best (I'll have to review previous versions) variations I've read. Keep it up. I like many of your other stories

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
a nonny mouse

At last!!! After many attempts, an ending that is fit to be on the same page as Troubador's story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Excellent Sequel

In the real world, many of us do things we regret and Susan was one of those people. Evidentally theirlove for one another was strong and with the help of a counselor Early was able to over come the anger, hurt and disappointment of Susan's two day affair, and Susan was able to convince Early that it was a regrettable mistake. Very realistic ending. As I've moved around the country, I've seen couples stray and get back together as well as separate. People do stupid things and some end up as Susan and Early while others go their separate ways.

Keep up the good writing Andrewpeters!

Hank in the west

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXalmost 20 years ago
Well, I just want to say...

the husband here values fidelity too much, in that he values it with someone does not value it herself enough to be faithful to him. He should have a revenge affair, and then terminate the marriage, because Susan can never be trusted. Remorse aside, she will put her career ahead of her commitment to their marriage in the future- she has proven that. She has her price, and that makes her a whore.

If she were an honest whore, in an open relationship, that would be different, but their marriage was understood to be monogamous, and she breached the contract by cheating on him- plain and simple. Her word is NOT her bond.

dsidedsidealmost 20 years ago
No emotion!

This is a sequel that probably shouldn't have been written.

It is well written but totaly unbelievable. Given how good "Best Of Both Worlds" was, this is the complete opposite. In both stories the wife was a cheating slut who really showed no love for their husband. In "Best of Both Worlds" the Marriage ended and in this one they unbelievably

stayed together. Early proved himself to be a forgiving wimp by showing virtually no anger or emotion.

I still think that the only person that can do justice to a sequel of this story is The Troubador.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
It seems well written.

I suppose he should forgive and forget. I really don't know.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
why is everybody letting this whore off the hook

the talk was b/s and ego of the hubby broken.she whored herself for her job.what will she whore herself for next.when you cheat there consequences.she took his trust and respect from him,he takes his love of her from her and leave.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Kanga40 said it all

This sequal was written by a writer that. in my opinion, is one of the best on this site. but this is not one of his best. I think Kanga40's comment says it all. I agree with her totally and would not presume to try to improve on her comments. 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Typical Lawyer

Susan says she "feels his pain", bullshit, he let her get away with it. Line her up against a wall with the rest of the lawyers and politicians and pull the trigger.......make the world a better place!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
writers have lost prospective this story

what kind of man let his wife get away with this shit.she was the dumbest woman alive.who was next in the pecking order of her move up the ladder.that lame excuse was a crock of crap.all this story was a sound good story,but make no sense.if he had call a few minutes earlier it would've happen.bullshit on the plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Shit on your mother s grave

In all your shitstories all the husbands are wimps ...may i ask you why????????

That s because you keep telling about your father and yourself and about your whore mother and your slutwife????

S we wait for some telling about your duaghter whoring...cos i think all your female relatives are some sluts

You re nothing and mean nothing ...you stupid idiot wimp

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
This sequel is a disasterous failure

it fails b/ susan comes across as Man NOT as woman.

It fals b/c her explanations are unbelieveable.

EARLY... Susan before I left on my trip did you love me? ....................................................

SUSAN... yes of course I did. You know that............

EARLY do you love me NOW?.......................... SUSAN oh yes of course I do now more than ever.... sob sob....

EARLY well then I am out of here. see ya babe........... SUSAN WHAT??? why Early I love you!!!! sob sob ....... EARLY yes thats the problem. If you had NOT loved me before my trip then I could see why you cheated on me. If you dont Love me and have fallen for this Strickner asshole well then I could understand. But you loved me 4 days ago and love me now and you still chose to fuck Strickner MANY times over 3 days. Which means you will love me in the futire and STILL cheat on me...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
we know she a whore,what price she charge

she sold her marriage for a partnership.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
Why? Susan’s guess is good as yours…

My heart goes out to you author. This is one of the better attempts to untangle the Gordic knot (which of course was a mission impossible) and ends up in the way of the original, namely, by a swift sword cut. Does it solves or explains the original problems? (Like how could cheating not be about the marriage; or how come part of the wife’s quid pro quo moral obligation is to share her body with her superior at work)? That’s why the part of the confrontation when Susan tries to repeat the nonsensical lines of the wife from the original works just as well –meaning, not at all. So, we figure out (couldn’t she just SAY it and we would all move on to the good part?) that the wife has no clue what/why brought this adultery on... All we have is a lot of ‘circumstantial background’, not one compelling reason (not even in HER mind). *****

Paradoxically, the part of “moving on” (or trying to) was surprisingly good. That is if you can put parenthesis on the quest for understanding. If you can do it, then the regret; the pain the decision not to repeat it (even though admittedly you don’t fully understand “it” without the reasons); the slow healing process (maybe better call it the slow adjustment process) of two lonely people all that sound petty realistic and down to earth. What strikes you here is how lonely they are, lonely even while with each other. The loss is tremendous, and in the meantime they cling to each other. My advice to both would have been: cut your loses and get a fresh start. But they seem to prefer the painful, clingy, insecure type of relations. I guess we all choose our own hell.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeabout 17 years ago
All the reconciliation ending for this story suck

because the original author made Susan unlikable. She is either as dumb as a post or a whore (not slut - a whore who sells her body for money). There are no other ways to spin it. I really dont understand why everyone is so intent on keeping them together when it doesnt fit the original. People do have flaws and nobody is perfect but I dont understand why the, better than average, Early wants to stay with a person this flawed. Its not like she is a slob or grumpy in the mornings. She is a fucking whore. Who wants to be married to a whore?

WoodButcher57WoodButcher57about 16 years ago
I just don't get it?

People with the so called intelligence that they should have, with the positions that they hold, rut around like common animals? No, if it wasn't planned out and executed as it was, thats one thing, but, No, she has to go....period. If Early had done as Susan he should get/expect the same treatment, plus bonuses.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
To WoodButcher57

I see there is another person out there in radio land that thinks of these characters( as created by the mind of the writer) in deference to their jobs and positions in life. I think that there must be real people out there that are just like the characters. They permeate the world of economy, the world of business, of commerce...God imagine the performance that these people do for their companies...which we the taxpayer eventually has to pay for. Am I paying for the efforts of people that can't even take care of their privater and emotional life...Good God people. Can't you see that a lot of the worlds problems today lie in the fact that people just like the characters in Literotica are and they are all fucked up. I can't understand why he lets her get off. I guess he is pussy whipped to the degree that she can do almost anything and uses that great gold plated cunt of hers to get it from a proven wimp. A balless human male. Unable to control his little penis when it overrules the larger brain which seems to be all the time. Heaven help us...marriedwithballs@yahoo.com

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Probably real life.

Basically a question of do you admit that people

make mistakes and if you know how to forgive.

This story seems to be close to what 50% of the

people do. They forgive the first cheating. The other half

break up. I do not think that I would have the emotional control to follow this route but it was well done by author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
a nice pen

that certainly would have no caused the matter to be what it became. he understands there were no past, and would not happen again ? can a liar be believed? she lied - even taking nice stuff with her to anothers bed. her enjoyment and her words, no susan. a nice pen? a thank you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Gee

Your Early is really a major wuss. Just short of eating John's creampie. His only responses are to discuss the matter with Susan and cry like a girl. How can Susan even respect him?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Gee

Your Early is really a major wuss. Just short of eating John's creampie. His only responses are to discuss the matter with Susan and cry like a girl. How can Susan even respect him?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Oh my goodness, it wasnt my fault, I was

excited and drunk, for both days and nights, and John suggested it and I owed him a fuck or two. You know women lawyers always pay their thanks and respects by fucking people. It really doesnt affect our love and marriage, you only have to wait six months the doctor says until we are sure there is no chance of me being infected with a STD or AIDS. But he did say in may take a year or more for some of them to show up in the testing. Yes John used me as a whore and may want to use me again in the office but that isnt really a problem as I will still be at home with you at night. You go down in your little hideaway and cry a few more hours and then we can go see the counsellor that pushes reconciliation at any price and get on with our new marriage as you a cuckold and me a slut/whore since I did it with a superior at work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
This is one of the sillier versions.

She went to a doctor and got checked, when back and got checked, and twelve months later the doctor said, "you can have sex with your husband now, I am fairly sure you dont have HIV." Twelve months he lived with a lying, cheating, disrespecting adulterous cheat before he could have touched her, ie had sex with her. All firms now have sexual harassment policies. He was her superior and she could have and should have filed chargers on him. And if she didnt her husband should have gone to the firm and offered to sue the firm for failure to enforce their sexual harassment policies and caused the break up of his marriage. As one story pointed out in all likelyhood she would have promoted herself up the later with sex and this was but one of her stepping stones and unfortuanely because she made herself absent from work and turned off her cell phone she got caught with cum in her cunt. I really dont see how any of the writers of followups managed to keep the couple together, she should have felt lucky not the have died in a car accident on the way home.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
I like one comment below. 50% forgive the first

cheating. Really why? Where do the stats come from. Why would you willingly forgive a cheater? Maybe you like having no sex for six months to year while medical testing is done? Perhaps you want to raise another man's child? Maybe you are impotent and need someone to give you wife sex? Maybe you have an inferiority complex, or maybe you are just plain inferior? Maybe you were in lust with her and not in love with her? Maybe she was in lust with you and now she isnt? Maybe she feels inferior and needs to prove men still want her (not realizing some men will even fuck a picture glued to a hole in a wood fence)? Maybe she didnt realize how small you were until you married and now she longs for the big cocks she misses? Why marry just live together, that is what you are doing, that way you can forgive her every week and use a worn out piece of meat trash. Early in this version is braindead. He could sue her old company for not preventing a partner from screwing an employee. Why keep trash, she wanted a partnership so she fucked her way to it, any other version is her way of excusing it. Cant you hear her, I was to excited to be faithful, I was to drunk to be faithful, I owed him sex for helping me so I could not be faithful, I am a braindead slut so I couldnt be faithful. I really appreciate the fact she didnt say it was there so I took it.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 15 years ago
I just discovered this story . . .

I won't criticize the plot. Lots of other readers have already done so, and I too have problems with the lack of credulity of Early's behavior. But concerning the writing style, there were many grammatical and syntax errors and there was far too much repetition. It seemed as if Susan kept saying the same thing to herself, over and over, both during and after her "fling." She felt guilty, she knew the acts were wrong, but she owed John "big time" and Early will never find out, etc. etc. etc. I believe there were at least six separate paragraphs that all said the same thing, and all this does is detract from the story's quality and/or originality. I'm sure a real Susan would think of other things besides the above. Thanks for writing, but I do feel an editor would have been helpful at the time this was written.

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelover 14 years ago
thank goodness

So basically, Susan admits to having prostituted herself for the chance at a partnership in the law firm. A partnership that she never got. The rest was predictable, but honest. At least you didnt go for a totally happy ending. That would have been ridiculous. The graphic sex was I think quite necessary to get a feel for how much the whore had betrayed Early. You treated the characters well and with respect, something that the skank failed to do for her husband. Of course, relationships in real life are complicated and many have to deal with this kind of betrayal. But there are some transgressions that most men with options cannot condone under any circumstances. She did give herself WILLINGLY. She did VOLUNTARILY swallow and accept another man's cum inside her. That means something to most self-respecting men. Although Susan did not provide her husband with graphic details, the man has got to be imagining all manners of fluid exchange since Susan admitted to having had unprotected sex when she cheated. Susan can tell herself that their love is stronger now, but that's just the kind of lie that people tell themselves everyday in order to feel sane. So in that respect, this is a realistic portrayal of a marriage in trouble. Bringing a baby into the fray is sadly also a common way that people try to avoid the hurt that never actually goes away. Everyday you see the person is a reminder of how they had hurt and betrayed you, and of how they were utter whores. No. These people should never have kids. It's just irresponsible and in real life usually represents a futile attempt to postpone an inevitable divorce. You did a good job writing this ending to an unpleasant story.

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelover 14 years ago
re: lack of emotion

I don't think Susan so much lacks emotion as much as she feels numb to emotion. The only time she expresses the inner torment is after she makes love to Early again for the first time, and both end up crying. It is common for numbness to remain after emotional trauma. That's why depression is not just a matter of feeling sad, but a state of not feeling anything at all. That's the tragedy of it. This couple lost something unique that no amount of work will ever return. The marriage they had before is gone forever. The marriage they have now? Well, that's the great unknown.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Probably Worse than the Original

This is truly the worst emasculation of Early in the dozen's of sequels written to date. Obviously written by a male bashing, ball busting women, or some other kind of non-man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Don't

Don't fuck up other writer's stories

zed0zed0about 14 years ago
Same Old Wimp Ending

What was the point of continuing the story of Early's wimp out for two more chapters? This guy is straight out of one of Ohio's or JPB wimp stories, I had hoped your superior handling of One Slip: Aftermath would have caused you to improve this miserable story not make it worse.

clark3001clark3001almost 14 years ago
Unrealistic

Unlike your previous multi part story this one is has little reflection of real life. I do not believe a married woman with all her mental faculties intact will just have sex with someone for her company just to show her gratitude for his help. Oh and the guy just accepts her back ? Wonderful !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
a stupid wife is hard to deal with

she became a whore for another man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
and why not?

She was not told to go back to john's after she walked in the door? Its not like she'd would not have been welcome. I still prefer the versions where susan pays a > price, including the Early loss.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Nice story

Having heard (in my business) so many stories of spouses that "cheat", this one rings true. Would Early have really been a "stronger" or a "better" man if he had punished her more or kicked her out, without regard to whether she told him the truth and without regard to whether her actions were out of character, as many of your critics suggest? Humans make mistakes and she is human. Sometimes love is strong enough to overcome even this. Early was a wiser man because he evaluated her story and believed that she truly loved him. And he was a stronger man because he forgave. It happens in real life. Nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Does not work...

but had a reality to it that is so often missing from these types of stories. Mistakes are one thing, but given the characters created in the original story and your follow up, I cannot see Early living with the doubt. The idea of paying back someone with infidelity is nothing more than being a prostitute. A mistake, fueled by time, place, alchohol, seduction, etc, etc, but Susan seems almost predatory in your story. So, for me, the ending does not work. I think for many men the memory of a great love is better than living in the shadow of what was and struggling with it day to day.

huedogghuedoggabout 13 years ago
LOL.....a funny sad story

I agree with some of it, but I don't believe any man could stay with Susan unless he was a cuckold. No man's pride would let him stay. The saying, "pride goes before the fall" is true. Most men would give up their marriage in a heart beat if the wife cheated like Susan did. Love would have nothing to do with it.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
Nice variant -

Good work on this I like the original work and various alternate endings - this is a pretty good one - I agree that it would actually take a strong man to go the route your Early did,

Deep enough love is a hard thing for many to understand and can bring people through almost anything - the unfortunate truth is that most people never feel it for anyone but their children and too many not even then.

RePhilRePhilabout 13 years ago
Typical female writer trashing another male character

Why do female writers love castrating their male characters. I guess because they can! At least we arent married to these writers if we were the suicide rate would spike. Pretty pitiful that they see us men as Wuss Wimp Ass Castrated Cuckolds

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
This is probably the worst of the followup stories of Early and Susan.

Why the Hell would Early even consider not divorceing Susan. She lied, cheated and broke her contract with her husband. He could never trust her again and without trust there can be no marriage. He sure as heck wouldn't want to have children with her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Written by a person who has no respect for men.

This IS a poor followup! How anyone can justify Susan's betrayal and Early's acceptance is beyond any rational being's comprehension. In reality she should be kicked to the curve and made to pay a price.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
it's typical

another WACC writer once again, keep them together at all cost. I know a lot of women wish life was that easy. 1star

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Tavacuck confuses 'strength' for 'cryptorchidism'

departure from Early in the original story, decent writing but not really a sequel since the original character still had his balls; this one does not. A for effort, D for execution

NicoleAlldredgeNicoleAlldredgeover 11 years ago
Plot and outcome is pathetic

It was all I could do to trudge through the rubbish that comprises the plot line and development within this story. I have to give it a one star just like the original story simply because there are no negative stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

what a crock,,!! an other liberal mentality..go to counselling and everything will be O K !!! what a bull !!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Readers, you must understand...

This particular author is a lover of wimp stories and spineless men. So, don't berate the author for being a cluck lover and who believes that husbands love a wife who bring home a cream pie.

Richie4110Richie4110over 11 years ago
I liked the way it unfolds

I've read several of the attempts to add an ending to The Troubadour's base story. This is the first one I've given a 5 star rating. Thank you for a fine effort.

Mr WolfMr Wolfover 11 years ago
Better than Most

Enjoyed this one and felt it was closer to the original character personalities and hence the developement of the storyline than some of the others.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago

cuck story version but well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Pathetic cluck story.

Gutless wonder husband, cheating slut wife. However, good ole John got off with free pussy. It's impossible to understand the thought process of an author who so glibly accepts cheating.

sugnasugnaover 11 years ago
Analysis

There is a common theme in many of these stories. It is the concept of three pillars of marriage; love, respect and trust. The idea that you cannot lose one of these without losing the marriage is key to the equation. Love is opening ones heart to another person, respect is valuing the quality of the character of another person, and trust is your faith in that person that they value your love and respect and will not throw it back in your face. Respect and trust can be lost in an instant, one word or one act can reveal the truth of how a person values you. Love is more difficult to kill. Love is like a rope tied to your most soul. When you give someone your love you hand them this rope. If they give you their rope you can tie the two together and form a bond. When trust and respect are gone, you find yourself tied to a person that you do not even like. In fact, due to their words and actions the are repellent. As you try to pull away that rope starts to cut into you. The pain is terrible as the rope cuts and burns your most sensitive parts of your soul.

How does a person manage this situation? How does a person get some assurance that they will not be betrayed? If not assurance, how about insurance? Beyond infidelity, there are many other forms of betrayal. How many spouses poor spending habits have financially ruined a marriage? How many spouses have let work or extended family ruin a marriage? Drugs and alcohol are common culprits too. It sounds cold, but if dating were treated like a job interview and a prospective spouse treated like a job applicant there is a strong chance marriages would fare better. In fact, this is a job that requires a security clearance considering the sensitive nature of the position. That means a thorough background investigation and ongoing integrity checks throughout employment. Blind trust is apparently poor management of a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

she found her bed and is not going there and dealing with the consequences, an no early either

karan9876karan9876about 11 years ago
Realistic for you author means being a cuck?

You said this would be more realistic, well it only turned out to be another of ur cuck shit. Does being realistic in your world mean being a cuck?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
No Way

She got off way too easy. So did her lover. Trust is gone forever. I don't care how many counselors they've seen. No retribution, no revenge, no way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
she got off easy

well am glad it worked out for them. but he should have sued the company if possible for his and her infidelity. she should have quit the next day. how do you resolve in your mind your wife fucking another guy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great follow up...

I "think" I have read all the HOW HIGH A PRICE... stories. In the real world this happens numerous times and the husbands do not find out... The wife(s) may have guilt and others will carry on with other work place affairs 5

illjoyilljoyalmost 11 years ago
lol

Somewhat realistic . . . . .lost the fight in urge to laugh, smh

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
Curse you Troubador!

It's amazing the impact Early and Susan's story has had. Troubador touched a chord in his original, and it has reverberated ever since. Personally I've never felt more sorry for anyone like I have for poor Early. The pain he's suffered, and continues to suffer with each retelling is awesome. This follow up is no better or no worse than any of the others. Early is our modern Uriah. Susan is our contemporary Bathsheba; we have the loyal husband, the shallow woman drawn by wealth and privilege, and the selfish but powerful boss. There can never be a happy ending.

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
Sad tale of an average woman

Im sorry..its okay...beat wife again.....im sorry...its okay..beat wife again..im sorry ..its okay....this is a bad marriage except she beats him by sleeping around again and again, but thats okay to all you feminist males..explains why your sons are gay and beat the fuck up in schools no pride in character or self respect. The forgive and forget with out remorse or redemption or regret, the American motto kinda explains why everyone hates the average USA woman(opps white woman)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
whore

Susan is/was a whore. Nothing else. Just a whore. She whored herself out to a boss, thus a whore. Whores are not to be trusted, they are to be used, nothing else. Early should have put her in her own room, make her go to the Doctors every 30 days and fuck her when ever he felt like it. Susan was comfortable being a whore, so use her thusly.

She didn't want it to affect her marriage? What marriage? When she agreed to open her legs for someone else other than 'her loving husband', she nullified the marriage and became a whore. You don't trust whores, you don't treat them as wives. You treat them as whores, nothing else.

You don't have a marriage when married to a whore. There is no trust. With no trust there is no marriage. Trust cannot be rebuilt nor lived without. It is always there in the back of your mind, did she or didn't she? Therefore, the will never be a rebuilding of trust that was lost.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
She paid no price

Just another cuck wimp story.

searching0240searching0240over 10 years ago
She Got It

This is one of the few follow-up's that presented the wife in a favorable light. She exercised very poor judgement. But, she didn't gain any great pleasure from her transgression. Her remorse and understanding were made believable by the author. Though temporarily "distracted", I believe that Susan really did love Early. I can't believe that any further punishment or revenge would accomplish anything. Without the over the top revenge that the BTB crowd favor (including me) , the consequences of the "affair", both personal and professional, were presented in a realistic light.

I realize that in this macho, thug culture we live in, that most believe that everyone (but they themselves) should be burned to the ground for their mistakes. But this is just a sad tale of a very human relationship where one of the partners let their ambition become an obsession.

I am the product of a career military family. We are slow to trust, and slow to forgive. After all we are taught that killing people is "good", when we want their stuff, or they don't believe the same things that we do. I am glad that they were able to rekindle some of their relationship. I doubt that I would have had the emotional, or personal strength to do it.

Robert

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
I agree with carvohi, but more so

Susan is a money, status grubbing lawyer. She is a selfish bitch whose idea of love is not what she would do for Early but what he does for her! Your love for another person is about your care for others, not their care for you. If she loved Early she would never have taken the slightest chance of doing ANYTHING that might hurt him. No, Susan and many others like her do not really love anyone. They love being loved by others! They love what they can get from others. They are takers and users. They rationalize and justify their misdeeds in fruitless attempts to absolve their guilt. No, in plain English, no matter how good looking, intelligent, well educated Susan is a piece of shit. Early had only one wise course of action, scrape Susan off his heel, wash his shoe off and stay away from shit like her. The fact that he did not do this in this version tells us something is wrong with Early too. In the past stories he has been described as a successful business man. If that is the case, then this is not due to low self-esteem. That leave some other, creepier character flaw.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
YUCK!! How do I give this piece of shit a NEGATIVE score, CUCKY??

Like them CREAM PIES, don't ya?? )))))

Only a PUSSY with NO SELF ESTEEM would have accepted her cheating!

AND she LIES to him REPEATEDLY.

And he is OK with this?

How could he EVER trust her again??

'nuff said

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterabout 10 years ago
Cuckold…!

She suffers Nothing, He Loses EVERYTHING and HE IS a Cuckold WIMP…

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 10 years ago
Delusional

Did you read the original story? If you did you might have had a characterization that resembled the original. Don't pretend to do an ending to a story if you ignore the original characters. When you do, your whole story is a falsehood.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Obsession?

It wasn't her obsession with the partnership that caused the problem. That would only be the case if she HAD to sleep with him to get the partnership.

That wasn't the case. She had earned it on her own merits, albeit with John's help, but in what universe is sexual favors an appropriate thank you gift?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Unconvincing

Just another cuck story,where he doesn't have the backbone to make consequences for a well thought out and planned betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Pretty good

However, it's a little difficult to accept her version of what was going on in her mind, when before she and John even get undressed, she sucks his cock to completion, and then swallows his cum. That's a very intimate act, as well as then sleeping with him overnight twice, suggesting cuddling, etc..

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
She learned nothing

She didn't fuck Stickner to reward him, she fucked him to get a new cock in her cunt.

Early should dump her ass ASAP.

zed0zed0over 9 years ago
OH BOY! Another wimp rewrite of a wimp story!

Just as bad as the original, why did you even bother?

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Lies, Denial and Ego

Susan is lying to herself. She fucked Stickner because he was the Alpha male in her tribe. In the back of her mind, it was okay because of his position. At home Early may have been her Alpha, but work was another thing. She was doing what women do, she was using sex to ensure her survival and advancement in her tribe. It is not sexist, it is normal. Who cares if she "loved" Early? Really! Marriage is a lot more than love. It too is about survival. It is about an exclusive partnership between to people to work together for their own survival and eventually the survival of their offspring. Susan betrayed her partner. She lied and destroyed the trust in her marriage. She had sex with another man and destroyed the respect in her marriage. She put her own advancement ahead of her partnership. She was looking for a better deal than what her marriage had offered her. In the end, it wasn't really love that held them together. Love is a fragile thing, that dies quickly when betrayal bludgeons it to death. What held them together was inertia. It was years of following the same path. They knew how to be married. What the story alludes to but does not expand on, is that they may even go on to have kids together, but they will NEVER be in love each other again. They may be "loving" as they take care of their marital duties, but the intimacy and love died at the moment of betrayal. By staying together, they are cheating themselves out of real happiness. They will be a constant reminder of who they are: a cheating whore, and a cuckold who stayed with her out of inertia and fear. YUCK! Grown some balls!

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Gratitude

As I mentioned in another version, there are many acceptable ways to show gratitude for business assistance that don't involve sex!

seekerazseekerazover 9 years ago
what price did she have to pay?

Oh, that's right none. Poor little whore didn't get her promotion....

Early didn't lose a faithful wife and partner, he didn't have one to begin with. He did seem to throw away his self respect.

The story was well written so I'll give it a three. Susan I would give a minus three. She didn't have the chops to get a promotion on her abilities except for on her back.

I know I over react to these stories. Maybe it's because I was in Early's shoes. It hurts and she didn't give a fuck... well actually she did often and to anyone. The quintessential sexually liberated wife free to enjoy and pass on her STDs to all she meets. I'm gone and better off for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What price she had to pay?...

...it´s a story by andrewpeters, so, of course: none. Andrew enjoys and supports cuckoldry it seems. What does a reader else expect?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This fool author loves cuckolding too much.

This story tells a lot about the sorry author.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 9 years ago
Hilarious

If you can't at least attempt to be vaguely true to the original characters, please don't attempt sequels. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Started out OK, than went way "south."

An author who peddles that old line "it was only sex" and "it wasn't love" is one sorry author. Fact is Early became an accepting cuckold and Susan stayed a cheating slut. So, author, BOOOOO!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Story

Bullshit

blackswordblackswordabout 9 years ago

It felt unfinished.

wgterry73wgterry73almost 9 years ago
BULLLSHIT!

Worthless addition to a good story! Who in all reality wants to read about a worthless wimp cuck?!

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
Not much of an addition to the many endings for How High a Price.

I didn't like the Susan in this or any of the other stories, including the original. I try to find and read them all, no matter what kind of mess they are. Now, admittedly, anyone completing this story doesn't have much to start with as far as characters go, but not many of the Earlys have much to recommend. There are probably some reasons to forgive a slut and take her back, but a mercy or pity fuck for a co-worker couldn't be one. Sorry, but you just didn't improve or even explain the story at all. She says she surely won't do it again, but she really didn't have any problem with doing it this time. Didn't seem to have much regret while it was happening, kind of like it was her right to do it. I couldn't live with her or forgive her and I certainly wouldn't forget what she did.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 8 years ago
Little Value

Like the sequels to Gone With the Wind it was unwanted, unnecessary, unliked, and unrelated to the original characters. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
what a total pile of shit

Look at the story from iron dragon or one of the great writers. This version of early is a total fucking wimp who takes the whore back. what a crock of shit.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Meh

"I'm home, just finished cleaning up the kitchen. Its been lonely around here tonight." – She’s worried that he might be home, then apparently assumes that he isn’t?

As has been said in other versions (including by me!), there a many acceptable ways to thank a colleague for their help that do NOT involve fucking them!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Another...

Matt M. wannabe writer with their RAAC bullshit view. Another 1 star in the seemingly endless constellation of 1 Star RAAC writer's and stories. A waste of the 9 minutes it took to read/endure this tripe.

Nothing to see here folks, move along please!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous