All Comments on 'How I Met Caesar'

by mrkfromseattle

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
o gooddie

allright a ood start for something diff than the 3 types of loving wife stories

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Confusing

So there is some special team that gently stops affairs, lies to the cheated spouses, all to keep families together? Interesting, but fucked up. Why? Better that they arrange a car accident or two for the adulterers and set the cheated free. The cheaters win. The cheated are lied to and have to continue living with scum. The reason behind the cheating is not resolved. The betraying shit personality, is still there, filing separate returns and short changing her family. Other than avoiding the pain of divorce, how is this good for Caesar? These manipulators were despicable people playing God in other peoples lives. They were almost worse than the cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Interesting twist.....though I confess that the "no consequences" approach to killing...

....the affair to restore the marriage, leaves me a bit cold. Your reasoning is pragmatic, but has no elements of suffering for the criminals.

It sounds like a business strategy for getting a problem to go away.

OK, so I'm an old time thinker. The staying married and keeping the wronged party in the dark...all to avoid a divorce seems a little shy of right. If nothing else, she broke their relationship and any hope of trust with her betrayal.

I'm not sure Cesar is all that smart...because at the end me of the day, the unanswered questions will remain and are likely to fester. The doubt will eat him alive, if he has anything less than a very trusting and linear mind.

But it was intriguing to see how so,done might pull off an operation like that. And it seems they are not a "for profit" enterprise.

Me, I'm getting cagey about my finances and job situation and starting to play her game by her rules. Bitch was ruthless. The emails said she didn't want to lose hubby and kids, but her actions suggest otherwise.

I know it isn't a real-world thing, but you may want to consider some rework on the logic and conclusions you drew. You gave us insufficient explanation and no device whereby we could suspend unbelief surrounding the outcome and after effects of wifey's infidelity.

Thank you.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 8 years ago
5 stars because in a divorce, everyone loses except the lawyers.

Not sure I agree with her getting away scot free; but how do you punish her without punishing the family?

I enjoyed it. Thanks for writing.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 8 years ago
Interesting Approach

I thought this was an interesting new approach to the whole cheating wife theme. My main criticism is that the wife still seems remote and unengaged and the husband is much too easily pleased. It is hard to see such a relationship lasting.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 8 years ago
The punctuation, or lack of,

made the story hard to follow at times. There were many quotes with no quotation marks and often nothing indicated who the speaker actually was. The plot was interesting, but very open ended. We have no idea why the unknown people did what they did. If this were tightened up, it would be a very good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

dnf, it was painful to read. get a fucking editor or stop posting crap.

GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 8 years ago
That's an interesting thought, sugna...

Yes, from the POV of the wronged spouse, you have a serious point.

However, from the POV of an intact family, and the best interests of the kids involved, your point is trumped.

Here is the key question: Is the wronged spouse (and kids) best served by a combination of ignorance (and possibly some revenge - remember that we don't exactly know how far Caesar went in his "relationship" with Vicky, and there is room for some questions there) and restoration of the "normal" family life dynamic (even if only temporarily, if the cheating spouse should choose to repeat the transgression(s)), OR are they better served by a complete disclosure of the facts, leading to consequences, divorce, bitterness, acrimony, and possibly leading to a lifetime of recriminations and wrecked relationships? From the POV of the best interests of the children and family as a whole, the answer isn't even a close comparison.

...and I haven't even mentioned the blessings (for the wronged spouse) or virtues of forgiveness - as a concept and a practice - here, yet.

To some, I can understand that the lack of honesty in contexts like this is an anathema, but sometimes, and just sometimes, (as always - there are no such things as "100% rules" in situations like these) ignorance really is bliss.

One final point, should she eventually choose to "relapse" into another affair, well, he's already alerted to the signs and symptoms, so, he's at least more mentally prepared for any subsequent rounds of betrayal, and forewarned is forearmed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good story

# 5

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 8 years ago
Extraordinarily hard to follow

It seems like there is an interesting story in here somewhere, but the way it is written makes it extremely hard to follow. The bartender is the first-person narrator at the beginning, but becomes a third-person character later in the story. Almost the entire story is dialog, but it's often difficult to tell who is saying what.

The bartender seems to be extremely nosy, and apparently highly-skilled in matters of psychology and espionage. Is he a secret agent posing as a bartender? And what was that at the end about a team of secret agents formed for the sole purpose of spying on a cheating wife? I'm so confused.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Horrible story.

I'd rather suffer terribly than have some dumb fuck like Alex and Vicky lying to me and covering up for my whore wife.

I don't understand why people are such pussies. Being alone scares them so much that they are willing to sacrifice every shred of their self to get a little bit of fake love and a used up pussy.

Just man up. Leave her and try for a better life. If you fail and if you die alone, that is alright. At least you tried. No one can take that away from you.

If a spouse suspects their partner to have an affair, that is most probably true.

Leave them. If you lose the kids that is fine too. Your job is not to coddle them and breed another generation of weak morally bankrupt shits who see the poor examples their parents are. You job is to make decent human beings outta them. Eventually they will appreciate what you did for them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Not bad for first story!

Could have been a 5, if the ass-hole that was fucking the wife, would have been found in an alley with his throat slit, and wallet stolen, to make it look like a robbery. One less, sleazy, low-life Republican, would make the world a much better place to live!

looking4itlooking4itabout 8 years ago

I assume, GrandpaM, that he sees the signs and merrily trains a dog, plans fantastic outings with the kids, and remain blissfully ignorant of the details again?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Liked the story but they let her get away with fucking some guy for a year with no consequences . She answered to no one until she was ready. What about hubby he had to sit and take deep down knowing she was fucking someone else and neglecting her hubby/ family. When she finally gets dumped she disappeared for three days comes back fucks hubby like she hasn't in a year then all is well. Hopefully he is fucking his own and hiding cash for years with his phony act with the wife until kids are older . Then he can tell her he knew all along that she cheated that year but didn't have the proof so he waited it out until the kids were older. Using up all the money he could , turning it to ash slowly hiding it. Second mortgage the house to pay kids college or weddings or homes. Then walk out leaving her shocked and fucked financially for the last phase of her life. People both men and woman need consequences for there actions when they hurt their family and that's all this selfish bitch did for a year while her hubby suffered over it in silence. Me personally no matter the cost I would have walked forcing her to admit the affair making believe I would work it out then when I felt I had all my info from her I'd walk anyway. PEOPLE NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR BAD DECISIONS AND THEY DIDNT GIVE HUBBY A FAIR SHOT TOMAKE A MANS DECISION NO MATTER WHAT IT WAS AND THATS NOT FAIR TO HIM . He will live forever not knowing who's dick she was fucking that year and if she still was

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
To the annoy who wrote a long winded dumbass comment

about payback from the husband. I would remind you dumbass it's a fuck story in LW and a fictional tale. Grow the fuck up and stop reading these LW stories or stop bitching like the little girl or fag you ar.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
just a story

a silly story but just a story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Hey Democrat

Try getting your own moral compass boxed... like most other dimwits yours is a bubble off True North.

Pappy7Pappy7about 8 years ago
Wasn't that badly written, in my opinion.

But the resolution was not really a resolution. The wife did it for a year, obviously more in the open than she should have. Hubby was absolutely clueless so she is empowered by her cleverness. She never really had any remorse, except for getting dumped by the lover. Hubby was like the dog, the "bartender" and his friends just trained him to accept the fact that his wife was a non-repentant slut. Good that he is so easily pleased and able to forget his pain so easily but if he finds out that the PI he paid lied to him and covered up the infidelity at the instigation of the bartender he has several options and a lot of them involve violence. In this little tale not only did his wife have no respect for him, the people around him didn't either so he must have been a wimpy little nothing and probably inherited his money and position at work. I would also have the children tested for paternity and check the bartender as a possible while you are at it.

Didn't dislike the story all that much, but didn't really like it either. Hubby might have chosen the path they forced him into, probably would have, didn't seem to have any balls, but he should have had the choice to make. Bitch will do it again and this time probably in his house and his bed, with him in the other room. Deep hole, weights and lots of standing water equal solution.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 8 years ago
4

Entertaining, but i wouldve enjoyed reading more followup about the wife.. Remorse, confession???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Not too bad, not too good

The story seemed to drag along at times. It just seemed stuck in the mud. Then we get the the facts. A "team" of people are wandering around supposedly helping couples wherein one of the spouses is cheating. A novel idea. Kinda funny when you think about that particular premise. The reason I couldn't enjoy it more is that the cheaters got away with their affair. Yes the families were spared the agony of a divorce. But sometimes a divorce is best for all concerned, regardless of the pain involved. I wasn't happy with letting the cheaters get away with it. Sorry. Other then that, maybe a good editor could have helped with the areas that seemed to drag.

luedonluedonabout 8 years ago
I liked it

It was a story based on an idea not often seen in LW stories, that a marriage can be 'saved' by getting a 'cheating' spouse to stop cheating and never have the 'wronged' spouse find out. Add to that a few things the wronged spouse can do to improve family life, and all will be well.

I would have liked to know a little more about the motivation of Dr Bell and his team of marriage-repair angels, but that's a minor niggle.

Having come in late to reading the story, it was fascinating to read the 21 comments so far. The usual suspects came out bellyaching about the lack of retribution for the wife. They really should migrate to a country where stoning adulterous wives is standard practice. No-fault amendments to the marriage acts of so many countries must be limiting the places where they can live and feel that all's right with the world.

L

fisheronefisheroneabout 8 years ago
Almost lost

Since wife was given a chance to get out of jail once, she most likely won't risk it again. Also husband made changes that helped the future of his family. If he had sooner some of this may have been avoided. This doesn't excuse wife of her wrong doings without talking to husband.

bruce22bruce22about 8 years ago
Interesting story

They may have solved the couple's problem but she should be bubbling over with guilt at this point.

luedonluedonabout 8 years ago
Why, Fisherone?

Wives do lots of wrong things without talking with their husbands.

Husbands do lots of wrong things without talking with their wives.

They range from 'I bought myself a little indulgence' up to whatever.

The question is 'where do you draw the line?'

Is harm done if the spouse never finds out?

L

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiabout 8 years ago
from

what was described, this marriage was on the rocks long before the affair. When there is no intimacy between the couple they grow apart. There was a underlying reason for the wife's lack of interest and that usual means she doesn't love her husband anymore, if she did at all. Many people get married because it was the thing to do and most don't really love each other. Some grow to love each other, some just settle because it easier, many split up, 50% in USA apparently. Women seem to be very tolerate of husbands aging badly as long as he works hard and pays the bills but if the wife cuts of all action in the bedroom there is little hope of a long term marriage. In this story Caesar was cut off well before the affair started so her change in attitude can only be an act, maybe she feels guilty, how long will it last? wait till the kids leave home or wait till menopause kicks in and see how long a weak relationship lasts. The Caesar's of this world should keep burying saving in the back yard or a account under the kids names and take back control of the finances, trust but verify. TK

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Meh

I like that Caesar still has his family, and I can even live with Denise getting away with it, if the price of screwing her is Caesar getting fucked!

But Walt DEFINITELY needs to pay!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Damn stupid story

So these secret squirrel marriage savers are ok with Caesar being saddled with a wife who put him, their children and their marriage second. She didn't come back to him and their family because she wanted to but because she had to. I feel sorry for Ceasar because he will always be second in her mind.

InescuInescuabout 8 years ago
Potential

There were a lot of grammatical errors (commas, abrupt shifts in tense and perspective), but there was a seed of a good idea here. Please keep working at it.

I don't think the marriage would have survived in the long run. Caesar knew his wife was cheating on him. He just lacked direct evidence of something he knew in his heart was taking place. That would eat at their relationship and erode it over time until the situation became untenable. He couldn't trust her anymore and she would always feel superior since she had gotten one over on him. It wouldn't be a matter of if she would cheat again, but when. During the affair she had taken steps to disassociate herself from her husband financially, which directly conflicted her statement (via email) that she still loved him and wanted to keep her family together. While she might have stated that, her actions made a lie of it. Her actions displayed an amazing amount of disrespect that would be hard for the relationship to recover from.

Your psychologist/Bartender did Caesar no favors. He lied to him repeatedly, withheld evidence of what was actually going on and constantly treated him as a child that needed to be guided for their own good rather than an adult who had the right to know the facts and make informed judgments based on them. The PI was legally responsible to provide a factual account of their findings and if Caesar ever became aware of their perfidy, he would have every right to sue them for whatever he could get. I dislike the concept of organizations that lie to and manipulate people "for their own good". Others have used it and their depictions leave just as bad a taste in my mouth as this one.

Please keep writing. I look forward to more stories from you in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Too many questions left not answered.

Is this the first story of a series? Otherwise it is not finished - there is also missing an active participation of Denise and her lover. What are they thinking, what about their life? This is a one sided told story which too often causes head shaking. 2**

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Words separated

Don't separate words into two words just so you can!

Examples I saw before I quit reading:

Bar tender = bartender

ever where = everywhere

room mate = roommate

If you're not good with grammar, I suggest finding an editor.

Thanks for trying any way. (LOL ... anyway)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Nice, Needs Sequel or FTDS

There are marriages where one person has a single secret affair and they go on to have a long marriage. Sadly, Caesar will likely find out and will be hurt terribly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Not bad.

If he divorces her, he pays child support, alimony, etc . She gets a free ride he gets punished. The only other alternative is death. That has a lifetime sentence if caught.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 8 years ago
Great 5* read!

I hope this is part of a series!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
An interesting and thought provoking story, but not for the right reasons.

Main plot: wife of a dense clueless husband becomes disenchanted with marriage, becomes some traveling salesman's slut, and when caught and threatened with exposure, she stops slutting and returns to acting like a loyal loving wife and mother. The husband remains clueless and they all live happily . . ., but for how long? Who can be sure?

Sub plot: some unknown group for some unknown reason maneuvers the wife and her fuck toy into breaking up their affair, leaving the wronged spouses unknowing and blissfully ignorant.

The thoughts that are provoked are:

1. Who are these unknown people who manipulated the cheaters and the betrayed spouses? And why do they do this? The answer is not part of the story.

2. Why did the wife cheat on her husband and children? The answer is not part of the story?

3. So, what was the point of this story? Its anyone's guess, as the comments show.

The details as to how all this was arranged and executed is boring compared to the questions left unanswered.

I hope in your next story you pay more attention to what the real questions are. How they caught them, and how they wrote them fake snarky letters to scare them into stopping? Lame and tepid compared to the real unanswered suspense.

But thanks for trying.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 8 years ago
Interesting Premise

Guess hubby probably is better with his family intact, although I suspect that she will cheat again.

impo_61impo_61about 8 years ago
This wasn't about a cheating wife...

This wasn't about a cheating wife...This was about a group of people that helped to save marriages, when they could be saved...pity we didn't know more about who these people are and why they had decided to get together...3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I get the emphasis to restore the marriage, but they didn't fix the relationship.

This marriage was on its last legs from the beginning of the story. For Denise to leave town with only a voice mail message indicates how little respect she has for her husband, how little regard she has for her children, and how shallow the relationship was for Caesar to accept her leaving without a confrontation and explanation. Denise supposedly did not want a divorce, but the only reason she quit cheating is because she was threatened with retribution. Whatever caused her to cheat on her husband and children has not been fixed. And since hubby still thinks she was fucking around on him he will constantly monitor her behavior and motives, and the tension will continue to grow until the marriage becomes unbearable. So all the secret group accomplished was to push Caesar and Denise back together for a while until the soured relationship again starts to fail. I think there was a much better resolution.

The secret group should have confronted Denise with a choice: either admit to Caesar their marriage is dead and seek an honorable divorce, or immediately embark on a plan to determine and correct the marriage problems. If Denise wants to try to save the marriage then here is the deal. For 1 year Denise will enter counseling with Caesar and the children, and prove that she really wants to be a loyal loving wife. For that year the secret group will withhold the adultery from Caesar. After the year is over, Denise will either decide that she wants a divorce, or she will admit her adultery to her entire family and beg their forgiveness and understanding. She will expose whatever problems caused her to cheat, and she will convince Caesar and her family that she is a changed woman and that she is worthy of being given another chance. If she has walked the walk and demonstrates true contrition and humility Caesar may forgive her. That will be a chance she has to take. She was willing to risk losing her marriage for some strange cock, so she can take the same risk in an act of humiliation and contrition. From that point the marriage will either end, or be restarted with renewed maturity and experience.

But just sweeping her cheating under the rug will not fix the problems that caused her to cheat. With time and normal family stress, the problems will just get worse.

mike9698mike9698about 8 years ago
1 *

so his "friends" decide to help him out by lying to him about his marriage. doesnt he deserve the truth. what if a couple of years later his slut wife decides to start playing around again. what right do these assholes have to stick their nose into someone else life. this guy deserves the truth, and let him plan for his life without the bitch. let him have a few years for his kids to get older, and for him to get his money straight. then leave the faithless cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Interesting premise

but you really need to learn about quotation marks. I'm not a grammar nazi but this was hard to read because of the terrible misuse of them. When you spit paragraphs while someone is still talking you put quotation marks in the front of the paragraph but not the end.

"I told her.

"That's when she told me to fly a kite."

chytownchytownabout 8 years ago
This Was Boring*

Sorry!

ryu77ryu77about 8 years ago
Nice premise

but this story really needed an editor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Crazy

Tell me Luedon, you ask if the spouse never finds out is there harm done... going on that account, if a husband decided to have two wives and families on different sides of the coast all is well and good because they don't know about each other their is no harm to it. But from not being honest, he takes away from both, he is always splitting his time and never there fully for either family and more importantly it's for his own selfish reasons. See morals and values play a big part in a lot of peoples lives, maybe not yours, but many consider it very important that when someone gives their word or promises something it has meaning and value. It's called integrity, you might want to look it up. People like you don't like this word, because you like to hide behind and try and make grey were things are very clearly black and white, you see you try making grey because if you have to admit that what you've done is either right or wrong you also have to be held accountable for those actions, and in this case as well as in your stories that you've written, it means instead of protecting and keeping your spouse safe and loved and honoring the vows you made, you've hurt and dishonored them instead and then use the bullshit defense of no harm no foul.

sdc97230sdc97230about 8 years ago
Works out ok, I guess

Alex took the time to determine first that Caesar didn't want to divorce Denise, and probably didn't really want to know for sure if she was really cheating on him. He just wanted things back the way they were before she started to change. Will Denise cheat again? Does Caesar really want to know?

What is perhaps missing is the team doing something to determine that Walt's wife doesn't want her happy home blown up on her either. And some explanation of how this team manages to support its activities.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 8 years ago
Well, it was different; and good.

The marriage fixers shadow company was a novel idea. I don't believe ignorance is bliss, though. If it were, why aren't more people blissful? I wonder how long it will be before Caesar is back in another case? Denise doesn't seem like someone that can be trusted. It was interesting and well conceived. If I could have told who was speaking half the time, if the spelling and punctuation had been better it would have been very good. I'll read another from you. Just have someone edit for you. If someone did, get another. Nice job.

driv2u2driv2u2about 8 years ago
Descision

Should have told husband his then would decide if he wanted her or not after seconds , all the lies and deceit

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
bad story

what a........ 1*

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2about 8 years ago
Great story ***** 5!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat shit annony!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Different , not too shabby for 1st time

Well it was certainly a different take on a LW story. I liked the premise , but it left some open questions. Is this Dr. Alex Bell ( yes I caught that) an avenging Angel or is this some form of an academic study ?

I'm not an author, nor do I have the inclination to be one , so the grammatical mistakes simply do not bother me, it was easy enough to follow along without problems for me. I really do not understand why this gets so many noses out of joint , this is a free site after all.

So , mrkfromseattle , I certainly hope you will post some more. It seems like you have a good instinct for creating good storylines .

4*'s

Cpprcrk

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

Didn't make any sense.

kjohns2001kjohns2001about 8 years ago
An observation........

I looked at the comments (my there are a lot of them!) and didn't see anyone bring up some problems I have with the ending. Several people mentioned how badly the cheating slut treated her husband. There was nothing done in this story to stop anything but this one affair. The cheating slut is still hiding money and still has absolutely no respect for both her marriage and her husband.

Now put someone like that in the position of another affair, what is such a person capable of? Is she capable of having her next lover physically harm, or even murder, her husband? As written I think that the cold hearted cheating slut of a bitch would have no problem seeing that as an easy way to obtain all of her husband's assets with the least amount of trouble for her.

That is something that is sometimes mentioned in stories, but rarely as something actually planned and instigated by the wife, the possibility of that alone is reason enough to dump, or off, a cheating slut of a bitch in my opinion. Once a slut starts cheating you just can't predict how far she will go to get what she wants. Obviously I am not one of the she cheated on him but loves him beyond all reason crowd. Personally I think that part of being a cheater is losing all respect and consideration for the cheated on spouse. Better to be safe than sorry and go for a preemptive strike on both the cheater and their lover or lovers before they do more damage to you than they have already done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
hey dimocrap

Well, if it's ok for Bill Clinton.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
security systems

Most places of business have security cards and cameras all over the place. Her using a company apartment would have cameras all over the place for safety . The surely have a cleaning service come in and if bed sheets and things out of line in the apartment somebody would say something. My wife said that about the car I would tell her to take a hike. Yes she was hiding something and will do it again

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Not sure

I'm not sure that I completely understood this. But I think it was a very gentle, double BTB.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Reading again

A pretty good story, even if I still don't understand it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good tale. I agree with kjohns2001. LP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

WTF. She gets away scott free. Yeah the husband doesn't have to go through the problems of a divorce, but she gets to have her cake and eat it too. She got away without hubby finding out so she will probably try it again. I don't believe in once a cheater always a cheater but people who get away with something once will try it again.it can be cheating on a test in college, embezzling money, hustling at pool or anything else. While the story was well written (5☆} the story idea wasn't (-3☆).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous