All Comments on 'How to Date a Superhero Ch. 05'

by frozenhero1

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
too bad

I thought this was how to date a superhero. Not how to be fucked over by a lying vengeful bitch. The first few chapters had such promise. I am sad the story did not take on a more romantic path. Hopefully you have some amazing story arcs planned. Good luck.

observer7observer7over 9 years ago
That Anony whiner...

...must have had someone cheat on him. "A lying, vengeful bitch," eh? Vengeful. Interesting choice of words. Sure. Sounds like you can't handle being human, boy. You would also be one of those freaks at the Salem Witch Trials:

"Women are evil for making me want then and then not being perfect! They should be BURRNED! Burned at the stake for tempting me and then disappointing me! Forgiveness? Understanding and compassion, for someone I love? What's that? Don't be silly!! She's a vengeful, evil, demon-whore! Burn the bitch!"

Admit it, it wouldn't take much to nudge your thoughts in this direction, seeing as how you can't even handle a FICTIONAL story where that was where some of the CONFLICT happens (because stories need conflict). Fair enough that you don't care to read stories with that conflict because they do not bring you pleasure, but, seriously? "Lying, vengeful bitch"?

What a moron.

Hethen129Hethen129over 9 years ago
Calm down

The story could be still about how a two superheros got together and the title will still work. Really read the authors other works there is always a lot of drama and plot twists before they get to where they are going.

Would I have liked Mega Girl to go to Olympus and realize she wants the human dude, maybe have external drama rather then internal drama sure but these are not my characters and I am sure the author has a plan that they are comfortable with so enjoy the ride or skip the story either way save the hate. You want to hate authors and other commenters then do that shit in loving wives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow, What Animosity!

The comments, it seems, are almost better than the story itself. It's too bad that one of the commenters had to call the other a name--I really enjoyed his rebuttal until then. Moron? Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning? You're no better than he is. But that is not what I wanted to write about when I came here...

I just realized something as I was reading this chapter: Byrne Park, I get it. John Byrne, former illustrator of "X-Men" and illustrator/writer of "The Fantastic Four." He was also one of the people behind Superman's re-imagining in the eighties until he had the Man of Steel actually kill somebody. I appreciate the reference.

I also appreciate the response Apollo had when queried about why some of the gods and goddesses had Roman names and others went by their Greek appellations. It makes perfect sense. And I like the idea of Olympus residing in an alternate dimension, much like Asgard does in the Marvel Universe. Some people need change in their lives, even if they are a god, and I can understand why Apollo might be a little bit tired of an Olympus that has hardly changed in thousands of years.

I hope Penelope realizes that Apollo will tire of her, too, eventually. It is inevitable when gods and humans mix.

And as for Jordan and Travis? To a smaller degree Jordan is also a super-heroine. She may not have the mighty powers that her colleague does, but she is right there when needed to fight the good fight, even if it is in a back-up role (Oracle and Black Canary in "Birds of Prey"). Can he justify to himself that it is really okay to drop one hero for another, since both women will eventually kiss and make up? I see nothing good coming out of this relationship, unfortunately. I hope I am wrong.

Anyway, keep up the good work. There is nothing better than a story that brings out both the best and the worst in the folks who read it.

Roger.

LancerInLALancerInLAover 9 years ago
Hyprocrite?

Pot - Kettle - Black

Travis breaks up. She leaves with the guy who just tried to kill her. Fucks him. Zero remorse or regret. Then gets pissed at Travis For kissing the roommate. Plus, Apollo is a total tool.

Teenagers.

If I wanted to know this drama, I would dive deeper into my teenagers problems.

Liking this story less and less.

Val

observer7observer7over 9 years ago
Oh, Roger! <3

If you think I'm posting because I think that I'm better than the other guy, you got it wrong, I just love getting a reaction. Thank you for giving me one. None of my posts are "rebuttals" where you stay away from name-calling. The name-calling is part of the fun, and sometimes douche bags just deserve someone being obstinate in their face.

Pissing in my cornflakes sounds pretty kinky, you want to try it? You could even have a bite. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good work!

I like Penny/Apollo better than Penny/Travis, so hopefully she doesn't go back to him.

new_readernew_readerover 9 years ago

Uh dude, you got your Greek and Roman mixed up, I think. The Greeks came long before the Romans. The Romans adopted the Greek Olympians and just kinda reinvented them with new names. Only Apollo kept his given name. After the collapse of the Roman empire, the eastern half called the Byzantium went on another 1000 years and was influenced by Greek culture. So the Roman gods reverted back to their Greek identities for the most part. I get that you are trying to go for something different here, but things like Neptune/Minerva being given names and Pluto, Lord of Hades don't really make sense. Pluto and Hades were the same - god of Underworld.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wonder where it goes from here

Well I didn't expect her to find out the roommate and ex-boyfriend so suddenly. I wonder how the ex-boyfriend will respond when he finds out about Apollo and if he will ever find out about what happened at Olympus because I think the roommate will avoid him now for the sake of her relationship with Mega Girl. He seems like he is going to be the loser so far this series.

frozenhero1frozenhero1over 9 years agoAuthor
@new_reader

Yes, the Roman empire rose after the height of the Greek empire. The point that Apollo was trying to make is that the 'Olympians', the race of other-dimensional people that Apollo is one of, came before both of them. They call themselves what they want. Sometimes the Greeks got it right, sometimes the Romans did. Most of the Olympians basically went by two different names (Apollo being the exception) during their time on Earth, but go by the name they prefer now.

Please keep in mind that I am creating my own fiction surrounding these characters for the purposes of this story. It's not always going to be in line with our real-world mythology.

As for 'Hades', that is both the Greek name for the god of the underworld ('Pluto', to the Romans and in this story) as well as the name of the underworld realm he resides (basically Hell). And if you want to get real technical, the Greeks were actually the first one to refer to the god as 'Plouton', to avoid the confusion of having the god be the same name as his realm - you can look it up.

ZhousterZhousterover 9 years ago
Wut

Argh the cliffhangers

I guess Penny has a right to be upset at Travis and Jordan, but it's a little hypocritical of her to be like that when she was getting fucked in an alternate dimension, yeah? Hope Travis and Penny find a way back together, though I don't see a way it happens without people getting hurt

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

You ruined this and am certain you will ruin Miley and Charlie too. You should have quit while the stories,were good. This one went south fast.

You seem intent on destroying rather than creating. Your characters,change spots and are no longer true to who they are, or were. Sad

I just hope I'm wrong with M&C.

But I doubt it.

sorry fh1, but you lost it.

CrimsonMonkCrimsonMonkover 9 years ago
Keep going!

Regardless of your critics, keep going! This story is yours, and unique. Write and finish it as you see fit. Even if it is painful to see people making rash, emotional decisions, this is part of what makes people human, and characters believeable. I definitely want to see this to it's conclusion!

mazeratimazeratiover 9 years ago
Talk about a nosedive

From 4.8 to 3.8, that should say something about where this story shouldn't go in the next chapter.

I liked the first few chapters along with everyone else, but was becoming disenchanted as the plot to me got unhinged for lack of a better word.

MG screwing Apollo for me was a turn off the way Apollo is written as a piece of scum when it comes the opposite sex. MG acted more like a call-girl than the naive superhero you portrayed her as. The sex scene for them was not erotic simply because of who they are. If that scene was in another story it would have been hotter than hades, no pun intended, but for this story it was trashy.

Sadly I am not liking the way you portray the Gods, nor am I liking your mortals.

Normally I really like your stuff FH, but whats happening here, and what will probably occur with Miley and Charlie ain't pretty. I echo what some have written, you may have lost touch with your characters roots.

But what do I know? Probably nothing, but I do know what I like, and at this moment these stories are not. I honestly hope you have some good tricks up your sleeve and prove me wrong because your skills are good.

Maz

Ladd_RussoLadd_Russoover 9 years ago

OK... This is just getting way out of hand... Penny is just becoming more and more unlikeable.

Following chapters to make it right: Pluto (Rapture's unnamed boss) takes over Travis body after Jordan dumps him too (to try and make up with Penny). Travis becomes basically the main antagonist of the story. Apollo wants him dead no matter what. Penny wants to save him. Something something something dark side. Something something something complete. Penny drives out Pluto, Travis is saved, Apollo dead and/or douche-revealed, Penny and Travis gets back together - happily ever after.

frozenhero1frozenhero1over 9 years agoAuthor
@mazerati

If the reason I wrote was because I wanted to get a high rating from Literotica voters, I'd concentrate my efforts on incestuous mommy stories and BDSM tales. I can assure you that number is almost meaningless to me. What I appreciate far more is the feedback, comments, and interaction I get from a lot of readers like you.

I appreciate your comment and criticism. I hope you stick around for the long haul that this story will be, but I'll understand if it's not your cup of tea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Damn it!

Damn you Miley Cyrus!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
sex and super heroes

I personally thought it was gonna be a Travis MG story... but oh well.

I strongly dislike all the comic-technical conversation but here I go. If MG is indestructible it takes something special to hurt/cut her I.e. the bow. So this kinda gives Travis a special title (assuming she was a virgin) cuz it had to be something "magical" to pop her cherry. Which by the way there needs to be more super heroes with an all-penetrating-unstoppable-hymen-shattering-penis. (I posted this just so I can write that last part)

That being said I enjoy all your material.

B&G is by far the best story I've read to date.

magikman233magikman233over 9 years ago
i dunno

this isn't quite like your other stories in terms of content,but i will say this,it's starting off rocky and hard for travis and penny,but your other stories show one thing,at least in my eyes,sometimes you have to break up to realize how great you were together,i think travis and penny will end up back in each others arms after a time,i hope so anyways

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
down hill?

Maybe its just me, but is the story kinda getting worse? I mean when I read beauty and the geek I was hooked after the first five chapters. This one starts out good but is slowly getting worse. Since Travis was sidelined even though he was the most relatable person since he was just a normal guy, and I thought the point of the story was how it would be like to date a superhero from the point of view of a normal guy. But now we have Apollo who talks like he forgot to keep up with the world around him. I understand if the other gods talk in old English, they supposedly haven't been to earth in a long time, but Apollo has been in earth the whole time. Another thing, judging by the way he acts, Apollo sounds more like Ares to me. Isn't Apollo supposed to be the god of music and medicine or something? I mean he was the father of the muses after all. Just a little rant there. Bottom line, no idea where the story is going and I hope it gets better eventually.

DarthpimpDarthpimpover 9 years ago
Interesting, but uncomfortable

I really like the basic premise of this story, and the style you write in with your particular structuring makes for a usually enjoyable read. I have a few issues with how the story is progressing at the moment, but I'm sure you have your reasons for it and am willing to wait and see.

I really find myself disappointed by Penelope/Mega-girl right now. She specifically went after Travis as Penelope despite knowing he was interested in MG, because she wanted someone who loved her, not MG. Yet at the first sign of trouble with him, due entirely to him feeling betrayed by her, for coming on to him as both her personas and forcing a choice, she splits. She literally jumps in bed with someone who not only tried to kill her around a week past, but who is also interested in her only because of her powers, and has shown no interest in trying to get to know her.

Travis on the other hand has fallen to the oldest male weakness, a beautiful girl, in a moment of danger. Then responded as any man in an uncertain mental state would when said beautiful girl showed renewed interest. The fact that he showed up at Penelope and Jordans' unit the day after she left, specifically because he was unsure of his continued feelings for her, and wanted to apologise, showed that there was still the possibility of the two of them getting back together.

I understand you have your reasons for these plot points, and am looking forward to the continuation of this story, with more than a little trepidation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Please keep your mythological names consistent. Either use the Roman names or the Greek names; don't mix them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Uncertain but hopeful

I'll be honest. I skipped all of the sex between MG and Apollo. Just don't like the thought of it but still liking the story so keep going.

DazbootDazbootalmost 9 years ago

No interest whatsoever in sex between Apollo and MG . Like others, skipped right over it. Having either the man or woman in the relationship being a normal person is what made the interaction interesting. It has nothing at all to do with specific genders like your feminazi commentator is trying to turn this debate into. You had a great starting idea between MG and Travis and unequivocally ruined it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wtf

Even is this story? Not up to your usual standards.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So Penny sorry mega girl fucks someone else after the break up and is pissed that her ex hooked up with someone else too after she did sorry that’s just crap

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Kinda hoping MG and Apollo die...

Redneck_390Redneck_390over 1 year ago

Wow, Penny's level of hypocrisy is staggering. Kinda disgusted with her character.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous