All Comments on 'How to Date a Superhero Ch. 12'

by frozenhero1

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Captain Darkness

I like how you worked in Captain Darkness from you're Beauty and the Geek stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Self Defense

Again, the story went as I expected. Mega-Girl did what she had to do, even if it was a bit harsh. Decisions are made during battle all the time that can have repercussions afterward, but they are decisions that have to be made and one can only stand by them. In Mega-Girl's case it is taking responsibility for her actions which is the mature, adult thing to do. The biggest problem in our world today is people in high places blaming others when the decisions they made on their own don't pan out the way they were planned. In my own country it means one political party blaming the other for all our nation's ills. We live in a "pass the buck" culture and, frankly, I'm fed up with it. But be that as it may...

So what happens now? Evidently Penny's "killer" is going to try to get rid of her once again to salvage his reputation. Jordan is presently living at Apollo's, but I hope it doesn't mean another love triangle in the offing. And, please do not relegate Travis to a do-nothing role; I relate to him more closely than any of the other characters (with the exception of Jordan, perhaps) because he is the most human. You have to maintain some kind of down-to-earth balance with all the Meta-humans running around. But that's just my opinion, I've been wrong before. Until next time...

Roger.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Please don't make Apollo cheat on Penny again

Especially not with Jordan. The Apollo and Artemis thing already leaves a bad taste in my mouth; it would be a total turn off if he did it again. In fact, that moment still casts him in a negative light for me and it hasn't really changed even when he went into the underworld to save her. Maybe it's because you played the love triangle card more than once in the story. The first one between Penny, Travis, and Jordan was fine. The seemingly good guy Apollo giving into his incestual past times? Not so much.

At this point, it kind of feels like you're stretching the story out. I honestly thought it would've ended at the part where they defeated Hades. On the other hand, perhaps it was something you planned all along.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Measure of a hero's greatness is the trials they overcome

A great line from the movie Jeremiah Johnson is "Amongst lnjuns... a tribe's greatness is figured on how mighty its enemies be" as the Indians keep trying to kill him while also maintain a shrine to him. He has defeated all of their best warriors and has reached the status of a god, because he is a worthy opponent. To make Mega Girl a great hero, she needs villains who test her character (inner strength) as well as her outer strength. That is what will keep the her story and of the supporting characters worth reading. Looking forward to the next installment! :--)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
self defence

Despite the fact that Mega Girl is the heroine of the story she still should go to jail. She tortured Death stalker with the fear of death and then executed him.Death stalker couldn't fight, escape or hurt any other person so as a law enforcement officer she have arrested him and taken him to jail. Only Judge Dread or Punisher believe that its OK to do this.

Having said all that I really enjoy the story and would probably done the same thing, my point is she should feel guilty because she is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I'm a big fan of how 'human' this story has managed to stay throughout and everything about this story is pretty enjoyable. Having said that I'm really not a big fan of the Apollo/Penny ship that's going on. It's kind of boring (yes, sex between superheros is kind of hot) but I'm kind of failing to see the reference between your story title and what's actually going on. I mean... Travis only really got with MG for barely a chapter and a bit and then the rest of the story has been about unresolved feelings and not actually being together, which is kind of disappointing for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I can see why the death of an assassin that promised to continue to attempt at the lives of not just the hero, but of everyone around the hero, would be swept under the rug.

I don't really see a point in Travis being in the story. He's not the love interest. He's not the inspiration. He's not the backup. He's not the damsel in distress. He doesn't have any impact at all. You could completely remove the character after the breakup and nothing would change. It's like you started writing a 'date a superhero' fantasy like the title said, and switched midstream to 'be a superhero'.

frozenhero1frozenhero1over 8 years agoAuthor
@ Anonymous

I agree with you completely. This story does not match its title, which is something I will be rectifying with the next chapter when I re-brand this story as 'The Adventures of Mega-Girl'. When I started this story I intended for Mega-Girl's dating activities to be more diverse, but that took a backseat when I decided on a slower, more action-orientated approach to this series.

I'm not done writing about Mega-Girl's dating life, far from it, but the title has misled readers long enough.

Thanks for your input.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good Story

Okay,

Apollo "marched into hell and back" so I guess he deserves her. Would like to know more about who she is and where she came from. Why did she derive power from Hades? Is she the daughter of Satan or something?

Good Story

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Title

Why in the world did you use that title.

It was all but irrelevant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
whoa...

I'm really glad I stopped at chapter 3, because I thought it would be about MG and Travis Adams. Since it's not, I'm abandoning further reading, sorry about it. I have seen authors, who could not control their stories ant this is just the case.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hmmmmm.

You should rename this series Dumbass the Super Slut.as far as I can tell the key to dating a super heroine is to dump her and watch as she goes off to fuck the guy who tryed to kill her.repeatedly.then date her best friend instead.so really he's not dating a super heroine at all he's just in love with one while she's off fucking ...again...the guy that tried to kill her.and dating her best friend .who knows she's second choice but dates him anyway.i can see why this series never finished.just saying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Title...

Really? I feel like shit for reading so much of this. Was holding on for the "eventual" reunion between Travis and MG. Was convinced it was nigh when Jordan died and Apollo slept with Artemis.

I'm not usually nasty in my reviews, but this title was a completely dick move on the part of the author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
uhhhhhhhh i loved the.plot but you cant leave us hangin like this

uhhhhhhhh i loved the.plot but you cant leave us hangin like this

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Suckage

A story where the Golden boy (Apollo) gets the girl instead of the Geek

GelobGelobabout 3 years ago

Good story overall.

Personally, I got baited in by the title where I thought the story would revolve around MG and Travis and since that quickly came to an end and after forcing myself to finish I'll give the whole story 3/5.

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

No ending??!! No explanation as to MG's father??!! A real let down...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, what a terrible story, I should have stopped at chapter 3.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That's it ?????? No more ? Geez, thanks a lot for nothing ! I read this story from start to finish nonstop and during halfway through, captivated and thought this should be a well illustrated comic, and now find out there is no more !!!!

This SUCKS !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous