Hunt for Love Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Walking into the lobby he is greeted by the thick smell of mold and cigar smoke. The old man behind the counter looks up at him saying nothing.

Dak regards him stepping closer to the counter top. " I need a room for the night." he says pulling a wad of cash from one of the zippered pocket of his jacket. The clerk nods as he takes a key from the wall.

"That'll be forty dollars son" the older man grumbles.

He tosses the bills on the counter as he takes the key nodding his thanks. The room key says five on it. He looks down the single row of doors to the right of the front door noting that five happens to be the last door on the right. He walks silently to the very last green door an slides the key in the door. He flicks on the light switch and sees a double bed with an old burgundy bedspread on it that looks as if its seen better days. There are a few holes in it and you can plainly see its been mended a time or two. Next to the bed is a single night stand with a little rickety lamp perched atop it. The lamp is simply ugly.

A dark, drab mix of colors what look like they were once pieces of something else that someone threw in the trash. Its been broken a time or two an like the bedspread has been put back together at least once given the odd globs of once dripping glue along the sides of it.

He props the door open with the little piece of wood he finds laying next to the door jam assuming its suppose to be the door stop, heading back out to his bike. He leans it to the left an puts the kickstand up then rolls it up to the door. He looks at the tiny door way an with a bit of a hard shove an a little bit of finagling he gets the bike inside the tiny room. It doesn't leave much room for moving around but it doesn't block the TV either. Settling down against the headboard, he looks back on the days events an wonders what tomorrow may bring. At he thinks quietly to himself he listens to the lack of noise outside. It bothers him to hear nothing so he turns on the for a little noise to help him try to sleep.

Anya returns to the rendezvous point she an Mato were to meet at.

" So is it done?" Mato inquires smugly.

"What do you think?.... Yes its done. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't now would I? You really should know me better then that now Mato. I have to wonder if u have faith in my skills or not. But yes, its done the Alpha is dead." she gives him a hard sly smile.

" Good. Now one question remains. Where is my brother? No where near I hope."

She looks at him then rolls her eyes.

"Yes Dak is safe. I also put a tracker on his bike in case you wanted to know his exact location until I go and retrieve him from where ever he may be once everything calms down around here. See I took care of everything. Oh an there was a suicide note left for the pack to find. It is simple to believe an has his prints all over it so it wont be questioned. The knife is no where to be found as its with me. He wasn't able to heal due to the magic I used. There wont be any coming back for him."

Mato nods as he sits down beside the now warm glow of the fire.

" Anya, I have something to ask of you." he says with a subtly hint of lust in his voice.

She sets herself on the other side of the fire watching him waiting for him to continue. She regards him a while as he says nothing. Noticing a few of his features that she finds handsome. His eyes are alluring to her yet spell danger. His massive frame reminds her of being protected an his hands are of someone who has spent many hours doing hard labor while his skin with the bronze sheen tells of his many hours spent in the sun. She finds herself blushing at the thought of being in his arms an instantly gets angry for even thinking such things are possible.

"I'm a killer, not meant to be with anyone! Get a hold of your self girl. That man would mean admitting that you have a heart an just might care about someone an you know that just isn't acceptable."

"What do you want to ask Mato?" she gives him a hard look trying to hide the internal battle

" Why do you try an act so hard around me? Like I cant see that you have a soft side in you somewhere? Is it even possible for you to fathom that someone might care for you or even have feelings for you?"

She looks at him then looks away still keeping that hard look to her eyes. She thinks for a moment.

"Mato....I...Look I haven't been able to trust anyone for a very very long time. Do you understand that? Do you understand what it would mean for me to actually fully trust you or any one for that matter?"

He just looked at her not saying another word. Sitting there for a bit longer Anya begins to fidget. Getting more uneasy by the minute.

"I gotta go. Have things to attend to. You know how to reach me if you need to do so."

With a flick of her tail she was gone into her wolf form and away from him. Mato sighed knowing there was nothing more to be said for now. He curled up beside the warmth of the fire deciding that he really should be hibernating.

As the sun began to rise, Dak found himself startled awake once more from the wonderful yet torturous re-occurring dream that has haunted him for weeks. Raising his head he looks around the still shabby little room. Getting up he stretches and heads for the bathroom for a quick shower before he hits the road again.

He unwedge his bike from inside the room an parks it in the gravel. Leaving the room with what few things he had with him he returns the key to the front desk thanking the old man for the room. Walking out the front glass doors he steps into the bright morning sun. Taking a deep breath of fresh chilled morning air he gets on his bike starting the engine with a loud rumble.

He looks off to the left then right of the road trying to decide which way he wanted to go next. He lets out a loud sigh deciding to head north. He rides threw the lush countryside passing open plots of green fields. Here an there he can see the cattle lazily grazing in the mid morning sun. He comes to a little town so small that it doesn't even have a zip code let alone a dot on the map. The sign in front of the gas station says welcome to New Nevaeh. There is nothing more then a gas station a diner an a little grocery store in this little place. The thought of food makes his stomach grumble with hunger. Realizing he hasn't eaten in quite some time he decides to try the diner. The food there cant be any worse then having to catch his own meal.

As he enters the little diner the bells on the door announce his arrival. All the patrons turn an look at him giving him the dreaded you don't belong here stare. Taking a seat at the bar he removes his jacket an sunglasses. He catches a sweet smell in the air that instantly has him on edge. Its a soft smell of lilac an honey. His wolf howls at him giddy with happiness. Shaking his head to quite the rumbling, he notices the smell getting stronger. Looking up he sees the most beautiful creature in the world. Her back is turned to him but he sees long waist length blond hair hung lose in a pony tail stands before him. She has gentle feminine curves to her unlike any he has ever seen. She finally turns to look at him an her piercing blue eyes shoot straight threw him to his groin. They remind him of the clearest blue pools of water that anyone has ever seen. He looks deep into them causing her breath to catch. He gets a glimpse of her name tag as she stares back at him, Ayslynn then she turns abruptly heading for the kitchen and away from his penetrating stare.

Ayslynn Mara Johnson has lived in New Nevaeh all her life an never once had she ever seen a man like that. His eyes were magnificent almost like he was looking into the depths of her soul as he looked at her. She shook her head trying to get the image of him out of her mind. She yells to her boss she is taking her break as she heads out the back for some fresh air. She pulls a pack of smokes from her pocket, pulls one out, lights it then takes a long drag of it, inhaling deeply. Sitting down on the concrete bench she leans against the building. Closing her eyes she looks back on what has been the majority of her life. At the tender age of two she was adopted into a loving family. The only thing she knows of her biological parents is that they were killed in a car wreck after rolling down a cliff in the mountains of California. She was in the car that fate full night. No one knew how she survived but she did. Having no other family she was put up for adoption a few short months later.

Her adopted parents are so wonderful. They have given her everything she has ever wanted out of life. She had learned how to trust her instincts an rely upon herself. She has found solace in her animals and being alone. Never has anyone made her feel the tingling feelings as that stranger inside just did. It is as if something deeper was calling to her. She shakes off the feeling as she finishes up her smoke an goes back inside. She fights off the urge to go out into the front an see him again.

Ayslynn's shift at the diner was finally over, none too soon in her opinion. Deciding to just head home for the remainder of the day instead of working her usual over time, she climbed into her classic Volkswagen, turned up her stereo and headed for home. The drive home usually takes about twenty minutes but after the startling feelings she had today she needed a bit of a longer drive and decided to take the long way home. Having grown up on these roads she knew them well. Every twist an turn, every rough and slick spot on the road. She needed an adrenaline rush bad.

Needed something to just make her heart race so she planted the accelerator to the floor an began racing down the road almost sliding around the curves. She makes the tires chirp an screech as her speed increases. Her heart is racing, her eyes dart fast from side to side, watching her mirrors. She has done this so many times she has lost count an yet the thrill of it never ceases. The last two miles of the road from her house is nothing but switch backs. Left, right, left, right, the car barely holding the tight turns. Half way threw something doesn't feel right. She gets that panicking feeling in her stomach.

Next thing she knows her car is spinning out of control she tries to hold onto it but fails an hits the rock wall to her right at a mind boggling sixty-five miles an hour. Her body tenses up an she screams, unbeknownst to her there is only one person who heard it. As she sits there stunned, shaking uncontrollably as her head begins pounding from the severe wound near her temple.. she hears something in the distance but cant place the sound. Her head is pounding harder and harder as she tries to concentrate. she closes her eyes trying to ease the pain for only a moment and passes out seconds later.

Dakota heard the tires screeching an chirping and followed the sound. He took his time until he heard the crunching of metal and the shattering of glass. His heart began racing at the thought of the mess he may find. He comes around a corner an finds the crumpled remains of a classic blue Volkswagen beetle. His nose is hit with that now familiar scent of the woman who made his blood boil with desire the moment he laid his eyes upon her.

Jumping off his bike in a rush, he almost forgot to put the kickstand down an all but dropped the bike onto the pavement. Rushing to the twisted metal that was once a car, he hears a soft whimpering. His heart almost stops at the sight of her. Her face is covered with blood, glass is everywhere, and there are more cuts and bruises then he can possibility count along her arms and hands that still grip the wheel. He growls and tears the door clean off the car throwing it out of the way. Using his claws gently, he rips the seat belt apart effortlessly, careful not to harm her any further. Careful not to jar her at all, he pulls her from the remains of the car. Looking around he surveys his options trying to decide what to do. He lays her down ever so gently only long enough to take out his satellite phone to call for help. He dials 911 and explains whats happened and his location.

Apparently the operator knew the road well an assured him someone will be there in minutes. Gently he sits down on the ground an lays her head in his lap and caresses the hair out of her face. She begins to stir, her eyes barley opening trying to move. He shushes her softly telling her to stay still that help is on its way.

Ayslynn woke up hearing the steady beeping of machines. Cracking her eyes open slightly she surveys her surroundings. There is a little lamp on across the room giving her enough light to see but not hurt her eyes. Opening them further she looks around. Realization hits her and her heart begins to race. She tries to move an pain shoots threw her entire body she yells out for help and hears someone running towards her.

"Mrs Johnson, Please lie still."

Ayslynn looks up at the pretty young nurse that's speaking to her

with a hoarse throat she tries to talk

" Water please..."

Nodding silently the nurse brings her a cool cup of water and a straw for her to drink.

Ayslynn drinks very deeply letting out a soft sigh as she finishes.

"What happened? What day is it? Where are my parents?"

The nurse smiles at her as she takes her vitals an begins explaining to her why she's in the hospital.

"Mrs Johnson, you were in an accident. A very bad accident. There was a man that found you and got you out of your car. As for your parents they have been here with you for the last five days keeping visual over you. We sent them home a few hours ago to get some sleep since you are stable. Your mother said she would be back before visiting hours are over."

Nodding she looks towards the window then back at the nurse.

"Does anyone know who the man was that saved me?"

The nurse smiles at her sweetly

"He didn't leave his name or anything I'm sorry"

The nurse walks out leaving Ayslynn to her own thoughts. She closes her eyes once more trying to rest an slips off into sleep once again.

-------------------------------------------------

to be continued...

12