All Comments on 'Hurricane Season'

by carrteun

Sort by:
  • 72 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Definite 5!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Please continue with this story.

YarikBYarikBover 1 year ago

I also enjoyed the story! Great job!

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 1 year ago

Great story,thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really great story, would love a sequel to it but feta cheese and scallions with tuna?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I loved the story. Just enough Whoopie, good plot line and enough of the other characters to keep the interest level up. Also the banter between Paul and his sister-in-law was awesome. Well done! Please consider writing a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

DON'T write a sequel; this story is perfect just as it is! 5-stars +++

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

It's a five, I adore the elements. All of it. Sweet characters, who make you like them. Happiness aplenty. Good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pretty good, pretty neat. Not bad at all. I can see a follow-up where Paul (and maybe Siouxsie) gets it on with a red-haired Joanie, can't you? Hmmm? :)

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 1 year ago

Great story very well plotted. Would love a sequel if you can find one.

Cheers

SAGE

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

I normally don't hand out 5* to incomplete stories, but this one is so well done I'm breaking my own rule. I agree 100% with others, PLEASE consider finishing the tale! 5*

daiblo598daiblo598over 1 year ago

This was a fantastic story and hope to see more of these two.

Texican1830Texican1830over 1 year ago

Truly excellent! Thanks!!!

LudvigBlomSELudvigBlomSEover 1 year ago

A lovely story!! The ending left us a little bit short s concluding chapter would be nice ;-)

clearcreekclearcreekover 1 year ago

I will be looking for part 2 soon. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She was a little psycho at first, but the story developed nicely. Well done.

dudley_tundishdudley_tundishover 1 year ago

Nicely done. Characters were well rounded. Certainly didn't strain the plausibility meter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done. I think it needs to be continued.

Nanashi77Nanashi77over 1 year ago

Like many others have said, we need a part 2 of this tale, telling us about how time at Cornell went for Paul and Susan 😉

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

Wow! very nice story.

I give you 5⭐ very well deserved.

Your characters are absolutely delightful with a special mention to Joanie and Siouxsie who are natural, kind, loving, and very in love.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 1 year ago

Delightful story from beginning to end. It's the kind of story that plays on Hallmark Channel--minus the sex, of course. Good luck in the contest.

Ada StuartAda Stuartover 1 year ago

So sweet and beautifully written. Thank you so much :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well done, and highly enjoyable. Do hope you do a Part II. Superb, 5*+. Thank-you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Congratulation. very very nice story.

Thanks.

As said in other reviews, a sequel would be great.

The development and evolution of the transition from a teenage love affair to a fully grown relationship.

And please keep Siouxsie and Joanie's irreverent but perfectly loving and loyal behaviors and attitudes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hello Carrteun,

Have you written a story about Joanie and Mark?

Their couple seems to be wonderful.

And the slow evolution of Joanie, from a very shy girl brought up under a fairly present religion to an outgoing, confident, irreverent wife but always having great kindness and a great love for her in-laws could be the subject of a fabulous story.

VaguewriterVaguewriterover 1 year ago

I've read just about every story in the contest. Yours is the only one I've given a five to. I loved the character development. Making the characters rounded and plausible adds so much to the narrative. Your conversations between characters was lively and moved the plot along. You managed a light tone while touching on some weighty issues. I am impressed.

DINGDONG33DINGDONG33over 1 year ago

Great story and very well written loved the cast of different characters and how you had them interact with each other. True to life and true family life. Keep up the great story and good writing would like to see how life continues back at home with brother and wife as well as at school.

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

I agree with all the previous favourable comments. This love story could be continued through college, marriage, children and into old age. Well done!

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

This should be made into a movie. Great characters and fun setting with even the secondary characters more than interesting and worthy of stories of their own. Good development and plenty of erotic interest. Well done indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’m sorry but I must disagree with those who have posted before me. Several issues of varying concern: Several typos. Mistakes with pronoun use. Her character didn’t ring true, cold at first and then suddenly using her vibrator while talking to him on the phone. The whole story seemed nothing more than a series of vignettes with no common theme or issue to overcome. The guy was a jerk for not telling her of his law school plans. You don’t treat someone you care for/ love that way. Speaking of love, there didn’t seem to be much of that here. This was more of an erotic coupling story than a romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Want more!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting story…with engaging characters. I thought it was a fine ending as is, though I could see a sequel as a possibility. There were only modest errors throughout…nothing too distracting. But I do wonder about Siouxsie’s legs: “There was nothing I could say about her legs except that no woman alive be happy to have them.” Ouch!

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

A very nice story. Thanks for writing I hope to read more from you

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

A few typos, etc that should have been picked up and corrected but not a major detraction from the story. Thought he was being unfair in not telling her that he too was going to Cornell especially as she was so concerned about it simply being a holiday affair. Joanne was a hoot.

pcman1950pcman1950over 1 year ago

Made me wish this 72 y/o was fifty years younger & in the SUV with Siouxsie. And bollocks to the folks who need to point out the typos. Yes, I chafe when grammar, spelling & syntax are foreign to the writer but, come on, this is not a PPV (or pay per read) site. Get over yourselves and enjoy the imaginations & creativity of writers who are willing to put themselves out here for our titillation and enjoyment. 5 stars & a fave.

Davester37Davester37over 1 year ago

A fun story, well told with believable, likable characters. Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

Mike9947Mike9947over 1 year ago

Brilliant - young love as it should be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very glad to see this one win a prize!

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

I loved the story, but the ending was a bit hokey. There should have been a great deal more angst at the thought of going to different schools. But overall, well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I hope there's a part two at college!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well written, and perfectly balanced. I like that the author didn’t spend any effort trying to describe an enormous dick or immature porn fantasies. Definitely worthy of the award!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent writing. Nice build up. Every aspect of the story in the right proportion. Very well written.

Rainyday493Rainyday493over 1 year ago

Fantastic story, sex parts not bad either 😉

cknthisoutcknthisoutover 1 year ago

I enjoyed learning about the characters. I could feel what they felt. I liked that there was enough of a backstory to include the additional background characters. Overall I felt it was a delightful read and would enjoy hearing more about Paul and Siouxie as well as Mark and Joanie. Thanks for such a fun time. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really enjoyed the stroy. Would love to see a sequel

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Outstanding, obvious why it won the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a beautiful romance, not a bawdy tale. Well-written, with fabulous characters, and genuine good story-telling. Of course it's a fantasy sexually, but also in terms of a real loving relationship, one anyone would relish. Please write novels and publish them. You are officially my favorite author based on this story. I have tears of joy for them both!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have to agree "Please write novels and publish them. You are officially my favorite author based on this story."

I think that you are wasted if you are not writing full time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent. Sequel!!! Second semester she should move in with Paul. Characters are superb. There's at least 2 more stories with them.

redbaron172redbaron172over 1 year ago

AWESOME!!! Need a 2nd chapter and 3rd!!!! Good Job!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Major problem with the golf part of the story. If a ball on the green is hit by a ball played from off the green, the ball that was struck is not played from where it is after the impact, but is replaced as close as possible to its original position. Details matter

nighthawk22204nighthawk22204about 1 year ago

Wonderful story, very well written. Totally forgivable for a few typos in pushing a deadline to deliver a contest entry. What is too gross is dumping that eggplant parmigiana on the table. YUCK!!! I far prefer the tuna, scallion and feta any day, preferably with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

Slainte_mhaithSlainte_mhaithabout 1 year ago

I'll give you a 5, despite the golf gaffe.

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallabout 1 year ago

Loved it, but I could have lingered over the end for another page or two, but then again I pretty much say that about all the stories I'm reluctant to let go.

jmcharl1jmcharl1about 1 year ago

I very much enjoyed it 😊. But, I too would have liked another page or two to flesh out the ending a bit more. A 2nd chapter would be amazing if your up for it.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

The whole vibrator scene early on came from out of nowhere and didn’t match her personality up to that point.

xtrail65xtrail6510 months ago

Truly heartwarming story. Very well written very romantic

DenaliFXDenaliFX10 months ago

Excellent story espeially the way you have drawn the women and their part in the development of the male charaters. Ony Sharon doesn't stand out as much, but 3 creative women characters take over so much of the story's development. You really have a winner here. Joanie has set up the future and Souxiese (help !) has so much left in her tank too. Please give us some more.

nomoreactingnomoreacting10 months ago

I normally only read lesbian stuff, but this story is amazing. I really like how you explain the little things. It really brings depth to this story. Will reread for sure.

olddave51olddave519 months ago

I can not believe that it's taking me a year to find the story!

This story is fantastic. It brought this old man memories of my own college days and romances I had. The intimate descriptions you gave brought me back to younger days and a passion I felt then, please, please, please write more of the story! It's been a year, but you still need to write a sequel of some kind for this.

Back in the late 1960s I spent a week an Ithaca college at a high school music camp and one day was spent touring Cornell. I still remember the view from the high-rise dorms, looking out upon the town, and that long "finger" of a Lake. First time I have ever wanted to give 10+ stars to any story. I will be reading more of your work.

On a humorous note Siouxsie would be really pissed if she could hear how my computer pronounces her name when I have it on speech.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

FIVE STARS! I love the characters and the way you make them real for us.

One bit of feedback. Somehow all the build up done, the foreshadowing throughout around his "secret" admission to Cornell Law, just didn't really seem justified in the final scenes. It's a let down, given all the effort you put into it, which the readers then invest their time in absorbing. Just my take - hope it has some value to you.

Above all, thanks again for a terrific story! And where is the follow up? It's over a year now, and nothing else has been posted, whether new stuff or follow up!

Mike9947Mike99478 months ago

Ok

A 5

But one of the things you need to try is to edit out at least 1/3

The bits that dont develop the story 1/3

Then to really hit the big time

Cut some more

Read the top stories

They are not larded with unnecessary fluff

What i just suggested is not that write a stroker

Write a tight story.

Good luck

Hutch52Hutch527 months ago

Great story, fun read.

kaotic2kaotic25 months ago

This was amazing. Thank you for writing it.

HassieHassie5 months ago

Thanks enjoyed it immensely. Great story, great characters!

FandeborisFandeboris4 months ago

I think this one is one of your better ones. I noticed you have your characters interact than most. It seems the characters really think a lot of each other. And are willing to show it.

5 stars

Take care

Walker0307Walker03074 months ago

Your stories are worthy of 5 stars. This story was really well done. Please tell us what happened at Cornell as well!

xtrail65xtrail653 months ago

Such a great story, I’m glad I found it again.

GoodOldLovingGoodOldLoving2 months ago

Great story, but you should pay attention to repeating words. The first three paragraphs are borderline annoying to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Well done! A true romance, clearly headed to a wonderful life together.....if you write it! :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercarrteun@carrteun
9/19/2023 It has been over a year since I last posted something. I have a story almost ready for Halloween, the first time I've tried to construct a story for that holiday. Just a section of rewrite and a final editing check before it's done. It will be ready in time for the H...