All Comments on 'I Am Jack's Life Ch. 10'

by Finis

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
FinisFinisabout 9 years agoAuthor
I know it's short

Sorry, once again, the chapters were formated to make sense in a novel, not on lit pages.

I know it's short! :D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Sorry to be so narrow minded, but you just validated bullying as a neat thing.

Do you know how many kids are going to get thrown into dumpsters by guys who want to be acknowledged just like Todd was in a graduation speech? Unbelievable.

And, "The building erupted"? Really? You have to know every Valedictorian is an ass kissing suck up. There's a rule somewhere. I'm glad you want your hero to be well liked and respected by his class mates, but erupting buildings in his honor just sounded kind of forced, exaggerated. Silly. Sorry, again, but this story is reading like it was written by Jack, when he was 16. Especially considering the graduation speech ended up being, all about him. Egocentric much? And it really makes sense the jealous clinging possessive Kimmy loved that his speech, when not focused on Jack, was focused on Beth. Seems he gave tribute to the girl who acknowledged his academic talents, and ignored the girl who introduced him to love, romance, and sexuality. I understand you need him to be in love with Beth for your plot, but you are making him be an ungrateful prick toward Kimmy. Especially when you bring his feelings for Anna into the mix. I think I'm starting to like Todd more than Jack. I hope you fix that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Awesome

Beautiful, and classic! God, so true to life as I knew it that I cannot get over it so far. I suppose that publishers had their reasons, to much over sex or the like, but this story so far is the real mc coy

For this reader, five stars is not enough, it is in a class by itself

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
A key part of a senior year is missing

especially for the Valedictorian. To which universities did he apply? By whom was he accepted? and what did he factor in as he decided which one to accept?

Surely that will have a profound impact on his long term relationships and his career decisions. This process usually gets underway during the Junior year.

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
Beautifully done

I wish that I had thought of talking about my classmates rather than our teachers.

Right Bank has it right, the search for universities is very important for students like Jack and Abby. One thing that was clear to me was none of his friends will accompany him to the next level and for someone with his qualifications get strongly connected togirls can be a bad idea. Normally these relationships last only during the first year of college.

FinisFinisabout 9 years agoAuthor
Missing details.

You guys are right, The original draft has a scene where he's looking through college brochures, trying to decide where to apply, agonizing over leaving Kimmy and his friends, and wondering what the heck to do. It got cut because the whole thing read like college advertisments amidst Jack being indecisive. I decided I already had enough of jack being waffly. I cover his choice of college's pretty clearly in the next couple of chapters, so I removed the whole scene for space.

Sometimes scenes get cut and you wonder after if it was the right choice.

Ultimately I could have filled the book with tiny details of Jack's day to day life, or other minor plot areas. When I was doing revisions I made the choice to cut everything that wasn't focused on his emotional state of mind or his relationships with the girls. It made the book more focused, but some stuff, like the important life stage of choosing a college, get left behind, and perhaps the continuity of the story suffers slightly for it.

But you're right, it is missing. Because it got left on the cutting room floor :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Simply Incredible. Fantastic build to this point and by God I can totally understand how some memories are So Sharp and yet others - well, there just isn't anything there - and that's without the alcohol! :D

You could almost end the fic there and (aside from Ch 00) have a genuinely excellent story.

Given both Ch 00 and your talent, I'm sure I'm going to be glad you didn't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One of the worst garbage to date !!

Mindless, talentless shit excreted by a psychopath !!! "1*" of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow

I cannot explain to you how much I LOVE this story. This is so amazing like I’m absolutely speechless

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That's EXACTLY what it's like to give a heartfelt speech, and be overwhelmed by the feelings while you're doing it. I wish mine hadn't been at a child's funeral. I'm glad I remember so little else of that day. I guess I'll wait a while before going on to the next chapter.

poopybrodypoopybrody7 months ago

Excellent writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinis@Finis
The eBook version of Jack's Life can be found on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T1XMHKS Of course, please feel free to read it for free on Literotica, there is no difference between them, no different endings, no new scenes.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES