All Comments on 'I Lost My Best Friend'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 156 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

Casbo38 - There must be a problem with your thinking, there is NOTHING the wife could have said that would have made things better. The story and probably the marriage ARE finished. Thanks Slirpuff.

somewhere east of Omaha

Ocker53Ocker53about 1 month ago

Excellent short story⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 month ago
A

Good start I know it won't be finished

chasbo38chasbo384 months ago

Not sure why you wrote this story.

A wife cheating with her husbands best friend is not a new plot, in fact it is an old plot.

Since you ended it without giving the wife a chance to talk there was nothing novel in the why, where or how questions from the husband.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Needs the rest of the story to be worth reading.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Not really a complete story... Not that I wanted Steve to go all Rambo but he at least should have done something. Also naturalistic endings almost always fall short when the back story and main character development badly sucks...

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion7 months ago

I liked it. It's as good as any short story in the 750-word world, but it would be nice if Slirpuff could write a sequel and give us the rest of the story.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon9 months ago

Highbrow using the only 2 words he knows.

HighBrowHighBrow9 months ago

Femdom agitprop strikes like a bolt of lightening, all gone in a flash.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very Good story line, I would of loved a bit more continuation, but you can't have everything.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

He only care about his friend? **

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really that is it Stupid fkin stupid

skruff101skruff101about 1 year ago

Story a little too short, would have liked more.

It’s always a laugh reading the comments from the really tough macho alpha’s complaining that he didn’t go Rambo on the slut and the guy, coincidentally these are the ones who are so brave they cloak themselves in anonymity just in case they’re called out on the nonsense they spout.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a wimp!! Handled it like a man with no balls

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

1/2 of a 1/2 ass story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ez egy nyúlfarok,az is levágva...!két csillag...!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

too wimpy, guess suicide is next on hte agenda

TheRealMadtexTheRealMadtexalmost 2 years ago

4stars for a good start. If it was finished, I'm sure it would be 5stars worthy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"I felt empty and incredibly sad. How do you lose your best friend in the world and go on?"

You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on.

Of course I don't know why he didn't tell Ruth to leave and go stay with David. It his house too after all. Move into one of the spare bedrooms. He'll need time to get all of their financials papers together before he goes and sees a divorce attorney. Why waste money to pay for some place to stay when she's the one that cheated. Just ignore her and do the shit you need to do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wtf is this???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Too short. Where's the aftermath? How about some payback? Regrets?

OdessaLesOdessaLesabout 2 years ago

It’s all in your frame if mind when you find out. It’s like getting drunk; if your happy and having fun you will be a happy drunk. If your pissed off, mad, angry; you will be a mean drunk. If he was in a sad mood when he found out, he is going to be sad, depressed and yes just want to le@ve. If he was agitated/hurt and mad, then he would kick her ass out. A real pisser, his wife @nd best friend.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 2 years ago

Lower score. I hate flash stories because they just end abruptly usually at the best parts. Good stories that could be great if they were full length.

QuintiusQuintiusabout 2 years ago
The husband is always the one who leaves in these stories

It's more dramatic than saying he stayed there and told the wife SHE should leave only to have her argue with him over it. Silly plot device.

It was OK as a flash story but I prefer something with a little more meat on the bone. Too much left unsaid for my tastes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The author has it ass backwards. The slut should be the one heading away from home.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 2 years ago

why is he leaving?

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 2 years ago

so much more left in this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Either u write cuck wimp stories or u write unsatisfying ones..can’t u strike a balance ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

These type's of story upset me. The wife hooking up with the supposed "BEST FRIEND".

Well the wife and the best friend need a lesson. For the wife divorce and being treated a a pariah by the mutual friends (especially those who knew David as well)>

For David a damned good beating where he is left unable to service any woman again.

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

Short and bitter. D

RetiredsleeveRetiredsleeveover 2 years ago

Why is it the guy who always leaves?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

I read it again and I still like this story. It reads perfectly. It's intense. He builds that wall around his heart and moves forward. I have no doubt that she loves him and even his friend loves him. They separate their betrayal from their lives, but he can't and shouldn't try. Very well done.

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 2 years ago

When betrayal comes it no longer matters why, just that it happened is enough, take all you can and leave the rest behind. David should get his just do as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It is tough.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very sad. It's like someone has died. Betrayed by the one closest to you. He will have avhard time trusting women fo a long while.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

“You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on."

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 3 years ago

This really needs a chapter 2, maybe even 3. What happens to him, her, their marriage, the kids, and of course David (what if David is married?). Please do a follow-up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

No beginning, no end, barely anything in the middle.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Damn

Too short. It could have been great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Where's the end? This wasn't even 1\2 a story. Wish I could score it less than a 1.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Not a story, not even a fleshed out idea.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

More content please...

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

Still not enough.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Excellent! 5*****

So many comments from people who want to read the same story over and over again. This hit the numbers. It was a brief moment in time, captured everything, and life changes. I get it and I liked it very much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I am not a writing genius but I do know that for a flash story, something important was missing that would have made it a good read

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
What

What no payback for her or David?.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Love it...

BTB!!! Kick his ass too!!!

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Good story

I liked it. No moaning, no crying, no bullshit. Just here you are, why?, Goodbye.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Would

Would have preferred longer story,so as to know how he coped ,about the divorce and hopefully some events against David.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Re: Heartbreaking and real. Nice job

Can't say it any better myself. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Heartbreaking and real. Nice job.

To see the true nature of humanity, one just needs to read the comment sections of a website. So many cowardly, f**king dicks..

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Wasn't

There wasn't really enough to get my head around. Need more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well

Well!,where is the rest of the s Tory?.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsover 5 years ago
Now plan their demise.

Take time and be sure that your revenge gives maximum hurt to everybody involved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Woulda, Coulda Shoulda

It woulda been nice if the author had written a whole story instead of just basically a premise. I know he coulda, because I’ve seen other stuff he’s written and most of it at least has a beginning, a middle, and an ending. As far as “Shoulda”, I shouda just passed over this one instead of wasting two minutes reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Would

Would have liked a bit more,eg did he burn the slut and kick the shit out of his former best mate.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
Why walk away quietly with your tail tucked between your legs?

Burn that bitch and her lover down. Scorched Earth on their lives and let them know the full cost of what they did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It's got potential- hence 3 stars

OK- the premise is good. Strong start. Kinda weak in the middle should have "fleshed" out David- was he the best friend? Or was it the wife? What about Davids wife? (If any). Then the end was indeed weak; needed a lot more "flesh" to put in it's bones to make it "solid". Then expand it maybe into a second chapter, and maybe a 3rd. This has great potential

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not a flash story, just an incomplete one.

A flash story really is a complete story. This was just a chapter, were the husband confronts the whore. But we have no idea why she did it, for how long, was there some end game, who was the seducer, etc. Not even a dimly lit story, much less a flash.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
needs

to take more care in choosing wives and friends.

StormKing33StormKing33almost 7 years ago
Where is the Burning?

He should have burned then both down, then left.

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 7 years ago
Just a Flash story......

but better by far than many longer and krappier tales we endure these days on literotica!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Plain

And simple it wasn't him and her against the world any longer it was him and she was the rest of the world.

SampkyangSampkyangover 7 years ago
this is a 5 *

because he did the right thing and walked...

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
THE CLEANEST CLEAN-BREAK

find out the truth and then act and verify what time Greyhound leaves/ TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
We liked it - short and to the point. Although we wish a 9-iron was used to extract some retribution, it was a flash story.

Personally, the slut and so-called-best friend would have been eliminated from the gene pool as to not further contaminate the remaining wimps, sluts and want-to-be authors like Bt2/vastie. Now that idiot (Bt2/vastie) really deserves to be jettisoned out to a space vacuum (it is not like the pathetic excuse of a human being would suffer because you can damage the retarded more that nature already has).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Cry babies

I can't beleave all the negative comments.

Let's start simple, first it's a free story on a free site. Next the author at least took the effort to create something, but all you cry babies only cry about grammar or how the husbands are stupid, but the clincher Is "that couldn't happen in real life". Well duh, it's a friggen made up story!

If you cry babies are so great then why don't you write your own stories, but no you won't for that would take too much effort on your part.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

that all? not a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This it?

We don't learn why, how, what, when, or where? Normally I like Slirpuff but this was just a pathetic lazy teaser for a story. A 5 minute commercial for a 3 hour movie.

Sorry, but the thought and effort you put into this was about as minimal as you can get so as far as I'm concerned, that's what it deserves. The minimum score. I don't usually give out 1 stars but in this case it's well deserved.

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
28 Years

28 Years invested only to cheat and blow it up? Well, so what? Almost no one is truly "best friends" with their spouse, especially after 28 years of marriage, compromises, and outright subjugation. The constant struggle for control, money, love of the children is nothing if not wearing. Most people reach a point of inertia, a point where they ending a marriage is such a pain, it is easier to stay married. At that point, they may still have thoughts of fucking around but they keep them to themselves - it simply is not worth the trouble. For those stupid enough to cheat, well you are better off without them in your life.

PeteCedarPeteCedarover 8 years ago
Too short

Story needs more details.

ParttimereaderParttimereaderover 8 years ago
The old joke

My wife ran away with my best friend and I miss him

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
i lost my best friend

the story was not long enuff

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thanks for the effort.

But this was not a flash story. A flash chapter, maybe, but a story, no. Really, it was just a scene, where she learns he knows, and still tries to lie her way out of it, and then he walks away. It was something to witness as a reader, but we know too little to care about the characters. So in the end we really don't care about the story.

A puzzling last story from this author. Maybe somewhat autobiographical?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
not sure

I wanted to know what he did but then thought why. He lost both of his best friends. Even so i could only give it a 3.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Loved it

great twist at the end. Five stars.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
do you remember the song from The Sound of Music

So long,

farewell,

Auf wiedersehen,

good night

goodbye my friends. goodbye

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
LIVE AND LEARN

he just learnt she doesn't give a shit. Message received. TK U MLJ LV NV

GoodhueGoodhueover 9 years ago
Another Cunt!

He lost 2 best friends! Now they can hook up. He ends up the loser,twice!

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Their story is

over. There doesn't need to be a second part. This was just a snapshot, not a photo album. Well done.

gdjohn52gdjohn52over 9 years ago

My wife of 28 years died on Feb 02 2014. I lost my best friend that day...Waiting for the end of the story. I really enjoy your work

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Once again, Slirpuff, good start.

I eagerly await to read the rest of your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Short and to the point

After reading your flash story it reminded me of my own divorce. I felt pretty much like the guy in your story only I did not use a private dick I had all off VA beach to let me know and give me proof. After It was over all I could feel was alone without my best friend in the world.

bultaco199bultaco199over 9 years ago
Very good read.

As flash story's go this I felt was very good. As someone who reads of course I would like to see a larger more developed plot and characters. As it is it is very well done. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
NOT A STORY

Very well written little scene.

Wasted effort with out a story. Thank You but I would rather have a story!

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Okay...

But could have been much better, if longer and more detailed. Author, what was your rush? If you didn't have time to write a proper story, with adequate character development and proper presentation of details, and most importantly, detailed dialog between the husband and wife, filled with emotion, then why did you bother to post at all? "Flash story" = Lazy, abortion of a story.

And to the "Need Another Section" anon who posted on 9/12, no new section is needed. Bullshit stories about "hot" wives and the pathetic wimps who love them belong on Jerry Springer, or in the "Fetish" section of this site. Stories about men who are betrayed by a woman belong in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
To all the Nay sayers

To the complainers anom and all: he said this is a flash story.. short to the point... You were warned in the beginning so no crap about being to short or incomplete.

To others Don't like it... Write your own piece and see if you can even hold a candle to these writers you critizize. Constructive critique and opinion is greatly appreciated by these authors but stupid shit most likely make them laugh or moan at the morons online..

To the others that think slirpuff stink to high heaven.. don't get your self work up.. Stay away from his work.. It will do wonders for your blood pressure.

I graded this a 4 compare to your other works.

Kudos Sir Slirpuff

MF

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Need Another Section

so guys writing about crappy wives and their sad sob tales have a place to post, other than in the Loving Wives section, which should only have hot stories about hot wives, not stories of sad betrayal and any lack of insight into what they may have done to lead to the unhappy state.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Meh.

Rubbish. Sentimental twaddle older than the hills. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not a story

If this is what Loving Wives is about, no wonder I can't often be bothered with it. This is a bit of mental indigestion - not even masturbation. Too bad Lit doesn't allow half votes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent little story.

Straight to the point. Not every story has to be drawn out with a lot of unnecessary words. It was interesting how the mood changed from his cheating wife. There was no shouting, no whining, no harsh btb sentiments, just why and good bye. Yep, it would have made a great full story but for what it was, I'll accept it. Glad you're back writing again. Always like the majority of your stories and never fail to read them. Thanks.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
Oops. Addendum

Also, the last five 'paragraphs' are anticlimactic.

4*

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
OK

Not bad, but I have some quibbles. First, I'm not sure why Sweetie's tone should go from angry to concerned for no reason (yet). Just plain 'concerned' would have protected the 'surprise ending' a little better. Hearing Hubby's thoughts further presaged the denouement.

Finally, I think it might have thrown Sweetie off just a little more if Hubby had said something like "I just found out last night that, for several months, my TWO best friends have been cheating on their spouses!" (Assumes Davey-Bull is also hitched - so far!)

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Excellent Compact story

You can use your imagination to fill in the spaces.. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Don't do this please

You're a good writer, so I wish you wouldn't do this.

This isn't a flash story; it's snippets from a flash story. "Like 10 dead in chemical factory explosion. Details at 11."

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 9 years ago

Not actually a story, no plot or character arc, just a bland "here's some shit that happened" with no reason for us to care.

Except it was about a man leaving his wife, so everyone better rate it five stars! Never mind that it is dull and uninteresting, we gotta save lw from all the actual erotica people write here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Short and sweet but now we need the whole story

Slirpuff nice short story but I love to read this story In at a four pages long. Knowing what led to this affair and his personal life up to the time of discovery. If that is something you can do I am sure us readers would I joy it. Thank for all those yrs and stories you wrote.

cap5356cap5356over 9 years ago
story

nice and quick story. but it left alot to figure out on your own. just how many times she deceived him. and if he would do anything to his former friend

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous