All Comments on 'I Promised Mom'

by BigGuy33

Sort by:
  • 75 Comments
blackdragon54blackdragon54almost 8 years ago
very nice

I liked the story, i think it has potential to be longer and more fleshed out, but awesome work.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 8 years ago

Nice story, told in an interesting style which probably made it better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

A perfect fit for the romance category, giving way to the emotions and relationship instead of the overused sex elements. Hope to see more of the like from you in the future!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Shaking my head

Within the first page, a snide comment about marriage and "plump but pretty." How are you not aware how sexist and offensive that ish is?

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
could hve been a great story

about two people who found each other by accident

but

all the side drama was distracting!

8 people, 1 couple and 3 guys who pass 3 women around among themselves

detracted from the main storyline.

3 guys who have expectations for "their" weekend with the girl on offer for the current rotation can be a bit dicey.

If in doubt just ask Tommy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good story

A warm and delightful "feel good" story to read.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 8 years ago
Trina and her friends all seemed to be suffering from stunted growth

They're past college age but still acting like sophomores on spring break. But it does explain why she was so immediately drawn to Henry. He was probably the first real adult man she had ever met.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sobbing?

Why do characters in stories on this site burst into tears at the slightest thing?

Stiff upper lips needed!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

"until death do us part, and I was still alive." - Yes, but she's dead, so death has parted you.

"She says you're too old and not very good looking" - Besides being assholes, they over-reached! She MIGHT have said he was too old, but he's obviously good looking!

"Trina hears about her old friends now and again but hasn't seen most of them in some time" - With Joanna dating one of Henry's employees you'd think she would see her occasionally.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Lovely story

At last, one romance story, with feelings, love and without explicit sex!

Is really true romance.

I liked, believe me.

Good job!

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 7 years ago
5

Yup good tale, positive plotline. Keep em coming

SampkyangSampkyangover 7 years ago
NO NANNYS!

Babies need their Mommy!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A nice romance. Kind of quaint and boiler plate interaction, but a warm story.

Reads like the beginning efforts of a writer with potential. I don't see how they spent that first night in the same bed and he didn't know her last name. It could even be viewed risky, since there were 8 of them and 1 of him. He could easily be set up for a rape charge, blackmail, etc. And based on his business/legal experience, he should have thought to copy the females' driver licenses also. And he charged them no rent?

But that's just logical details. Its still a nice romance and a fun read. Thank you for your time and effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice story...

Not sure I would have done the same. A girl who swaps nights with 3 different guys, been doing it that way "for a long time", follows a guy she just met over to another cabin to "talk" and ends up spending the night with him? Although she says she never had intercourse with any of them, you have to admit that's an odd story and her behavior - since he didn't know her at the time - doesn't necessarily encourage belief in her version of that story. She comes across as very promiscuous.

It's not a big deal whether her story is true or not, at least not until he decides to hunt her down. He's a Dad, got a young girl at home and most Dads will be very certain of the type of woman they allow into the house. They would be very careful about who is allowed to make impressions on their daughter and this woman, Trina, when viewing all the evidence he's aware of so far, seems to be a bit loose. So I think to make the story more realistic, you should have shown the Dad being more careful and very deliberate about how and when to expose his daughter to a new woman in his life, especially someone like Trina.

One thing I've noticed in practically all your stories, the "man" (I use the term loosely because of all the sobbing and collapsing they exhibit) AND the woman he eventually ends up with, seem to "love" each other almost immediately. In this story, the protagonist spends one sexless night with a girl and then spends weeks desperately trying to find her again - only to have her show up at his house because she can't get over him either.

The daughter, crying about how she promised Mom to help Dad allow another love into his life, tells Trina, a girl she's never met until now, that her Dad is besotted with her. Then they all have a group hug while sobbing; I guess we're lucky Dad didn't faint or fall out of his chair this time, at least we didn't have to see that. I think a daughter - still missing her Mom - would be very protective of her Father and would view the new girl with no small amount of suspicion until knowing her better.

It's just a bit too much, like you're bored with this part of the story and just want to skip to them being married or something. Too quick for that kind of scene, and in most of your stories like this, it's way too quick. Perhaps it's because most of your stories are like this that I have a problem with it. I could see it happening on very rare occasions, but certainly not every time.

Here's a quick tip: Generally speaking, normal men don't "sob". We tend to hide our emotions for the most part; that's the way we are and there's no amount of Oprah's, feminists, gays, or writers of "self-improvement" books that will ever change it. The only "men" you normally see sobbing are those freaks on youtube wailing about Brittney or some buttercup weeping about the election. Those aren't men; they'll never have the stuff it takes to raise and protect a family.

Still, you're a good writer and I generally enjoy the stories. Keep it up. I'm sure we all appreciate the effort. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Had A...

5 Star until "One possibility is hiring on a full-time nanny." Children should be raised by their PARENTS, not some Slut that's been swapping men for years.

By the way, any woman that tells me shes been sleeping with 4 guys on a rotating basis but never was intimate with them... yeah right, total bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WoW!

From a faithful, loving wife ( now deceased ) to a full blown (pun intended) slut is a huge leap. Then there's the train wreak of having that slut rearing a 13 year old impressionable daughter, how's that for failed parenting?

If this is romance in BigGuy33's life then I feel much pity for him and his.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Anonymus 11/18/16 said it

He expressed better than me most of my concerns. I would just insist on the "true love" bit of your stories. Writing a romantic story doesn¡t mean that love is a kind of magic feeling that "just happen". It takes time to get to know the other. Of course there is lust and sexual attraction, but those feelings are not loved.

In any case, I enjoy your stories and they always get me engaged.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Anon 3/11/17

I normally don't address my remarks to commenters (everyone is entitled to their opinion) but in this case I'll make an exception. You, sir, are a bone headed, ignorant, person. How did you came up with the idea that Trina was a slut? What is she supposed to do at her age? Sit around with an intact virtue until she marries Mr. Right? She said in her comments that she hadn't had sex with any of the guys in their group. I found her honest and forthcoming without an agenda such as using him for marriage material but keeping a guy on the side which you see in many if the stories here. Try reading the story again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Outstanding story!

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 6 years ago
Brought a tear to my eye

Very good story with a perfect ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Didn't Try Too Hard!

This story had some potential but then got stupid and just sort of sputtered to an ending IMO. My reasons being..if he was really trying to find Trina why would you write to those young friends of hers and not go and talk to them personally. Plus the letter he received back from them sounded like it was written by a 10 year old kid! Either he was kinda dim witted or he wasn't really trying too hard. He knew she was working toward her certification to work with special needs children, shouldn't be too hard to find her through that channel. After that I just couldn't keep any interest in the story any longer. I gave it a 3 and I think that is generous!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Keep them comming.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story

Don't listen to the negative ones. They are not normal. Thanks

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
I Have To Maintain My Nitpick Cred!

Just because Haley is graduating high school and he and Trina have only been together five years DOESN'T preclude her being Trina's child! At this point we don't know how old Trina is, so there's no reason to think that she shouldn't have an 18-year-old daughter.

Quadman07Quadman07over 6 years ago
Did you read the story?

Trina was 24 when she met Henry.

Trina said she rotated with 3 guys but never had sex with any of them.

Joanna was in a relationship with Steve only and not a slut.

Trina is 11 years older than Haley.

Henry is 11 years older than Trina.

What Trina did in her past should not be held against her, she was up front with Henry from the start.

This is a good story!

leetamezleetamezabout 6 years ago
Another good one!

I’m really enjoying all your stories!

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 5 years ago
This is kind of cruel and morbid of me to laugh at, but......

"The cops say he PROBABLY didn't suffer."

Probably, LOL

Good Story, thanks.

rvbuilderrvbuilderabout 5 years ago
Nice romance

Very nicely done, IMHO. I especially enjoyed the part where Haley told Trina how her dad felt about her.

GillotineGillotinealmost 5 years ago
I got something in my eye

When the daughter relates her last conversation with her mother. So bittersweet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Mom

I have been married to my wife for 21 years. She had 3 children prior. It has always been my desire for them to call me dad. Sadly it hasn’t happened for the 2 oldest, however the youngest has called me her dad a few times over the years and I can not tell you how good it made me feel. When I read that part of the story I could certainly relate to the feeling and it brought a tear to my eye

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Excellent

I still remember when my wife's daughters and her granddaughter wrapped me up and called me their other dad. I had to pull over 15 min into a 5 hr drive because I vouldntbsee the road, all never forget that day. This reminded me of it, well done.

jimjam69jimjam69almost 4 years ago
Great story again

Another 5 star. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I love this story ! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This one favorite story's ! 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

Good story! So sad 😭 about Steve especially as he was getting it together. Pity he lost Joanna.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Perfect story!!! Widower finds a young, HOT, and FAITHFUL woman to marry!!! 5 Stars!!

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 3 years ago

This has got to be the best story I've read since All My Fault. You made me cry. My wife says I've got to stop doing this. But she says at least it's better than the porn sites. 10 stars, because I can't count, and they won't change the rating system. The Bear approves heartily. It's nice to read a sweet story, where us old guys luck out. I look forward to more.

The BEAR

CriosCriosalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Got me crying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sweet! 4 stars and 4 boxes of Kleenex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Like one person said they usually don't respond to comments by others, folks have a right to their opinions. I try to live by that rule as well and try to limit myself to thanking the story writer. They put a lot of thought and work into what they share with us the readers, for instance this tale. It is truly a step above so many other stories, even his own and I appreciate it very much.

A couple of the folks from 4 years ago have taken stupid to a whole new level. Now I know the inspiration for Ron White's 'Can't Fix Stupid' comedy line! Fortunately, many more seem to be level headed people who know a good story when they read it. Thanks Guy! An inspired story.

somewhere east of Omaha

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

I love the story. AAAAAA+++++

CriosCriosover 2 years ago

One of my favorite feel-good stories

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

"Trina has told us she has no interest in further contact with you. She says you're too old and not very good looking." Haha damn, should've added "And you stink, too!" for good measure. If Henry fell for that, his perception stats would have to be abysmal.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Well there are a couple of 4 stars behind me of your stories but this really moved me and you are back to 5. I think something got in my eye when the kid called Trina mom. One of my older daughters is a single mom with a 30 year old, my grand daughter. The other day after helping her out she called me dad and said I have been more of dad to her grand dad over the years, there goes that dust in my eyes again. Keep writin!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow!

I was flabbergasted by some of the earlier comments.

I went back & reread parts & Trina didn’t come across as a slut, but one of the better woman in the group. I guess not everyone can read carefully.

Lovely 5 stars tale. Well done & I hope for more this well written.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I read the last comment and revisited the comments from 5 years ago. I may be mistaken but there were about three or four in a row that seemed from the same writer (and if this wasn't fiction, from one of the clowns Trina had been with).

This is at least my third trip through this tale, it still is a favorite. Thanks BG, still a five star tale!

somewhere east of Omaha

Sandman_truckSandman_truckalmost 2 years ago

Only one word is needed ....... " Excellent " ! !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I enjoy the story so much, I'm surprised at so few comments. It's telling how ALL I've read have been positive. A favorite!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice love story.

Ed

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Decent

Decent story.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

short and sweet. excellent story. Haley's part is excellent in the beginning and near the end with the casual "Hi Mom" heartfelt and a really good teenager.

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 1 year ago

Oh man I don't think anyone could have told it better 5 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of my 'favorites list'. Thanks BigGuy, 5 stars!

somewhere east of Omaha

servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Nice romance

5 stars

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

A short story should be like a night gown, short enough to be interesting but yet just long enough to cover the essentials. This was! Warmed through with emotion, spiked with a bit of lust, rather like a good egg nog with just enough rum to give it some depth. Well done.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

about the 3td time I have read all or parts of this and my eyes still water. thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Read it a few times before &it’s still a great story.

Bill S.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

I don't remember reading this story! But I should have.

5

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great story, i loved it! It made me tear up. I could visualize this as I read it. iMHO it would make a great movie. I'd like to give it more than 5 stars+ !

SorchakSorchak12 months ago

Gruh!! I hate it when MC's are barely into middle age and call themselves old. 35 is NOT old, dammit! And eleven years difference is not that much. Yes, if she was 12, *then* it's a big deal. But when she's 24 and he's 35, not so much. Plus, if your first child comes with their own body double, don't have MORE kids. Who really needs more than 2 these days, away?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I’m a romantic at heart, enjoyed the emotion of the daughter fulfilling her promise to her mom.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I rated this at four stars.

But then realized I had no reason to not give it five. So, I did.

JPB

Anita71Anita717 months ago

A lovely and touching story.

You write really well, and you get pretty good details into the story

Btrying2Btrying26 months ago

Very good story. I enjoyed very much. I was somewhat disappointed that the story was short of details and failed to delve into interesting areas that would give depth to the story. The story as presented seemed to be more like a very good outline rather than a fleshed out story. I still enjoyed just wanted more. Like what precipitated Haley’s acceptance of Trina as her Mother figure.

Still a good read. Thanks for sharing. John

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

As someone else said, why is it always twins. I agree, these stores have a far high rate of persons having twins than anywhere on the planet.

The story was just run of the mill. Ok but not good.

Quaker0186Quaker01865 months ago

Excellent Romantic story and the way the daughter was included into fulfilling her promise to her mom was a really nice touch and tugged at my heartstrings. Well done keep up the good work.

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright5 months ago

It started off good till the kid came into the picture, kids don't act like that. Then all three of them were crying when she should up at their home, sounds creepy.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman5 months ago

Excellent! 2nd reading for me and still good. Amazing what a child can understand at 11 yrs. old when her Mom passes and only 13 when Trina appeared at Henry and her house. "I promised Mom" Not sure what story "all right" read or his reading comprehinsion.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo4 months ago

Had t9 w8pe my eyes a rew times. Couldn't help it. Just a hopeless romantic, under certain circumstances, real or imagined. 5.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story - one of the top 20 on Literotica. Great author, great plot and great style. Brought more than a tear to my eye (but no sobbing!). More please

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It's not nice to make old people cry! Good stuff.

NoBullAlNoBullAl3 months ago

Not really into romantic stories but this is one of your really good ones!!

newford9bnewford9b3 months ago

I agree with anonymous from about a month ago, it really isn't very nice to make older peoples' eyes water excessively. Other than that comment, a very nice tale indeed.

willyk1212willyk12123 months ago

wow very good one of the best here more please you have a gift

woodrangewoodrange3 months ago

made it to my favorites list. five star story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Anyone with a beating heart would have feel the incredible emotions in this tale. Thank you BigGuy - 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigGuy33@BigGuy33
3098 Followers
Been writing stories for years, since I was a kid. Those were more tame and usually involved the head cheerleader falling in love with me. You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation. I work in Loving Wives, Romance, and am branching into incest/taboo and gro...