All Comments on 'I Wanna Learn a Love Song'

by BigGuy33

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
I remember a few of his songs.

Of course , I think everyone has heard ' Cat in the Cradle ' , but 'Taxi' was my favorite .

I don't know if you remember , but an Author on Lit named Jake Rivers used to have these invitationals where other authors would take a song by the Entertainer Jake picked and would write a LW story based on one of their songs. I know they did Sinatra , Willie Nelson , and Merle Haggard . Their may have been others.

I would love to see that tradition brought back. Maybe you , BigGuy33 , could be the one to do it .

Something to think about anyway.

4 *'s , and thank you for sharing .

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One of my favourites from HC

Nice job expanding on what was already a great story. I can see a number of Harry's songs being good fodder for stories here. Better Place to Be maybe?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
sweet

nice little story bitter-sweet O how bout "Midnight Watchmen" that one always give me a chill... stlcris

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Fooled Me

I thought it was going to turn out that she was divorced and he was staying permanently!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
LOL

Another cheating slut, justifying her cheating by whining about a husband who works hard. Of course, she wouldn't like it if the money stopped. I bet the husband would tell a different version of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Taxi it brought back memories of my college girlfriend, the one I let get away. I bet the husband is off with his younger slender girlfriend and the wife knows and accept s it.

xtchrxtchrover 7 years ago
Brought Back Memories!

Harry Chapin and his story songs was one of my favorite musicians. I always liked ballads and songs that told a story and Chapin was one of the best at it. To this day I still have his songs on my flash drive for the car and listen to his story songs. I always wondered why more authors didn't write stories based on his songs. "Taxi", "Easy" and many more would make excellent stories.

That alone made this story a good one. Thank you for writing the story and bringing back some memories.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Yeah

Harry Chapin at his finest. I saw him in concert in the 70's and it was fantastic. A fine tribute.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Ok writing about a cheating cunt

And the little bitch that is stealing what is another man's.

Would have been funny if the little motherfucker got caught.

PileDriver48PileDriver48over 7 years ago
Life is complicated

Yeah, we can all make value judgements on the characters in a piece of fiction. But BigGuy has written a story based on a song. In reality life is hard on people. Without value judgements I found it an enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well written story, . . .

about a pathetic loser and a cheating cunt who wants to forget she's a wife, and mother. She obviously likes the money, and the property, and the kids. She just needs a little exciting sex and romance on the side. When hubby runs off with the slender young personal assistant I wonder what song she'll sing then. Of course she'll look her ex-husband in the face and ask, How could you do this to me? Birds of a feather fuck each other over.

Concritic123Concritic123over 7 years ago
Yea, it felt good for him....

Why should he care? It wasn't his marriage to fuck up. Just your average self centered guy banging a tramp.

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
An unanswered issue...

An unanswered issue: Was she ready to leave her rich life, her family, her friends to have a wandering around life side by side with this young man? What was she ready to do to support them on the road? Ahhhhhhhhhh, maybe she wanted it all: The rich life, the family and also the young lover...Nothing would change what she was: a cheating whore! 2*

AnnetteBishopAnnetteBishopover 7 years ago
I loved Harry Chapin

Interesting story xoxoxoAnnette

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very interesting take

Harry was the greatest human being I've ever met. I visited his grave last month. I think he would have been amused by what you did with his story. Not so sure Sandy would have approved though.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Enjoyed it

Unusual for me to read a story where a married woman cuckholds her husband and enjoy it! But this was such a delightful romantic tale that it was acceptable. Why in the world are we reading literotica if we do not accept such tales? There was no humiliation here, unless the husband had the place wired....

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Quandary

I'm in a quandary here!

Maybe it's because as in "Try Walking in My Shoes" we're seeing things through the eyes of the lover, I found myself rooting for the lovers, yet I KNOW if the husband was telling the story after discovering the affair, I'd be saying, "The cheating cunt! If she feels neglected why doesn't she TALK to him?"

I guess it all depends on whose ox is being gored!

Still a great story, and I'm a huge Harry Chapin fan.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Nope"

Nowhere is it said or implied that she gave up the easy life for him.

She said her husband was going to be gone for a few more days, and invited him to stay for those few days, and he did,

francis_toliverfrancis_toliverover 7 years ago
Sbrooks

While it did not say it explicitly, the author said this story was based on the song, which in turn was written by Harry Chapin about how he met his wife. So one could pretty safely state that the story finishes with this women leaving her husband for the point of view character, as that is what happened in real life. She left a wealthy man for a 19 year old song writer <g> and they stayed together until he died.

I am not making any judgments about the right or wrong of it, simply stating that, as the author has said, this is based on Harry Chapin's life, so those that are familiar with it know how it ends. Unfortunately or perhaps because he figured everyone knew, the author didn't make it explicit.

OnethirdOnethirdover 7 years ago
No excuses

A nice quick offering. I especially like the self-described biography- no excuses about why he's living hand to mouth, no blaming people other than himself (except perhaps his hippy parents, but not too much). We should all be so self aware.

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 7 years ago
Can You Say Adultress

I hate cheaters, I hate stories about cheaters when they get away with it.

I really hated this story. Just like the modern rap, just because it's in a song does't make it right, or good, or healthy. It just makes it sordid.

I truly hope in the following verses (days) Betty's husband finds out and throws her cheating slut cunt out on the street with her boy toy. Of course, a little personal attention with baseball bats from Hubby's construction workers paid to the little street rat would be appropiate too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Cute little story.

Sometimes a story doesn't have to be a novel. This short story was a little gem. For you imbeciles that read stories in the Loving Wives category then piss & moan about the woman's actions wake the fuck up. The site is Literotica and the category is loving wives, sub category "cheating wives." What were you expecting a story about a Nun ? Stop being holier than thou. Me thinks thou doth protest too much, asshole.

Nice job by the author. Please keep writing. You have a wonderful talent that needs to be shared. Thank you !!😊

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Interesting

Decided to read a bit about Chapin after reading this. Apparently she does leave her husband for the young guitarist. Then the young guitarist gets famous and cheats on her throughout their marriage. He died on the way to a performance after having a fight with his wife. So not exactly happy ending.

Apparently Cats in the Cradle was originally a poem written by Chapins wife about the relationship between her first husband and his father.

And the husband wasn't some kind of evil land baron either. Just a lawyer.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
THOSE LOVE SONGS BECOME DANGEROUS

especially around the back stairs TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well done

Really liked the story and the writing. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 + Excellent story you have

pissed off the asshole of LIT. Dear annony crying and bitching about MM again!! heheheh he's such a ass wipe fool

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudealmost 7 years ago
I hate cheaters but....

This did not feel like that. Easily 5*****

LoejtcLoejtcover 6 years ago
What's important the story or the person

Frankly, I could care less about Harry Chapin. Let's focus on the story. He's a young bum. Not because I said it but he said it. She's an older rich, bored wife. She picks him up as a boy toy. They end up in serious sex. In the real world she dumps lawyer husband and eventually marries the bum.

Now she's probably in good shape i.e. gets the house the kids child support and alimony so she can fuck her boy toy and write poetry while the ex foots the bill.

The bum ends up making a ton of money because he's actually talented. But you gotta wonder how long the relationship would have lasted if he was just another itinerant musician.

So if you didn't know who were the real people involved, what would you think of these characters? We have a bum, a cheat, and a screwed ex husband who may have been loving and considerate. We never obtain any information about the screwed husband except that perceived by the bum. Not an unbiased and possibly jealous perspective.

So maybe the fact that the bum in real life ends up dead in a fiery car crash is just karma. He fucked up a marriage. He got fucked. Life's a bitch.

patdownpatdownalmost 6 years ago
good catch

kudos on appreciating good music

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 5 years ago
Interesting

I liked Harry and saw him in concert several times. I remember this song , Thanks

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Interesting story

Interesting story based on good song, but I just don't care for.cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Need more stories like this

5 stars.

teedeedubteedeedubover 4 years ago
Agreed

Harry Chapin was one of the great ones. Great story.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 4 years ago
Interesting.

A moment in time of someone's life. The background of the character I thought was interesting. If you're 60 and over and grew up in the states, there was a generation of children whose parents were hippies. Some grew out of it and others were destroyed by it.

I knew a guy like the main character whose parents bought into all that stuff, 'All you need is love', and dragging their children along with them.

These children were given no direction in life, ill prepared for life as an adult and ended up fucked up and living on the streets. The guy I knew hated what his parents did and not preparing him for life in general.

BigGuy33, did a very nice job with introducing a character you don't see here in the LW'S section.

As for the infidelity, did he know it was wrong? Sure, but again with his background growing up with parents who bought into the 'free love' bullshit, his moral compass in that area of life didn't exist or was broken.

Enjoyed the story BigGuy33. Always a pleasure to see you post. 5 stars.

jimjam69jimjam69about 4 years ago
Interesting story

Not even sure what to think about it except it's unique.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Even an asshole husband does NOT deserve to be cheated on!!!

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

Love the Harry Chaplin song references. Harry was a good man.... I was lucky to see him in concert 3x times. Loved that he donated one-third of his profits to “feed the hungry” at every concert. Harry Chaplin was a true humanitarian. Good story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good story. Would have liked it to be longer but I can see why it ended where it did.

I don't want to condone cheating but the husband is a fool verging on a domestic abuser and deserved to lose Betty. There was obviously a deeper emotional connection between the boy and Betty that would have developed into love.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Nice story, although cheating but with feeling. The husbands of the time were masters of the house and wives were supposed to do their wifely duties (sex) but not expected to enjoy it. I think many men get too comfortable in the marriage and don't take time and think about romancing their wives much. This story points that out and makes the cheating almost acceptable, sad but true. Another writers fantasy but but many times true in real life. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another great heartwarming tale but totally different from the last.

Again, very well done. Loved it 5 stars worth.

Bill S.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 2 years ago

Second read…excellent as always. Loved Harry. He died too young. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

There was as much love shared in this story as in Harry's song. Did she cheat? Don't know but it is hard to cheat on someone who doesn't know or care their partner is alone even when you are both in the same house. Harry, like so many other musicians, was taken from the world way too early. While there will be a void that he didn't get to fill at lease we can pull out our old LPs and go back to relive the happiness of his songs and sadness of the news that he was gone. Gotta pull out my 6 string and try not to feel too WOLD.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Second time I read this story while listening to Harry singing on another site. You followed the singer's story close enough to make his music stronger with the reading and I'm glad he was able to share his love song with a lady who cared.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice basis. But with no ending, it's like a delicious ice cream cone, and that last, best bite, is robbed away. You don't even get to see it falling to the floor. Real Twilight Zone stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I don’t care for cuckholding, but this seemed appropriate for her. Anyway, 5 stars.

Bill S.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

A somewhat different love story, bit odd in its plot but not bad reading

davezqdavezqabout 1 year ago

Ambitious Even daring to merge Harry Chapin’s song with the author’s original fiction. Much admiration and encouragement.

payenbrantpayenbrantabout 1 year ago

Nice story....but I feel bad that two cheaters are cheating.

GoesGruntGoesGruntabout 1 year ago

Not much to criticize in the writing.

At the same time, not enough context to know how I feel about the characters, so the story falls down for me a bit.

AngelRiderAngelRider11 months ago

Isn't it amusing how when the main character is helping a wife cheat, the story rarely falls below 4 but when the main character is a woman, the story will bomb.

Yeah, we don't have any sexism or misogyny on this site. No, none at all.

Calico75Calico7510 months ago

I love Harry Chapin story songs. For years, I could sing most of them. You did justice to this one. I love it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

@AngelRider - It's actually not that surprising and it's not sexism. It's simply a gender reality.

Most of the readers on this site and in this category are male. Male readers are more likely to identify with male characters than female characters. Therefore, ignoring everything else, stories with a male MC will rate higher than stories with a female MC on a male dominated site. Writers who accept that fare better than those that challenge it.

You can further extend this to understand why certain types of stories score lower than others. Willing cuckold stories tend to score lower than BTB stories because the average man is more likely to identify with a strong male character than a weak one.

You can even take this another step further. If you write the same story twice, telling it once from the perspective of the cuck and once from the perspective of the bull, you will find that the bull version will rate higher than cuck one. You can see this in other genres too. If you want to tell a story where the bad guy wins, write it from the bad guy's perspective and it will fare better than if told from the perspective of the victim or the cop who failed to stop them.

So, I must disagree with your claim of sexism and misogyny. As a counterpoint to your claim, I will point you to the plethora of Romance novels targeted at women. The main characters are almost exclusively women and you're more likely to find gang bangs than harems.

In conclusion, I'll just say: "It's called writing to your audience."

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Fantastic

mfj77mfj775 months ago

Pretty good job adapting Harry Chapin's song. Would have liked you to add a little more meat but you did warn us in your intro that you didn't intend to add anything. My understanding of the song is that it was semi-biographical / true so more detail could be added.

Think the folks that didn't get the story are unfamiliar with the song. I just kept humming the tune as I read it.

Now, for a song that you really could add some meat to . . . Try Jim Croce's "Lover's Cross" which was also transformed for a woman by Melanie. Think you could really adapt that song to a story.

Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

Still cheating. Not the way to solve her marital problems. The MC has no honor.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Harry Chapin must’ve been one SAD dude. Sigh.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigGuy33@BigGuy33
Been writing stories for years, since I was a kid. Those were more tame and usually involved the head cheerleader falling in love with me. You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation. I work in Loving Wives, Romance, and am branching into incest/taboo and gro...