All Comments on 'Ian's Trap'

by LadyReedzAlot

Sort by:
  • 57 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Oh WOW!!

I was quickly drawn in by the intro, loved how the story got straight to the juicy drama, and hated that you didn't continue!!! YOU MUST CONTINUE!!! I FREAKIN LURVE IT

-Blk Chi-town native

SweetMonzSweetMonzalmost 12 years ago
Goodd!

Woww, That was awesome. I would love for you to continue the storyy.... and fast!!! Lol. LOVE THE STORYLINE! Great Job!!

verbicideverbicidealmost 12 years ago
More please

Wow. What a nicely developed set up. The elder Mr. Rodgers is an evil man, despite his "compassion" for Olivia. To force this on his children and her wasn't about responsibility, it's about control. HIS control. Still, it makes for a fascinating premise, ripe with tension and conflict. 5 stars.

ale1975ale1975almost 12 years ago
Really good

The story could be a very interesting. I look forward to the next chapter. I did see some grammatical errors, but nothing too bad. Very good first effort!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Now that was a twist I didn't see coming

Please continue...editing will make this flow better...not bad and dying to see where you are going to take this...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Helllllooooo!!!

kinda crazy of mr rodgers... But i'm loving his cukoo brain.. Bring it on

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
*****

Excellent first effort.

Five.

ILienBagbyILienBagbyalmost 12 years ago
Well, the plot you've concocted

is surely an original one...and an interesting one: Huge amounts of money, deep friendships, loveless marriage. Sex? I guess we'll have to wait to find out. You have captured this reader's interest! I will certainly be on the lookout for the next installment. (One extra thought, though. There are way too many grammatical and word choice errors. The errors hurt the story because they give lie to the narrator's claim for an education at an elite high school. The errors also interfere with a smooth read. They would be so easy to repair. Why not submit your story to an editor?)

wildsoulwildsoulalmost 12 years ago

it's start off perfectly for a drama filled story! haha, please update soon.

honeybreehoneybreealmost 12 years ago
Very interesting!

I' am going to keep checking for updates of this story, it is unique and definately stands out right off that bat. Can't wait to see where this goes and progresses throughout the chapters

mariasmdmariasmdalmost 12 years ago
Ooo

Your right this is all so absurd, yet intriguing. So she's being punished and essentially blackmailed into arranged marriage because of an accident? Strange... Well guess I'll have to see where you take this..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
This is a great start

I'm definitely interested in reading more!

JP171ntxJP171ntxalmost 12 years ago
Good start

As I said, good start. Interesting story line and good character development. There are a few spelling and mis-use errors as well as grammatical errors. Find and work with an editor/proof reader get the few mistakes cleaned up and this will move from ok to good or even very good.

Queen_VickiQueen_Vickialmost 12 years ago
wow

Great start. I am soooo excited to read more from you,and this amazing tale.

MzMagicBeautyMzMagicBeautyalmost 12 years ago
OMG !!!

I love it it was very interesting from the start .. I was like WTF she has to marry some dude she dont know or lose everything thats alot of pressure for a young girl to make... and whats Ian's problem he better be happy he's getting his daddy's money ....

StaggeredHeartsStaggeredHeartsalmost 12 years ago
Interested

This story caught my attention can't wait for more!!!!!

secretshy16secretshy16almost 12 years ago
Great!

I can't wait to see how this all unfolds! Please don't have us waiting too long.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Can't wait!

This sure looks like a promising story. Please hurry!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
SOOOOO EXCITED

i cant wait until your next update. you have me totally hooked. hurry with you next update please.

madeofthismadeofthisalmost 12 years ago

Intresting....alredy add to my favorit story....

Want more now please!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
And then?

A one page teaser requires a fast follow up, to retain your audience. I had forgotten all about this beginning, until I looked back at a few stories.

Janez9Janez9almost 12 years ago

please update soon I wanna know what happens next!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

please continue!!!

beastman0969beastman0969almost 12 years ago
Great Start

Waaaay tooo short. You got us now reel us in. It seems to be an interesting story and I would love to read more.

LadyReedzAlotLadyReedzAlotalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Looking 4 editor

Thanks for your comments. I am looking for an editor.

I also am thinking again about the characters, i.e., why does every hero has to be handsome, wealthy, and sexy. I would like to think that I am not that shallow.

So don't give up on me yet.

islandqtislandqtalmost 12 years ago
intriguing

Please don't make Ian unsexy lol!!!

My only critique of this chapter is that it would be nice if Olivia recognized that by "arranging" this marriage he is also stripping her of her right to choose her own suitor and marry for love. There is a dark element of control there by the father that I felt could have been explored a bit more. Otherwise this is a very cool beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I know this is your first story, and it is 'fiction', but.........

you could have made it a bit more realistic. While I will give you that Ian't parents would want to leave a little something for Olivia given that their son killed her parents, no way in hell would a rich white family give a poor black girl equal share to their fortune and arrange for their son, heir to their throne, to marry a black girl. I'm all for fantasy, but this is one of the most far-fetched stories on this site.

One star

EnchantedGreenEnchantedGreenalmost 12 years ago
Interesting.

I'm intrigued and avidly waiting for more. You did the introduction into the situation/setting beautifully now I'm just really eager to see how the characters develop and interact with eachother. Please, please keep up the good work, keep writing.

~EnchantedGreen~

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I am intrigued...

So far so good. A bit of a "stretch" with the amount of money promised; but, this is fantasy :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

This has a really good start and I'm really looking forward to seeing where this is going. Really good start.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
warmfuzzies

Plz more! I'm intrigued by this chapter!

magiczeesmagiczeesover 11 years ago
I love it...

Where is the rest of the story? Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
come on

u really need to finish this story. U cant star a good story like that and leave us hanging for 3 months. pleeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeeee finish it

Redmoon_ElzRedmoon_Elzover 11 years ago
Come on man!!

I'm so ready for more !!!!

Alpha_MarmAlpha_Marmover 11 years ago
Stop playing..................

Needs some minor grammatical tweaking, but one hell of an opener!

Work the magic. Ya know

if you build it they WILL Come.......so do it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Please more........

Okay this story has a great opening and i wonder why you haven't finished it,please it's been month!

SpicySynAmonSpicySynAmonover 11 years ago
Where's The Next Chapter?

Lady, I like where this story is heading. I could literally feel the tension in the room. Anxiously awaiting more from this story. Please update soon. Syn'

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Please update soon. It's really good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
wow!!

Please add more. I can tell that this is going to be a really good story!!!!I want to know what happens next

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
More please

Much much more. Write it yourself

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Next chapter please

You have us hooked. I am waiting with baited breath to read what happens next. The first chapter was well thought out and has captured our the readers interest know we want to learn more about these interesting charecters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good start

This is the start of a very good story. A few minor glitches can be easily fixed with a little proofreading. I'm looking forward to the rest.

sweet_mahoganysweet_mahoganyalmost 11 years ago
Great story

Great story I really like this story. I hope you get a chance to finish it so we can find out what happens next!

atropisatropisalmost 11 years ago
good jump off

Cant wait to read more very good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Quite caricatural and upsetting

Rich white people coercing a black orphan girl into marrying their only son to teach him and her commitment? Really? So now the white family whose very son accidentally killed her parents wil now take control of her life and dictate her into a 5 years marriage with some one that she doesn't know so that THEY will feel better?? nd to have the black girl explaine that SHE is not racist because she has a white godmother who looks like and angel and is so good to her? And I supposed that we are to side with them because they are SO loving her and they are SO good white people??? It is quite upsetting to say the least!!! I mean, yeah it is fiction but even with Science fiction or supernatural stories there need to be some semblance of...coherence and realism.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Intriguing Storyline...

Eager to read the next chapter. Keep going.

D3stin2L0v3D3stin2L0v3over 10 years ago
OMGoodness, Really?!!

Wow, did not see this in any story or real life. Drama, the parents are a hoot. Could not have even imagined writing a story like this one. Not in a million.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Caricaturist, but

I do agree with the previous anonymous statement regarding the implausibility of the storyline, but it is what it is; a story. The writer has the right to plot the the development as he/she deems fit. I do like the direction it's now taking so will

continue to read with an open mind.

mrskinkmrskinkover 10 years ago
sucks!

DON'T bother to read. Yet again another writer who doesn't finish a series

LadyReedzAlotLadyReedzAlotover 10 years agoAuthor
No, I did not finish

Those of you have a problem with my unfinished story, can always write your own.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great!!!

Such a good storyline! Have this saved as a favorite. Please continue soon, it'd be great to see the developments of these characters and the marriage.

barbette_sgbarbette_sgabout 10 years ago

I liked it a lot. Don't mind anyone else who thinks the plot is impossible. It's suppose ta be fiction...yer suppose to let yer imagination run free...I hope you continue even if you decide to tweak it a bit :D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow!

I've never read anything like this bfore. It's blowing my mind. You have me hooked please continue sharing your vision...and thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
crap

The story sounds so mediocre.....even worse. You really need to edit this its just shit 💩 right now!!👎

LatchkeyLatchkeyover 8 years ago
Nice first effort- seek out a trusted editor

I was drawn in initially to the contrast between the two families and how they mesh together, and the interesting tension that would bring to the storyline. Elevating the language, vocabulary and grammar will help with differentiating the characters.

You've done 75% of the work but you're not done until you have the story edited. Like pouring ice-water on a couple after foreplay, it can be hard to get back into a story after being turned off by so many grammatical errors.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous