All Comments on 'If Great Authors Wrote Porn #03'

by SexyGeek

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
what is madrissah

or is it madrasah-muslim religious schools and they don't teach hinduism in such place.Lingam only exist as a symbol not a religious edict.Read your Hindu religion book carefully before the Indian start laughing at your attempt to eroticise R.K. writings.

SexyGeekSexyGeekover 11 years agoAuthor
Kipling's word choices

Thanks for reading my story so carefully. In my ideas, one of the great joys of Kim, and one of its great difficulties, is Kipling's attempt to reproduce the language of a polyglot mixture. Kipling, of course, sprinkled English with Indian words, while Kim in his own mind was undoubtedly sprinkling the vernacular with English words. If you have actually read the story of Kim you will remember that he attended a Protestant school, but happily mixing his languages indifferently, always referred to it as a madrissah when speaking to natives, (and that word has many various transliterations in English) probably learning the word from Mahbub Ali. I couldn't resist turning the massage at the Kulu woman's house into a lingam massage. Throughout the original book Kim shows acquaintance with many religions, but deep expertise in none. I read that in Hinduism "The union of lingam and yoni represents the indivisible two-in-oneness of male and female, the passive space and active time from which all life originates" and attempted to respect that idea. This is, let's face it, a porn site and most of the writing on it is fantasy pure and simple. I was attempting to have some fun with a great book, not to represent Victorian India with accuracy. I appreciate your comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good

I'm not quite as enamored of this one as I was of the first two, but that's less a criticism than just higher praise for the others. It doesn't seem, to me at least, that you captured Kipling's cadences quite as well.

The theme is ingenious and the execution very good. Who's next? LOL!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

awesome! the attempt to eroticize KIpling itself is laudable. and this was really well done.

i feel the general feel of Kim has been captured quite well, and the sex is good enough. very befitting the time and age.

and on that note, here's an Indian reader and nopes, no laughter. pretty decent porn fic say i! :D keeep it up

50FootQueenie150FootQueenie1almost 11 years ago

Why is the approval of peers all? If men matter so much to him, shouldn't he be fucking men? "Deep into her soft wetness he plunged, and now she rolled her hips as he stroked hard with his shaft." Kipling or Harlequin Romance? The problem with porn speak (apart from the misogyny which I know guys don't care about) is it leads you into easy, lazy ways of writing. You have to work to find an original way to talk about sex, otherwise, it's all been done before, feels hollow, just something you'd buy on the shelf at Rite Aide (flip through a Harlequin Romance novel there sometime and you'll see, it's written like that). Now, I guess you'll hate me and call me a judgmental woman you feel rejected by and don't need and can walk away from like I was nothing. That's the way most men in my life have responded when I've challenged them.

50FootQueenie150FootQueenie1almost 11 years ago

I do appreciate the Goddess details. I think probably the less degraded position of women in this one compared to your other stories is why your male readership doesn't get into this one as much.

SexyGeekSexyGeekalmost 11 years agoAuthor
I love you, Queenie...

My dear friend and frequent critic Queenie says

>>Why is the approval of peers all? If men matter so much to him, shouldn't he be fucking men?

==Now there, Queenie, you have a very cogent observation. Certainly "single men in barracks don't grow into plaster saints." Male-male relationships in situations where male-male approval is sought is a great subject. Sadly it is one I am not really capable of dealing with from lack of experience.

>> ." Kipling or Harlequin Romance? The problem with porn speak (apart from the misogyny which I know guys don't care about) is it leads you into easy, lazy ways of writing. You have to work to find an original way to talk about sex, otherwise, it's all been done before, feels hollow,

==Queenie when you indulge in literary criticism instead of feminist polemics, you have some good insight. That is very true, the paucity of descriptive words in our language for porn subjects is a distinct barrier to the author. I try hard, but there just don't seem to be the linguistic resources.

>>Now, I guess you'll hate me and call me a judgmental woman you feel rejected by and don't need and can walk away from like I was nothing. That's the way most men in my life have responded when I've challenged them.

==Ah, Queenie, literary criticism can always start a good discussion with me. I would never walk away from it. I must admit though, I would probably run like the devil from bedding you ...

And incidentally this is one of the higher rated posts in this series ,.. If my readership is largely male, they seem to like it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous