All Comments on 'If Great Authors Wrote Porn #07'

by SexyGeek

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
It doesn't work.

Too radical a melding of literary history and modern pornslang.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
honestly

It is a great work of history and erotic fiction. If your other works are as good Isuggest actually thinking about pitching it to a publisher.

SexyGeekSexyGeekalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Literary history

My good friend and frequent critic ANONYMOUS says:

"It doesn't work.

Too radical a melding of literary history and modern pornslang."

I do appreciate your comment. It is very true that it was with fear and trepidation that I approached Mark Twain's dialect. His fine shadings and careful choice of words are a hallmark of his great writing. He was the one who said, "The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug!" Indeed I may have inserted some lightning bugs into the story. However I question the idea of modern pornslang. The fact is that most of our non-euphemistic words are some of the oldest in the language. Cunt. for example, is attested in 1230 AD. Pussy is referred to the 16th century. Nevertheless, this story is clearly intended for the modern afficianado of porn and the language needs to be somewhat familiar. So compromises are made, and Mark Twain's elegance has to give way slightly to porno tastes. Thanks for your remarks. I will definitely consider them in the future of this series.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous