All Comments on 'If It Wasn't for Bad Luck ...'

by regularguy13

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
arrowglassarrowglassabout 6 years ago
Enjoyed the story!

You got me with the ending!!!

yukonnightsyukonnightsabout 6 years ago
I liked It

I enjoyed reading this. It's pretty hard to write one of these April Fools stories, and I think you did a good job of keeping it on topic and introducing a couple of clever twists. And you're right; poor Harry had the worst luck I've ever seen...he (and I) were all set for a happy love ever after...and then poof! Very clever!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very bad ending.

Needlessly rotten ending. I liked the humor in the rest of the story, but writing Clarissa as a prostitute just wiped shit on a banana.

Needless.

What a jerk. I won't bother reading his other stuff, because he might ruin them at the end also.

Jerk

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
lol

one weird story, so I'm guessing he walked into the ocean and killed himself?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Fail.

You were doing okay until the ending. Then you managed to sabotage a reasonably amusing tale.

Your ending wasn’t amusing, or witty, or anything other than tacky and tasteless.

Fail.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
hell of a tale

. . . . chuckle.

thats one out of the bag.

bloody hell.

hell of a tale

cheers

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
If your going to talk about small dicks you should do some resurch 4 " for a soft penis is longer then avarage.

you should do some resurch 4 " for a soft penis is longer then avarage.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
What a

pile of shit. He should be done with the whole family.

Whole story, till the prostitute showed up, I assumed his girlfriend was in on it and would show up announcing April Fools. That nuclear confrontation might have gone a little way toward making this interesting.

This was like reading someone's jumbled dream after too much late night pizza. April Fools within a Jerry Springer show family.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Anon

Wiped shit on a banana? Yeah that's funny. I prefer Nutella but ok. If you came up with that line, good on you. Really funny.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Not bad luck - AWFUL luck.

But even a fool would fight back. He abandons his car? Most people call AAA and get it started or towed to a garage and then go home. Most people would throw the girlfriend out, change the locks, bag her stuff in garbage bags and throw them out on the front entry. Then call the police and alert them to the illegal alien in town. Even if he had to take a later flight or skip the vacation altogether. Fall asleep on a toilet? That drunk they would have taken him to the hospital to have his stomach pumped. And Clarissa? After all the things that went wrong, he takes a stranger in the sand dunes? I don't think so. And what Grandmother would be that cruel? This was mediocre and then you killed it at the ending. UGH!

RodimusMikeRodimusMikeover 4 years ago
Hopefully

Was this all just a big joke by his Grandma to humiliate Harry,or was it done out of love to get him over his bad luck streak.Honestly I don't think a Grandma would be that cruel to her own flesh-and-blood to hurt him.

I think she wanted to help him get over his ex Sue,and see life does go on and not wallow in self pity and misery.Grandma may have pranked Harry by hiring a prostitute to fuck him but I think she did it out of love.Clarisa granted may have done it for the money but I think a small part she did it to help Harry cause it was not necessary she have sex with him,she did it because she wanted to.

Some may say this story sucked ass but I think it showed potential.

Mojo648Mojo648over 1 year ago

Time to get the shot gun out , maybe play target practice, lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think the end was maybe supposed to be funny? Well, it didn't work. Anyone trying to excuse Grandma on the theory that 'she must have had good intentions' is way out of line. I could go along with that if she'd hired Clarisa to be a one-night stand and then disappear with no one the wiser, but revealing the scheme to him wasn't funny -- it was just cruel. At her age, she ought to know better. The string of unfortunate incidents was funny in a way, but the end ruined the entire story.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Just bad. A bad concept, badly executed and with too many glaring errors. I feel like you're probably a better writer than this.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous