If Only Ch. 08

Story Info
The date is finally here...and plot twist!
5.2k words
4.5
4k
4

Part 8 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 12/29/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This chapter will not make sense unless you start at the beginning. Please see Chapters 1-7. Enjoy.

*

Cadogan pulled up to Kara's house and couldn't seem to tamper down the butterflies in his stomach. He got out of the car and walked up to the front of the house, ringing the bell. He held a rose, waiting for her to come to the door. When Kara opened the door, he just about dropped the rose. Kara was absolutely gorgeous. He muttered something, then finally managed to get out a "wow."

Kara smiled brightly, and Cadogan knew he was in big trouble. {She may very well be the end of me...} Kara suddenly started to point at him, and before he had the chance to say anything, she put her finger under his chin and lifted it up, closing his mouth. Kara started laughing, but Cadogan had still not regained his senses.

He gave her the flower, and she said she would be right back. Cadogan waited until she was out of view and rolled his eyes. {How embarrassing...} Cadogan adjusted his suddenly restricting pants and sighed. {This is going to be a long night...} Kara came back, and Cadogan found his voice.

"You are breathtaking Kara." Cadogan took her hand and tucked it in his arm walking her to the car. Kara's face was scarlet she was blushing so hard. Cadogan released her arm and opened the door for her. "Thank you Cadogan," Kara said trying to regain the color of her face. He walked around the car and got in, turning the ignition. As he headed to the restaurant, he took Kara's hand and kissed it, holding it until they arrived.

When they got there, Cadogan got out and opened the door for Kara, and a frown marred her features. "Where are we? I thought we were going to Medwins?"

"We are at Medwins, this is the rear. I want to show you something." Kara smiled as he guided her inside. He brought her through a hallway and approached a set of double doors. "This is the kitchen." Cadogan announced, then leaned into her ear, "Where the magic happens." Kara looked up at him and smiled at his antics. He opened the doors, and all the chefs turned to see who it was.

They all paused, astonishment on their faces. Meanwhile, Kara's face was slowly turning scarlet. Cadogan gave a flourish with his hand and they all went back to work. He guided her through the kitchen to a wooden door. As he opened it Kara gasped. There was a table with two chairs, draped in a white cloth with two candles. But the chairs were closer together rather than across from each other.

"Cadogan...this is too much," Kara said, trying to repress the girlish squeal of delight that seemed to want to come from nowhere as she turned to him. He unwrapped her arm from his, but did not let go of her hand. "Anything I could do to get the look on your face right now would never be too much." Kara began to speak but Cadogan brought her hand to his mouth and kissed it. "I know you are nervous and that the past few days have been overwhelming, I feel the same way. But, I will agree to take it one step at a time and go at whatever pace you want if you give this a real chance."

Kara looked up into his eyes, fighting the urge to look away from the intense green they now showed. She didn't know where to start, or what to even say at all. {What if we just start then? This is just dinner, why not just let it be as such and not make it something more?} She saw a flicker of pain in Cadogan's eyes and smiled to ease his concern. "Okay Cadogan, one step at a time. This is dinner and we will go from here." Cadogan breathed a sigh of relief, audible enough to make them both laugh. He released her hand and pulled her chair out for her, but allowing her to scoot it to her preference; it is the 21st century.

"I hope you don't mind being spoiled because I have every intention tonight." Cadogan said, causing Kara to laugh. "I also hope you are hungry," Cadogan winked. Kara looked at him and forced herself to think nothing, just allow feeling to wash over her. "If you will excuse me for a moment milady, I need to check on our entrées," Cadogan said giving a flourish and bowing while scooting backward into the kitchen. Kara giggled as Cadogan flashed her a smile before he disappeared.

Cadogan pulled aside his head chef, Zach. "Alright, remember everything I said on the phone earlier, and ensure there are no interruptions. I trust you fully should anything occur that needs attention, and should something happen you may delegate your responsibilities to Anita. I overstaffed us tonight to ensure any oversight would be met with preparation." Cadogan eyed him with silent intention as Zach raised an eyebrow. "You realize you have been gone for the last two busiest days of the week," Zach said as Cadogan gave him a look for stating the obvious. "I have been doing just what you said for the last two days!" Zach ground out, his eyes flashing at Cadogan.

"I know that Zach, and you have done excellent. However I deemed it necessary to say so because I am now here but not available. Tell you what; you pick a reasonable range of time and place and I will send you on vacation. You have been working hard lately and I have noticed. I also have some things I want to discuss with you later, as it appears my future has finally presented itself, "Cadogan said as he motioned to the door from whence he came.

Zach was shocked; he had no idea what to say. He knew Cadogan very well but not so well personally, except that he had not settled down yet. Zach smiled, and clapped Cadogan on the shoulder. "Alright then boss; but just so you know, I will be taking you up on your offer." Cadogan smiled, having every intention to deliver. Zach is an amazingly talented chef, and the only person he fully trusts with Medwins' menu. He handed Zach the menu for him and Kara, even though he knew Zach probably had it memorized. Zach put it in his pocket and seemed to puff out his chest as he readied for action.

Cadogan smiled, and turned to see back to Kara, rubbing his hands in anticipation. {I am finally a customer tonight, no interruptions or expectations. Just time to spend with Kara.} He walked back through the double doors to find Kara with her face in her hands staring up at the rafters. She turned to see Cadogan and smiled, "I never knew how rustic this building was until I looked up; I am glad you kept the loft-like appearance." Cadogan returned her smile as he sat down, "Yes, I could not justify covering up something that could be made beautiful if given the chance." He said with a twinkle in his eye, causing Kara to blush.

"I agree, I bet if I took the time to look up in your main dining area it would look the same...plus I have such a deep fondness of wood." Kara said smiling, watching Cadogan take a gulp of air at her double entendre. "So can I ask what is on the menu tonight or are you going to keep a girl waiting?" Cadogan raised an eyebrow at her and smiled. "I will have you know that in approximately [Cadogan glanced at the clock on the wall] ten seconds someone will be delivering us our drinks and first course." Kara eyed him suspiciously, and looked towards the door. Sure enough, within seconds a chef came in brandishing a dark wine and a plate of various cheeses and small fruits, as well as bread and a pitcher of water.

Kara's eyes widened in delight, and she laughed when she saw a tiny stack of Keebler crackers next to the bread. The chef disappeared as quickly as he came without a word, and Cadogan took in Kara's reactions, filing away every gasp of delight, smile, and fluttering of her eyes in appraisal of his selection. "Cadogan, this is so amazing...I don't know what to say."

"There is no need to say anything Kara, I almost expect that you may not have the chance to speak at all for a while," Cadogan said remembering when she tried to speak with a mouthful of cheese and cracker the first day they met. Kara smiled back at him, then suddenly tilted her head and leered at him with a smirk, "You think you're funny don't you Cadogan?" "If I do say so myself, yes," Cadogan replied with a southern twang. Kara rolled her eyes playfully and tried not to smile. "You're lucky I like you so much Cadogan," Kara said as she turned her attention back to the assortment before her. Cadogan could not contain the beam of delight that shot through him at her words, even though she said them in jest.

He joined her in her indulgence, smiling at all Kara's shocks of pleasure at how some of the fruit was warmed as well as the cheese, while others were cold. Soon enough the plate was empty and strangely enough, the chef appeared to take it away, leaving behind the tiniest cup she had ever seen, it may as well have been a metal candlestick holder. It had a tiny ball of some sort of frozen treat with a miniature spoon sticking out of it. "What is this." "It is sorbet—" Cadogan started only to be stopped short. "Oh! Wow, I have never had such a small sampling before...are you using it to cleanse the palate for the next course?" "Why yes I am," Cadogan said smiling. "For the variety of entrées we will indulge tonight I want to keep it tiny, as it will come between each course."

"How many courses are there Cadogan?" Kara said with a hint of apprehension. "Five." Kara's eyes flew to his face in shock. "Five! Oh my..." {How on earth am I going to do that?} "Don't worry, the size of the courses are just right to allow the perfect feeling of satisfaction. I would never give you so much you would be denied any of my succulent masterpieces." Cadogan flashed a confident smile, making Kara laugh. Just then the chef came in to take away the sorbet and left a plate with a single medium sized romaine lettuce leaf with a floral design of dressing and cut up grape tomato inside the lines of the flower petals, as well as a dusting of parmesan cheese, as if it were snow.

"It is so beautiful, I don't know if I can eat it," Kara said with amazement, causing Cadogan to chuckle. "This is an idea of mine I have been playing with for presentation of our side caesar salad; do you like it?" "I think it is wonderful! Although people will probably have to take a picture first..." Kara trailed off, glancing down at her plate. "Would you like me to take a picture of you with the salad?" Cadogan said with a twitching smile. "You know, just for that, the answer is yes!" Kara said with a laugh, causing Cadogan to shake his head. He took her phone and turned on the flash, taking a picture of a laughing Kara with her...salad. "This is going on facebook tonight, and everyone will be asking for it tomorrow!" Kara said with a laugh.

"Well then I suppose it is a good idea I have everyone trained...awaiting your approval," Cadogan said with a serious look on his face. Kara tilted her head and gave a side smile of disbelief, but stopped smiling when Cadogan gave no indication he was joking. "Are you serious?" "Why yes I am...I trust anything you find desirable will be to my future advantage to give." Kara blushed, wanting to object and say he must have already had it ready to go since the staff was trained, but let it go, allowing the compliment to wash over her.

As she ate, she couldn't help but feel a tinge of awkwardness set in {What on earth do we talk about now?}. Cadogan watched her eat and tried to keep his mind from wondering, to just experience the moment. However a silence was developing and he kept opening his mouth with the intent of saying something, yet nothing came. Kara suddenly looked up and caught him with his mouth open, and flattened her lips together as someone does when they see something embarrassing happen. Cadogan started laughing, and Kara joined suit, giving him a knowing look that she too was unsure about this new terrain.

The light flickered on her necklace as she was laughing, and Cadogan saw his in "Your necklace is beautiful, what is it?" Kara looked down and smiled. "Claire took me to this woman in the mall, and she made it to match the dress. I asked her how, but she would not relinquish details..." Kara looked up at him. "You know, when I was a child I used to collect stones, geodes, minerals...I still have them, even made jewelry out of them for a time." Kara paused, seemingly caught in her thoughts.

"So you like natural minerals for jewelry?" Cadogan asked. Kara smiled, blushing. "Yes, actually hematite is my favorite stone, something about black silver that is not quite gray...though I may have given away tonight that gray is my favorite color." Kara gestured to herself and laughed. Cadogan smiled and made a face "Nah, it isn't obvious at all." He winked, and Kara burst out laughing again. Just then, someone came to bring the miniature sorbet, and take away the salad.

As Kara ate it, she closed her eyes briefly as if to savor the sweet treat, and slowly pulled the spoon down, catching her bottom lip. As Cadogan watched, his cock stiffened in his pants {She will be the death of me..}. Kara quickly licked her lips and opened her eyes to Cadogan's stare, and blushed scarlet. Luckily the next course came out, a teacup of creamy soup. Kara couldn't place the smell right away, and as her brows drew together, Cadogan felt a flush of heat worrying she would not like it.

Kara brought a spoonful to her lips and Cadogan felt as if he were on the edge of a precipice, ready to fall. As Kara tasted it, her lips began to smile, and she moaned "Oh my what is this?" Cadogan breathed a sigh of relief. "It is my take on lobster bisque, but with a little twist—truffles."

"But it is so smooth! Where is the lobster?" Kara excitedly replied, her eyes glistening with mischief. Cadogan smirked, and ducked his head down as if he were telling a secret though there was no one near them: "We have got some serious blenders in the kitchen, practically pulverizes anything in its path...not even sure blending is the right word anymore, but liquefying sounds too mechanical." Cadogan wrinkled his nose, and Kara giggled. She continued to take the last spoonfuls of the small serving, and looked down at the empty cup with a disheartened face. She glanced at Cadogan, then back to her bowl, then looked around and looked back to her bowl again, as if deliberating.

{Fuck propriety} Kara picked up the teacup, and with her finger scooped out anything left in the bowl and sucked her finger clean, gently setting the cup back down. Cadogan wanted to laugh at her antics but it caught in his throat watching her lick her finger clean, having a flashback to {Yesterday? Was it really yesterday that her lips were..} once again Cadogan's cock hardened, and he drew a shaky breath, trying to master his baser impulses. Kara met his gaze, and began to worry her lip at the lust she saw there.

Once again, they were interrupted by the clearing of their plates and serving of sorbet. This time Kara ate the tiny serving all at once, and quickly set the tiny spoon down, feeling flushed herself at the sexual tension between them. This time Kara was want to begin the conversation, and clear the air a little. "So you say you spent your summers at your grandparent's farm, and you have an older brother; what about the rest of your childhood?—Any other siblings?"

Cadogan took a sip of his wine and smiled. "Yes, I spent some of my childhood in Montana, before my family was relocated to the city here, and my parents had the sense to send me back to the country every summer so I would 'remember my roots'. At first I was happy about it, but as time went on and girls started to exist—I may have been just a little bit of a hellion about it." Kara's eyes widened "No, not you?"

Cadogan made a face and sucked in his breath "Yeah, have to admit it...but my grandma got sick and I wised up pretty quickly." Kara's face suddenly changed to a deep worry, and Cadogan waved his hand. "Oh, she is fine; but it was touch and go for a while." I have no other siblings besides my brother, and my parents—well they are a little estranged, but mostly because they travel quite often now that they have retired."

"What about your brother?" Cadogan looked at Kara and sighed "Well, he lives relatively close, but we don't really see each other except holidays...we kinda had a falling out so to speak a while back and still haven't figured it out yet." Cadogan looked down, and Kara reached out and took hold of his hand. Cadogan looked up and she gave him a smile full of warmth and understanding. Cadogan half smiled, and took her hand, kissing her knuckles. As he set her hand down, he saw the ring "Hey hey what's this?" Kara blushed, and took in a breath "Claire got it for me today, she uh...is really excited for me to be going out on a date..."

Cadogan tilted his head and raised his eyebrows "So this is a date?" Kara gasped and locked eyes with him, shell shocked. {Well, no sense in going back now..} Kara took in a deep breath "Yes, I suppose it is." Cadogan flashed a brilliant smile, making Kara smile too. {He looks like the cat that ate the cream—} Kara bit her lip at the innuendo, and a flash of heat ripped through her straight to pool between her thighs, but she was spared by the next course being brought to the table. Cadogan begrudgingly let go of her hand as a slightly larger portion of food was served, signifying the main course.

Kara's eyes widened in delight "Ooh, what is this?" "Well, it is my take on Steak Diane, I remember how much you seem to like gravy..." Kara laughed. "Yes, indeed I do!" They both ate in silence, every now and then catching each other's glances and smiling to themselves. As Kara set her fork down, she looked up and clasped her hands together. "So, what was the moment you knew you wanted to become a chef?"

Cadogan tilted his head and pursed his lips to the side, and was silent in thought for a moment. "It was probably the summer my Grams got sick. My Pa was too busy keeping up with the farm, and my older brother stuck around him to help and keep him company, and I stayed by Grams' side. The meals were notably different, and I found out that neighbors had been helping by delivering meals. So, I picked up a couple dusty old cookbooks and started reading trying to see if there was anything I could do."

"Naturally my first creation was a disaster, I tried my hand at spaghetti but the meat I cooked was so overdone no amount of sauce helped!" They both laughed. "But I kept trying, and sought my Grams' input frequently, and eventually I was making pretty passable meals...and I started to really enjoy it." Cadogan rested his chin on his hands "So tell me, do you cook?"

Kara smiled as she took in a breath "Yes...I do enjoy cooking, but I love baking even more. When I was younger, I decorated cakes as a hobby." Cadogan gasped in surprise "Really?" Kara laughed, "Yes, I became quite good, but I have the patience to accomplish any task...though it takes me longer. I never got to the point where I became efficient enough to do anything with it, you know?"

"Ah. Well, now I will definitely be getting your opinion on dessert." Kara squinted "So you prepared a cake for dessert tonight?" Cadogan smiled as the sorbet was brought to the table "You'll see." Kara made a face and ate the sorbet, which was taken away quickly. The dessert was brought out right after, and set down between them to share. It appeared to be a small circle cake, and to have a white shell with a single flower on top of it. Kara looked up at Cadogan "Simple, yet beautiful" she remarked. As she took her fork to cut off a piece, she realized the shell was a thin layer of white chocolate, and there was frosting underneath. The cake itself seemed to be fluffy, yet visually it was clearly moist and rich.

Kara raised an eyebrow at Cadogan as she took a bite. Nothing could have stopped the moan that left her lips at the first taste. Cadogan watched her close her eyes and moan, and right after—"Cadogan"—his name tumbled from her lips, and Cadogan felt fire run through his veins, and his cock swell nearly painfully. He closed his eyes at the sensation, {Oh Fuck} successfully gaining control before he came in his pants like some untried youth. Kara's voice brought him back to reality, "This—this is...what...is it cake? The texture is almost cake but...it almost tastes like cheesecake!" Kara was dumbfounded, and struggling to process the explosion on her tongue. She looked at Cadogan, and blushed as a heat wave came over her—seeing the look of rapture on his face and the dilation of his eyes as he looked at her.

12