All Comments on 'If You Want To Be Happy'

by BillandKate

Sort by:
  • 99 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Left a sour taste in my mouth

The first marriage just destroyed the whole story. I didn't give a shit after that.

artykay63artykay63almost 8 years ago
nice tension build

I liked it very much. You painted a realistic picture and covered his insecurity really well. Thanks for the read.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 8 years ago
Quite good actually

I was on tenterhooks for the full story, wondering when it was going to happen, but in the end love won out. Well played, well played. 5*

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
Face value

Well , almost had me there. Or did you ? lol

I still might do a DNA test on the first born. With the monetary situation , the thought of being the families main breadwinner could have put a lot of pressure on Tess.

Or maybe I've been reading stories in this category too long.

B&K , your stock is certainly on the rise . If I were truly rating this, it would be around the 4.3 range , so on the curve

4*'s

SharedSigneSharedSignealmost 8 years ago
A good story, well written, 5*

I had to laugh and suspend disbelief at the beginning when you wrote about the happy amicable divorce. Does this ever happen in real life? But hey, it's just a story and a good one, so who cares if it really happened this way. It was a happy, positive, cheerful story. I'm so glad you didn't have Tess cheat and then hubby go ballistic on her. Everything about that as an ending would have made me hate myself for having read it. Well done, write more please. I do believe people can have a happy, monogamous, marriage, remaining faithful to each other. Not sure how often it happens but it's nice to read about.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I kept waiting for something to happen.

Nothing did.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
yep

i would get a DNA test done. something is not right.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 8 years ago
****

Seems well written but I just could not seem to get into this. Felt kind of, dull.

mike9698mike9698almost 8 years ago
Once again

Have any authors on here ever heard of a H.R. Dept. Every comp. I've ever worked for wouldn't put up with this shit. Do agree with other comments, this was boring. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
It was OK, but not very well played.

There were some odd reveals that you should reconsider.

His brain cells shut down when he got angry? That's the opposite of how an intelligent mind works. Does your brain work like that?

Businesses of almost any size are awash in sexual harassment training and policies. His wife being a manager would have even more training and experience. So the whole ploy of two different superiors getting away with sexual harassment is unbelievable. The wife would have set one or both up with a micro recording device and she and her husband would have laughed all the way to the bank.

All good marriages are based on respect and friendship, plus love and romance. But the respect and friendship come first. So the idea that he married his best friend, sired a daughter with her, and then they both just casually ended their daughter's family is absurd. Once the daughter was born their personal lives become secondary. If the marriage was acrimonious or toxic then it would actually be healthy to divorce and give the child a peaceful loving home. But in your story they ended her peaceful loving home so that the wife could pursue the CHANCE that she had found, a what, better husband? So when does this wife stop looking for "better" husbands? And she must have started looking from day one of her first marriage. That is not the actions of a best friend and a moral ethical person. I appreciate the effort, but it is an absurd concept. Why not just go the polyamory route and let the new fuck buddy move in?

Hell, based on your ending they could still make that arrangement. And given how much fucking he and his first wife engaged in, I would keep a real close eye on his second wife and his ex-wife's husband who lives just four houses down. Now there's an idea or a sequel! You're welcome.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 8 years ago
LW?

Where is the adventurous wife???

Looks like Romance to me!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Ducked major ass

Never write again . You suck at it .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Lit? Erotica?

The alleged 'erotic' parts weren't very erotic, and all the work-related exposition was definitely NOT literary! This story is only for those people who get erections or get wet from reading "BusinessWeek" magazine.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
It was a good story

Those annoy naysayers really are something else. He writes a good story for us to read and there is always a sicko to trash him. To many in this world.

bruce22bruce22almost 8 years ago
Pleasant Romantic Tale

Putting it LW allowed you to maintain out tension from beginning to end. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
No real point to the story wast of my time

Shitty

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Bill and Kate did good

I like the story. Good read. I was waiting for the shoe to drop, but it never did. lol

Entertaining read and that's all that counts. (signed ML) 5*

BriteaseBriteasealmost 8 years ago
5 stars

ignore the idiots

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 8 years ago
Boring!

I have to agree with other comments. There was no spark to this story. Very little suspense and very little erotica. If you just want to read about people struggling against the day to day stress and somehow coming out OK then this is your story. But all the major issues were so fortuitous: his super-amicable break-up with his first wife. The super job coming just when wife gets pregnant and quits her job and his ex-wife's husband gets a job so they can all live around the corner from each other a thousand miles away.. I know this is supposed to be fantasy, but somewhere within reason, please.

SharedSigneSharedSignealmost 8 years ago
re It was OK, but ..

You're right, intelligent minds don't shut down when they get angry, but the person or persons who post anonymous rants for most LW stories (maybe you) is obviously very angry about something in his personal life and, judging by his comments, is not very intelligent either. I didn't think the protagonist of this story was very intelligent so it seemed natural that his brain shut down when he got angry. To me, the moral of this good story is, even stupid people can find happiness. I like that. Not everyone can be a genius. You should know. As for the rest of your rant, I'm so unimpressed that you wasted so much energy attempting to rewrite a good story into silly drivel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

Vote 1* for 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐔𝐌𝐁 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐄™ aka WHOREDSigne!

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
RE: I was waiting for the shoe to drop, but it never did

So was I, Anonymous. It was a reason to keep reading the story. I found it to be well-written, so it was easy to keep going to the end.

I also agree with Signe. The highly rational discussion to end the first marriage could occur, but it would take an unusual couple to do it, so that required suspension of disbelief. And then the happy marriage afterward despite the challenges was nice.

And finally, what Britease said.

Lue

yuriraviyuriravialmost 8 years ago

Nice crecendo, but nothing should happen if there is a true relationship.

impo_61impo_61almost 8 years ago
I like your stories @BillandKate...and this wasn't an exception...

I like your stories @BillandKate...and this wasn't an exception...Easy to read, with us always waiting for some drama, but even with some weak points a very good one...4*

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 8 years ago
not impossible

Neither Sandy or John was in love with the other.

They were best friends that accidentally had a child together.

They stayed together to raise their daughter, not to prevent the other from finding love or happiness.

They both had enough honor and honesty to separate and divorce before having sex with anyone else.

They both cared enough to let the other have happiness and love.

That is how you treat a best friend.

Unfortunately all too rare in life.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 8 years ago
Good story

I loved reading a good relationship tale. But, I think this one belonged in romance.

Thanks for sharing your effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
zoo in Austin?

no zoo in Austin, Tx

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 8 years ago
There is a zoo

In Austin. It just sucks. Trust me, I live here. Austinzoo.org

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Tess Did 'Fess, But Don't Guess, Get The Test Before A Mess

For a wife not to tell her husband that she is being harrassed sexually is a huge mistake and shows lack of trust. However, Tess did come clean...somewhat. It seems that it took some pointed questions to finally get something out of her.

The "I can handle it" famous last words ain't what any hubby with two balls between his legs wants to hear.

She's a big girl, so she can handle it, right? Not.

I don't blame hubby one bit for puttin' his guy on her. This girl liked to fuck, and probably everything else, too. So why not bust her boss's nut once a month or so? One little twist of her hips and he'd be all over the place :))

The point is that she seems a little too good at the carnal arts, despite her nun-like past.

Hubby would be a fool thrice over for not doing a DNA test on the offspring. Better safe than sorry!

The one thing that rings the alarm bells for me, though, is that her palpable ambition doesn't quite fit with her throwing in the towel so easily on her career. If she DID take the boss's meatpole a few times you can see her wanting to get outa Dodge like she did. Just a thought :))

At any rate, there was definitely some friction here, just not quite enough for the sake of interest.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Excellent but I also see something wrong with how easily she agreed to quit and move after being a high powered professional. We all must trust but the cheating rate is so high it's hard to believe when people are put in a position often to cheat. People who travel often for work are in even a higher percentage of cheating. I can't even begin to tell you how many married and single guys I know that are fucking married woman from the area. It's nauseating because a couple of them that I know walk around and talk like they are the happiest couple in the world. Unfortunately I know the guys that fucks her up the ass and shoots loads on her face. He loves to smack her face with his dick and talk bad about hubby while he fucks her. He's showed pictures of his Dickinson her ass , pussy and mouth but always blocking her face. It's sad because people say how happy they are and all married couples should be like them , if they only knew. So you never know

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Thoughts

"What had been an active, energetic sex life became once a week on Saturdays" - Why doesn't she nap in the evening, then they romp when he gets home?

"I asked her more than once what was troubling her, but either she didn't want to burden me with her problems or she was hiding something." - Why won't these "loving wives" trust their husbands enough to tell them their problems?

"John, please let me handle this, I'm a big girl. I know you saved me from that scumbag in Denver, but I've learned my lesson and I need you to trust me." - So HANDLE it! "it wasn't uncommon for the bank to have a lawsuit going at any given time with the claim of sexual harassment against some manager."? So why doesn't SHE make a claim?

I'd still do a paternity test.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Enjoyable and almost tragic....

...at the same time.

Many have been betrayed and many others are recovering cheaters. We've become so mistrusting and so jaded that we can't believe that a woman has any integrity, loyalty or honor, if she's in an important corporate job.

My sister in law was a high-powered technical exec for a large American copier company when she met and married my brother. He was a tech rep in another part of the country. They met at my 35th birthday party and really connected. Over the next several months they corresponded via mail and talked every night on the phone. Eventually they met in the middle and got engaged that week. He quit his job to move to her town. They bought a house and he started a business that today is very successful.

4 years ago, she came home grumpy and complained about having to take a trip. The trip wasn't the problem. The man she had to travel with was. My brother offered to "bust 'im up", but she asked him to let her handle it. She did. He hit on her constantly and she warned him it could get ugly. He tried to get her drunk and take her to his room. She wasn't drinking near as much as he thought and slapped him when he grabbed her arm to 'help her to his room' that he hit the floor and fell on his face, earning hi,self a nosebleed. She filed a complaint and he was fired the following Monday. So. She's a stunner and she's got her man and is as committed to him as he is to her.

Not sexually exciting, but a damn sight easier on people's hearts and lives.

I just wish my wife, who I thought was beautiful (just not Amanda Crew beautiful) had been so honorable....{sigh}.

carvohicarvohialmost 8 years ago
Oh come on...

First I'm with Brit Tease.

Now my comments:

1. There was some redundancy in some of the sentences. Check the beginning where she's a branch manager at a branch bank. No big deal really. Maybe if you'd put the story aside for a few days then read it again...

2. The thing with the dildo didn't work for me.

3. The first marriage was a more common occurrence after WW2.

4. About the Irish woman thing; my first and only wife is Irish so my personal observations are limited. However, while she's gorgeous I'm not much. I do recall when I first got interested in the LW thing it was when I was reading about the Paula Broadwell-David Patraeus scandal. I asked my wife if she'd ever thought about anything like that. She told me since we got married she'd never even looked at another man. She had all she wanted. It was gratifying.

5. In that same context. When the British kept sending armies over to Ireland to quell the troubles the armies they sent just kept melting away. Seems these pretty girls just had a way...

I gave this a five. Melodrama? There was a little, but who needs all the angst and suffering in every story?

Stay with the program.

Jedd Clampett

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 8 years ago

Strange that he didn't wonder whether the child was his, after all a few paragraphs before the author wrote "I hope nothing happened this last trip", creating a seed of mistrust.

xtchrxtchrover 7 years ago
What, No Cheating!

Wow, a story without cheating. I enjoyed the story without the cheating. Honestly, As I read, I kept waiting for her to cheat but was so glad when she didn't. It is so refreshing to read about a wife who is not a cheater But a real, live, and loving wife.

Thank you for a very entertaining and refreshing tale.

(PS, I think I would still get a DNA test on the kids.)

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 7 years ago
Trust but verify.

This guy needs to get a paternity test run ASAP...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved it

So nice to read a story without cheating. I know some people think he needs to get a DNA test but I don't because she is totally committed to her husband and marriage. Please write more like this. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
hey stupid

Anony, if you don't like this authors stories---gee stupid, no one is making you read them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good story @ BillandKate

Great writing! You proved a story doesn't always have to be about a crazy cheating wife to be be sexy. You had drama and suspense, and you took us to the cliff. I think this is your best story. This is sexy! This story shows the sexy side of marriage. You hit on things most writers miss about marriage. I loved how she called her husband when she figured out Jr. Set everything up for the convention, and how they worked together. So many great pointsite in this story. The best story I have read in a long time!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WTF!

"Someday maybe, if you're still with me when we're old and gray – until then a girl's got to keep a little mystery." I don't believe she said this, knowing what he went through during his first marriage.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 7 years ago
Not too shabby

A good story that seemed to have holes in it regarding what happened and why. This is probably just my own reaction to it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another okay story with some holes

. I enjoy your writing. Your stories are really entertaining and that's the main thing I want to say about them. But I would like to add some constructive criticism.

- First, no husband who is in love with his wife would agree with what Sandy proposed without a fight. He obviously didn't love her either. At least not enough.

- Second, Tess was a flirt and considering his story she was at least thoughtless with his feelings. Actions speak louder than words, and her actions were not good.

- Wives should not hold secrets to their husbands.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
This rhymes

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life

And you make a pretty woman your wife

Make sure her beauty goes all the way through

Before you get that pretty girl to marry you

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 7 years agoAuthor
To the last Anonymous - Thanks for a Great Poem

Much better than mine - thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Two Stars

I couldn't get past the first page. What garbage!

fisheronefisheroneover 6 years ago
Skating on ice

I sm glad she held off bosd and love triumphs. My concern is her having alcohol with her supervision out of town. Also not sharing her problems with husband . Great ending but there needs to be open communication. It almost destroyed trust .

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 6 years ago
filth

for the sake of a creating out-of-the-ordinary man you un-manned the man and still call him and project him as a man, with a god complex. Sadomasochist, that's the the loser is. Fuck this. Fuck this story. This is demented and downright filth. A woman who doesn't love but has a baby and marries another guy and this guy gives her away. Shit, are you for real? Remember, Jesus was a angry man, too. Demented drivel.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 6 years ago
Interesting to me

Maybe a bit more melodrama than a drama and a case could be made for a 'Romance' story as opposed to 'Loving Wives' but I liked it. Interesting characters and a well-told story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Re-Reading

A navel piercing, Chinese tattoo and shaved pubes, not exactly unusual in 2016!

"I went on the pill last month anticipating this" - Unless there's a medical issue, aren't most adult women routinely on birth control?

"her outgoing, friendly personality is often misinterpreted by the hounds as flirting or availability" - I find it hard to believe that at twenty-eight she's that naive that she doesn't see how her friendliness can be misinterpreted. In any case, he should point that out to her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Enjoyable.

Britease/Carvohi said it for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
NICE STORY,

QUITE ENJOYABLE, MY ONLY PROBLEM IS WITH CERTAIN COMMENTERS,FUNNY HOW THOSE CONCERNED HAVE NEVER EVER ATTEMPTED TO WRITE BUGGER ALL THEMSELVES (and I’ve checked) ,KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ALLOWING SOME MISERABLE FUCKS TO HAVE A FREE READ, JUST 5*****.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
You sure don't know much about Irish men!

They are mom's boys so they don't get married until they reach their 40's, lol!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story!

Five stars in my book. Keep up the great work.

dunmovynivdunmovynivabout 6 years ago
get educated

" I knew that if his cock was in me that it would reach all the way to my cervix, then with just a little effort he would push through and plant his seed inside my womb. Would you be mad if I did that, would you have to reclaim your wife? Do you think your seed would beat out his to my ovaries?" "

Well if you are going to write sex stories, get some sex education. This is so far away from the truth it's obscene.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Whose

Whose baby was it?his or Haynes.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
As always

As always, I enjoy the BillandKate stories. This one was very good. Keep writing, I will keep reading.

William_LinesWilliam_Linesover 5 years ago
Outstanding story.

This was a a feel good story without a cheating wife.

Billy Lines

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Don’t believe her

I think something did happen

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
Another Great Story

This story has the two things that give me a satisfied feeling at the end. First, it's a happy ending, or at least a good ending for everyone involved. That doesn't mean the couple reconcile, but that even if they divorce they each find redemption and are able to move on in the end (unless one was a complete piece of shit).

Now one could get that all kinds of stories, but the reason I seem to read these LW stories is the betrayal aspect. I think Matt Mareau and DtIverson do that part the best. But what was cool about this story is that you had the potential burn or betrayal element hanging nearby throughout the story (with both women) without it actually happening. Just the potential was enough burn and I was happy that both had true love and survived his economic struggles together.

Maybe this story should have been called Truth going along with Tess' tattoo. Because being honest with oneself is a huge part of this story, as it was how the MC handled Sandy's revelation about Roger. What a lot of men would have done confronted with that, even if they realized their marriage was one of convenience for the sake of the child, is gone bonkers because of their ego, and because they were the ones that were going to be left behind. After all he realized what he had was not the ideal, but what he was going to be left with was less than what he had. And Sandy was going to be gaining. So the ego, competitive side, and not wanting to be left behind would have come out. However, the MC was able to be honest with himself what that relationship was and was not. Because of that he was able to maintain a beautiful long term relationship (with Sandy), and more importantly a healthy relationship with her daughter. Being honest with oneself is one of the hardest things in life, but it is the only route to any kind of success.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Corny americana...

to my taste, at least.

But keep writng - you'll find lots of likes. Taste has no definition.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 4 years ago
Lovely story

Unexpectedly pleasant and decent ending

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Second time

Love this story again,nothing to dislike. These ignorant annonys with their comments that it may be Hayes' baby. Did these fools even read the story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I AM A ROBOT!

When you wrote the following:

"John, I've met a man and things are starting to get serious. So far we've only had coffee and lunches together, but I think I've met my soulmate. You and I always knew we weren't in love like we hoped; do you still feel the same?"

I sat on the couch looking at Sandy, my best friend and mother of my daughter. "Sandy, no, I haven't changed. I still love you like a friend and I'm happy we've been able to share our lives and Robin, but I always hoped you'd have it all. Where do we go from here?"

I stopped reading. You can't write credibly when you treat your characters like they're machines.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Beautiful

Yea hell it's somewhat korney, but its a good story. I give it a five and I get so damn tired of reading about all the cuckold shit on lit. This is like a breath of fresh air after stepping out of an out-house of cuck stories.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 4 years ago
Point of View (POV)

The very thing this dickhead John was accusing Tess of doing, he was doing in spades. He was running around behind Tess's back, meeting with his ex-wife and her husband, arranging for the new husband to interview and accept a new job requiring travel to another city... and he is suspicious of his wife and what she is doing!

The great manipulator at work. He kept it all from his wife, just like she kept the pregnancy from him. He is a controlling arsehole who couldn't stand being second to his wife in earnings. It all depends on your POV, doesn't it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Lenard you are out there

Like seriously, you are out there

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
Thanks Again

After reading the preface on one of your stories I decided to read the comments on this one. Wow!! You're right. Some of the comments are out there. I thought this was a great story. I can see the first marriage ending like it did. Some people just aren't meant to be married. His second marriage was to a totally faithful loving wife. Semper Fi!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I Think I Prefer

Dr. Hook's "When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman" better, it's not perfect in this situation but it's close enough considering he did hire a pro to keep an eye on her. Besides, I bought the vinyl just for that tune.

Don't know about Irish women even though I'm 1/4 Irish but I did learn a lot about some Catholic girls and women when I was younger. There is just something about being able to take one to places on Friday and Saturday nights like a drive-in (we had two), sow all of those wild oats, ignore the edict about not using birth control, go to confession on Sunday morning to wipe the slate clean then go out to screw their boyfriend's brains out all over again. Not bad at all for a boy raised Baptist. Those Catholic school girl outfits ranked right in there with the naughty librarians and the French maids.

A good story but damn it, it was just too damned civilized and happy, in short a Hallmark movie. Signed: BTW

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Thank you! 5*****

I do like a story about a good and faithful wife. There are plenty out there and they need to be celebrated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Irish methodists

No sex before marriage as it could lead to dancing

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pretty Woman

If you marry someone who you THINK is NOT beautiful, how do you convince her she is lovely to you? That's a tall order. Women see through lies, or prevarications. If you have to talk yourself into believing she's beautiful, you'll fail. Women are like LIE DETECTORS!

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

Wonderful love story. I always love when a married couple respect their wedding vows and have that happily ever after. Well done 6 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
"LOVE IS A MANY SPLENDORED THING"

I wish I'd been as lucky as this guy was. I got two lemons who constantly complained that I was oversexed and then cheated on me. After I dumped their asses, I got even with both of them by fucking their sisters.

francemanfrancemanabout 3 years ago

Some say living a good life is the best revenge. 👍thanks for thé story

norcal62norcal62about 3 years ago

The reality of life in your stories makes them enjoyable. Not just a fantasy ginned up for a tale.

Good one here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wimp husband should have had a DNA test on 'his' kid

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesalmost 3 years ago

Not a lot of drama, but an enjoyable read.

BeauReadyBeauReadyover 2 years ago
... The Rest of the Story

... the husband has been cuckolded - the "son" is not his, it's a bastard of Haynes. His wife, with "truth" inked on her body, has lied and failed to tell him of her affair with and impregnation by her supervisor.

Now that little tidbit makes the story. You're welcome. Learn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

RE: BeauReady. When you write your own story you can structure reality anyway you see fit. Bloody handed vengeance, Saintly forgiveness, or anything in between. However, you didn't write this story. This tale doesn't have a cheating wife, so your sour comment is irrelevant. You're welcome. Learn. PS. In the immortal words of Dr. Evil "Zip it!"

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Great story. You have to love a real Loving Wife.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Why

Why did he give Sandy away when her father was still alive?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Nitpic

Hello Nitpic. Your question of why John gave away Sandy when her father is alive valid, but the answer is relatively simple. While having the bride's father give her away is traditional, she can bestow the honor to whomever she wants.

But, I think the authors had another reason. Sandy's father had the honor when he gave her to John. (not stated, but could be assumed). So since she was given to John, it was up to him to give her to Roger. Considering John willingly gave up Sandy so she could marry her soulmate, it's actually a wonderful gesture for her to have John walk her down the aisle.

*** Before I get eaten alive by the ladies, I don't believe a woman is a possession to be passed around. I just used the term since it was used in the story. As I inferred before, Sandy could choose anyone to escort her down the aisle and frankly she could have no one escort her. Her life, her values, her choice. ***

BillandKateBillandKateover 2 years agoAuthor

Our thanks to the anonymous commentor for answering Nitpic's question as to why John gave Sandy away. Kate thought this gesture on Sandy's part signaled to her new husband that John approved of the marriage and would support it since John and Sandy would always share a child.

Yes, we knew people would question the arrangement and claim it's unrealistic. But, as with many of our stories, we tried to write characters that behave in the face of adversity. As other authors state - it's our universe and we'll write the way we think it should be.

Omart57Omart57over 2 years ago

Loved this one, BillandKate! Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A real love story . Finally a women who doesn’t succumb to pressure or temptations. A happy tale and ending

ProfesseurXProfesseurXabout 2 years ago

I don't think I read this one before.

Pretty good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The song is called “If You Want to be Happy” sung by Jimmy Soul

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice story but i find the mcs first marriage and the way it ended very unrealistic. It could happen but not very plausible

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Well written. I don't really see how the dissolution of the first marriage took place and everyone became best pals. That doesn't seem realistic. Just the impact on their daughter is a big deal. And the no feelings of love whatsoever after 6 years of marriage seems odd. Eve arranged marriages don't dissolve like that. Test of it was good. Tess was a keeper. She should have told her husband about the asshole boss though. Glad he scared a bit of sense into her regarding potential rape by liquor or drugs. Good ending.

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961over 1 year ago

I know some divorced people. there is one couple like you described the others have a great deal of acrimony between them. One couple are still great friends and even socialize with each other and the new partners. All thing remain possible in fiction. Some even mirror real life. remember even the most unbelievable is still possible.

By the way the couple I know live in Texas now. kudos on a great story. Nice to get a true LW story from you guys...KUDOS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Disappointed they didn't sue Hayes and her bank. No justice.

davezqdavezqabout 1 year ago

Refreshing variation on all the revenge-BTB stories in this category. Both members of the couple actively defended their vows—the guy with CEO Jr, the girl with Haynes. I think they’re going to go the distance.

James G 5James G 5about 1 year ago

This is really well written. Believable characters, decent folks as the mains. Nice!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Umm file for sexual harassment. I am sure a good PI can dig up witnesses at the hotels, restaurants and conferences. The pig probably tried every Atlanta trip after the first couple. It would at least besmirch the guy's reputation.

NicealloverNiceallover4 months ago

Unfortunately this is all too common an occurrence even in today’s world. I am relieved to see the story end happily with the woman not giving up her chastity.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Outstanding story!! It is so refreshing so read a story with a beautiful wife who not only deeply respects her wedding vows but is not tempted because she and her husband work to have that tip of marriage! I can appreciate a the jealous streak o and a little insecurity. This still allowed for some tension on the story but was always used to reaffirm the wife’s rock solid commitment. Again refreshing!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBillandKate@BillandKate
Husband and wife who love to bounce ideas off each other and who enjoy the Loving Wives category of Literotica. We'll keep writing stories - some with BTB, some with reconciliation - as long as the feedback has been mostly positive. The Anom. gallery can be a pain in the ass a...