All Comments on 'Imagination for Dummies'

by Lucifer_Carroll

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
Joseki KoJoseki Koalmost 20 years ago
Not including "Pron"

Hey Lucifer, this was a fun read although I'm really not sure what Pron was :-] I liked the part about quirk's I'll have to read some more of your stuff. Have fun

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Real real characters

It's more than just the sex, so make real characters... the same as porno characters but with different size dicks and boobs? How about real real characters who like ikebana and Gaelic football and architecture and meringues and grey mohair, who have lives and jobs and magazines and bicycles and pet fish and glasses and essays to write and marbles in a dish and a well-thumbed volume of Byron and a wuukiee on their key fob, who sing in the choir and cruise cowboy movie websites and do the crossword and...?

Cherry_RevolutionCherry_Revolutionalmost 20 years ago
but I LIKE bad 80s porn!

But I LIKE bad 80s porn! Seriously, this little essay has helped me see why my characters sound so idiotic ten minutes after I've written about them. I hope I can incorporate your sound insights into my writing. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Thank you for the positive suggestions

Thank you for your positive suggestions.

I have been reading Literotica for some time, and have started to assemble a story.

Your suggestions are excellent and I really appreciate the points you made.

There is nothing better than to have someone who has written some stories to offer help and suggestions.

You will follow up with more pointers, won't you.

Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
The only stuff worse than bad 80's porn

The only stuff worse than bad 80's porn is the pretentious attempts at erotica, literature, and whatever other precious offerings amateur writers post here. Professional hack writers can bang out better stuff than this in a fraction of the time. This goes for your "how to" essay as well!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
80w Porn

I don't know why, but current porn sucks. 70s and 80s was much better. Real women.

herecomestherainherecomestherainalmost 20 years ago
Well done

I enjoyed your article very much, it's well written, there's plenty of useful information as well as lots of good tips to avoid some of the pitfalls of erotica writing. Thanks.

JayLikestoReadJayLikestoReadover 16 years ago
Following up on size

Excellent! I would add the following concerning dick and tit size: A ten-inch dick and a 48F bust are (barely) credible, but knowing the measurements on sight is not!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice advice! This should be required reading forall Literotica readers who either write now or are planning to write.

Your listing of authors is particularly good. These are all people who can TELL A STORY. Which is what everybody reading your article wants to do. Thanks.

Client8Client8almost 3 years ago

Believe it or not my college actually sponsored 80s skin flix, as they were referred to in the day. They were terrible. Always featured the same jerk male "actors" with big hairy shlongs giving it to big haired twiggy teens. Always involved looped shots an inch away from the penetration site. Even a horndog male like myself found it pointless, even girl-girl. Dialog was ad lib. Could imagine how good that was. So, an 80s porn script was maybe 1 page per 1/2 hour edited footage.

I think no matter how its sliced, erotica goes only so deep into character development. If it does its just "soft core." My style has always been to throw in some good sexy humorous pre sex banter then let loose on graphics. There are plenty of titillating "romance" stories, some classics. But erotica needs a bit of nasty to keep it readable, characters with depth or not.

DarkAurther6969DarkAurther6969about 2 years ago

Finally some one gets it, I personally Gravitates those Down To Earth Stories that have more than just Sex in it. In fact those stories the the Booster Rocket Sized Cocks and 'N' Sized Breasts and Pussies so Tight you would wonder how Pee comes out of it etc.... are really turn off's for me Personally. For me it like Watching an action movie I don't know about you but I would Prefer my Action Movies being more than just the Car Chase Shoot Out Scene. And that is why In My Personal Stories I Use Sex or any Erotic Scenes more as a Scene or just a Brief thing that happens Rather than the Story itself, just like in Action Movies as I have just Mentioned. Much Like how a sex Scene in an Action Movie only lasts for only a short time, even The Fifty Shades Films Don't Spend the Entire Run Time on The BDSM Scenes, In Fact the BDSM Scenes are Done In Brief Montages Compared to the Res of the Film.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous