Imogen's Gift

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know, I can feel your gift to me and I'm returning the favour, my unconditional love, and my promise to make what time we have together the happiest time of your life."

"Mmmm, that's what I wanted to hear." She nuzzled my neck. "If I die tomorrow I will have known true happiness."

"But you're not going to die tomorrow and your happiness will grow with each day, that much I promise you."

I felt her tense and a series of spasms coursed through her body. "My pussy has just found true happiness, that's never happened before. Now it's your turn." No sooner had she said that than my cock spurted its load deep inside her.

"Imogen, I've had an idea." It was sometime during the afternoon, in between our love-making, as she lay beside me casually fondling me. "Actually, it's more of a suggestion, would you be offended if I suggested that I provide guitar backing to your singing. I don't mean that you shouldn't play guitar yourself, but I have had a bit of experience."

"I'd love that." Her kiss, combined with her manipulation, had the effect of making him stiff a lot quicker than I'd thought possible. After she'd mounted, she looked me in the face, "I'd have to hear you play and judge for myself just how good you are."

"Of course, but not right now." I pushed up with my hips that brought a soft 'ooh' from her.

An hour later we sat on the edge of her bed and I played her guitar as she sang, I thought we sounded good together, don't get me wrong I was less than perfect, it had been more than a year since I last played in a band. "What do you think? Be gentle with me, I know I wasn't that good."

"I thought it sounded great, the acoustics in this room didn't help much, but with a little practice I think we will be great together. A little more practice in other areas wouldn't hurt either." She took the guitar from me and stood it at the foot of the bed before kissing me with that purpose in mind.

Over the next three weekends I spent my time at her house and we practiced both the professional and personal aspects of our relationship. Both were going quite nicely thank you. At first I sat in her hallway, it had the right acoustics, with headphones on, playing to the tracks of her songs. I had an editing programme on my computer and I was able to overlay my playing over her singing to see what it sounded like. I had to learn to modulate my playing a little better to blend in with her singing, and Imogen suggested some changes, before we were satisfied with our progress.

A month after my first visit we decided that I should move in with her so that we could spend more time together. I took a leave of absence from work so that I could be with her full-time, and slowly we put together twelve songs for an album that I took to my music producer friend. "This is great Simon." Gavin said as the last track faded to a close. "You and Imogen should put this out as soon as possible, the two of you will make a fortune out of this."

"We won't make anything from this."

"What do you mean?" He said.

"We will make nothing. All proceeds from the record sales are to go to a charity that we are setting up called 'Imogen's Gift', the same name we propose to use for the album, and the single from it. Imogen is dying from Leukaemia and hasn't long to live, this charity is to raise money for cancer research. It is Imogen's gift of hope to those cancer sufferers, hope that the money can help find a cure. For her there will be no cure."

"Shit, I'm sorry Mate, I didn't know. Okay, this is my deal to you, both of you, I will arrange for the necessary permissions to use the tracks. I will produce it free of charge. I will arrange for a mate to produce a DVD, hopefully free of charge as well, I will talk to record labels to see if I can get one who's prepared to cover the production and distribution costs, as well as maybe 'iTunes' to see if we can get them to list it."

"I'll have to discuss it with Imogen before I can give you the go-ahead." I dialled her, our, number. "Hi Darling," I noticed Gavin's eyebrow shoot up at that, "I'm with Gavin, he has volunteered to do all the legwork regarding permissions, he's going to arrange for the production of a DVD and will talk to record companies about release and distribution, what do you think?"

"My main concern is that we'll lose control over this whole thing, and I don't want that to happen. Can we have some sort of assurances on that?"

"I'll speak to him about it. Hey, I've just had an idea, I'll have to run it by him, but how would it be if we were to put on a concert for 'CanTeen' and record it for the DVD?" (CanTeen is an Australian charity for young cancer sufferers that provides services such as counselling, and camps, for the young cancer sufferers, as well as to help kids with brothers and sisters and parents suffering from cancer, deal with their life issues.)

"You can leave that part of it to me, I've been with them from the time my mother was diagnosed."

"Imogen wants a guarantee that she doesn't lose creative control of all of this. She's suggested that she gives a concert for CanTeen and the DVD can be a recording of that. What do you think?"

"How soon can she arrange the concert?"

"She'll speak with them and we'll get back to you with a time. One thing, I think that we should start small with this, I don't know what sort of venue we can get, but, because I don't want to put too much pressure on her, I'd prefer something like a venue that holds no more than a couple of hundred people, if the demand's there we can put on more than one show."

"I agree, her music doesn't suit a large venue. When do we start?"

"I thought that we'd already begun."

Things took off with amazing speed. Gavin got the necessary permissions without cost, the copyright holders were only too happy to support us after he explain the situation with Imogen and her illness and the reason for it all. He sent them copies of the twelve songs and were pleased with their comments. His mate had everything organised for the DVD production once the venue was finalised. OriginFM announced the concert over the air and it was picked up by one of the TV News magazine programmes who sent a presenter up to our place to talk to us. Millie Warburton, who apart from appearing on the TV show as a music interviewer, was an announcer with an FM station which broadcast predominately alternative music over a national network. She was so overcome by Imogen's story and her singing that she left us in tears, promising that it would get airplay before the concert.

The response to this was that, because of Imogen's health, we had to limit the number of concerts to five, we could have sold out twice that many if we'd been charging for them, but they were free to cancer kids and their families first, with any remaining seats sold on a strict ration system.

It took us a while to set up the stage of the small hall so that we achieved the right acoustics, we even got a whole bunch of people to sit in the audience so that we could be sure of the effect of a crowd. We had erected a half hexagonal screen, painted in a blue/grey colour, behind where we would be sitting. There was soft backlighting and a filtered spot over Imogen's high stool. I would be sitting a little behind and to one side, just in the wash of the spotlight. Imogen had a mike set up to pick up her acoustic guitar and a voice mike, while I had the single mike on my guitar. We did the final sound and lighting check half an hour before the audience were to arrive, and everyone was satisfied, especially the DVD camera crew. They showed us the playback and Imogen hugged me. "It's perfect, just as I imagined it would be." There were tears in her eyes so I kissed them away.

Our first surprise came just before we were due on stage, I was under the impression that Gavin would do the introductions, at least that's what we had rehearsed, but the Millie who had interviewed us had volunteered her services. The second surprise was the number of people in the audience, the hall was packed with people standing around the walls.

The house lights went down and the stage lights rose. There was an expectant hush. Millie walked on stage to a modest round of applause from the kids in the audience, some of whom listened to her radio programme. "Kids, families of kids, tonight is for you. I recently had the honour to interview Imogen for TV and I was blown away by, not only her talent, but her drive to bring joy and understanding to you. You will have noticed the cameras around the place and out the back there is a sound production team recording tonight for a CD and DVD. All of the proceeds from these will go to a charity called 'Imogen's Gift' that has been set up to help finance cancer research and to support you guys here at CanTeen." This was greeted with loud applause. "Those of you who have been on a desert island for the last couple of months may not be aware that Imogen has leukaemia, and has been given only a few months to live. You kids know what that means, and through CanTeen you know that this isn't the end of the world, some survive and some unfortunately don't, some give in to this illness while others don't. Imogen, I'm happy to say, has not given in, and tonight she is going to share with you her message of hope for the future. Kids, give a great welcome to Imogen Ferrier!"

Imogen walked on stage to a tumultuous welcome, the muted backlighting highlighted her frail body. I slipped in and took my seat as she looked out over the crowd. "Kids, tonight is my gift to you." More noise until she had taken her seat on the stool and waited while I played the intro to 'Help'. I didn't know what it was, but she seemed to lift, her voice took on a strength that hadn't been in it before. It still had the quality that I'd come to love, but it took on a purpose that lifted it. Each song was greeted with applause and the applause as it finished was loud and sustained. What really blew me away, and everyone around us, was her final song, her trademark song, 'I Will Survive', as she reached the final chorus the kids rose and joined in, singing their hearts out. The final 'I Will survive' stopped abruptly as it did on that original YouTube video, and there was a pause for a good thirty seconds before the crowd erupted in louder and more sustained applause.

Imogen held her hand out to me and I joined her centre stage as she took her bow. She smiled at me, and in front of the whole audience she kissed me. "Kids, would you please give a round of applause for my man, Simon Porter, the man responsible for organising this show tonight, and the man who has given me the strength to be here, tonight is my gift to him as well." After the applause died down, we left the stage to be met by a crowd of people we didn't know, all wanting to speak with us. We sat in the kitchen of the hall that had doubled as our dressing room and the sound and DVD production suites, trying to sort order from the chaos.

Millie stepped in and addressed the crowd of reporters. "Imogen is an amazing talent who, unfortunately, has only a short time to live. She has decided to devote what little time she has left to establishing a charity, 'Imogen's Gift' to raise money for cancer research and for CanTeen. Everything that happened here tonight happened because a whole bunch of music industry people got behind her cause and donated their valuable time and expertise for her. When approached for the necessary permissions to use their music, the copyright holders of all of the music she used gave her permission without cost. We have made arrangements with the CD and DVD distributors who will give all proceeds of sales to the charity. All monies received by 'Imogen's Choice' will flow to cancer research and CanTeen, not one cent will be used for administrative costs. Imogen will now answer your questions."

"Imogen, we all know that you have leukaemia, but is there another reason for this charity?"

Imogen looked at the reporter who asked the question. "Yes, I am not the only person in my family who has had cancer. Three years ago my mother died from breast cancer and not that long ago her sister, my aunt, also died of cancer, this time cervical cancer. Cancer appears to run in the family, so one of the things that we will be looking at is research into whether people are born with a genetic disposition to cancer."

"What can you tell us about your relationship with Simon, how long ago did you meet and under what circumstances?"

"We met because of the YouTube video I put out a few months ago. He saw it and guessed that I had cancer and came to see me to volunteer to help me. There was an obvious connection between us and it has grown from there."

"So, are you considering marriage in the not too distant future?"

"We don't have a too distant future and are happy with our present arrangement. We love each other and live together. He is my constant shoulder to cry on and the glue that holds me together and supports me. Without him I would be sitting in a darkened room in a little cottage up in the mountains, probably feeling sorry for myself. As it is I'm here with you all tonight feeling pretty good with life and with myself, but wondering how long it will be before Simon and I are tucked up in bed."

Millie stepped in. "I think that will be all for tonight, there is another show tomorrow night and I'm thinking that, impossible as it would seem, it will be better than tonight. Tonight was Imogen's first ever public performance and I think she did an amazing job of it, don't you?" It's not often you see hard-nosed journalists in tears, but tonight was one such occasion.

Imogen and I had booked into a hotel for the time that we had to be in Sydney for the concerts, and so she could keep an appointment with her Oncologist for more tests and treatment. "Simon, I have an important question that I have to ask the Oncologist tomorrow."

"What is it, you're not feeling tired because of tonight are you? If you are we can always cancel a couple of shows."

"No, how could I feel tired after tonight, that was better than all of the medication in the world. No, I have to ask him whether I should continue on with my pregnancy."

"What? How long have you known?"

"I took one of those home pregnancy tests today to confirm it. It looks like it could have been the first time we made love that did it, I'm pretty sure that I was ovulating around then. I want more than anything to have this baby, and the fact that I'm having your child has given me a much greater motive to stay alive. But if he says that it's too dangerous, I'll have to consider a termination. Are you happy for me, for us?"

"How could I not be happy, I've never seen you looking so happy and so well, it's almost as if whatever controls the cancer has decided to allow you a new lease on life, I can only hope that it's a permanent lease."

"I don't think that's possible, at best it will extend for the full term of the pregnancy."

"Is that what you want?"

"I want more, I want forever, but I need another six months, and that's pretty much all I can expect." She snuggled against me, "I'm happy and that's what counts, how long I stay happy is up to you and me."

"I'll do whatever it takes to make sure of your happiness." I kissed her. "I love you so much, I want to marry you so much."

"I would love to marry you, but it's not necessary, I love you and I know that you love me, and that's all that matters to me."

"I don't know who's the happiest here, you or me."

"Let's call it a dead heat."

The next day brought a surprise. The demand for concert tickets was so great that CanTeen arranged for a big screen to be set up outside the hall, so that those without tickets could enjoy the show. Priority seating was still given to the cancer kids and their families. The show went off better than the previous night, everyone knew what to expect and we made sure that no-one went away disappointed, even those outside.

Meanwhile we had kept the appointment with the Oncologist. Imogen told him of her pregnancy. "Are you sure that this is the right thing to be doing?" He asked.

"Yes, Simon and I are very much in love and making love is very much a part of our relationship, and my getting pregnant is a natural progression to that. I've never been happier and, believe me, I've never felt better, not for years." He poked and prodded and took blood samples and all of those other things that are done on these occasions. "I have to agree with you, I haven't seen you looking this well, or indeed this happy. We'll have to monitor your pregnancy very carefully, and the first sign of complications a decision will have to be made, the last thing I want to see is you dying in the third trimester and us having to make a decision as to whether to attempt to deliver the foetus and try and save it. Having said that, I can't see any problems at this stage but I'm referring you to a Gynaecologist friend of mine, who can give you a thorough examination just to make sure." He picked up the phone from his desk and dialled a number. "Charles, Peter here, I have a very special case for you, one of my patients is pregnant and I want her to have a thorough going over to see if everything's as it should be, and let me warn you, if you stuff it up the world will know all about it, she's something of a celebrity." There was some faint mumbling that we couldn't decipher. "You have heard of the latest sensation Imogen Ferrier, yes the very one, when can you see her?" He looked at us. "Can you go straight over?"

"Yes."

"Okay, go to the reception area and his secretary will meet you there." As we got up he was back on the phone. "They're on their way. Thank you for this." (Back to us.) "I don't suppose I can get a copy of your CD, for my daughter." He added quickly.

"Sure thing, we'll have one sent over." Imogen looked at me as I was just about to say something about him being as tight as a fish' arsehole, so I left the thought unsaid.

The walk to the reception area took longer than expected, Imogen's new found celebratory status took care of that, we were stopped several times by people asking for an autograph and a mobile phone photo opportunity. Imogen was not the type to refuse these requests, so we were a little late to meet Charles' secretary. I was just about to apologise for the wait when she stopped me.

"Please, follow me." It was a short walk and the looks that we got when we were led through the waiting room full of pregnant women, was at first one of anger, then one of amazement at seeing Imogen and they probably forgot that they had been waiting for some time, knowing hospital clinic waiting rooms.

I had to wait outside while the examination took place, Imogen didn't have a problem with me being there but Charles did. I was soon called in. "Imogen is three months pregnant and all appears to be in order. I have had a long talk with Peter and we are going to have you come in at least once a week just to be certain that it stays that way. He tells me that he's scaled back on your chemo, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. All that I can say is, 'don't overdo it and no world tours, please."

The fact that Imogen was seen going into a Gynaecologist's rooms led people to jump to the conclusion that she was pregnant and this news was all over the media by evening. Before she began her songs Imogen addressed the audience. "You will probably have heard by now the rumour going around that I'm pregnant, let me set the record straight. I am in a committed relationship with Simon here," she pointed to me, "and yes, we can announce the great news that we are expecting our first child. It may be our last, who knows, but we couldn't be happier with this news. We have been told to take it easy, what do you think, should we?"