All Comments on 'Imperfect Strangers'

by Smokey125

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I loved it!

jenorma2012jenorma2012over 7 years ago
wonderful

I started reading this and though ok not bad, I am very glad I kept reading, the only thing I though was not right was when she made her take all her cloths off in front on the library, but aside from that it was a very well written story

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
yawn

Boring. Lost interest after first page. Cant believe i bothered to write this..

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Waste of time.

Bleh. Not simply boring, but has misogynistic undertones (despite the fact that the characters are both female.) Laura basically blackmails Bonita to strip in 40-degree-weather outside, and Bonita follows Laura around the library--what, like a terrier? What the hell?

Also, xenophobia: why is it necessary to call Bonita "Bonnie"? And as though it's obvious that a non-Anglo would want to, Bonita takes Laura's last name in marriage. Laura exhibits no curiosity about Bonita's culture and nearly none about her language use. And since Bonita has no apparent income, there's another level of vulnerability, and another opportunity to exploit her. The American residency theme hangs over this story like a guillotine. Laura basically fetishises "exotic" women. The severe imbalance of power between the two women makes this a story about exploitation of women in general, women of culture specifically, and immigrants.

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
a small trick missed!

Once they had agreed to marry, it would have been very special if Laura had said - now lets go buy your comic!

Jennie Elf.

stroudlestroudleabout 5 years ago
I enjoyed this very much

Sweet and romantic, I make that perfect.

The proposal was wonderful I thought and Laura did give Bonita a blanket to kneel on.

You never let us down Smokey. Brilliantly written, great intimate scene and a happy ending, what more could I wish for.

Use your Library and you may too find the love of your life.

Thank you Smokey

Jc

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSmokey125@Smokey125
Writing lesbian erotica has become one of the most important things in my life. I try to make all my main characters at least reasonably three-dimensional, and balance out the Smokey Sagas between sweet, fluffy, light-hearted pieces with happy endings, and rough, sinister tale...