All Comments on 'Imperius Ch. 05'

by Damoiselle

Sort by:
  • 53 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Cliffhanger !

Oh my God! Is she going to run away?

mittyfinchmittyfinchover 6 years ago

The list of characters at the beginning was helpful and I referred back to it a few times as I was reading, including at the end when Eris appears. I like this turn of events and can't wait to see what happens next! I appreciate that Lilah is meek but strong.

cerrotorrecerrotorreover 6 years ago
Great story

Imperius is very well written - a level above most of Lit efforts. You are now on my personal list of inspirational authors for my own work. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fantastic!

It’s great, I can’t wait to read what come next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
woohoo!

thanks for letting me read this first :) so excited for what comes next!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Love this series

Thank you for writing these. I cannot wait to see what comes next

claireacquiredclaireacquiredover 6 years ago
Excellent!

It's stories like this that keep me coming back to Lit. Awesome cliffhanger. The next chapter can't come soon enough.

DamoiselleDamoiselleover 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you all!

I always appreciate knowing your thoughts.

@ Anon "Cliffhanger": What I can say is that I expect the next chapter to be my most action heavy so far. Be sure to check in when the time comes!

@ mittyfinch: Thank you for the thoughtful feedback. I'm glad to hear that the characters rings true for you, and I hope she'll continue to fulfill your expectations.

@ cerrotorre: That is a wonderful compliment, thank you! I'll be sure to check out your stories asap.

@ anon "Fantastic!": Thank you for the comment, and I will try to upload the next chapter as soon as I possible can. This next one is going to be eventful in terms of story progression than all that came before.

@ AmoryParks: The pleasure was mine. This chapter owes a great deal to you. :)

@ Anon "Love this series": Thank you! Keep an eye out for the next one soon--my goal is by the middle of the month. It's been in the planning stage for quite some time, but it's also "heavier" than anything so far.

@ clareaquired: Thank you very much! That's a wonderful compliment, and I can't wait to show you what's in store.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I really enjoy your work. What particularity intrigues me is the world building. I can't wait to find out more. Is there any way to support you? Patron, etc? (Anything to get more chapters! I'm addicted!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hopefully

She can maintain her hate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awesome story!

Please get the next chapter out soon! I was only hoping, the story picks up the pace because the reader has to reread all the previous chapters in order to recall the plot if continue to submit a new chapter every couple of months.

DamoiselleDamoiselleover 6 years agoAuthor
Comment responses

@ Anon "I really enjoy..." : Thank you so much for your comment and your generous interest. If you go to the "contact" portion of my profile and click the "website" link, I believe you'll find what you're looking for. :)

@ Anon "Hopefully,": Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I always want to know what readers are hoping for going forward. If resentment/hatred are important aspects of this genre for you, I think the next chapter is going to be worth your keeping an eye out for.

@ Anon "Awesome story" : The next chapter will be eventful, but I'm finding that it's making it the most exciting to write so far. Thank you for your encouragement--it goes a long way towards building my motivation.

Chaka22Chaka22over 6 years ago
Just perfect

It’s such a joy seeing Lilah and Magnus’ relationship develop. You’ve created the perfect balance of attraction, tension, and respect between them. I’m definately invested in your story and the world you’ve created. Thank you for sharing your talents.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
excellent writing

please continue and do you have other stories else where?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
strong but fragile

love the relationship so far, and how he Is possessive over her

SarabiiSarabiiover 6 years ago

Loved the chapter, quickly shaping up to be one of my new favorite stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Exciting read

Thank you for writing this. I'm enjoying the the way Magnus wants to possess Lilah and the hints at his feelings for her. The world you create is fascinating and the atmosphere is palpable. Very much looking forward to the further chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow!

What an exciting read! Thank you for for sharing your work with us. The pace is great, the world building too. Thank you, thank you. I loved "From the Heart" and "My Darkest Dreams" too.

C2H1EC2H1Eover 6 years ago

This is easily one of the best stories I've read in a long time. Everything from the world you've created to Lilah and Magnus' relationship is incredible. I look forward to reading many more chapters in the future.

I also like the idea of having a separate appendix to take a look at when needed.

TrueHeartsTrueHeartsover 6 years ago
Hello~

Seeing that Damoiselle hasn't really posted an update since the Jan 4th, and since I might come out of lurking status....

Thank You guys for reading, your comments and support really mean a-lot to Damoiselle (and me).

The next chaper should be out sometime in Feb. from the hints she has given me.

If there is anything, ask and I will try to answer, though I mainly check grammer and spelling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Please continue! Loving this story!

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 6 years ago
Don't like the character list.

It takes you out of the story world. Love the story though. I hope you can post again soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Next chapter?

When will the next chapter be released? I'm looking forward to what will happen next.

Anyway, I liked the character list.

Stephan10caStephan10caabout 6 years ago
Terrific Story

I hope you are planning to do more chapters. This was really great work.

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesabout 6 years ago

I like how this is escalating. I'm here for CH 6, when you get there. :)

Also, am I the only one kind of fantasizing about a Magnus/Daegon sandwich for her? Probably not in the cards, but that's where my head's at, anyway. ;P

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
More, please

I hope there is more for the flashback cause I really liked it especially in Magnus' pov.

SylviDollSylviDollabout 6 years ago
Dazzling

This is one of the greatest pieces I've read on the site so far. The blend of sci-fi, action, and reluctance is perfect. I like the character list, as I tend to forget the names of more minor characters at times. Each chapter has gotten better and better as far as editing and plot development. I look forward to more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
YES, PLEASE, MORE!!

You've written a very good story so far. Love the character descriptions. Please continue & I hate to say this, but your editors need to do a better job. Some sentences don't make sense with wrong words or double words. Editors: Please read it aloud several times & you may catch them. But other than the mistakes, I am looking forward to all the new chapters. Thank you.

jooney_007jooney_007about 6 years ago
Love this! Keep going please!

I didn't mind the character description at the beginning but other than Eris I recalled the other characters. I can see how it's necessary though if some time passes between the release of chapters. I like the whole plot and how it's picking up. I read this chapter very quickly and am trying to wait patiently for more. Don't give up! You can do it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wonderful story

Love this series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Umm, next chapter?

I don't really want to put any pressure in this series but I just want know when it might be possibly released.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Absolutely amazing tale

Best story I've read, such terrific genre blending and world-building. Please keep up with the details about the context! It's a really intriuging political background your laying. Totally caught up in the characters, where they're going, what they'll do, and caring about who they are. Please keep writing!! Can't wait to read the next chapter!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Are u coming nack?

Can you please update us on whether or not you plan to continue this story? You can see by all the comments and votes that it's popular. A lot of folks are left hanging here so it would be nice to know if we're holding our breathe for a reason. No disrespect... I've just been left to wonder what happened to too many good reads. I really really really would like to see more of your story but if you've thrown in the towel or got published st somewhere just let us know.

KinkySexyLassieKinkySexyLassiealmost 6 years ago
I´m lost in space...

Hello Damoiselle, I´ve found this story just a few days ago and I like it really very much. The way you are uncovering the recent history and the world little by little is perfect and I´m looking forward to learn more. So far everything seemed to make sense UNTIL the interruption of the breakfast in this last chapter. I´ve got lost there and I´m slightly disappointed because it seems to make no sense at all to me. Let me explain my point of view. At first, there is a few notes/questions:

1. How could Lilah get anywhere close to the behemoth?

I´ve developed an idea that the military camp is a really large one. According to the number of high rank military officers and the visit of legatus himself it´s probably the main camp which means tens of thousands of soldiers, so the area of the camp must be in hundreds hectares (1 km2 = 100 ha). The tent where the breakfast took place, was situated near the center of the camp, which means Lilah was at least hunderds meters away from the war machine when it appeared. Magnus run toward the thing, Daegon took Lilah in the opposite dirrection! So how the hell could she end up near the machine? (From that distance, she wouldn´t probably be even able to notice these cages with slaves.)

2. How could the behemoth come in the camp at the first place?

The perimeter has been secured by Gracchus soldiers. They weren´t at the party, so they should be armed, sober and vigilant. I can´t imagine they wouldn´t notice the war machine approach! Unless there was a forest of sequoias (or something like that) just at the edge of the camp (but who would build a camp in such place?) and still, I guess a two stories high mechanic walking machine wouldn´t be noiseless. So how could the behemoth come to the camp unnoticed? Because if the soldiers noticed, they would surely be able to destroy it before it reached the camp (they have fought it before - it was mentiont, so they must know how to make it harmless).

3. The soldiers can´t stop the behemoth but Lilah can?

That´s just ridiculous. A medic takes a weapon (probably even unknown to her because it´s imperial, not Illythian), hit three times and the thing turns in her direction. Well, the gun might be hightech, automatic aim... ok, let´s say it´s possible for her to shoot and hit. But don´t tell me she is the only one who shoots (again, Gracchus´ soldiers, Magnus himself, maybe others). And who knows where to shoot (as mentiont before, the soldiers have fought these things before, they must know too). I don´t even want to mention that she tries to shout some codes to it. The machine throws and crash things around, it could never hear her!

Well and then, the behemoth is destroied and some person appears to shout at Lilah to run... Like they were alone there.

I really don´t know what to think about it. If I missed something, what you could explain to me, I would be glad. Otherwise, I hope you´ll think about details a little more in the next chapter ;)

But by all means, KEEP WRITING! The story is perfect!

P.S.: I hope you consider the effect the vibrating egg has on her, if she decides to run. Unless she takes it out, she is most likely unable to run away. (I wish it has this effect on me in reality O:-) )

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hmmm

T.E.N. MONTHS... no updates. Had soooo much potential, but I guess it’s a lost cause.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Part 6?

Hi Damoiselle

Are you still alive? If so, when is part 6 coming out please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Over a year 😢. Please continue!

Ellienora35Ellienora35about 5 years ago
Please do another chapter!

Are you still writing? I could use another chapter.

DamoiselleDamoiselleabout 5 years agoAuthor
Okay, guys.

I am very, very, very sorry. I have not forgotten.

The next step in Lilah's story is going to involve some dire circumstances. The chapter exists and will be published.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
More more!

I’m happy to see you are working on a new chapter. I wonder if sometimes we seem like demanding children, hungry for more from our authors. Hey, it’s good stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
MOOARR

Hello, last update for us saying that chapter 6 would be out "soon" was like, 2 months ago! Life can get super busy, totally understand that....BUT there was a promise of an action-heavy CH6, which some of us *cough* are salivating for. This is too good to leave us hanging, especially after Eris has showed up to free everyone.

Someone did make a good point. The Behemoth is very far away, and it's really unlikely that one person alone could stop it by shouting and throwing tiny stones at it, but I guess the implausible needs to happen to speed up the action bits.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Please post your chapter 6!!

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 4 years ago
My second favorite

This was my second favorite story on this site. I miss it

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Next chapter

This story is one of the best I’ve read on this sight. Please please post the next chapter and continue the story it’s so good and I’d hate to see it forgotten or die like so many other stories have. I’m sure it’s difficult to make time and right because of life but this story is just so good everything about it is excellent

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Please continue

It’s been 2 years. Pleeeeease continue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Please add the old ending back on

I love your editorial updates, but miss the access to the old ending. Him hunting her through the building is AMAZING. Please please please add it back in!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Old ending?

What ending does Anon (from 02-2020) mean? It's been a while since I read this story, and I don't recall that scene. Did it change? Now I'm really curious.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Old ending?

What old ending does Anon (from 02-2020) mean? It's been a while since I read this story, and I don't recall that scene. Did it change?

DamoiselleDamoisellealmost 4 years agoAuthor
@ Anon (from 05/20)

I think they might be confusing this story with another one. There hasn't been an editorial update.

NaiaTinkAbellaNaiaTinkAbellaover 3 years ago
Super great work

Love your story! Very good world building and the characters are great . I hope Saphir gets more backstory soon

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

why is everyone here cheering for magnus he put that vib in her though she is sore ,starve her,used her just after she is injured ,mocks her with grape and pomegranet seeds ,pushes his fingers in her bruise

all bcoz she wanted to save her only friend from death

i know he is not supposed to be a hero but why is everyone cheering up for that bastard ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

‘She’s a gentle creature’ -so many layers in these characters. They believe is slavery but have some sense of decorum in how salves and soldiers should be treated (the filing a complaint was amusing). Ariadne is very intriguing.

LangeannLangeann12 months ago

Please continue this story. I love it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDamoiselle@Damoiselle
12/09: I've submitted Imperius Ch. 9. Hopefully it uploads quickly. To all my readers: Feel free to save my stories for your own personal use. It is possible that someday I will work some of them into a novel, and I want you to know that you're welcome to save the origina...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Imperius Ch. 04 Previous Part
Imperius Series Info