All Comments on 'In Love with Lori Ch. 04'

by beachbum1958

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
redlion75redlion75over 10 years ago

if they have ll that money why not tear it down and rebuild a house their that she wants.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great cliffhanger!

This story is not over yet! Looking forward to the next chapter.

Great story bb1958 - keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
@redlion75

Lori said she wanted an old house, didn't you read the story? If she wanted a new house then the narrator would have put that in, surely? She's scared of Denham Hall and doesn't want to go back there, seems reasonable to me after what happened...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great story!

That last ghost part was really creepy though. Please, tell me that you're not going to turn the next part into a ghost story... +_+

beachbum1958beachbum1958over 10 years agoAuthor
To Anonymous 11/19/13

This is not going to turn into a ghost story, I promise; Lori wants to live in an old fixer-upper house, not Hill House! I put that ending in as one of the threads running through the story is how much David hated the place, and how horrible it is; now you know why. More close encounters of the sweaty kind to follow shortly...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Want more.

BB don't stop. Keep going it is getting really interesting to read. This is the second time through for me on this story. I am hoping to see the rest of the story on here. I keep checking to see if you have continued the story from the ending of this chapter. If you have already done it in a spin off way let me know which ones so I can continue to read this awesome tale and story. PLEASE!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Really enjoyed it...pls continue the series..

bigboy1948bigboy1948over 9 years ago
You Have Me Hooked

I am a reader and no judge on someones art and this is art.Keep up the Good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Lov e this

These are great stories. You know, almost too much sex. Almost. I'm enjoying the story so much. I've got kinfolk like Bella. Not about money, we don't have that, but people don't have to be after money to be mean, nasty, and ugly. My Aunt (in-law as we are not blood kin)needs to have a house land upon her. I have cousins who are as pretty as Lori is described, but they are much older than me. In their 60's I'd guess. Never had sex with either of them, though. Love how he falls for Lori and it seems his every thought is for her. It had to happen, since it is about the only way for this story to work, but the way he left his family and never returned to see his folks until it was too late shows a lack of character. Looking foreward to pt.5, but you reallydo go overboard with the anal sex. A girl wouldn't be able to sit down if she really got bumfucked that much and my dick would be absolutely raw. So, go easy there. Otherwise, great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
@anon 02/10/15

Your comment about David not returning home to see his family showing his lack of character is unfounded; his lack of time to go home is a fundamental part of studying medicine in the UK; back when I was a medical student, we didn't have the long summer breaks that American medical students enjoyed, nor was a Christmas break an available option; we had to work hard, and study harder, day and night, because the system in the UK is 'make or break'; it's a test of commitment, and there's no time for extra-curricular activities, no sports teams to play for, no entry on sports scholarships, and no getting in because your father donated a new library-wing; provable academic excellence and top marks in the 'A' Level Examinations were the only thing that got you as far as the Entrance Assessment Panel..

In the 5 years it took for me to gain my MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) I think I had altogether about 8 weeks of actual vacation time in total, just the odd day here and there, spread out among those 5 years; when we medical students weren't in class or the lab, we were working on the wards, learning about diagnostic technique, in areas as diverse as Critical Care, Accident & Emergency, the Mother-Baby unit, General Surgery, Phlebotomy, Radiology, Orthopaedics, Paediatric Care, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, cardiovascular, thoracic, and abdominal surgery, Hepato-Pancrea-Biliary medicine, skeletal and spinal injury, and brain injury, so not much time to do anything except study and sleep. When we weren't in the wards or the lab, we were at lectures, sometimes at 11-12 o'clock at night, because that was when the professor was free.

My parents lived 200 miles from where I studied for my surgical qualification, and in the two years I was there, I managed to get home for three weekends in total, one of which was to attend the funeral of my older brother. I lived my family life by phone, and occasional visits from my parents, because studying for my MRCS (Member of the Royal College of Surgeons) was the most tiring, time-consuming, and terrifying part of my studies to become a surgeon. I believe the author has deftly communicated the stress, lack of sleep, lack of family time, and total commitment required to qualify from any UK medical school. David lived 5,000 miles from his family, the chances for him to get home at all would have been bordering on non-existent; as students at a teaching hospital, we were members of the medical staff, so on-call 24/7. A typical waking-shift could last 100 hours, something the Registrars relished doing to us, because their Registrars did it to them when they were students, and the chance to get away for weeks at a time just wouldn't occur unless extraordinary circumstances warranted it.

All that has stopped now, the EU Working Time Directive put a stop to that, but now it means the waking shifts are even more intensive; I wouldn't want to study to be a doctor now, the stress, almost unbearable in my time, is now almost unbelievable, and is a major factor in juniors dropping out once they've attained their MBBS, and becoming General Practitioners, instead of going on to become surgeons.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbeachbum1958@beachbum1958
4272 Followers
A small town mid-way between Cannes and St. Tropez, on what used to be called the French Riviera. I have the Mediterranean to look at from the front of our house, a lagoon filled with flamingos at the rear, and our own stretch of beach where we keep our peace and the tourists...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories