All Comments on 'In Sickness and in Health'

by CharlieB4

Sort by:
  • 57 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank The Lord

Its nearly Remerance Day. A very loving wife who should be praised beyond

words. My late father fought in both World Wars being killed in the second.

I know how much my mother sufferered with two youngsters. A wonderful story.

Perhaps there is more to tell

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

"methadone" did you mean MORPHINE?

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 9 years agoAuthor
@ anon

No I didn't mean morphine, morphine is injected and with burns patients doctors are not keen to keep jabbing needles into the damaged skin. Methadone is a similar drug but it is taken orally.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
nice story but the crap at the end could have been left out

men are shallow creatures, compared to what "dogs". Women are the most shallow and vane creatures on the planet. If you said prideful you'd be accurate but shallow. Not (3)

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 9 years ago
Of course, this is a beautiful story...

... but it did seem a little rushed at the end. However, considering the quality, actually the lack thereof, donning the pages of LW lately, one would have to give this story, at least, 4 stars.

javmor79javmor79over 9 years ago
@ anon "nice story but the crap at the end could have been left out"

If you honestly believe that women are shallow and men aren't then you need to check reality. We can be the most shallow creatures at times. I know men who will ruin a 15 year marriage because some female who is 5 years younger with big tits wants to have sex. He doesn't even have to know her that well! Yes, we can be shallow too!

I thought this was a beautiful love story. 5 stars!

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 9 years ago
A truly touching, caring story.

Despite their arguments right before he left, despite the scarring which left him ugly, and despite the intensive work required to care for a badly maimed husband, Emily stuck with him and even showed him that she cared for and desired him. Granted, there was what seemed an initial rebuff, but that was probably due to fear of hurting him physically or perhaps because her vagina was still sore from the delivery, or both. Clearly, she still loved him and had put their fight behind her. This woman is a great wife and another example of the man's good luck. Excellent story, Charlie.

Five stars.

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 9 years ago
Category

While this woman is a true, loving wife, this story doesn't really fit the parameters of this category. I think it would be better represented in Romance.

5*

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Not what I expected ...

... which may have been the author's intent. Poignant with a capital P. five stars for sure.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Very good...

A very intense story...With all in it...even the doubts...But true love always win...

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
I normally eschew stories written in

Australian, but I am very glad I kept reading this one. I feared she would turn bad at one of several stages. I'm pleased the author did not take that route.

WriteOnGuyWriteOnGuyover 9 years ago
Good Story - A truly Loving Wife

As we are approach remembrance day, it is especially appropriate to be reminded of the sacrifice some soldiers and their families make to keep us safe.

Well done,

Guy

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
*****

This tale makes one think twice about the true hell so many men and women are going through trying to make a better life for the unfortunate (and ungrateful). A close relative ( USN CPO) has been in that area four times and is back there again. God bless and keep them. Cheers!

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Beautiful Story

About the ups and downs of very good people. You maintained the tension to the end.

cap5356cap5356over 9 years ago
great story

great story glad how it turned out shows true love

IronDragonIronDragonover 9 years ago
This could have gone into Romance.

Great tale, well told. You nailed the emotions that run through us when we fight overseas to protect those we love back home, and when we're wounded in action. It's good to see a real Loving Wife for a change too. Definitely a breath of fresh air after the crud that's been posted in LW recently. Thank you for the excellent read!

5 HUGE Stars!

2nd Batt. veteran. RLTW!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Excellent

Quire a loving tale. In sickness and in health. No better way to put it.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
4*s

Very creative and entertaining!!

Original plot for this site. 4*s

Both husband and wife are characters we want to know better.

I am sure that many others ,along with me , greatly desire a sequel. Please, tell us more about Emily and her husband and children. Yes ,I know but you don't expect them to stop at one,lol

AMerryMan

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 9 years ago
Uplifting story

Thank you, enjoyed your story.

NotMissingAnyNutsNotMissingAnyNutsover 9 years ago
Tim413413,

I am glad your ignorance of things Australian did not prevent you from reading this contribution. There are SEVERAL people over here of whom it can be said, have a fair education are reasonably cultured and are even civilized (I am not suggesting that I am among that number).

CharlieB4, thanks for an uplifting story. My grandfather lied to get into the 1st war (too young) lied to get into the 2nd (too old) did get wounded but then came home and died at 83 at home with his loving, faithful wife. My dad did Kokoda and ended up with shellshock, and I also served, though I was lucky enough that I never had to go overseas.

Nice to read of a real partnership, real honour, and in the end, real love. Especially for a serviceman, where distance, boredom and mischievous women do lots of harm.

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The back story was the story

Take away the back story and there is nothing at all.. It's treacle sweet but IMO it's not a very interesting.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Wow!

What a story you wrote. Very imaginative and original from any country. To read about a real Loving Couple shows that real true love is out there. I wish that this story was longer because I didn't want it to end. After reading about all the so-called loving wives who only say they love after their caught cheating, this was a real breath of fresh air.

This is what marriage is all about, and it is out there in the real world. Thank you for writing a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Interesting story

But what kind of a life will he live? And how foreshortened will it be due to his injuries? A well told story, but here, on a porn site, it seems out of place.

BesoinNormal69BesoinNormal69almost 9 years ago
Great story, great writing

Drew me in from beginning to end. I have no idea why this is scored so low and not a solid 4.5+.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Inept drivel.

That's why low rating. 1* !

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 8 years agoAuthor
Love your work Anon,

if you hate my writing so much why trawl through my back catalogue spreading your 1* bile? Maybe you hate it so much you secretly love it.

Tootight1Tootight1over 8 years ago
good story

about the fragile concept of marriage, and the male ego. you could have shortened the story, by saying he was injured over seas, I don't understand the need for the filler here. his insecurities didn't come out till later, but they are in all of us, at some point. communication, obviously was an issue they needed to work on. good story though.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 8 years ago
Very well done

It was a sweet story, but a bit lacking in drama when he got back to Australia. I can't imagine the wife not having a crying jag or two, him as well for that matter...the marriage did get dwarfed by the back story. It was a good story, but maybe too linear, with no emotional surprises, it lapsed into a chronology.

Chilley

icebreadicebreadover 8 years ago
Bloody good.

Another bloody good story. Well done.

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
Well written

and well played out. The backstory was the main story, as it is in any marriage where one of the spouses is involved in a life threatening situation. I would hope that the wife didn't do something destructive while she was angry at him and assuredly hope she didn't continue it over a long period of time. I really don't know how women feel in situations where they are injured past the point of being able to function but men can't help but feel less than they were. On this site that is called male ego and looked down upon but it is really the way it is, mostly, and just like not forgiving an unfaithful wife, is a part of the make up of a male. So, live with it girls. I liked this story, a lot and hope that it is totally fiction and not based on what really happened to someone. Throwing in the fact that his wife and his son being there for him was what kept him going is inspired. A true loving wife, I hope. And a bitch mother-in-law with her attitude at the beginning. A man sometimes has to do things that are not popular with other people in order to uphold his obligation to his family and the fact that the wife was upset and ran to Mommy and Mommy was not nice over the phone is sometimes just something to live with. Also well told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
tough to read

Charlie......I love.your work but this was tough to read. It's understandable that our people went over there to work or help defend but this is still a bitter pill to swallow. Just couldn't give it 5 stars........close but I just couldn't. My guess is that you hit the mark. Thanks for the read. Your description was spot on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Frankie the Scum

Frankie the piece of shit . The Scum Boss and his Slut mistress all needed to be buried alive . Hate Filthy scum like them .

DaddyslittlesweetnessDaddyslittlesweetnessover 6 years ago

i love this story as well Charlie... i have to say, You are definitely in my top 2 of writers here..... this story was emotional and so touching, and it truly is a work of art.... Thank You for writing it and sharing it with us readers.

✯✯✯✯✯

oxynam25oxynam25over 6 years ago
After reading your anniversary series I wasn't expecting much

I thought that story was really dumb and wasn't expecting anything better, but I always try to read a couple more stories by the same author just incase and I'm so glad I did. Read the Big C and now this and both these stories blew me away, they were really good. Well written and can't wait to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
No CT scan because of shrapnel?

Metal will be opaque on CT scans, but should not be a problem. MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) could pull the shrapnel directly out from the body (right through any organs, muscles, bones, etc.).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Well written but not finished

Can you do a sequel?

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyabout 5 years ago
she never

said why she didn't call back, especially him being helpless and invalid? That remains a mystery. He has only his belief that she didn't do anything. Pregnant women are very horny, and him leaving her for the 350000 may not work well. How can she leave him behind like that? Her not calling him back isn't acceptable, and what is even more unacceptable is the fact that she knew her husband was sick and in need of care and she didn't just call, which is what she should have done. That either reflects lack of respect or something else, something that is definitely not nice in contradiction to the 'shallow' male belief.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
So we had a clear transition to a flash back

Who writes a single chapter than has half a page in the present and the rest in the past?

CharlieB4CharlieB4about 5 years agoAuthor
@ Anon, I promised myself I wasn’t going to do this but...

I’m surprised a commenter as perceptive as you couldn’t decipher it started in the present then finished in the present. Kind a like a circle. Most of the other readers managed to work it out and I’m surprised you didn’t as you appear to be able to notice things that aren’t even there in your comment on Mid Life Crisis.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
given labor laws in most former UK linked countries

why no mention of a lawsuit for wrongful termination?

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
good story

Like.most of your work, I enjoyed it a great deal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Excellent

An actual 'Loving Wives" story. Really good. Thank you.

ErotFanErotFanover 2 years ago

This was a wonderful story well told. I would agree with the LW category selection. First, because many of the stories in this category about loving, faithful wives. Second, because the concern showed by the protagonist prior to and at the wedding about his wife being unfaithful is classic LW fodder. CharlieB4 could have taken advantage of LW readers' mindsets and played up these fears a bit more; but it was the author's choice.

I'll be following your stories as long as you'll submit.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Again. A very good Loving Wives story. Scores show it’s appropriate placement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

High powered stuff here! I don't know about you, but the thought of a love so strong that a woman can cum in under a minute with a burn victim gets me off! I gotta get me one of them.

YouamiYouamiover 2 years ago

This was an excellent example of a Loving Wives story that didn't have to insert the old cheating wife meme to produce a moving, positive tale., which did a lot to raise the jaded spirits of this reader. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Gratulálok,szép munka,csak azért 4 csillag mert rövidnek ítéltem,lehetett volna még részletezni az otthoni rehabilitációját és a családi szeretet újraépülését !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nope. He was selfish, self-centered, arrogant and a total ass. He did not have to go. His justification of 'I have to take care of my family' was lame. Taking care of his family meant he stayed with her.

ChopinesqueChopinesquealmost 2 years ago

Fiev, five, five stars. Fine story! Write!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Emily's a gem!

inka2222inka222211 months ago

An amazing story, thank you!

razjahtafarirazjahtafari10 months ago

First time I've posted a comment... Should've been posted in romance

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Crazy good story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Amazing story. A true loving wife. Wonderful!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCharlieB4@CharlieB4
Just an amateur scribbler who allows others to experience his daydreams. G’day If you are going through my catalogue you will find a wide range of themes so some you might like, others you will hate. Update. After a flurry of recent activity life has intervened so writing t...