In the Dark

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jesse squints his eyes, trying to see better into the little balcony box. Yes, yes somebody was up there, he was sure of it. He walks across the stage for a closer look. The dim backlight of the hallway behind the balconies silhouettes something, but couldn't tell what or who it was.

"Is somebody up there?" he calls out. No answer. Frustrated that he can't see better, he pulls his guitar off and puts it in a stand. He knows darn well that somebody is up there.

"What's wrong?" Jackson hollers out to him from behind his drum set.

"I'll be right back." Jesse jumps off the stage and runs out the side door, taking the stairs two at time to the mezzanine level. Finding the doorway to the balcony that he thinks is occupied, he steps in and finds no one. He rushes to the next three doorways, finding nothing, nobody. Shit. He could have sworn somebody was up here. He returns to the first room and walks completely in. Looking around for what he could have mistaken for a person. He finds nothing. Sadden he sits in one of the chairs near the railing and looks down at the stage. Jackson and Logan are looking up at him.

"What are you doing?" Jackson asks.

"Nothing."

"Yeah, I can see that."

Jesse sighs. It suddenly hits him that he is alone.

"Why did you sprint up there?" Jackson asks, walking closer to the edge of the stage, wondering what was wrong with his little brother.

"I thought I saw something."

"Saw something, like what?"

Jesse slowly shakes his head, "Nothing." he mumbles.

"What?"

"Nothing! There is nothing up here!" He hollers out.

"So, what are you doing? Are we going to finish sound checks?"

Jesse closes his eyes. What was going on with him? Why was he so sad? Was it really because Tave wasn't here like he thought she was? This was strange and new to him. This feeling of emptiness. Of loneliness.

"Jesse. You whooo, earth to Jesse." Jackson taunts from down below. "Jesse!"

Jesse slowly shakes his head, "What!"

"Are we done with sound checks? If so Logan and I are going to go get something to eat. Are you coming?"

Jesse doesn't answer or move. He continues to sit in the dark balcony. Jackson slaps his hands against his thighs and turns around, mumbling to Logan. They both leave the stage.

Jesse continues to sit in the balcony, letting the darkness engulf him. He misses her. A frown crosses Jesse's face. Was it really that simple? Was that what all of this was coming too? That moment of hope when he thought she was sitting here watching him. That moment of happiness at the thought of seeing her again. Was this his brain's way of telling him he needed more than just the one night stands. That he needed more than the platinum records, the accolades of cheering fans, the fancy house with uninvited guests, drinking his drinks, eating his food. Was it really time for him to start thinking of someone other than himself?

Fuck. He leans back in this chair, running his hands through his hair, pushing it back away from his face. He misses her. There he's admitted it. Are you happy world? I miss her, I miss her like hell.

"Hey there Mister, you're in my seat."

Jesse's heart flutters, his eyes close. Chills run down his spine as hands softly lay on top of his head. Fingernails comb through his thick long hair, pulling it back into a ponytail. Cool slender fingers caress his neck, massage his shoulders then finally slide down the front of his chest. He can smell her perfume as she leans in close, the softness of her breasts cradling his head.

"I knew you were here." He takes her hands and holds onto them, pulling her closer.

"And how did you know?" Tave whispers in his ear.

Because I just realized how much I'm going to need you, how much I want you to be here, he thought to himself, as he opens his eyes and looks out at the stage. Different colored lights rotate around as the technician checks for burned out bulbs.

"Because I wished it so."

"And do all your wishes come true?"

"They do."

"You're one lucky SOB, you know that."

He does now that she is here. He's never met anybody who's had such an effect on him has she does. The thought of losing that scares the hell out of him.

"You hungry?" he asks.

She nips his earlobe with her teeth. "Starving."

Jesse smiles, tilting his head to the side, exposing his neck, feeling as her lips drag along his skin, leaving little kisses. Yes, he wanted this. Wanted her, no matter the consequences. Jackson had been right, the two of them belonged together.

"Stay with me," he whispers, "always."

"Always." She repeats.