All Comments on 'In The Eyes of the Beholder'

by MountainLaurel

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

The first half page was so boring it was yawn inducing. Paragraphs also far too long. No score.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Very sweet. I loved it. Thank you for sharing!

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingabout 7 years ago
Loved this, too!

I don’t think previous anon fell in love with someone who had recently had a masectomy. Well I did. We were married to others at the time & the marriages are stll in tact. No cheating but still close to each other after six plus yrs. So this story is especially appealing to me.

SisterRobinSisterRobinabout 7 years ago
Sweet story

I enjoyed it very much.

chytownchytownabout 7 years ago
Great Piece Of Writing*****

Very enjoyable read.Thanks for sharing.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticabout 7 years ago
Adorably beautiful story

A truly lovely romantic story. Very little sex and a lot of feeling, which is perfect for a great romance.

In my wife's family there has been a case of mastectomy, with the aggravation that it happened to her shortly after the death of her husband. It also happened to the wife of a friend of mine. Both of them have surpassed it, they have been spared, at least until now, the great "C". Honestly, I do not understand that a man rejects his partner for this reason, you have to be a very bad person to do that damage to a woman already damaged by cancer.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

dreamer3366dreamer3366about 7 years ago
Very Romantic

This should of been entered for the Christmas story contest. Loved reading this. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very good story

Very realistic and mature story. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Real people with souls, thank you

Title says it, 5 stars rate it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sweet and...

... another romantic story in our Romance category. Thanks for keeping this category fresh and true.

pip1247pip1247about 7 years ago
Good story

Really enjoyed the story and how you developed the characters. I feel like there could have been more to this story though. Felt rushed in some parts. From a writing standpoint there were quite a few grammatical errors that required me to re-read a paragraph or statement. Overall, nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nice story, could be better

Nice little romance, pretty formulaic, but it suits those of us who like simple romances. The two main characters are appealing and the pace is leisurely. It could have used a little closer going-over by a good copy editor, to iron out some typos and cut out some verbiage without affecting the story, but overall a real good effort.

Johnny0432Johnny0432over 6 years ago
Very nice story 5 stars

3/4 of a woman? What a horrible thing to say!!! I love your writing author, you can bring it all together. What I don't like is they jump into bed WAY too quickly for a true love romance. I know it's a short story, but a one liner saying after several weeks or months of seeing each other a next level happens. Your stories fit Romance and Erotic Couplings and true love ONLY fits Romance stories. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story

Can I just say, naming wines by name really comes over as super pretentious.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
pretty nice, on the whole

As some said, a bit rushed. A lot of little errors, mostly wrong word rather than spelling and grammar, and most of them a careful proofreading would have caught.

It's sweet enough, but her Catholic devotion seems a little at odds with her willingness to just jump straight into bed with him.

On the other hand, "She had literally melted." Really? I hope someone called 911, fast, before the puddle spread too far!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

You write well, good grammar & spelling too. The characters were believable and the tale had a positive ending. Enjoyed it. More please.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Nice romantic story. You got the mid-lifer vibe down perfectly. 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous