All Comments on 'In the Rain'

by Kassiana

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
sculptjimsculptjimover 19 years ago
IT"S THAT

Ain't nothing good about it. Thats the way it feels. It's just like the death of a loved one even worse. Death is final and beyond your reach. This is worse. You try and try but nothing will ever work and every time you see that person Death is Walking with you. And it goes on and on. Even if you find another it's always there.

Jim

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Sad but Common

The wife is brave. In real life, so many women put up with neglect for years and inwardly, they die, little by little. In my mind, I see her 5 years from this moment, a happier person, independently able to determine her own fulfillment. I think you've written a story that challenges a lot of women who just accept the unintended cruelty of their mates.

MercyMiaMercyMiaover 19 years ago
Sad but Common

The wife is brave. In real life, so many women put up with neglect for years and inwardly, they die, little by little. In my mind, I see her 5 years from this moment, a happier person, independently able to determine her own fulfillment. I think you've written a story that challenges a lot of women who just accept the unintended cruelty of their mates.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Good mood creation

You did a marvelous job. I could fell his pain. Even through his already acknowledged futile last meeting, the horrible reality kept exhibiting, and kept growing, until even at the very end, when he thought she would have at least a small positive reaction, his hope was crushed underfoot on her way ut the door. Thanks for a good story

fifty5fifty5over 19 years ago
Wonderful writing - I hated it!

You captured the futility, that so often rules, in a glass case.

I hate so deeply that real life is like that far too often.

People are so fragile.

Telling that makes the world a better place because it helps us to realise how hard we have to try.

Eff

sacksackover 19 years ago
The rain is a good "framing device."

And we've all been here, at some time or another. You've just articulated it better than anyone I know! Bravo!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous