All Comments on 'In the Wake of That Night'

by A_Satori

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
clark3001clark3001over 14 years ago
So far, so good

Frankly, I never expected the story to continue after the murder, but you did and it seems to be developing into a good story on Lana's recovery and maybe a chance at a better life with people who really love her. I am looking forward to the sequel. It is not easy to rate this story since it seems to form the prologue of Lana's story hereafter. The rating given is for your writing skills and handling the situation after the murder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Amazing!

I didn't expect an epilogue, but I'm glad that you wrote one: your writing is fantastic, and I hope you continue with this story.

lust_4_ulust_4_uover 14 years ago
great continuation

Again you had me in a love/hate situation -- loving the story so much that I hated coming to the end of it! Once more you were able to draw me right back in to the emotional turmoils of real life challenges. Your stories show good insight of your characters - keeping my interest in not only the storyline, but how each character reacts.

Another well thought out and written story and I will anxiously await for more!

MC117MC117over 14 years ago
Not a 5 star story!

Again you have wrote a bloody good story, although I was drawn in on the incest nature of A Prison Break, I could not stop reading this story. The emotion in it makes up for the lack of sex bar the dream sequence which tugged at my heart strings. Keep up the good work I look forward to the next installment.

MC117 (Darren)

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Read

Very good read and always know that the story is going to be good enough that I won't go to bed until I finish (yep - it is 1:45am} and all is well and I am going to sleep.! Hope this story continues as long as possible as this has become one of my 'favorites'.! Thanks. JAG/TSO

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
thank you

Thank you for writing a sequel. I didn't foresee one coming, but was glad when it arrived. Good job, as always.

Charles PetersunnCharles Petersunnover 14 years ago
Really wonderful!

I loved it. Great development of character, emotion, and relationship. Very well thought through. Another great contribution from a great writer!

ansdguyansdguyalmost 14 years ago
I loved it!

I am really happy to see a sequel to "A prison break". The story was very well written. I could halved lived with fewer recriminations, though. This story is very touching and gives the reader a sense of satisfaction that we don't always get with many stories. I find the writing to be very touching. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. I'd better buy more tissues!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

I am not usually partial to sermons. However, this one, on one of my least favorite subjects for recrimination--alcohol abuse--is really publication quality stuff. In the words of one critic, "...it doesn't tell you not to play with matches, it makes your fingers burn." I read all the installments and the sequel more because I was interested in the strong, resilient character of Lana than for the vicarious sex--although that was quite well done too. All your points were made the right way, by backing them up with the thick, solid stuff of everyday experience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
are u dead.

i wann to ask u ...are u dead, if yes den i can understnd but if not den why the hell u didn't riht another chapter of it..???? i love dis story and was imagining as if everything is occurring in front of me while i was reading it.......

all i can say is WOW...

MaximguyMaximguyover 10 years ago
This series...angry and happy.

I thought the description of the step dad's alcoholism was so real. I hated and pitied him. It was great writing. I wanted to think with how long the series was, that it was about his sobriety and redemption. Finding out who won the love triangle would have been nice too.

I was even okay with the ending of his tale, but really wanted a small epilogue about what happened to the two girls. Now it seems with the length since this was posted, we will never know. And really, I'm not sure I want to. I feel horrible for both mom and daughter, and can't see how a happy ending comes from this. In all, great writing, great characters. Really let down by the ending and how this has continued.

richbwrichbwabout 10 years ago
want more

great story i acually cried through most of this story and then it ends like this please finish story it would be great awesome writing

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 9 years ago
I've now read nearly everything you've written

but this stands out as the best.

Careful handling of the characters, so they are real to us.

And of course, your signature ending, leaving several threads dangling and tantalising us.

I do hope the reason you've stopped publishing on Lit is that you're now earning money from your writing. You deserve to.

anubeloreanubelorealmost 4 years ago
Justifiable Homicide? my freaking ass that was justifiable Homicide!

Remind me who's property he was on? Oh, right, the property of the guy he killed. He was uninvited, it could be argued that the homeowner believed he was a rapist, and thus acted to interrupt (what he believed to be) a violent crime and assault on one of his family members. The very best verdict this homicidal jackass could expect would be manslaughter. You don't get to claim self defense when you stab an unarmed man on his own property, unless you're a cop. Otherwise, this whole saga was a hell of a story. I read it years ago, and just stumbled over it again now, and the justifiable Homicide thing just stuck in my craw, so to speak.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous