All Comments on 'In Your Office Ch. 01'

by SilverMuse

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Why is she so damn sleepy?

9 to 4:30 is 7 1/2 hours. Seems like plenty to me.

SilverMuseSilverMuseabout 8 years agoAuthor
Point taken...

...though it depends on the person. Let's just say that Liz goes to bed early because she "should," but spends a couple of hours tossing and turning each night while she thinks about everything she needs to get done.

radiodemonradiodemonabout 8 years ago
And to add to that...

...have you ever tried being nice and polite and helpful to people for eight or more hours a day? It's exhausting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great story

I loved your last series and I'm already loving this one too. Looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
You're an amazing writer!

Absolutely loved your last series and am eagerly waiting for the next installment of this story :) your writing style is wonderful and unawkward with the perfect amount of realism and I really appreciate that!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

The first part of this has so many run-on sentences, dashes, commas and semi-colons it's difficult to follow. This:

Summers weren't a time to recharge; they were a time to plan and run band camp. Spring break, already a very long two weeks ago, hadn't seen her relaxing on the beach with a giant margarita in her hand, the little bikini she hadn't worn in much too long, and a stack of inexcusably trashy novels at her side; instead, she'd spent the week with eighty kids, eight chaperones, and a busload of instruments, touring Disneyland." - has eight commas and two semi-colons(both of which should be periods)

SilverMuseSilverMusealmost 8 years agoAuthor
Punctuation comment

Thanks for the targeted feedback. You're right. I'd go to bat for some of those semicolons, including the first one you highlighted, but I agree the beginning paragraphs could be written more clearly. I started this story a year ago when my writing style was more florid. Then I backburnered it while I worked on other projects. When I dusted it off, I was in a rush to post, so I didn't tinker with the opening too much.

Thanks as well to the reader who called my writing "unawkward." ;) I'm glad some of you who enjoyed "The Boys Next Door" are enjoying this series too.

writerjabwriterjabover 7 years ago
Hemingway wrote ...

Long sentences and no one complained about it, or, at least he succeeded doing it. SO WHAT you write in a slightly different format. That person missed the feeling by getting lost in mechanics. I liked the story, though I wish it was college. Is it really OK to fuck an 18-year-old high school student or is that still considered against the law? Sure, I lusted for my hot, blonde lit teacher, but nothing became of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Trombonist = trouble

I know. I am one. So is my wife. She is TROUBLE.

Spaniard2017Spaniard2017about 6 years ago
Very enjoyable

Great story telling. Believable and highly erotic.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSilverMuse@SilverMuse
7/24/23 Have you read The Boys Next Door and want more? I have a new book out that follows the journey of a certain twin! There's love, lust, angst, and lots of delicious, kinky, steamy scenes. Find it here: https://www.amazon.com/Man-Hour-Next-Door-Book-ebook/dp/B0C6NHMRBY ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES