All Comments on 'Ingrams & Assoc 3: American Life 02'

by jezzaz

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
javmor79javmor79almost 9 years ago
Damn! Damn! Damn!

So glad you finished this before submitting it. I'll be back tomorrow. This is how story telling is done!

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
This is what brains are for.

I am not sure how I can fully express my admiration for Jezzaz's writing skills and intelligent design of these stories. This chapter explains so much and offers such promise of revelations yet to come..

And for those commentators to the first chapter, whining about why this is a Loving Wives story. Don't you feel silly now?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Marianne l

Please have Ingram & Associates hire Marianne as a consultant. That lady is a beast!

patilliepatilliealmost 9 years ago
Love the Marianne character

And you move the story along nicely. Thx for posting all at once.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Totally a great story!

You have done a super great job with this story. Love Marianne! Thank you!!

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
Super Interesting

I really do not care if there is no sex. The important thing is the people... Though it is not obvious to me why Tara was sending people after him, guilt? or love?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
WOW!

5*

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 9 years ago
It Kinda

Looks like your stories have a common theme. A guy trying to do good is trampled on (in many cases, by women) and never seems to be able find his footing while those around him seem to rebound.

With "Live at the game", hubby takes it in the shorts in both the original and the sequel. In this case, with Joe, he was injured in battle, dumped by not one, but two wives and then dies...tough for a happy ending in this puppy. Then, before he checks out he rescues two of three drunken idiots and gets blamed for the death of the third? Wow, it'll be interesting to see where you are taking this joyful tale.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 9 years ago
Impressive

Is there an age cut-off for recruits into Ingram's?

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Too much to comment on: great story, interesting characters, compelling drama.

Others have already mentioned the many positive ways this story rocks. But I would like to respond to Marianne claiming that Joe's failed marriages were not his fault. That is like claiming getting bitten by a rattle snake is not your fault. If you are in rattlesnake country, and you are not watching out for rattlesnakes, listening for rattlesnakes, looking closely before you put your foot down, or stick your hand out, then you should not be too surprised that you get bitten by a rattlesnake. Marianne even contradicts her own claim of Joe's innocence when she says she told him it was not his fault, he just chose poorly. So who's fault is it for the choices he made? April smelled Penny's stink within 5 minutes of being in her presence. Joe courted and lived with her for years, and couldn't tell how immature, selfish, dishonest, and greedy she was? And this after Tara should have sensitized him to the behavior and mannerisms of dishonest self-serving women? You walk out into a cross walk without even looking, you should not be too surprised you get your ass run over one day by some drunk with no license. I mean, the guy has bloody combat experience and he jumps on a guy with a knife with no weapon of his own? He's walking around a city at night and he's not even carrying a walking stick? Sorry. Joe may be a nice guy, but he is definitely a sucker and a fool. No sympathy here.

Great thought provoking story. Thank You.

green117green117almost 9 years ago
Well now...

Holy Deus ex Machina Batman! -

Marianne gets most of your exposition done by magic...

Anyway, interesting story - flawed characters are much more interesting than perfect ones, and so Marianne's non-existent backstory is kinda dragging at my attention.

"micro expressions" - in the real world, I've read they aren't as good as all of that. Not sure of course, but Paul Ekman certainly seems to be making money on the concept... which is a bit of a red flag. "Mind Reading" is an odd concept - would you want to read the minds of the people around you? Suppose you ran into someone truly strange - different concepts, different culture - could you read their mind? Taking cues only works if you have a clue about what the cues mean, and those clues are situation and culture dependent. YMMV.

Lots of stuff in the air - interested to see how you sort it out.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wow!Marianne shattered April ego really good!

Five stars.

looking4itlooking4italmost 9 years ago

Nice to find someone more aware of the world than "Ingrams". Would love for the Marianne character to have a conversation with Dermott then Jessica. Nice to see a story where they aren't manipulating innocents or being prostitutes to get the job done. Thanks for taking April down a notch, I think her character needed it in order for the grand overall story to continue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great story # 5

However you cant call the VA and get any information. Those idiots dont have a clue what their doing much less missions going on in the real world. And black hawks are troop carriers not gun ships .

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Another good chapter

Congrats. Another good chapter. Four out of five. Ex-wives are clearly the key to finding out about Joe. April is getting far more interesting that she was in the first few Ingram stories. Great writing as usual. I look forward to the next chapter. Cheers Steve

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1* !!

Thoroughly mindless and talentless garbage !!

This drivel come straight from annals of asylum for insane !

OnethirdOnethirdabout 8 years ago
To the last anon

What a complete douche bag, anon. This is a superb story that is costing you nothing, but I guess it wasn't jerk material enough for you. What a sad piece of meat who can sort of read and type.

I think this story is the best one so far- it is very touching and sad, and it adds dimension to April. I am really looking forward to how it goes. Obviously 5 stars.

LuckyMMLuckyMMalmost 7 years ago
An amazing therapist meeting

An amazing episode with the therapist.

The meeting with the therapist Marianne was the best I've ever read.

In fact it blew my mind because of the insight and perceptiveness of the therapist. The author really present the material so well.

This episode in particular stands out head and shoulders above any other that I've ever read. What a great read. Of course it gets five stars.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Loved Marianne,the therapist, and her insights. Hopefully that will focus April and sort her out. Intriguing that Marianne mentioned Ingrams, how did she know of them?

5⛤ again

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

Sensational. Marianne is Obi-Wan Kenobi. Or Gandalf. In a unique feminine form! What a character!

WoodencavWoodencavover 1 year ago

Wow! Just Wow! What a fantastic Author you are, such amazing imagination, such a clever storey, love the whole Ingrams series, but this storey is the best. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Should be 10!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The therapist character just reinforces the modern superstition that psychology, therapy/counseling are somehow substantial and seriously science bâsed. In reality these beliefs are entirely bogus. Otherwise, good story

Enygma7Enygma7about 1 year ago

Why didn't Ingrams get Marianne on their payroll.she was damn good....this was a dsmn good story

RanDog025RanDog0253 months ago

Damn, what a story! People don't have a clue what the character Joe went through. How dark some of their lives became, the damage to their lives and bodies. My own Dad, a decorated Navy Veteran, no one in the Family knew the extent of what he went through until just before he died then I understood why he handed the Rifle to my Brother or I when it was time to kill the Buck. Why he disappeared when it was time to butcher the animals. I'm just damn glad my time in the service was collecting Intel and representing fellow servicemen because of my knowledge of the Constitution and Law regarding servicemen on base. Excellent story and love the way this Author writes so following now. I hope he's active. Score = 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman3 months ago

more interesting with every Chapter I read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjezzaz@jezzaz
I don’t know why this bit exists? Like I’m gonna tell you about myself.

SIMILAR Stories

Fortune 
4.73
995
403
In Her Eyes 
4.58
1.3k
741
The Honey Trap 
4.77
1.5k
649
The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
621
Equation 
4.81
1.3k
535
More Stories