All Comments on 'Ingrams & Assoc 3: American Life 04'

by jezzaz

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Fantastic ending.

All the things I wish for came true. The medals, retribution on exwives and predatory husbands. After all the sadness this ending uplifted me. I assume Joe is watching t from his personal purgatory and now has enough salve to cover his wounds on his heart and self doubt to allow him to rest in peace finally.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Ehr

I gotta ask, why would you pair off Ambrose and Tara? Why not completely fuck up Tara? It just seems like a shoddy thing to do to Ambrose, pair him off with a cheater.

impo_61impo_61almost 9 years ago
No doubt the best story from "Ingrams & Assoc"...

I waited till the last part to comment and rate this story. It's no doubt the best story from "Ingrams & Assoc"...A pleasure to read it...4*

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 9 years ago
People cheat. People divorce.

It happens. What happened to Tara was wrong, she didn't ruin Julian's life so why ruin hers? Vindictiveness and a need to hurt someone as maliciously as possible. Julian loved her, she wasnt in love with Julian so why punish her? Julian chose to live his life as he saw it with no need for retribution so again, what was the point?

As for the grotesque end for Hector Gonzalas? Seriously? I couldn't read it because it made me vomit. What the Sam fuck is wrong with you? I don't know who or what shit on you but work your therapy out somewhere else.

javmor79javmor79almost 9 years ago
Awesome story

This is the first story that I felt impatient waiting on the chapters in a long time. I don't know what I would have done if they weren't posted everyday. This was story telling at its best.

I must admit that I felt a little bad for Tara though. It was obvious that felt bad for what she did and she was repentant in her own way. Not saying that she didn't deserve what she got. Not at all. But I felt a little bad for her.

All around excellent story. This is the way it is done.

patilliepatilliealmost 9 years ago
Nice job

Had to 5 it. Best of your work since Live from the Game.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Excellent writing

One of my favorites. Thanks for your effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great story, but.

The revenge on Western, and the murderer was a bit over the top, especially in light of the previous reference comparing Joe to Jesus Christ, the Great Redeemer and Forgiver of sins. But the story elicited strong emotions from me, and I gave it a five star rating anyway.

wonder203wonder203almost 9 years ago
Seriously

This story fits in Loving wives because of the cheating but it could have been a short story anywhere. It was that good. Gratuitous sex would have harmed this story and the author did not let it. Thank you for that. It was a well written good story that had so much in it there is really nothing to break out and talk about separately. Great characters.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for this story as well as your others. I am partial to longer, multipart stories that have trials and tribulations and ultimately redemption. I love the flawed characters that, for the most part, have a chance at a happy ending, even if it requires penance and sacrifice. It hits home with me. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
really ...

These Ingrams stories are pretty boring. Totally unrealistic and without any natural narrative premise beyond the straightforward basics.

Yes they are well written and quite gripping little detective/secret agent fantasies but certainly nothing special for the genre. Of course they stand out in LW as extremely high quality because the majority of LW material is so poor it could have been written by a pet rock. Maybe that's why they are posted in LW ? This particular tale was both quite depressing and about as non-erotic as I would have thought possible.

This author clearly believes he is developing his April character quite well through these little vignettes but Ian Fleming he's not and she is just as shallow and oxymoronic as most of his carbon copy villains.

It's however quite nice to see the author writing in the third person without making a complete wreck of it. Technically it was reasonably proficient especially for Lit. Which again makes it stand out amongst the tedious examples of assassination of the English language that get posted here on a seemingly daily basis.

So essentially it wasn't that good at all but it looks good compared to most of the other stuff around here which is why people seem to be jumping on it as some kind of revelation.

What I'd like to see this author abandon his secret agent fantasy world for something he genuinely does write well (ie: all his other works set in the real world).

Get back to reality with your fantasy ....so to speak.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 9 years ago
Vengeance for Joe Sullivan

I really like April. This lady sure didn't pull her punches getting vengeance for Joe. Hope she kept Max and took care of him.

ohioohioalmost 9 years ago
Very powerful, very sad story

jezzaz writes better than at least 99% of the authors on Lit, and every one of his stories is involving and emotionally compelling. It's hard to make anything happy out of a tale that begins with the hero's death, but this one succeeds remarkably well.

Thanks, ohio

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
J, What I enjoyed...

...about this entire storyline is how you meticulously developed the characters and made us have some understanding of how each fictional person came to represent the shade of personality, you assigned them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Sad and thought provoking

Sad, once I started I vowed to finish it, but it was an emotional slog because you feel so bad for the guy. Good technique of using his diaries to both tell parts of the story, flesh out the characters.

She did bring retribution, but the fainal end of the story was too good to be true. The bureaucracy rarely admits it screwed up. But it made a nice ending.

Thanks for such a finely crafted story.

looking4itlooking4italmost 9 years ago

I am going to agree with impo and say this is the best of the Ingrams stories mostly from the perspective that while there was some deception (nothing more than a normal P.I. would be likely to do) it wasn't about playing mind games with innocent people, getting them to behave the way a company or government wants them to. I enjoy a certain degree of justice, even if it isn't in a realistic way. If I wanted purely realistic story I'd simply read the news or search out neighborhood gossip. In a tale the realism can come from the premise but enjoyment will come from seeing the outcome serve justice which is not always the way the real world works. I was recently wondering if a new Ingrams story was coming and (as it was promised) here it is. Again, thank you for not dragging out the chapters for days or weeks apart.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicalmost 9 years ago
Very good story

Just shows how any woman can destroy a man when they want to up their social class, and say it "was for the best"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good writer, Good story.

Jezzaz shows that one can write a good story without making it prono. One of the best writers on literotica. Some times his stories are overly long. I would like to see what he could do with a flash story.

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 9 years ago
Good recovery

In the final chapter. Too bad Joe wasn't around to appreciate it...but then, there wouldn't be a story would there?

Although the main character was pushing daisies, I liked this story much better than "Long After the Game", I am still looking for some redemption for Ryan in another sequel to that tale.

Well written...thanks for sharing.

wheelzCOwheelzCOalmost 9 years ago
Absolutely outstanding story!

This was well thought out and well written. I felt so bad for Joe and how his life was treating him and the author completed the "full circle" and ended with the best possible outcome. By far the best Ingrams & Associates story to date.

pumpop201pumpop201almost 9 years ago
Simply wonderful

Simply wonderful, just as the other, "Ingrams & Assoc", stories. I envy your imagination and writing talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
This retribution was stale

You are a very good writer but it is impossible for the readers to feel justice is done when the victim is dead. You might as well had God read the journal and pull him out of purgatory and sit Joe next to Jesus and push Peter to the side. While you made fun of the silly stories that had the victim get the big book/movie deal this was just as silly. Having April scold his ex-wives years after their actions is silly. So is your Ingrams storyline. That said I guess this is the best of that bunch. I only read the last chapter but don't feel like I missed anything thanks to your journals. I don't really want to hear how the dead guy got screwed.

I am interested in seeing if you can rehabilitate Ryan in a realistic way. I would encourage you to have him go back to what he knows and likes. He liked to ride; that's a great way to get in shape. He felt needed at the old job. Have him go back to save the company or work for one of his ex-clients. Let him have fun and be a good dad.

Thanks for your hard work. Happy 4th of July.

reasonable man

luedonluedonalmost 9 years ago
No

I dislike retribution.

I abhor violence.

Apart from that, I liked the story.

L

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
You pitiful unimaginative bastard!

I was really enjoying your story, the whole series, when you dump this shit on us?

"Ambrose, I know this is unexpected, but I need you to take me to bed. Right now. Please. I need to feel something other than I feel right now. What I've read, it breaks my heart and I can't keep feeling that. Take me upstairs right now and do it. Please."

You put a bullet right through April's brain, or where one would be if she had one. Have you even read your own stories? You know what this woman has been through, what she has experienced, her intellect, her courage, her logic. And then you have her go cock hungry to assuage her sympathy for a simpering self-deceiving fool?

Unfortunately I get it. You want to finish the story, you want them to fuck, and you have simply lost your enthusiasm and creative energy for this story. Hell, maybe we shouldn't be surprised. Creative plausible romance between two such complicated and conflicted characters, well, what you gonna do? "Wow, April, you found Joe." "Yeah, and I've been reading about his really sad life. Wanna fuck?"

Wanna be an interesting author? At least you can do better next time. Your April character will be a moron led by her cunt from here on out. And she was such an interesting and intriguing woman up till then. Nice assassination. Hope you really meant to pull that trigger. Not even Jesus can bring this bitch back to life.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 9 years ago
Another story where the comments and the rating seem contradictory...

... I was bored practically to tears by the time I reached the end of this mess and, even though some of the comments mirror my dislike, this story rates off the charts. I just don't get it.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 9 years ago
*****

It felt canned.

Still, I liked it. It felt "American".

Cowboy (girl?) justice.

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
Fascinating

The idea that you can have vengeance from beyond the grave is not that strange after all the clan feuds in Scotland and Albania were exactly of this type. I really enjoyed having Maximum Dog around. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Ok....

It's not perfect but this is the first time I've teared up reading a literotica story (the funeral). I have to agree with others that the retribution was often out of proportion to the crime. I was also surprised that the boy saved in the drunken swimming incident got off Scot free.

slamdog1slamdog1almost 9 years ago
Captivating

This story had my attention from the get go. You have a new fan.

jezzazjezzazalmost 9 years agoAuthor
You know...

"..I was also surprised that the boy saved in the drunken swimming incident got off Scot free."

I honestly hadn't considered that. Damn. Missed that.

One thing I am annoyed at is that I had planned an extra scene, between April and Marianne, at the funeral, where Marianne asked if April had got what she wanted. I had it written out and completely forgot to put it in.

Oh well, it'll go in the Ebook compendium I'll do when I've finished the Ingrams series.

There are 3 stories left to be told, by the way.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 9 years ago
Interesting

Overall I am just not sure about this story. I did rate it a 5 even though it seems unrealistic and with unbelievable characters. The bottom line it was definitely entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
***

should have been a **, you were saved by the funeral...NOT the retribution. Semper shame on you. April puts two guys down and a MARINE COMBAT VETERAN is stabbed in both lungs by one sorry assed punk...seriously? You wrote Joe's character but you didn't 'get' him. The actions of others may have dismayed him, but they didn't touch his core values...he would not have approved of Aprils BTB/B campaign. Other than Joe and Max, Ambrose was the only credible character, all the others were caricatures...villains and superheroes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story with revenge that was a bit over the top

Congrats. Great story. Some chapters were fives. Overall it was a solid four. I really, really liked the backward-in-time journal entries. Very emotionally powerful. I liked April's relentlessness. A couple of times early in the story I wasn't sure you set up the reason for that relentlessness well enough. But I got used to it.

I loved how Joe got his due in the end, including his real son And I like a lot of the revenge. But some of it was way over the top. There is a narrative danger of making April too powerful because then it is hard to put her in peril in the future.

Putting the first wife and the cop together at the end was a fascinating choice. It was unexpectedly forgiving of April, although the author has shown himself to be forgiving of a cheating wife in some of his stories. I guess Tara was genuinely remorseful.

I loved the references to other characters like Deanna. I loved Live from the Game even if I had problems with Long After the Game. And the Easter egg of the reference to the Angel of Death in Florida is, of course, a nod to another of my favourite authors on this site by the name of Daniel Q. Steele. If anyone hasn't read his stories yet you are in for a treat.

And speaking of favourite authors, I notice Ohio made a comment on this story. Please, please Ohio write us some more stories. I miss you. Cheers Steve

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Bravo

I was literally in tears by the end. This isn't erotica, its adult oriented fiction. And this was one of the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
good

It really tugged my feelings around. Thanks for the great read.

SensateSensateover 8 years ago
Thank you

This was a wondeful story. I also was in tears at the end. You are a great writer and should be published.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 8 years ago
Nice finish

This story was all I hoped it would be, and ended with a bang. You should be very proud of your accomplished writing, and once again ignore the anon critics- they wouldn't know a good story if it bit them on the ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Well written, but . . .

Total absence of any loving wives, so mkiscategorized. Should have been in the I got hurt & can't get over it category.

telboy17telboy17about 8 years ago
Well written story .... but

April's needs to look in a mirror when she calls the other women whores. She even gets a large pay packet to be the cheatee with married men and women making her the real deal of a whore.

When she gave her sermon to the cheating low life ex wives I couldn't help being reminded of very similar words she uttered to lover/partner in a previous episode. She even went back and used him to finish her assignment.

Retribution and payback was deserved and needed for the ex's and their lovers but in this story it was just ridiculous and so unrealistic and unbelievable. And to make it more ridiculous the mayor and his son got off scott free.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
VERY well written story...

With no BUTS! This was an excellent story written about a man with, not one, but two 'loving wives.' Sorry Annoy 4/1/16, but you're wrong. The standard of a good story is the ability to use words to put an image so vivid into your mind that you can not only picture the characters but you can feel the emotions of these same characters. This story was successful beyond all expectations. Absolute 5* story.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 8 years ago
Marianne Dubowski needs her own series

Or maybe some kind of Ingrams vs Dubowski showdown.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nuns?

I’m an agnostic Pagan and have problems with all th Abrahamic sects but as a Nam Vet I’ll always respect the work the Salvation Army has done and wish the military would sever their connections with the Red Cross. Both the male and female full time workers in the Salvation Army are referred to as Soldiers and most deserve that respect.

I loved this story and despite some minor goofs I’d give it six stars if available.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

Marvelous story arc

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Outstanding alternative to the usual LW stories. Yes, April may be a little 2 faced but her heart is in the right place and she uses her body for good generally.

Would be interested in knowing how Marianne knows Ingrams, perhaps a story with this as the theme.

5⛤ excellent

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Brilliant alternative to the usual LW stories. Yes, April may be a little 2 faced but her heart is in the right place and she uses her body for good generally.

Would be interested in knowing how Marianne knows Ingrams, perhaps a story with this as the theme.

5⛤ excellent

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

These are hum-dingers of good, no, very fine stories. So thanks very much for them.

WoodencavWoodencavover 1 year ago

Terrific storey. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Brilliant!!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Fantastic!

RanDog025RanDog0253 months ago

Damn, I found another Favorite Author! Other than the worthless dot dot dots everyone claim is an Ellipsis. But when I taught in College, an Author uses his words in his story to indicate a pause that the reader pauses where ever he wants any way. Another 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS AND A BIG THANKS for the most amazing story I've read in six months. Thank you!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman3 months ago

Excellent story, just excellent. Just forgot to get some revenge on the Mayor and his Son. Maybe create, mount a historical Plack and name the new park after Joe Sullivan. Thought maybe She MC would retire with Ambrose and buy the campground and all the cabins where Joe lived.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjezzaz@jezzaz
I don’t know why this bit exists? Like I’m gonna tell you about myself.