All Comments on 'Inside and Out'

by DeYaKen

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
I'm so sad...

DYK...it's the end of a terrific story. Skillfully written, great characterizations, interesting dilemmas, adult conversations, judicious usage of introspection and well-paced revelations that developed the depth of your characters..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great

Another winner!

Boyd Percy

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
Great Romance!

You would have gotten more readers if you had posted it as the second part of the Loving Wives story. For me, seeing you as author sucked me right in.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Very good, but . . .

one big problem. How could so many people think so much of her husband Will when he was such a thoroughly evil person? That casts a shadow over the whole story.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
Good one

They both deserved to be happy without their cheating spouses.

Would really like to see more about Josie's eventual suffering from her disease. Doesn't have much to do with the future life of Paul and Maria, except for the fact that we know they'll eventually end up taking in Josie's kids whether they turn out to be Paul's biological spawn or not. Paul's just not the kind of man who can turn off his love for children he's raised as his, and Maria's not the kind of woman who can stand in the way of him doing it (if anything, she'll be the one to convince him it's the right thing to do if he has any doubts).

Maybe one of the author's future stories can have Josie make a cameo appearance as a miserable, lonely, sick old woman living in a care home years after her kids learned what she did to their family and cut her out of their lives...

MechTeckMechTeckalmost 9 years ago
Very enjoyable

But the end seemed to leave more questions than answers

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 9 years ago
nice sequel

All's well that ends well....

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 9 years ago
Excellent Sequel

In terms of plot, really good to see the Prof come out winning - he didn't deserve what happened to him (which was of course the point of the story). In terms of rioting, well paced and interesting as DYK stories always are.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 9 years ago
PS: thank you Apple for the "rioting" spell correction...

... On my post above. Could have been worse I guess. Go iPad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
3*s

Very good follow up. Thanks.

Glad she is not pregnant with another man's child.

Enjoy the happy ending.I did!

AMerryman

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
He won't really care

Paul's comments about paternity tests is just his anger toward Josie talking. He's not the kind of man who will blame the children for the sins of their mother. He'll take them whether he's their sperm donor or not, and he'll probably decide not to test them after all, because he raised them as his and to them he's the only father they know. He's just going to replace the only real problem his family had: Josie.

jimbo103jimbo103almost 9 years ago
read it all

all your stories, this was the last, according to me it was the best.

unfortunately i feel a dark foreboding with the end of this story, the level of intimacy between character and the time you spent on their reconciliation, makes me feel as if you were just gently saying a farewell to us all your readers.

i hope am wrong & you write more to your hearts content, but if this is your last, then we will miss your works, there's no story in ur list that didn't show us a diff aspect of the human condition, words of gratitude are only a pittance of what we could say abt ur works. so thank you for the wonderful stories, i know you wish you could get back to us, but you gave us the best gift in your stories, i am forever more thankful to you effort.

Jim

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
no

plot holes the size of tunnels. he was in the middle of a nasty divorce and boyfriend's name was in the divorce papers. he kills him and no one notices? what kind of joke trial was that?

no conclusion with cardboard evil ex-wife and bastard children.

horrible punctuation. needs lot of editing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
W.T.F. HAPPENED TO HIS KIDS

Beginning second to none. Towards the end I feel you run out of ideas! She-it man! I would hate to be in Pauls shoes (Bush loves to duck flying shoes) FUCKEN HELL MAN WHAT ABOUT HIS KIDS? Story is OK! See ya. OH OH! His heart was nearly as big as KIM KARDASHIAN'S ASS

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 7 years ago
Foolish ending

Nice idea. A bit too much dancing around and beating around the bush at the end, and I'd like to have seen the large fellow develop a life (like hook up with Paula's friend; I don't care if that is too pat, I'd just like to see the love spread around). I think the children were given every opportunity- they weren't ignored as in so many LW tales. Finally, the first wife with Parkinson's was kind of left hanging. Will he get his kids? Are they his? Other than a few loose ends, I enjoyed the story.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 6 years ago
Great story

Excellent sequel to the original. Although not stated, I get the impression that Paul and Josie are quite a bit older than Maria and assume his children are older, possibly already young adults by the time Josie’s Parkinson’s disease is diagnosed, and so it may well be years before she is unable to have an active role in the life of their children and grandchildren. Whether or not they were his biological children, his character would have wanted to be part of their lives and this was clearly where he had planned on being before Maria invited him to join her family for Christmas. Paul’s children and his relationship with them is a loose end that needed clarity. Other than that, a different kind of plot that was well worth a second outing and a really good read.

Horseman68Horseman68about 6 years ago
Great Read.

A very engaging tale of the tribulations of a complicated love in the real world. Will go for more of this author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
only just sumbled on this

only just stumbled on this and glad I could read this and the prequel in one go. The hard bit to believe for me is that he lied in court , that clashes totally with his character , after all he would have sworn to tell the truth which is more than just a promise and he " always keeps his promises "....

Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Re: I only just stumbled on this.

No, he did not swear to tell the truth. He just pled guilty and then asked to explain. There was no swearing in, he was just given the opportunity to clear up the confusion he created with his guilty plea.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 4 years ago

What about his kids are they his? Otherwise an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Rats! I was just sure that Geordie was going to end up with Sally. Thanks for sharing your stories with us. Well worth it at twice the price.

Ironman52Ironman52almost 4 years ago
Love an HEA! 5*

This was a perfect ending to a heart rendering tale!

meduckiesmeduckiesalmost 4 years ago
Amazing!!!!

Great followup to the story. All the best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Finally finished

Good

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Maria was a stupid bitch with shit for brains!! Alan her son had more sense!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Her in laws can go fuck themselves....their son waa a cheating vile piece of trash

Phxray54Phxray546 months ago

I’m working my way through all your stories. Many thanks for sharing your talent.

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 month ago

I am so glad you wrote this. Part one left a vile taste in my mouth. Very skillfully done, as usual I am thoroughly enjoying working my way through your work.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Greek tragedy, Pathos. Similar to Alan's question, who could kill his father and bed his mother? (Oedipus Rex?) Yet a hopeful ending...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDeYaKen@DeYaKen
Thank you to all those people who said the enjoyed The Driver. I've been away from Lit for a while I have been concentrating on writing books for sale. The latest, The Unsold Child, is available for $2.99 at https://books2read.com/u/38g5ZB Probably more suitable for Literotic...