All Comments on 'Intrusion Ch. 01'

by Fuinimel

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticabout 7 years ago
Interesting...

An interesting beginning of a story.

Who is the alien that interferes with human minds?

What are the intentions of this alien?

What will happen between Lucy, Liam and Denzel?

I must admit, however, that there is a part of the story that worries me, what relationship will develop between Rebecca and Kate? Will they become a lesbian couple?

I would not like this aspect in the story (my own personal demons, I'm sorry, but it is), I understand that this is Lit, but I am straight, and I like the relationships between man and woman, I already had my problems in the Life with relationships between lesbians and me. I respect them and I am not against them, but they are no longer part of my book.

I apologize if this comment bothers someone, but my personal experience was painful in my feelings.

Anyway, 5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

FuinimelFuinimelabout 7 years agoAuthor

Thank you for your feedback. I'm not going to give away where the story is heading, but I'll say that lesbianism isn't a big part of it. On the other hand, as you'll know if you've read some of my other stories, it isn't something I shy away from, so I'm afraid it isn't going to be zero percent, either.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
****

Can't wait for the next part. Good so far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Interesting start, looking forward to seeing the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thanks for saving me the trouble

I stopped at the first paragraph.

“The capsule span, out of control...”

If you fuck up the past tense of spin then there really is no point in going further.

FuinimelFuinimelover 6 years agoAuthor

You are mistaken; in British English, "span" is a grammatically correct alternative form for the past tense active voice of "to spin". Now, on the other hand, one could certainly argue that "spun" would have been a better word choice, as it is much more common even in British English, and would have been less jarring to American readers (for whom, as you say, it would be flat-out wrong).

But, on the gripping hand, if "span" is good enough for Douglas Adams and JK Rowling (and it is), then it's good enough for me :)

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 5 years ago
Span?

Technically it is past of verb spin, but it is an archaic meaning and not used in current day.

Spun is used in the modern world since the wheel was invented.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous