Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Hmmmm.....not so great

I felt there wasn't much plot development in this chapter, nor any at all other than Cass improving her relationship with Catherine and what the Queen is doing to Cass. Sex scenes were over-extensive and there were too many flashbacks, especially of SIDE CHARACTERS, in which case I believed to disrupt the flow of the story when I'm reading this chapter to be dedicated primarily towards Cassandra herself. I'm wondering myself how these sex scenes improve or further the story since it seems to be...mindless. I understand and read that you incorporated these kind of things in previous chapters, but rather than the sex scenes, for example, furthering one's romance with someone like in films, seduce the daughter of a Canadian politician so the Hive can expand beyond the U.S., seduce a cop to bust out a hive sister, or in Cass's case, the Queen's seduction of her into the Hive to begin her new life since she is the protagonist, I felt it didn't go anywhere. Once again, too many flashbacks and mindless sex scenes. I read this chapter as this: Cass has a few flashbacks, goes to some building to carry out her mission, seduces some random chick who got back from overseas, sex scenes here and there, and that's it. I don't know man, this chapter didn't sit right with me.

Though if the story is this extensive, I'd rather you release the chapters as WHOLE segments instead of one 8-10 page chapter every 2 weeks, or in this case, you were late on schedule since 2 weeks = 14 days or so and it's been 18 or so days now until this chapter was FINALLY submitted. LATE! If you can't meet the deadline, then please don't claim you'll deliver within the timeframe. It was especially unnverving when it was over 8 months until you finally posted a new chapter to the series: the Act 3 introduction with Catherine. You promised "soon" in Act 2. I thought you gave up on the story. It does hurt readers if authors don't deliver their claims, especially after you forgot to incorporate readers' inputs on incorporating the names of celebrities into future chapter...Yeah, I remember this is what you said in Chapter 2 when they meet the Queen the first time. Remember, there is nothing wrong with a long-ass story. Look at Game of Thrones, Count of Monte Cristo, the Illiad, and the other long-ass works of literature. Did people complain about the length? NO! It adds depth and richness to these works. So perhaps you should do the same. Heck, look at the stories on Literotica's Hall of Fame on every category. Almost all of them have over 10 pages by a huge margin.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
One more thing...

Might as well say every 2 weeks, maybe even longer now, since you never release a chapter within the next week so far.

Don't take this as some bitter vehemence. This is just my critique as a reader who has followed this series since 2014.

GayTripperGayTripperabout 8 years agoAuthor
Disciple

I definitely see where you are coming from but you are complaining that my story is not being released soon enough for your liking and also complaining about the stories not being long enough. Hard to have it both ways. I know I said every two weeks for a new release, but things going on in my personal life made that difficult to attain. Cassandra's story was going to be the longest by far, over 20 pages. At a certain point, since there was a natural break close to the middle I thought it might be better to release it in installments so I could offer something for my readers instead of making everyone wait a few more weeks to read the whole thing. But judging by the current rating for this story I might end up regretting that decision. Still, I appreciate that you take the time to read my stories and comment on each of them. Even if you are being honest and saying you didn't care for it... I even gave you a tribbing scene you asked for a year ago and you still didn't like it... :( I haven't forgotten the celebrity portion either, considering that Taylor Swift and Kate Upton appeared in this story and there has been another that pop up in a different part that hasn't been revealed yet. There is still more to come, and hopefully you like Cassandra's Night better since it is probably more of a "real" story. I appreciate the critique, though after a while only hearing the negative makes it even more difficult to find the motivation to continue writing.

theantjacktheantjackabout 8 years ago
No Complaints here......

I have not one thing to say (-) about this wonderful alien invasion story...but everything (+) ...first off, i love your attention to detail you've given to every character in this story...In "Sherri's Story" i formed a sympathetic bond with Candice & Sharon, i think this series is a very great one indeed..coming from a sci-fi up loader as myself ( http://antjacks-femalepossession-mindcontrol.blogspot.com/?zx=3e80a33d698ddd6d ) i just want to say keep it up, and i cant wait for the next chapters to come.....THEANTJACK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGayTripper@GayTripper
503 Followers
All my writing efforts are currently focused on completing the "Sisters of the Fallen" sequel in time for Halloween. You'll hear from me again when things start to feel a bit bit spooky this Autumn.