All Comments on 'Is Love All or Nothing? Ch. 05'

by DestinyReader

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
thanks

I have been waiting for the next chapter. Nice to learn about that syndrome. I have known of people with adp. And this explains . Great.

666iceman666icemanover 7 years ago
Words you write are more than just words

I have a couple of grankids who have this ilness, the way you have written this story is a wonderfull way of explaining to those who dont know what happens within the mind of those who are troubled with the illness. Even the part about the games and the food issues are spot on. Please keep enlightening the many on what the few suffer. Great storyline, well written please keep it going and end in a good happy way. Thank you.

DestinyReaderDestinyReaderover 7 years agoAuthor
thank you

Thank you everyone for the kind words and constructive criticism. Chapter 6 should be up in the next few days.

sameer73sameer73over 7 years ago
liked it

Very nicely written. I liked the story. Waiting for more.

wieliczkawieliczkaover 7 years ago
OK, you didn't want to wrote about your syndrome

But you gave us a view of your world. That is a wonderful 'unintended consequences.' I do hope that your characters are believable, but I'm not worried about that. Honesty can be faked, but I don't feel that that is what you are all about. Thanks for your efforts and openness.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Another Five Star performance

Yes I know that the text does not always identify who is speaking and there are words that distract but still the message is clear. Jackie was the courageous one in this chapter. You have me wondering if two people with Aspergers become close friends, if the explosion is guaranteed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
AAARRGGHHHH!

I was trying for 5* and somehow hit the 1* with no way of fixing it. So sorry. Damn touchscreen!

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Great chapter

This has been a great chapter. Looks like the clouds are moving away on the horizon. What I do not understand is because everyone is having so many secrets. Melissa does not want to talk about her late brother with Jackie, we still do not know almost anything about her boyfriend, although several references have been made to him. And I'm not clear about the role of Andy with reference to Melissa and Jackie, I'm afraid to think that it could interfere in Keith and Jackie's relationship. Will he end up having a relationship with Melissa? Or will he limit himself to his role as Keith's best friend?

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

ag2507ag2507over 5 years ago
Asperger's

You claim to want to help people to understand Asperger's better. That is good, but I'm afraid you are offering a very simplistic picture of a complex cocktail of issues. You offer a sample of one and we have seen too many well meaning folk assume that the cardboard cutout sufferer they are familiar with is a model for every other that they meet. Let's face it, pretty much every medical doctor you meet is somewhere on the spectrum, they'd never get through medical school otherwise. Same goes for most Medal of Honour winners: it's the focus that 'normals' don't have that lets them succeed.

DestinyReaderDestinyReaderover 5 years agoAuthor
Reply to ag2507

First of all Keith's Asperger's is based off me and my Asperger's. The sample I'm using is me. Yes, up through this chapter the portrayal is simple because if I were to give an in-depth look and say everything Keith would be thinking people would stop reading.

Second, not every doctor is on the spectrum and reckless generalizations like that are harmful and belittle the experiences of those who truly have Asperger's/Autism. The trait of hyper focusing isn't the only diagnostic criteria. People with Asperger's/Autism also tend to not understand social rules and social cues, more anxious, are more sensitive to touch, taste and sound, along with other diagnostic criteria that I can't think of off the top of my head.

The example of Asperger's in this story is my experience. My girlfriend, one of her friends, and my dad also have Asperger's. This story isn't meant to represent them and what they experience, but it does give a better general understanding.

If anyone does have any questions about Asperger's/Autism and why I write Keith to be a certain way in this story along with main character in my second story please feel free to send me feedback. I am more than happy to help others give a better general understanding of Aserpger's/Autism.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Enjoying the story the way it is

This is your story to write as you see fit, just keep writing, it is very enjoyable, you don’t have to explain yourself to any of us. You put yourself out there to tell your version/ story about aspergers, I for one appreciate it

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDestinyReader@DestinyReader
The final chapter of "Love of Autism" has been sent to my editor. Yes, the final chapter.

SIMILAR Stories