Is Love All or Nothing? Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I went back to her place and spent the night there."

"I see. Did you sleep in the couch?"

"No. We slept together in her bed."

That caused Andy's eyes to leave the TV and look at Keith. "Slept as in had sex?"

"Yes and you let yourself be killed."

Andy turns his attention back to the TV but it was too late as his death ended up being the final one needed for the other team to win.

"Damn it."

"Well our win streak had to end at some point. Six games is a lot."

"Yeah. I think that means we need to take a small break too."

They exit out of matchmaking and Keith goes to the refrigerator to get two bottles of beer. He screws the tops off and gives Andy his beer.

"So how did it happen?"

"Well the man puts his penis in the woman's vagina," Keith says mocking Andy

"I know that asshole. What led to you two having sex?"

"We actually planned on having sex the whole time. She proposed the idea to me on Tuesday and of course I agreed."

"Damn, it's about time. So how was it?"

"It was awesome and that is all I'm going to say about it."

"Fair enough. I can only imagine what Melissa's reaction will be when she finds out." That gets Keith to start quietly laughing. "What? Did she find out already or something?"

"She walked into the apartment while we were still sleeping and decided to scream in excitement at the fact we had slept together when she saw us."

Andy starts laughing hard when he hears that. They had walked in on each other before as roommates when having sex with a woman but they accepted that something like that would happen in a college dorm room setting. After that, they had never walked in on each other or if they saw them sleeping with another woman they would quietly go into their own bed as if nothing was happening. But this was just too funny.

"Wow! What was Jackie's reaction?""

"She was pissed. I don't think I've ever seen her so mad and I hope to never be on the receiving end of that anger."

"How scary could she be when she's mad?"

"Remember Julie from sophomore year when she found out you had slept with another girl even though you two weren't together?"

Andy knows actually what Keith is talking about. That woman was convinced they were an item after having a one night stand and was almost stalking him for a couple of weeks. When she had found out that Andy was sleeping with another woman, she flipped out. He felt scared that she was actually going to do something to him or the woman he was sleeping with.

"I hope you're not calling Jackie crazy."

"No, of course not. I'm just saying remember when how mad she was? Jackie was up there on the anger scale, not the crazy scale."

"Damn. That's really mad."

"Yeah, but she soon forgave Melissa after handing down her punishment."

"What was her punishment?"

Keith takes a sip of his beer before answering, "Star Trek Voyager marathon."

A look of pain comes across Andy's face. "What is with you two and your love of Star Trek?"

"Not our fault we love good TV and movies."

"Oh yeah, what will you have to watch for your punishment if you make Jackie mad enough?"

Keith's face turns to a dreadful look. "One of the stupid Housewives shows."

"You better not do anything then to make her mad."

"You think?"

The two continue to talk about other things from work and plans for the week. They each drink a few beers and just have a good time chatting. However, a thought was scratching Keith's head that wouldn't go away.

"So why did you come into my apartment at two in the morning?"

"What do you mean?"

"You said you came into my apartment at two in the morning. No matter what happened that night to either of us you always waited until at least nine Saturday morning. What happened that you needed to talk to me at that hour?"

Andy finishes the beer he is working on before gathering his thoughts to tell Keith what is going on.

"Well, I have actually met someone that I've been on a few dates with."

That was news to Keith. He didn't know his best friend was even thinking about dating, much less actually dating.

"Do I know this person?"

"No, it is no one anyone in our group knows I believe."

"Ok. What's this person's name?"

"Her name is Lauren. She's one of the female regulars at the bar."

That took Keith even more by surprise. In all the years Andy had been working at bars, he had never asked out any of the patrons to his knowledge. Several women had given him their phone numbers, but he never called them.

"What made Lauren different from any of the other regulars that you two started dating?"

"Well it didn't start out as dating. A couple months ago I noticed she wasn't her normal self. She seemed really depressed and I asked her what was wrong. She said she didn't want to talk about and I left it alone at the time. She ordered a few shots which is normal for her but when she asked for her sixth shot after sitting down within the hour, I cut her off."

"How did she react when you cut her off?"

"She was mad and it didn't help she was drunk. She was going to go home but I had one the security guys stop her from leaving. I called a cab for her to take her home, but I left her a note with my number saying I was worried about her and that I had an ear to listen if she needed it. A week later, she called me and we met on one of my off days.

"We had lunch and she told me that her ex-boyfriend was stalking her. It was starting to affect her and no one she talked to was willing to help her. Turns out the stalker shows up and tries to create a scene. I stand up and tell him to leave her alone or he'll have to deal with me. He then threw a punch that I easily avoid and I returned the favor by punching him in the gut."

"I've never known you to back down from a fight from any guy that throws the first punch."

Andy laughs at the statement by Keith. "That is true and this guy should have known better anyway, especially when I've got about four inches on him and much more muscle than him. He didn't get the hint though and tried to throw another punch, but I caught his arm and tackled him to the ground. It took him a while to figure out he was beat. After he stopped struggling, I let him go and he ran off like the coward he is.

"Lauren was very grateful that I defended her. I told her it was the right thing to do. We've hung out at least once a week since then but two weeks ago I asked her on a proper date. She accepted and since then things have gotten very serious. On Friday, she stopped by the bar and asked if she could meet my friends. While I normally would wait until a decent hour to talk about this with you, I felt like I needed your help sooner rather than later."

"Umm, you know I have no problem meeting her, right?"

"I know but I was hoping you could meet her at Brownstead with Jackie and the three of you get to know each other."

"Why wouldn't you be joining us?" Keith asks very confused about the situation.

"Because the only free night she has this week is Friday and I obviously have to work."

"Ok, but why include Jackie?"

"I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to have another woman there to help her feel more at ease. Plus I've pretty much told her a lot about you two, minus you having Asperger's."

Keith takes a long time to think about this. He wants to help his best friend out, but Andy not actually sitting at the table bothers him. Having Jackie there will make things a little easier as the two woman could just hit it off and become good friends.

"Is there anything I should know about her? I don't want to bring up any topics that would make her uncomfortable."

"Just the usual stuff. Avoid talk about politics, religions and the stalker."

"Ok, what time should we meet her there?"

"If you and Jackie could meet her there around seven that would be perfect. I'll make sure a table is set aside for you three."

"Ok, I'll ask Jackie and see if she is up for it."

"Thanks Keith. Now how about we get back to playing COD. I need to do something fun since it is too cold to shoot some hoops."

**************************************

"So what does Lauren look like?" Jackie asks right after taking a sip from her beer.

"Andy tells me she is Hispanic with black hair that goes just past her shoulders. She's about as tall as you with a little extra weight though. He did say she would be wearing a black blouse with jeans."

"That helps a little."

They continue to look around taking sips from the beer waiting for Lauren. A few minutes go by when a woman approaches them that fits the description Andy gave Keith.

"Are you Keith and Jackie?" she asks timidly.

"Yes we are," Jackie responds. "I assume you are Lauren then."

"Yes I am," she says with a smile, feeling a little more at ease. "How have you two been doing?"

"I've been good," Jackie answers. "Work has been a little rough but overall I can't complain."

"That's good. What about you Keith?"

"I've been doing good as well. Nothing to complain about when I'm here with two beautiful women."

"Andy was right. You would say stuff to try to make me feel comfortable."

"Well I can't help that my statement is true."

"But who is more beautiful?" Jackie asks with a very serious look on her face.

"You know you're the most beautiful in the world," Keith responds without hesitating.

Lauren can't help but laugh at the two lovebirds. "You two really are in love with each other."

"Yes we are," Jackie says with a smile on her face as she looks at Keith. "I'm glad that I met him and that I'm his girl."

"You two met here, right?"

Jackie turns to face Lauren. "Yes we did, although it wasn't anything memorable. If anything, it was just awkward."

"Why was it awkward?"

"Because after five minutes of her introducing herself to me I ran out the door after saying some stupid stuff," Keith says with a grin on his face.

"Ok," Lauren says confused. "So how did you two end up being together then?"

Keith and Jackie take turns explaining the events from the Hibachi restaurant to her date with the guy that tried to drug her and Keith's brave actions of drinking the drugged drink. They then simply said that everything has been going very well between the two, carefully omitting the night Jackie found out Keith had Asperger's and how their relationship almost ended before it started.

"Sounds like you found a real keeper then," Lauren says. "So what are somethings you two have in common?"

"We both like Star Trek," Keith says with a big smile.

"Star Trek?"

"Yep," Jackie responds. "We enjoy watching random episodes of Star Trek with each other and just cuddling."

"Well, it is something."

"So what do you do for work?" Keith asks.

"I work as a waitress for a family owned restaurant. I've been working there for about a year now."

"Do you like working there?"

"I love working there. Even on the busiest nights, it is never overwhelming. We have a great kitchen staff that makes great food which leads to me getting some very nice tips."

"Maybe we'll have to check it out sometime," Jackie says.

The rest of the conversation for the night breaks down into small talk and sharing whatever funny stories they can think of to tell while having a few beers. Andy comes by to check on everyone and is pleased to see Lauren is getting along so well with Keith and Jackie. He gives her a quick kiss before he has to walk back behind the bar.

"You really like Andy, don't you Lauren?" Jackie says noticing Lauren had a glow when he was checking on them.

Lauren blushes at the comment. "Is it that obvious?"

"Oh yes it is, but don't feel embarrassed. Andy is a great guy. In fact when Keith, him, my best friend, her boyfriend and I were hanging out last weekend, we talked about the fact any woman would be lucky to have him."

"I do feel lucky. He's been my rock through everything that has been going on lately. I just hope I don't mess it up."

"Don't worry about being perfect," Keith says. "Just be yourself and don't be afraid to tell Andy how you feel. You'd be surprised how understanding he can be."

"Thank you Keith."

The group continues to talk about random things late into the evening. After a couple of hours, the conversation seems to stall out and everyone is getting tired. Keith asks for the check and offers to pay for the drinks. The women accept the offer graciously.

After Keith pays he offers to walk Lauren to her car as Jackie came with him and she is going to spend the night at his place. Lauren accepts and they walk her to her car. She hugs them and thanks them for a great evening and being so welcoming. She gets in her car and drives home.

Keith and Jackie then walk to his car and he starts the drive to his place.

"Lauren seems very nice," Jackie remarks.

"She does and I think she might be a good fit for Andy off my first impressions."

"Why do you say that?" Jackie asks curiously.

"Andy hates fake women. She's very genuine and cares about him. Plus he tells me she's been a regular there for a while so he's gotten to know her before the incident with her stalker ex."

"Aren't you a regular at Brownstead too?"

"I am," Keith says, thinking back to all the times he would go and have a drink there. "But I usually just kept to myself or focused on the date I may brought with me. I wasn't very social."

"You don't seem like the guy you are describing. The boyfriend I have is very social and confident."

"It's easier for me after I get to know a person. The walls have come down. As much as I hate admitting and don't want to admit that my Asperger's has much influence over my social life, it has a lot of influence over my social life."

"What were you like before you met me when you were around a group of strangers?"

"I was very quiet and very much a people watcher. Sometimes I would listen to conversations the people were having next to me and maybe chimed in, but usually I kept to myself. I was always afraid of saying something really inappropriate or embarrass myself. I always pictured the worst case scenario happening."

"Did you picture the worst case scenario happening with us when we first started dating?"

Keith lets out a laugh before he answers "Well, I wasn't sure how things could get worse after me walking out on you when we first met and I was sure I couldn't do worse than the guy who tried to drug you."

"That is true. After those events, the only place where things could really go is up."

Keith parks the car and they walk to his apartment. He opens the door into his apartment and they both sit on the couch, cuddling each other. They leave the TV off and just enjoy each other's company.

"I know this might sound crazy, even for me, but I really do want us to work," Keith says.

"Why would you say that?" Jackie asks, concerned that Keith would even say such a thing.

"I don't know. My mind just likes to play worst scenarios when nothing is going on. I worry that I'm not good enough for you or that I'll do something that will make you want to break up with me."

"Keith, look at me." Keith turns his head to look into Jackie's eyes. "You have nothing to worry about. You have been the sweetest guy I have ever known. How you treated Lauren today was amazing and you made her feel at ease without even really trying. All you do is make me even happier every day that I'm with you."

Keith feels more at ease with every kind word Jackie says about him. He gives her a kiss.

"Thank you Jackie. I wish my mind wouldn't worry so much and just accept we will work out."

"We'll work on it together, but another day. I think I'm ready to sleep."

"Well then let's go to my bed and sleep."

With that they head off to Keith's bedroom. Keith changes into shorts while Jackie puts on a tank and shorts of her own. They get under his covers with Jackie's back to Keith. He wraps an arm around her stomach and pulls her in close. She takes his arm and pulls it up to her chest so she can wraps her arms around his.

As they lay there Keith thinks about what Jackie told him. He thinks to himself that she is right. There is no reason for him to worry. He would never cheat on her or do anything to hurt her. Soon he finds himself falling sleep with the woman he loves into a great night's sleep.

12