Is Love All or Nothing? Ch. 15

Story Info
While some find happiness, others get into fights.
7k words
4.76
7.8k
12
0

Part 15 of the 19 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 10/01/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Yes, the newest chapter is finally up! Sorry for the long day, but moving into a new place, getting ready, and replacing a few things takes time, especially when a certain stores messes up the order twice! But alas, the new chapter is here for everyone to read and enjoy. Small side note, Keith will mention that an enemy player is 'one shot' in a video he is playing. That means the enemy player just needs to be shot one more time to get killed.

As always I welcome constructive criticism in comment or email form along with any other feedback.

Jackie stirred, slowly waking up, still feeling an arm around her stomach. At the same time she felts like she should have maybe not have had so many drinks the previous night. She turned over and saw Keith smiling at her.

"Good morning beautiful and happy New Year."

"Happy New Year," Jackie mumbled.

"Are you feeling ok?"

"Yeah, just have a pounding headache. I'll be fine."

"I'll go make you some coffee and have some Motrin ready for you when you come downstairs."

"Thank you," Jackie said very appreciative of the offer, "but I probably won't be down for an hour or so."

Keith gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Text me when you want me to start making it then. I'll let you know if someone else has already made a pot."

"You're the best baby," Jackie said, smiling as she turned back over on her side.

Keith got out of bed and put on underwear, shorts, and t-shirt he had packed in his suitcase. He walked downstairs to see Luke and Andy already awake and making breakfast.

"Anything I can do to help?"

"You can help set the table," Luke answered. "Plates are to the right of the sink and silverware in the drawer below that."

Keith got the table set and watched Luke and Andy put the finishing touches on the food.

"Is it just us guys who are awake so far?" Keith asked.

"Yep," Andy answered. "Lauren is still sleeping and Melissa told Luke she will be down in about thirty minutes.

Keith looked back into the foyer of Luke's house to see if any of the women would walk in on the conversation.

"What time do you want to do this?" Keith asked in a quieter voice.

"I was hoping we could do it after lunch," Luke responded nervously. "I just hope she likes it."

"She will love it," Andy whispered loud enough so that only Luke and Keith could hear, "and I know she will say yes."

"I hope so," Luke said lacking confidence in the plan. "If she says no, I don't think I could ever work up the courage to ask her again."

"She loves you with everything she has," Keith said trying to be encouraging. "I don't see how she'll say no."

The guys heard a door close from the upstairs, immediately ceased their conversation, and separated back into their individual duties. Melissa slowly walked into the kitchen as saw the table already set and breakfast almost ready. She looked to see what was being made and couldn't be more exited.

"Blueberry pancakes, breakfast sausage, bacon, and strawberries? Why are you guys making all my favorites?"

"Ask your boyfriend," Andy replied.

"It is just what I had around when Andy and I started making stuff," Luke said trying to convince Melissa. "It is just a happy coincidence I guess."

"Uh-huh, sure," Melissa responded, not convinced at all but is too hungry at the sight of food to question the food choice. "How soon will the food be ready?"

"The first batch of pancakes is ready along with the bacon. Keith, can you grab them and put them on the table?"

Keith simply grabbed the plates of pancakes and bacon and put them on the table. No sooner than when his hands left the plates Melissa grabbed the food. Keith walked back into the kitchen and started making a pot of coffee while waiting for the rest of the food. Within a half hour Jackie and Lauren came down smelling the food and started digging in themselves.

Once Andy was done with what he was cooking, he asked if any of the women wanted any orange juice or just coffee. They all responded with coffee at the same time and Andy got them each a mug and poured their cups for them, getting a thank you each time.

After the rest of the food was made, Andy and Keith sat with their respective girlfriends and got some food as Luke turned everything off in the kitchen. Once he did that he brought a plate of plain pancakes for Keith.

"Andy told me you like yours plain so I made some without blueberries."

"Thank you," Keith said happy for the thought.

The six of them sat around the table talking about celebrating New Year's Eve together and how much fun they had. Slowly the women recovered from their hangovers while the men were doing fine because they didn't drink much the previous night.

"I swear we have three of the best boyfriends of all time, but you guys sure did hold back on drinking," Lauren stated.

"What was with that?" Jackie asked.

"Well, you know already I don't like getting drunk to begin with," Keith defended.

"And I have to work tonight," Andy said, not happy about the thought of working what is normally a slow day every year.

"I didn't want to be a bad influence on the guys either by showing them up with how well I can hold my liquor," Luke joked.

All three women weren't buying the bullshit but were not wide awake enough to want to push the issue. The men were happy they dropped the issue for the time being.

"How are things with your family Keith?" Lauren asked. "Did you two have fun celebrating Christmas?"

Keith hadn't had the chance to tell Andy or anyone else about what happened so he was not surprised the question was being asked. He was just ready to forget about what happened.

"We did have a good time. My aunt and uncle were there and my sister brought her boyfriend over too."

"Cool, do you and her boyfriend get along?"

Keith hesitated to respond. "No, we don't get along that well."

"Why don't you? I can't think of a reason why someone wouldn't get along with you."

"The guy is a dick," Andy quickly said. He knows the full story about Daniel minus what happened Christmas day. He doesn't like him much either and knows Keith would rather not talk about it.

"Oh, ok." Lauren responded, not knowing what to ask next. Melissa however was ready with a question.

"Is he worse than Jillian?"

That made Keith smile and laugh thinking about how the two actually compare and are very similar. "In some ways, yes he is very much worse. He loves to confront me and put me down because I have Asperger's."

"Wow," Melissa responded, not believing what she was hearing. "How can your sister be with a guy like that?"

"Well she didn't see or hear any of it and didn't believe when I told her until Christmas day. I don't want to get into what happened but she finally heard with her own ears what he says to me and broke up with him two days later with his stuff in a box and a note explaining why she can't be with him."

This was news to Jackie. "I'm glad she saw the light about him, but what made her want to break up with him? Did it have to do with what happened on Christmas?"

"No, that was more the cherry on top of it all. I get the sense they were heading that way no matter what."

"Good for her. She deserves better than him."

Conversation became more small talk amongst them, mostly saying what their New Year's goals were. Everyone once in a while Luke would look at the clock straight of ahead of him, seeming nervous about something. It wasn't long before Melissa caught him looking at the clock a few times.

"Is something wrong Luke?" Melissa asked, wondering what is going on.

"No, nothing is wrong sweetie," Luke said calmly while grabbing Melissa's hand.

"Then why are you looking at the clock every so often?" Luke struggled to find a valid reason why he was looking at the clock. "All three of you have been acting strange. Time to spill the beans."

"We might as well get it over with Luke," Keith said, knowing there is no way Luke can delay any longer.

"Get what over with?" Jackie asked, stunned that Keith is in on whatever is going on.

"Ladies, would you mind heading over to the living room and sitting on the couch?" Andy asked.

"What for?" Lauren asked, feeling as clueless as the rest of the women.

"Just trust us," Luke said, knowing it was now or never. "We've been planning this for a while."

Jackie, Melissa, and Lauren look at each other surprised that their boyfriends managed to keep something secret from them. They got up, went to the living room and sat on the couch.

"Melissa, would you mind sitting in the middle?" Luke asked.

Without even answering him Melissa sat in-between Lauren and Jackie. A minute later the men started rearranging some of the furniture in the living room. Luke disappeared for a minute and returned with three wireless microphones, handing Keith and Andy one each. Luke then got his cell phone out of his pocket while Andy got the remote for Luke's sound system and turned it on.

Luke handed his cell phone over to Melissa. "Feel free to hit start whenever you want." Luke backed away, getting into position with the guys and Melissa looked down and saw the song Luke wants her to play. The big smile on her face caused Jackie and Lauren to peek and see what was on the screen. When they saw what song Luke wanted to play they began to melt. A few seconds later Melissa hits play and Bruno Mars "Just the Way You Are" starts playing.

Once the words started, the guys lip sync and danced for their girlfriends. Each taking a turn stepping towards their respective woman during the verses and pointing at what the verse says it is beautiful about their girl. During the chorus they step back putting on more of a show. The women can't help but giggle and feel like the luckiest women in the world with their boyfriends willing to make fools of themselves for them.

As the song headed into the last time through the chorus, Andy and Keith slowly faded back and Luke approached Melissa, giving him the spotlight for what he needed to do. He sets down the microphone and started singing along to the chorus. As the words to the song finish, he got down on one knee, revealed a beautiful ring that is in his hand and began to speak.

"Melissa, you have been and are the woman I cannot see myself living without. You make me smile when I am down and let me see the real in your worst moments. I love you more than anything this world can offer."

Melissa was hanging on every word Luke said while Jackie and Lauren have their hands over their mouths unable to believe this is really happening for their friend.

"Melissa Anne Harris, will you marry me?"

Melissa can't even get the words out as tears flowed down her face. She smiled as she mouths the words "yes" over and over. Luke grabbed her hand, slid the ring on her finger, and kissed her hand. He released her hand after the kiss and Melissa took a good long look at her engagement ring, covered with sparkling diamonds that she can't believe is actually on her finger. She turned her attention back towards Luke, grabbed him and pulled him in for the most passionate kiss she had ever given him. Jackie and Lauren leave the couch and let the newly engaged couple have some time to themselves. They found their men back in the foyer happy for what had just happened. Their women wrapped the arms around them, all smiles and told them that they were such great men for doing that for Luke and Melissa.

****************************************

"So when did you guys find the time to choreograph everything?" Jackie asked in the passenger seat of Keith's car.

"We would meet up at Luke's place on Monday every week because it was only day Andy had off from the bar. Plus if any of you three asked if we wanted to hang out, we would just say we were hanging out at a bar or something."

Jackie shook her head, still not believing that they had pulled this off and not Melissa, Lauren, nor she had any clue what was going on.

"You know I expect something bigger and better than that right?" Jackie teased.

"Well you already know I'm a better man so that must count for something."

"Yes it does," Jackie said with a smile. She looked out the window and saw kids playing outside in the snow, building a snowman and having snowball fights. She thinks about the life her best friend will have soon, married to the man that loves her for everything she is and will become. Then she thinks about how good Keith has treated her. She could not have imagined that any guy would stick with her and not give up at the first sign of her past coming back to haunt her. She had been so used to not feeling beautiful or loved by any guy she had dated, yet Keith persisted and made sure she knew she is beautiful and that he loves her.

When they get to Keith's place he asked Jackie to join him in the bedroom.

"Keith, you know I don't like rushing into sex."

"I know but I want to give you something that I can only show you in here."

"What is it?"

"Just come here by me."

Jackie joined him in his bedroom as he stood by his dresser with a drawer open. When she saw the drawer is empty she started to wonder what he is really giving her.

"Is there something supposed to be in here?" she asked.

"That depends," Keith said anxious for what he is about to say, "on what you want to put in there."

For the second time that day Jackie was caught completely off guard. She couldn't believe what Keith was giving her and she didn't know what to say. She did however know this wasn't something Keith would offer without really thinking this through.

"You're offering me a drawer to keep some of my stuff here?"

Keith nodded his head. "I want to get to know you better and I want you to see me more when I have my guard down with how I react to normal day stuff. I don't think having you move in with me would be smartest thing to do yet, but having you over more and staying more nights is a good way to start. I know this is a big step and you"

Jackie puts a finger on Keith's mouth to stop him from continuing. "How about next week I move some clothes and underwear and other feminine items to put in the drawer?" Keith relaxed and kissed the finger that is on his lips. Jackie pulled the finger back and placed it on her mouth. "I love your sweet kisses."

Keith steps towards her, wrapped his hands around her waist, and kissed her on the lips.

"And I love having you in my life."

"I am curious though, were you planning on asking me to spend the night?"

Keith stared at her, laughing at himself. "I am a creature of habit, aren't I?"

"Yes you are," Jackie teased, "and yes, I'll spend the night, but can we just relax and not do much?"

"Of course," Keith said happily. "After a morning like that one I don't think I have the energy to do anything else."

*********************************

"So how has your first extended stay been at Keith's place?" Melissa asked.

"It has been quite the eye opening experience."

"How so?"

"We don't make as much of an effort to do stuff together or agree on a show to watch. When he gets home from work he asks me how I'm doing and about my day at work, but lets me have my space to relax."

"Is that a good or bad thing?"

"I don't know," Jackie answered shrugging. She took a sip of her coffee and placed it back on the table. "But we have started seeing sides of each other that we normally don't see from each other."

"Does he have some disgusting habits or something?"

"Well he isn't the best at making sure he brushes his teeth every day."

"That's it?" Melissa laughed.

"He used to not wash his hands after he did his business on the toilet, but I quickly made him change that."

"You better have!" Melissa exclaimed. "That is just disgusting when people don't do that."

"I know right? He fought me on it at first but he will thank me later."

"So have you two made love more also?"

Jackie glared at her best friend. "We've been over this Melissa, what goes on in the bedroom with me and Keith stays between me and Keith."

"Oh come on," Melissa begged, "you can at least tell me if he is good or not."

"Trust me, he is good."

"How good he is?" Melissa asked. Jackie tries to hide her smile behind her coffee cup as she drinks, thinking about how Keith makes her feel loved, wanted, and gives her the best orgasms she's ever had. Melissa sees the poorly hidden smile. "Damn, he's that good?"

"Will you leave her alone about that?" Luke said as he walks into the kitchen. "You got the information you want based on her smile."

"You know I love juicy details."

"I know you love masturbating thinking about juicy details."

"Which is why I keep my sex life private from you," Jackie stated. "You don't need to be thinking about other men and what they do to you or to me."

"I can't help it if I get horny a lot and need to relieve myself," Melissa defended. "Besides, what I choose to think about it shouldn't matter because Luke is the only one that gets to enter this pussy."

Jackie rolled her eyes at her best friend. "What am I going to do with you?"

"I don't know, be my maid of honor?"

"Like you even need to ask. I already have ideas for you bachelorette party."

*******************************

After a long day of wedding dress shopping and church hunting with her best friend, Jackie was ready to relax when she got to Keith's apartment. He suggested that she and Melissa get some good girl time in and help her in any way she can with planning the wedding.

Once they were done with their morning coffee, they went on a journey to find Melissa's wedding dress. They spent most of the day at one bridal shop and Melissa tried on five dresses but none gave her that moment. What seemed to look amazing on the hanger didn't translate the same once the dress was on Melissa. When they gave up on that they tried looking at churches in the area but failed to find one that Melissa liked.

With the day coming to a frustrating close for them, they got dinner at a Coney Island and separated afterwards. They agreed to meet the following weekend and try again with Melissa's mom joining in on the fun.

She got to Keith's apartment and opened the door to see him playing a video game. From what she could tell he was playing Halo and against other people online. She closed the door and was about to make her presence known when he started yelling at the TV.

"Come on you shithead! He is one shot and ready to die. Shoot the motherfucker!" This was a side of Keith Jackie hadn't seen before. Whenever she was around and he was playing video games he was always calm and kept his anger in check. She decided to pull a chair from the kitchen table and sit behind the couch so he doesn't see her.

Keith continued to play multiple matches. There are some games he and his team did really well and win. Other games, his team got crushed with no hope of them winning right from the start. The words he spoke into the headset differed from match to match and on how well they going. When the games were going well his spirits were high and praising his teammates every time they assisted in a kill or killed someone that killed him.

However, when his team was losing he was quick to place blame on his teammates, shouting and swearing at each of them. Other times he swore when he felt like he shouldn't have died. There was no in-between with his reactions and behavior. He was either really happy or really angry.

Jackie continued to watch without making any sort of sound and making sure she stayed out of his vision. This is what she has been wanting to see for a long time, Keith with his guard down and showing what he is really like when she isn't there.

After about an hour and half and suffering three frustrating losses in a row where he carried his team, Keith turns off his console and removes his headset in frustration. He rubbed his hands over his face and was ready to stand up from the couch when he saw a reflection of someone sitting behind the couch on the TV. He turns and looks at Jackie who has a look of concern over her face, neither of them said anything for minutes as they look at each other.

12