All Comments on 'Is Love All or Nothing? Ch. 18'

by DestinyReader

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
ChrisrovChrisrovabout 6 years ago
Argh

Been waiting and waiting for this to continue now another cliffhanger.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Thanks for the quick turnaround

Good chapter but it all moved along very quickly and the end was quite abrupt. Also, why is Andy not majorly pissed considering Lauren used him for months??

DestinyReaderDestinyReaderabout 6 years agoAuthor
To answer some questions

Honestly, I didn't think my ending was that abrupt but I can see how it could be considered that. I don't my chapters to go on and on for no reason.

As for Andy not being more angry upset, I didn't want to focus on him and keep more of the focus on Keith, Jackie and Stacy. Also, some back story here not told in the story, Andy has had to put up with Keith and been driven mad while they were roommates in college. He's had to learn patient and self control with Keith along with managing a bar on top of that. Plus I think he would be more pissed that Jillian put everything together and used Lauren to use him.

DestinyReaderDestinyReaderabout 6 years agoAuthor
Hints from previous chapters

So it seemed like everyone knew Jillian was behind the sabotage last chapter but couldn't understand why Lauren was behind it. I had it planned from the beginning the way you saw unfold but I made sure to leave a couple hints.

Chapter 11 when Lauren received a call and I left out who the person was. That person was Jillian. I know some people voiced their concern after this chapter I was going to add some minor drama for no reason.

Chapter 13 when I made it a point twice that Jillian doesn't go anyway by herself. This one was probably more subtle. I also used the "bitch slap" as a way to hide Lauren was working with Jillian and that seemed to have work.

I may have left another hint and forgotten about it as I have written over 200 pages in Microsoft word.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Re: Hints from previous chapters

Yep, I saw all the hints and knew what was happening but that still doesn't explain WHY Lauren did it tho... taking weeks/months out of your own life just to play a trick on someone on behalf of a friend...?

DestinyReaderDestinyReaderabout 6 years agoAuthor
More than a trick

Let me put it this way. If Jillian is that vindictive why wouldn't Lauren be? Also, now looking back on it, maybe I should have said Lauren was the one who found the letter.

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 6 years ago
Name Choices

With the hundreds of names available, why would you choose to have two women named Stacey, two men named Caleb, along with Anna, Andy & Andrea, Melissa and Melinda, James as a first name and James as a last name, just to list a few. Are you trying to confuse your readers? That's way too many to happen accidentally.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 6 years ago
Liking the story

Trouble is I have forgotten why Jillian is so vindictive. Did he kill her cat or something? To do what she did he would have had to break up her marriage or something. Did he have a fling with her husband and cause a divorce? Cant remember and not rereading to find out.

DestinyReaderDestinyReaderabout 6 years agoAuthor
Re: Liking the Story

Things didn't end well between Jillian and Keith. She basically just stopped talking to him after a few dates for no reason. He decided to write a letter to her and one of the things he said was she has Asperger's Syndrome. The way I came up with this idea was because I have actually done the same thing in real life. Needless to say it was a stupid thing I did and stupid thing for Keith to do. Difference is the girl I wrote the letter to was nice enough to just let me know never talk to her again. Basically Jillian is just a bitch, has to be the center of attention and everything about her.. In other words, a character everyone wants to hate and rightfully so.

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017about 6 years ago
Fantasy is exactly that fantasy

It is your fantasy, an interesting tale, and an enjoyable read.Whether there is any reality,logic, or common sense,is in my opinion,secondary to the tale. it is perceived, by me as a reader that a lot of work went into the production of said tale.Thank you for sharing.

NorthPacific

stattionstattionabout 6 years ago
Re: More than a trick

Not really as he never did anything to Lauren for her to be acting like that... in fact he'd never ever met Lauren before so there's no reason for her to be that vindictive other than only because her friend said so.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Soooo..

Is that it?.....The end?......No "and they lived happily ever after"??????

Sort of leaves it to your own imagination I guess.

DestinyReaderDestinyReaderalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Not the end

There is one more chapter I am writing to finish off this story and I promise no cliff hangers. I am currently suffering through writer's block and just haven't been able to get over it for a while.

Please remember I have other responsibilities outside of this story as well that take up much time and energy, mostly my time. I know don't want to hear that but that is the truth.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDestinyReader@DestinyReader
The final chapter of "Love of Autism" has been sent to my editor. Yes, the final chapter.

story TAGS