All Comments on 'Isla's Summer'

by Nellymcboatface

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Practically perfect in every way. Loved it.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 2 years ago

Started this morning and couldn't put it aside except to come back within the hour. Finished it now and this is one of the nicest stories I've read in this section for sometime. 5 stars, and I'd give another if I could!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

10 out of 5 <3

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A very enjoyable read ,you should be proud of your effort

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Constructive criticism was requested so here is a suggestion: please write in past tense and stick with it. Here is an example of a mix-up.

“Thankfully, at present I don't have any research commissions, so this afternoon, I'm free. After finishing lunch with mum, I tried to walk as casual as possible down the garden path carrying my sketchpad, with the sandwich box and a bottle of water.”

Sticking with all past tense would have read as follows: “Thankfully, at that time I didn’t have any (or I had no) research commissions, so on that afternoon I was free. After finishing lunch...” or words to that effect.

There were more than a few examples of this. I recognize your time constraints and the dearth of editors willing to tackle such a lengthy story but this fundamental issue does need to be addressed in your writing. Good luck in the contest.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 2 years ago

I loved every part of it. Good luck in the contest. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful. I was supposed to do some work today, but I’ve spent it reading this. Thank you for a most enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved it! A good, well written, romance. You should approach some publishers with this.

ArdieffArdieffover 2 years ago

Nelly, well done. Very, very sweet story. In a way it reminds me a little of Karalines "Different Worlds" - with very different characters meeting and fitting together.

HectorBidonHectorBidonover 2 years ago

Lovely. I haven't finished yet, and the workaday world will soon interrupt, but I've so enjoyed the morning I've spent with your delightful story. Your writing is like a sumptuous, bountiful summer picnic---I feel like I've gotten to know Isla and George in real life, spent time on the farm, heard the gossip and the rejoinders, inadvertently learned a little signing myself. You've done a great job in weaving the deafness into the story---always there, often intruding, but not defining, not the most important thing. I love Isla's flashes of temper and your compassion for the hearing characters' preconceptions and attempts to correct them. So, anyway, a wonderful romance. Very well done. Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Superb !!!

IWishICouldWriteIWishICouldWriteover 2 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyable. The characters were real and relatable. Thank you for bringing Isla's world to life

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

Fabulous heartwarming tale with real people who you bring to life with joy and humour! Their quirkiness, their baggage, their uncertainties, and their fears blossom and pull us along in the fragrant scent of this love story. Congratulations on a job so very well done! *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A really nice story of romance. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A lovely story well resear had and enjoyed to the end!

Smiffy69Smiffy69over 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story very much. I like long stories. I feel it would have been better had it been checked for spelling. E.g. led instead of laid.

A minor niggle though. The story is great.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

A big fat thank you from SE UK Nelly, I loved your story, although I’d have liked the Wedding as an ending, but how about a Halloween/Crimbo sequel? I totally got the YF deal, having several friends that were members, I’ve also been at events where cars were being pulled out behind tractors, Mk1 Landies etc, it all has a ring of authenticity about it. Very well written, paced well and good characterisation, top job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it and couldn't put it down until I finished it. Thank you so much for sharing it.

GinnyPPCGinnyPPCover 2 years ago

This is your best story yet, so well crafted. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved this. It was worth the 16 page wait for consummation. In fact it was almost disappointing because it signalled that the story was coming to an end.= and I didn't want it to end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It took me all day to finish but I didn’t want to put it down. Thank you for your work

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you

rayironyrayironyover 2 years ago
My first of your stories and it wins an unequivocal 5 *

Good handling of deafness and sibling relations.

A bit belabored but forgivable.

AnonimousOtherAnonimousOtherover 2 years ago

I loved the romance. As others have pointed out, it does need some editorial corrections and I'd love to know whether you have personal insights that helped you write this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful, romantic, and the sex was great too ^^

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A very good story. A fascinating look at life from the point of a deaf person. You characters are all very real, with flaws, just like we all have. Lovely romance as well.

MattiemaybeMattiemaybeover 2 years ago

Isla is a wonderfully engaging character - witty, insightful, and has a temper. Kudos to you for helping us experience a perspective many of us do not have. Your description of a prosperous farm (and slogging through administrivia) rang very true. Agree with others regarding tense — besides that quibble, a gem!

uglyorangutanuglyorangutanover 2 years ago

Fantastic and wholesome story with relatable characters and realistically flowing dialogue. Thank you for sharing another great story.

charlie48charlie48over 2 years ago

A wonderful story, welland steam fair is great and many’s the time we have got muddy in the fields. Thank you for this tale of hope and triumph.

Charlie

A particular crossroads in Herefordshire

NavypilotNavypilotover 2 years ago

Lovely story well thought out and we'll written. A great insight into the world of hearing impaired people and the prejudice they face and ttestament to their enormous courage and strength of will.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful! I couldn't stop reading

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Usually I don't like stories where the main character has a disability. I might read a few paragraphs and quit reading. This didn't come across as the usual disability story though. It was written in such a way that it was a romance and the main character just happened to be deaf. Well done, I read all of it and loved it 😀

alexetlaurealexetlaureover 2 years ago

Wonderful romance story, 5 stars and more ;-)

barcomberbarcomberover 2 years ago

Only a few pages read, loving it, but had to comment on the lovely typo. While the seedier parts of Paris might have a restaurant named after a titty bag, Hertfordshire is more likely to have one called la Brasserie

TallEric02TallEric02over 2 years ago

I've never read a literotica.com story that had me thinking "Wow, I REALLY hope they don't get to the erotic parts too soon, because I don't want the build-up to end" -- but that's exactly what I thought on this one. Amazing story, great character development, and perfectly paced. Congratulations on the award--it was very much deserved.

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 2 years ago

ONE suggestion...I kept hoping they'd consummate on the console...:+))

To "tie it all in a bow."

Lovely!

P.S. The sisters could be watching the transponders jiggle? :+))

Bub541Bub541over 2 years ago

A tread read! Loved the family dynamics and the strong Isla

RangeExpanderRangeExpanderover 2 years ago

There is something touching about Isla's openness, a certain naivety, yet very practical about everything from project management to sex. Thank you!

peter2801peter2801over 2 years ago

This story is a rare gem. Brilliantly written and the story arc is exquisite. I thoroughly enjoyed it! One if my all time favourites.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

What a lovely romantic tale

Deaf, what an idea and how you transmitted this , fabulous ....... Your characters, the events, the thoughts, the highlights or downs, all was wonderful to read

Thank you for this pure pleasuring piece of poetry ...... Enchanting

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, loved Isla's character. A smart, strong woman who seemed a bit slow and reluctant to embrace the fact that she loved the grown-up and matured Gary. Nicely done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the best stories I have read on this site. Brilliantly written with humor and insights. I wish I were able to give it a lot more than 5 stars.

rbloch66rbloch66over 2 years ago

Incredible story! You’re descriptions painted a canvas so beautiful. I look forward to reading more of your work.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereabout 2 years ago

Nelly - I went looking for this to re-read it and was surprised and pleased to see this was yours, as I had forgotten. It was just as great on the second time through!

JusteenKJusteenKabout 2 years ago

A really sweet romance, with an unusual plot device. I've liked all of your stories that I have read but without a doubt this is my favourite.

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienElleabout 2 years ago

I generally stick to LS romances.

My mistake.

I'm glad I didn't miss this, it's a really good and satisfying bit of storytelling!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A LOVELY AND ROMANTIC AND BELIEVABLE STORY. I THINK AT ONE POINT EARLY ON, YOU WROTE HIS FIRST NAME WHERE YOU MEANT IT TO BE HERS, BUT CAN'T BE SURE. YOU MIGHT WANT TO COPY IT OUT AND USE THE FIND FUNCTION TO SEE IF THAT'S RIGHT. 5 STARS AND DESERVES MANY MORE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

,lovely story, as an American from farm country the English terms for some of the equipment and farm practices took a minute but I think I got most of them. The deaf part of the story I liked, not sure how realistic, or not I have almost no clue. Overall a very good one.

Ginger630Ginger630almost 2 years ago

I loved the premise of this story. Deaf girl, handsome farmer, etc. I know you said it was a slow burn, but I think there were too many things going on…the farm, the ball, the fair, etc. Gary was so open with Isla, but I felt that she was immature. She slapped him on their first date for not kissing her! Even though she reigned in her temper with other things, I felt she needed to grow up a bit. And his sisters were super annoying. They weren’t teenagers anymore so their interference with Isla and Gary’s relationship was uncalled for. But yes, this was romantic and I did like the build up.

6King6Kingalmost 2 years ago

Very nice! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Runner4069Runner4069over 1 year ago

It's written so well, I loved it! As you warned it's a little rough at the beginning and at times I thought the story was going to take an unpleasant turn but thankfully it never did. I greatly enjoyed it and thanks for sharing!

xtrail65xtrail65over 1 year ago

I loved this story the first time I read it, I still love it the 4th time I’ve read it.

wwaldripwwaldripover 1 year ago

Lovely story hard to stop 🛑 reading to go to sleep and get other things done. Great story, keep writing!

spladdocksspladdocksover 1 year ago

I agree with TallEric - this was such an absorbing, compelling, well-conceived and well-crafted story that it was almost (but not quite!) a disappointment when the inevitable happened and signalled a rather quick end. I would have very happily read the same amount again to continue foĺlowing the story without any erotic element at all - despite the site we're on! Unlike some commentors, I was very happy to ignore any 'editorial' points (you even admitted it wasn't proofed) , as it was such a good read that I didn't find them at all off-putting - even after a marathon all-night reading session because I couldn't put it down!

A terrific transport of delight and easily one of the best I've read anywhere, let alone on here. Thank you!

cybor1198cybor1198over 1 year ago

I think you did a good job portraying peoples feelings about deaf people but there are a lot of people that act far more bigoted than this story shows.. I like that you didn’t go into this too far, I thought that’s not what the story is about and was simply able to enjoy it. Great story…!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really good

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Lovely. Really enjoyed reading. Loved how Islas inner struggle was portrayed.

Nicole2023Nicole202310 months ago

Nice story, glad I gave it a chance

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I enjoyed it. As a romance story, it had an excellent, teasing sexual tension. The ending may have been slightly too abrupt, but overall very well written. Thank you.

245624568 months ago

Beautiful romantic story. Loved it!

Fluff49Fluff497 months ago

Good story. Didn't mind the length, but the ending was lacking. I'd already read 17 pages, one more for a proper ending wouldn't have been too much.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

First story of yours I’ve read, and I’m looking forward to reading more. Definitely five stars.

UncertainTUncertainT6 months ago

I felt a lot of things while reading this story, I was so wrapped up in reading it. It is the third time I have read it and it just gets better every time, long form stories are so rewarding as they unfold.

Thank you Nelly.

BiologoBiologo3 months ago

Despite some unfamiliar (regional?) usages and grammatical lapses I enjoyed following Isla’s evolution and triumphs. Another reader thought the end to be rushed. Maybe. I found an earlier section rushed: some paragraphs covering parts of the fair’s storm and its aftermath seemed like hasty summaries of a page or more of action—as though you were impatient to get on to the next bit. In reflection, it might have been kind to you and us to have dismissed even that much detail with an even broader summation. Your overall vision was brilliant and diminished slightly by unsightly nuts and bolts. Please continue growing.

Spar1995Spar1995about 2 months ago

I agree with an earlier comment. I liked this story, I really did. But essentially half a page for the ending seems extremely rushed when we had read the previous 16.5 pages detailing the farm application work, the fair, the ball, etc. I almost feel the relationship aspect of the story got lost there for a while with everything going on, and yet when we finally have the consummation of their love its barely detailed. I absolutely enjoyed the story though, don't get me wrong. It was a wonderful read, and it was a well deserved win in the contest. I'll have to check out your other works now for sure.

Drache111Drache11115 days ago

A wonderful story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNellymcboatface@Nellymcboatface
Hi, thanks for reading my stories. I've not given any personal information, as I want to seduce you with my fantasies, not prejudice you before you read my stories. Thanks for bearing with me... Chapter 10 from Victoria and Alex is on its way... and with Literotica for publi...

SIMILAR Stories