It Didn't Work Out Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"God that was hot," Don burst out saying. "I could see you two from the dining room window. You really got into that kiss! Was she touching you, Honey? Did she get you wet?"

Something about how he jumped immediately to sex pissed Bridget off. "Did you ever even listen to me, Don? This isn't about sex. I told you that I had to have feelings for whoever I might meet. We are working on making sure those feelings are right. This was our first real kiss. It was a wonderful moment for me and a perfect ending to our first date. Tonight was our first date. Tomorrow will be our second date." Every time Bridget said date, she emphasized the word to try and drive home what was going on to Don. "I don't know when our third date will be, but it won't be long. And when we get to a comfortable point in our relationship, we will touch."

She started to walk away to go to the bedroom and then she turned. "Did you really think I was that easy; to let someone fondle me on the first date? Oh and per ground rule number six, you saw everything that there is to tell you, so I have nothing more to add. You know what I did tonight; you know who I went with; and you know how far it went." She stalked off.

Don wasn't sure what would happen when Bridget came in, but that wasn't it. He was certain that she would have been excited. He went and sat down on the couch. Mulling it over he thought, "I guess I figured since they were so close, things would have gone faster." On the other hand, he knew she wasn't easy. They had gone out for a while before anything really happened between them. Even kissing hadn't happened until the second date, and that wasn't much more than a peck. "She always loved the romance," he thought. Even in the movies he brought home, she usually found the one that had the most romance in it. The more he thought about it, the more that he came to the conclusion that he had approached it all wrong. "I should have asked her how her date went and treated her more like ..." He wasn't sure of the word he was looking for to describe it. "I guess, like a roommate. And ask her how her first date was."

As much as he wanted to really go into the bathroom and stroke himself while thinking about watching Bridget and Sian in the car, Don instead went into talk to her. She was lying on the bed with her back turned towards the door. He went over and got on the bed next to her. For a few moments he was quiet. Finally he said, "I'm sorry. I wasn't really thinking and I didn't really get it until right now." He put his hand on her side and softly stroked her in a loving way.

Inside Bridget thought, "A day late, Don. You're only now figuring out that I want to have a real relationship with her?" She didn't say anything though.

"What I should have asked was how your date was?" Don said. "Was it what you wanted?"

Bridget rolled onto her back and looked at him. She realized that she misunderstood him. He wasn't worried about her falling in love with Sian. He was just going along with how she wanted to do it. She gave a little sigh. She realized that he would think it was with how he had behaved out there. She was okay with that. In a big way, it just made it easier for her to focus on what was happening with Sian.

"Really, I'm sorry. I should have been more sensitive," Don said.

After thinking for a moment more, Bridget decided she was okay with talking a little more. "It was very nice. We stayed only a little time with the team and then went to dinner together alone to talk." She remembered all of a sudden that Sian had won and felt a spark of pride in her girlfriend. "We won the game too! Sian scored three goals! That means that we are in the finals!" She didn't even notice how she identified herself with the team. It was just natural as was the tone of pride when she talked about Sian's game.

"I was so nervous when I talked to her. And for a while I was worried that she was going to just not only reject the idea of our going out, but I might lose her as a friend. But I told her everything, just like I said I would. I didn't want to mislead her. But once she understood and then decided that she wanted to risk a relationship, even with the downsides, it was great." Bridget's eyes shone as she thought back.

"What do you mean by downsides?" he asked. Sian was getting a chance to make love to a young and beautiful woman. Where was the downside to that?

For a moment, Bridget could only look at him with disbelief. She shook her head slightly as she replied. "You mean besides getting into a relationship with a married woman who can't promise her anything long term? Do you really think she just wants sex? You don't know her; I get that. But you know me and would I be interested in someone like that?" She let out a long exasperated sigh.

"Okay, I get it. I wasn't thinking," Don said. He wasn't sure he agreed with how Bridget was putting it but the last thing he wanted now was another argument. He wanted to hear what happened.

Still looking at him with an irritated expression, Bridget kept silent. She closed her eyes and tried to focus on being on the date with Sian. After a few moments she felt her breathing slowing down and little by little she was able to recapture most of her happy feelings. When she felt right, she opened her eyes and looked at Don again.

"When she finally decided that she was willing to see where this relationship might go, she asked me what was next." Bridget smiled at the memory. "I didn't know. Everything I had went into just getting to that point. So we figured out the next steps together. We had a wonderful dinner where she held my hand. And when we went to the movies, she put her arm around me and I put my head on her shoulder. And then when we came home, you saw what happened. It was like all the time before tonight was combined together as our first date. We know each other and like each other. And when it was time to say goodnight, doing it with a kiss felt right. Just kiss, Don; nothing more. But all of it together made me anxious for the next date! And that is tomorrow night."

Her smile grew as she thought about it and her face glowed. Her eyes had drifted off as she was speaking but now they went back to Don. "We're going bowling," she said with a little laugh. "We are trying to do things you do on the first few dates."

Don did a very good job of hiding his disappointment. He smiled back and told Bridget that it sounded like it was a great night and that tomorrow sounded fun. But he had been hoping that things would move quicker once Bridget told Sian what she wanted. He couldn't wait for the time when he could be with them when they made love. Thinking about that triggered a thought in Don's mind. He wondered if he should ask Bridget about it. He wasn't sure if it was going to piss her off again so he carefully thought out how to ask.

"Honey, I understand better about what you were saying. I mean about the downsides. It must have been weird describing what we have talked about. That couldn't have been easy," Don said. He was completely sincere and sounded like it too. As he thought about it, he realized it was true.

Reaching out, Bridget took his hand and squeezed it. It made her feel a little better to hear him grasp that. "It was. And it is weird, Don. I'm doing it but it still is weird."

"What did she say when you told her about me being okay with you and her, as long as I can be there?" Don asked. In saying it, Don felt a little bit of fear that maybe Bridget hadn't told her that.

Bridget paused as she looked at his face. She sensed what he was feeling. "That was the hardest thing of all to say, Don. By that time we both admitted we like each other but then I had to maybe ruin it by telling her that. She is a lesbian, Don. She has no interest in being with a guy. She doesn't like the idea but if that is what is needed to be with me, she will try. I told you before; I didn't think you would get to be part of it. If we ever get to that point, you will just get to watch. But I could never have gone on without her knowing my deal with you."

"I understand. It's what I agreed to and that is more of my fantasy than I ever thought I would get," he said. He leaned over and kissed her on the cheek. After a moment his hand started to move around to her belly and stroke Bridget in a sensual way. As he started to move to kiss her lips, Bridget put her hand on his and held it tight against her.

"I'm sorry, Don, but after that date and my time with Sian, I am just not interested tonight. My mind is full of her and honestly I want it to stay that way. I hope you understand," Bridget said. She sounded firm but at the same time there was some sadness in her voice. "I know you are probably horny, but I would really like it if you go into the other room if you need to do something about it."

Bridget fully expected Don to either be upset or just go out to do his thing. Instead he surprised her by saying, "No, it's alright. I understand. Let's just get ready for bed." And after they had on their pajamas, he held her very gently and didn't do anything to try and change her mind.

Feeling sleep coming over her, Bridget turned to Don and whispered, "Thanks for understanding, Sweetie." She gave him a soft kiss on the cheek and then turned over to fall asleep.

The next night Bridget had a great time with Sian going bowling. It was the first time either one of them had bowled in years so while they weren't very good, they had fun being bad together. When Sian sat down to score, each time Bridget would come and sit in her lap and put her arms around Sian's neck. Other than some small little kisses, they were not very amorous. What she could do in front of the soccer crowd was not quite the same that Bridget felt comfortable doing at a public place like the bowling alley. And once again when Sian dropped her off, they kissed in her car. It went on longer this time and was more passionate. While neither one of them did anything more than kiss and put their arms around each other, Bridget felt much more aroused when she got out of the car that night.

Don was much better when Bridget came in. She knew he had been watching, in part because she had texted him that they were leaving the bowling alley. She had gotten Sian's okay before she did it but Bridget just thought it would make things easier for Don. He might be less keyed up rather than waiting on pins and needles. It seemed to have worked. He was sitting on the couch as she walked in.

Looking over at her, Don asked. "How did your date with Sian go?"

Smiling at him, Bridget came over and sat down beside him. "We had a lot of fun. By the way, we are both terrible bowlers. I think I won two games with 70 and she beat me once with an 82. I never got above 70." Bridget laughed as she remembered. "We ate there. It was okay for bowling alley food."

Don was a little nervous. He didn't want to say the wrong thing again. Finally he said, "How was saying goodbye?" He looked over at her, hoping she would be okay with that.

She smiled again, a little more shyly this time. "That was good too," she said in a soft voice. "It was more than last night." She took his hand and squeezed it.

Don chuckled a little. "I know. You two fogged up the windows and I couldn't see any more.'

"Did we? I didn't notice. I was ... ummm ... distracted," Bridget laughed a little too. She squeezed his hand again. "Then since you couldn't see the end, I should tell you that it wasn't very different at the end than the beginning. We just kissed and we talked. Sometimes we kissed a lot and sometimes we talked a lot. But it was very nice to be with Sian that way." Her voice got a little dreamy as she went on.

"I'm glad you liked it," was all Don said as he squeezed back. That got him a big smile from Bridget.

But then she leaned over and kissed him on the cheek and said, "I just want to let you know that I think I probably won't want to do anything with you after going out with Sian. I'm slowly getting used to the idea of being with her, and taking the next steps. Making love with you is harder when I'm in that mindset. I'm okay if you want to masturbate, and maybe when we move on a little I will even tell you what happened while you do it. And I mean before we go all the way. That will be with you there, of course. But on these nights, I'm getting use to the feeling of being someone who wants to be with another woman."

Don put his arm around her and hugged her. It wasn't in his normal way. It felt more like a supportive friend to Bridget. She smiled and kissed his cheek again.

"I get it," Don said. In his mind, he was thinking how hot that was. She is kind of being a lesbian on those nights! "When are the two of you going out again?" he asked her.

"Well I will see her during my work out tomorrow night and then again on Thursday. We talked about maybe just getting a smoothie after workout tomorrow but I'll be home after that. And I think I will be home Wednesday and Thursday, but she asked me to go out dancing with her on Friday. She is going to pick me up about 8:00 and I don't know when I will be back." Bridget turned her head towards Don. She was going to spend three straight evenings with him so it felt like she was splitting her time fairly even if Sian was getting a lot of the better times. But from what she could tell, Don didn't seem to have any issue with it. He just leaned over and kissed her back on the cheek.

"It sounds like she has picked a date that you will really enjoy. I know you don't get your chances to dance with me. What type of music are you going to have?" Don was thinking back to when they had all gone dancing. He guessed it would be even more exciting this time.

"It's a club so I am guessing it will be something techno or house. Whatever it is, it will be danceable." Bridget's face showed her obvious enthusiasm for Sian's idea. She hadn't had a lot of chances to dance since college; before she started dating Don.

They sat like that together for a few moments longer. Then Bridget patted his hand and got up to head into the bedroom. Don considered whether to follow her or to stay out there. He was hornier tonight than the night before. After watching them make out and then hearing about Bridget's night and plans for Friday, he really wanted a little relief. But at the same time, she was going to be home for the next three nights. Don hoped that they could make love and thought that waiting would make it better for both of them. His head rolled back and he looked up at the ceiling as he thought. Finally he made a little resigned sound and got to his feet. "I'll wait a while longer," he said to himself. It would be worth it.

It ended up being two nights before he really got any time with Bridget. Between working out and then going to get a smoothie after, Bridget didn't get home until 8:00. And Don was still fixing dinner so they talked in the kitchen while he finished. That made for a late dinner, and he was exhausted by the end of it. They snuggled up in bed and watched some TV. It was nice but it wasn't exactly what Don had been wanting.

Wednesday night was a different story. When Don got home, Bridget had almost everything ready for dinner and they were able to sit down without much delay. It felt good to both of them to have a pleasant meal together where they talked about the day. Bridget hadn't seen Sian all day and both of them left the topic completely alone during dinner. It almost felt like a normal dinner before it all started.

After dinner Don was doing the dishes when Bridget came up and leaned against the counter next to him. Before Don got home, she had changed into a pair of tight jeans and a loose fitting top that rode up just a little when she stood like that. A thin ribbon of flat stomach was exposed.

"What do you feel like doing tonight, Sweetie?" Bridget asked. She was trying to make sure that he felt like a priority that night. It was kind of cute the way his cheeks blushed when she asked her question.

"Well, I was kind of hoping that maybe we could go to bed early," he said without meeting her eyes. He felt like he was often on uncertain ground with her, especially related to sex.

Bridget leaned over a little so that her face was closer to his. He looked at her and she gently kissed him. "I think that would be nice too." She kissed him again. "But just us, okay? I don't want to watch any videos or explore any fantasies. I want it to just be the two of us in the bed."

Don quickly agreed even though he had been thinking of watching a video with her first to help excite her. He was glad he hadn't brought it up. She was sexy enough that he didn't really need anything extra. She stayed with him until he finished doing the dishes. Then while he finished cleaning up the kitchen, she went around and closed up the rest of house for the night. They were both ready at about the same time and walked into the bedroom together.

Once they were in there, she took off her blouse and jeans. With just her bra and panties, Bridget got onto the bed to join Don who was also in his underwear. She crawled over and curled up next to him. One leg went over his as she turned so that she could put her head on his chest. She felt his arms go around him and hug her. She lifted her head and looked at him with a smile before lowering it back down so that she could rest her chin on him and still see his face. One hand gently stroked her back.

"How are you doing, Sweetie?" she asked. "Are you still happy with your choices?"

Don thought about Bridget's question and didn't immediately answer. "Yes," he finally said. "Is it exactly how I imagined it? No, but that's to be expected. As you have pointed out, if I had thought about what I know about you, then it's what I should have expected. I was hoping you would be farther along by now, but you have to go at the pace that's right for you. And I still find it very exciting, even with where it is." He was silent a moment. "How about you? How are you doing?"

Bridget was stroking his chest as they talked. Just like Don, she didn't say anything right away. Her eyes were looking at her fingers as she thought. When she spoke, her eyes shifted up to look at him. "I am doing really well. I didn't know what was going to happen when this started but now that I am with Sian, I am glad I'm doing it. We click." Bridget bent her head so that she could plant a soft kiss on Don's chest. She tightened her arms around him. That wasn't everything she thought, but some things she couldn't say to Don. They would hurt him even though they were not necessarily a reflection of him. The truth was that Bridget was happy. She was happier than she had been in a while. New love was like that.

The combination of talking about Sian and Don having waited for days was having an effect. Bridget could feel his cock hardening under her leg. She knew he needed to make love and she was ready to connect that way with him too. At the same time in a little part of her mind that she tried to ignore, there was a feeling of relief that it would distract him from asking any more questions about things she preferred not to confront. She kissed one of his nipples and then licked at it with her tongue. She heard him make a soft noise and knew that it was having the desired effect.

Don was stroking the side of her breast to try and help her match his arousal. It felt good and Bridget felt her excitement build, but much slower. Don's other hand reached up and undid her bra. He went back to running his nails up and down her back. When his hand got to her lower back, he stroked her ass and the tips of his fingers slipped just slightly down into the gap there. Don shift just a little and pressed his leg up against Bridget.

"That feels good, Honey," Don said as Bridget continued to kiss and lick his nipples. Every once in a while she would bite it lightly. That usually provoked a groan out of Don. She could tell by the way that his cock was starting to pulse under his leg that he wanted to fuck her right then. She was nowhere near ready. He had shifted her so that he was able to touch her own nipple. Rather than lightly touching, he had it between his fingers and was switching back and forth between rolling it and tugging on it. It wasn't helping.