All Comments on 'It Didn't Work Out Ch. 06'

by -Ripley-

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
mikki88mikki88about 10 years ago
Well, it seems like the marriage us almost over

Of course a new lover is going to be more exciting than dear old hubby. She is not really giving herself equally to both partners. It's doomed to fail, I think.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
good read

I enjoyed the sex and the scene enfolding.

I couldn't help but sympathize with bridget.

Been in that situation, and it wasnt easy to solve at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
In this game ...

the dice are loaded. And Don, you just rolled snake eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
let's get the agony over with

let the next chapter put an end to this imbroglio. And Don is a MAJOR fool.

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago

"...Bridget mused. Her time with Sian was usually filled with loving gestures and touches while her life with Don was much more mundane. It wasn't just recently, Bridget realized. The type of routine physical and emotional connections that reinforced a relationship had been slowly disappearing from their lives well before Don had brought up all the fantasies. Now as Bridget tried to balance it out to give Don the same attention as Sian, it felt odd to her and somewhat forced...."

Here Ripley summarizes in clear, unmistakable language that this marriage was already decomposing long before Sian became involved. If she had never became part of this, Bridget and Don would survive as a couple only through major intervention and professional counseling.

Oh, and another thing that I am admiring about how well crafted this story is. Ripley keeps dropping in clues that Don and Sian are very similar for two people of differing gender. Which would help explain why Bridget could fall so deeply, so fast for Sian because the new woman reminds her of her young husband and the early years of their marriage.

LarryInSeattleLarryInSeattleabout 9 years ago
I love it

Unlike some of your critics, I completely understand that it is possible to love more than one person. It's called polyamory. But, further, it is possible to take real joy in your lover's loves. This is called compersion. Don't feel sorry for Don nor dislike him for what he feels. You have described the feelings of each of these WILLING participants very well. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
My two bits...

This may come out wrong...

I think that while he cared for her I don't think he ever cared about Bridget. He never cared about her feelings except as they affected him: not getting her pissed off, or trying to get a reaction he wanted. He certainly didn't care about whether his wife is happy or what she wants.

I am not sure he really understands what love is. When Bridget says she and whoever she chooses would have to really care about each other, his reaction is 'Why would she care, she got to have sex with a gorgeous woman'. His thoughts about their courtship was oh yeah, I remember, I had to do all that romantic stuff to get her.

He really seems to think of marriage as having a roommate with benefits. I believe that Bridget has been deluding herself for a long time, and as the story starts she is just starting to see that. And though she still wants to believe, every time he talks about sex when she is talking about feelings, her eyes are opened a little more.

So tell me HOW WOULD YELLING AND THREATENING HELP?!

Note, I am a guy who was happily married for 35 years until my wife passed.

RPGerRPGerabout 9 years ago
To 'Now that Don sees'

You think he should terrify them?? You do realize that

1) Women are people and not possessions?

2) Don forced the whole thing from the start?

As far as I can tell, as of this chapter, he has not once thought about making his wife happy. He has done a few things that he thinks might please her to get results he wants or to avoid results he doesn't want, but I don't think he has actually considered her happiness.

On the other hand I do think she is hoping to have it all. We know that that is not going to happen. I think she was pushed and tempted into a bad decision. But while she is trying for a little caring in her life, all Don wanted was to get off. I know who I have more sympathy for.

I agree with an earlier comment... when Don started pushing this counseling would have been a better answer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A story not real life

Got to be kidding me that it got anybody so wound up. Drama? How about writing so the burden of a successful marriage rests on both of them. Equally. Communication. Tell each other what works. As middle ages hit, so do bodily limits as hormones slow down what used to be routine sexual urges which were just as much routinely satisfied.

Now along comes female lover... Of course she's gonna do what he can't. Of course there's gonna be fantastic orgasms and bonding. So he deserves to be cast aside like a recyclable aluminum can? I guess what he did all those years doesn't matter equally to the author as does what matters to her?

It's the lover who comes in and benefits. What crap.

stealthwaspstealthwaspalmost 8 years ago
Good for Don

Their marriage was already on the slow road to divorce. He got to fulfil a fantasy on the way out. The stories from their past shows that Bridget never cared too much for Don. Even now he concern for Don is just her worrying about how others will perceive her in this situation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Two sides of the coin

I gotta comment on this. I have read each part of this story so far. I find it equally treating both the male and female side. The husband, jerk that he is, is looking at only the physical side. Bridget and Sian are mostly concentrating on the emotional side of it. If the husband Don was smart he would tell them that everyone brings something different to the table. Bridget was bi to start with and this could.....anyway it has been a great story and very entertaining reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very well written 5* but...

The dice is totally loaded against Don as the one dimensional idiot who pushes his wife into to the arms of another. How could there be any other outcome as it is pre-determined by the author.

The story would have much more angst and intensity if the wife chose her lesbian lover over a husband who was kind, considerate and loving rather than a self absorbed immature dickhead.

Nicole2023Nicole2023almost 2 years ago

It was bound to happen, one saying care and the other say love

LiberalMindsLiberalMinds5 months ago

I think this is exactly why I diss not pursue the same fantasy as Don. I mentioned it to my wife, who did not totally reject the idea. I think Bridget was absolutely right when she was clear about feelings getting involved. That is also why I never pursued it. Given that B was fully aware of her getting emotionally attached, it must either mean she was already thinking about a divrorce or she is actually using Siain. I hope the former. However, I think the signals sent by B are somewhat ambiguous. She still puts Don her no 1 priority. At least in theory. She also seems reluctant to come out. What on earth would she tell her parents? Given B’s feelings, there should be only one solution to this, and, sorry to say, it doesn’t include D. Wait! No! I’ not sorry to say that. If she leaves him, he just got what deserved. As did B. If she doesn’t, well, then I think she will destroy S.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user-Ripley-@-Ripley-
1311 Followers
I enjoy writing my stories and being able to share them and hear back from people about how they like them (or don't) is an important part of why I am here at Literotica. I appreciate all the kind things that people have said about my stories over the years. Even the critical ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES