All Comments on 'It Didn't Work Out Ch. 11'

by -Ripley-

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

LOVED IT! I know there will be nay sayers stating they knew how it would end up. I love that she has figured out who she is and what will make her happy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Count me as one of those naysayers.

I can't help it. I like to be surprised. You can have a good story,which this is - but being completely predicable keeps it from being a great one.

You fall into a pattern. The great storytellers mix things up once in a while - try a different approach,ending,etc. IMHO - that is by far the biggest problem here.

So,four stars for me. Keep writing,Ripley - you are one of the better ones here. Just think about what I said.

azure_skiesazure_skiesabout 10 years ago
Be counted

...but we do not know who wants to stand up and be counted, do we? Except for some very predictable comments throughout the series by an anonymous person.

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesabout 10 years ago
Sweet

Sweet story - not sure it needs another chapter, though I wouldn't complain :-) There is some awkwardness in the dialogue. Very few people talk this formally: "I will wait here until he gets home. I will make myself scarce once you start to tell him, but I am not going to leave until you do." It will sound more natural if you use contractions and make dialogue less formal. Keep writing!

tygztygzabout 10 years ago

Fucking fantastic.

Perhaps it's the outcome I was hoping for (and had figured to be the most logical one), but that hasn't detracted from the story for me.

I do appreciate how Don's character was filled out a bit more; it's also nice to see that even if he was an idiot, it was his careless and selfish idiocy that made the ending, and all three characters' happiness, possible (as well as this fact being acknowledged)... and unfortunately, I can imagine someone setting this all up in real life - I had little or no disbelief to suspend.

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
a superbly crafted story.

Ripley, this has been one terrific rollercoaster of a ride, from the first chapter all throughout to the strong ending. Strong endings to stories are my personal fetish! I complement you for your writing skills and multi-dimensional humanity of your characters. Even the bit players like Katie and Viola.

And that you were able to work out a reasonably happy ending for a bunch of unhappy people. Usually I have to kill somebody in my stories to eke out a happy ending!

why_not_jillwhy_not_jillalmost 10 years ago
I cant wait for the next chapter

I will tell you why. I'm the type of person who wants to know what happens after the movie. Just walking off into the sunset or whatever has never been enough for me! I think its a neat story. Guy gets what he wants and does not like it, woman really finds herself and learns what it is to really love. Maybe I' just a hopeless romantic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Please, Anon, get help

Your anger shines through. You deserve happiness and love, and I hope you can get some assistance that will help you believe that and find it.

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightover 8 years ago
RE: Please Anon, get help

I posted a scathing comment (since removed) which Anonymous picked up on. I also talked it out with Ripley.

Forty years ago, a book called "Forever" was published. It's not as detailed as this story and there is no other woman (nor any pressure for the narrator to experiment), but the result is the same. She promises she will love him forever for 150 pages, and dumps him flat for the next guy. Twenty-five years ago, the EXACT same thing happened to me; I always blamed the book for inspiring copycat actions by girlfriends and I saw the book's narrator as one of the cruelest and most heartless women on the planet. The all-of-a-sudden ex-boyfriend made a desperate attempt to reclaim her by driving to meet her, but it was already over.

A man once sucker-punched me right in the testicles for making passes at his IMAGINARY girlfriend, egged on by people who made up lies in both our hearing. I tried to be conciliatory and it didn't work. When I had my girlfriend, she temporarily moved in with a guy who took a blatant romantic interest in her. SERIOUSLY! Right in front of my nose (He, she and I were all doing a play, me as a producer. HE did a great job in hi role, so I thanked him for the role and never called him out on what he did. I will never believe other than I showed how weak I was and how easy it would be for her to dump me Her ex-boyfriend STALKED her, for God's sake! And she willingly fell in love with him all over again after spending a year and a half breaking up with her.

Now Bridget is a prime candidate for the most cruel and heartless woman on the planet. If I were Don, and this happened to me again (in different circumstances because I would never ask her to have sex with anyone else in my presence), I believe I would commit suicide. I was almost 100 percent sure Don would kill himself. Can you imagine what Bridget's mother would have said about that? I am surprised that she didn't simply detonate at Bridget -- not just for homosexuality but for the blatant nature of her cheating on Don. If she had thrown her husband and son out of the house forever and cleaned out her husband in the divorce,, I wouldn't have been surprised.

Anonymous is very kind to me to hope I will find someone. Thank you. Thank you too, Ripley, for seriously discussing this with me.

I keep this story around to hurt myself and to remind myself that it can be a devastating mistake to put your trust in the wrong person, especially someone you married. It's a bitter pill but it's necessary. Maybe I'm not torturing myself, maybe I'm learning to accept reality.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
WOW

This story is as good as there is.

apophasisapophasisover 5 years ago

Bridget being a lesbian meant it would never have worked out with Don, but let's stop pretending that she legitimately tried to make it work with him or to tried to understand him. She went to therapy and good for her, but she never tried marriage counseling and there were a lot of thoughts she had about Don and what he was doing that she never communicated. That showed neither love nor respect.

cowboy01r01cowboy01r01about 5 years ago
great story

a good part of this story as far as men go is true we "men" really have no idea how to make a women really happy i think the reason being from birth we "men" are told men do not cry but no one teaches us how to really give what a women needs and wants and that is pure love and how to make love to a women not just hop hop 2 mins done a women as in this story and many more i have read boils down to we men have no idea we marry the women then it is done we give them nothing shame we car so dumb really we have a lot to learn

Nicole2023Nicole2023almost 2 years ago

Love this, don't know if the first comment went

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user-Ripley-@-Ripley-
I enjoy writing my stories and being able to share them and hear back from people about how they like them (or don't) is an important part of why I am here at Literotica. I appreciate all the kind things that people have said about my stories over the years. Even the critical ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES