All Comments on 'It Happened One Day'

by JamesMiehoff

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
3 months???

So the woman that is his whole world, his soul mate is dead only 3 months, it sends him to the funny farm. Just the thought of her makes him curl into a ball. But hey, one nice day at the beach and it's "hey she's dead in Alive , let's get married"!!! Really???

You completely lost me at that point. 3 years later and maybe, but 3 months? Bloke just comes off as a dick.

mick52mick52almost 6 years ago
Try to fix time line

I know these stories are fantasies, but it is hard to fathom her asking him to marry her in less than 24 hours after meeting (and who would even say yes?). And if they met 52 years ago, did women have string bikinis in '66? I could be wrong but I think full bush was still the norm back then. Develop their relationship in a more realistic time frame and I can forgive and forget the fashion not fitting the year the story is set in.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What they said.

Cute story, but the timeline is terribly flawed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Totally unreal

from a psychological standpoint - remarry only three months after his beloved wife died and be happy ever after, and that after knowing the new woman only for a few hours - come on! And timewise the story is quite obviously told in the 21st century. If you have not carefully prepared for it when writing the story - and you haven‘t - you cannot push the story back to the 1960s in the last paragraphs. You need another ending, this one just doesn‘t work.

ROBERTODAVOROBERTODAVOalmost 6 years ago
Amazing!

And all this happened in only one day. Unbelievable ! ! !

Roberetodavo.

The_PedantThe_Pedantalmost 6 years ago
Oh dear.

"You done good"?

That is just awfully poor grammar.

"You did well" is the correct way to say it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

How old is This author????

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous