All Comments on 'It Has to be Fate Pt. 01'

by Grey Eagle 286

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
KoreavetKoreavetalmost 16 years ago
From the ground

I was infantry in Korea from August 50 to July 51. My ass would have been grass many times over had we not had the world's best air support. The first time an F-80 laid napalm across our enemy was a thing of beauty. It came in on rails. As grandpa of a dirt Marine with 2 tours in Fallujah I am somewhat more accepting of the sea going bellhops than previously.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
sweet and loving

Love on first sight. Wonderful. I'm scared for what all could happen to these lovebirds. It's as too good to be true and to last forever. G.Belgium

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
A very good story

I really enjoyed this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Well Done!

The story is well written and the accuracy of the details of the flights sure made this old USAF NAV/EW want to crawl back in an airplane again. I look forward to more about this young couple and thier exploits. Job well done. The author should think about expanding the story to a book and publishing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
great read

was very accurate i loved that about it. the story itself was wonderful and cant wiat to real the next installment!

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 16 years ago
Interesting

As a pilot (still active) and both WWII and Korea veteran, I found the technical part of the story brought back many fond memories. But I found the story line both dull and predictable, yet unbelievable. The characters are too perfect. And do people really talk like that? I'll have to see if the next part can hold my interest. Except for the flight sequences, this one did not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great

As a retired Naval Aviator, who did a tour at Taiwan Defense Command, I loved it. Keep it going.

JakeRiversJakeRiversalmost 16 years ago
Nicely done!

For those that might be interested, this plane can be seen at

wwwDOTwildrelicsDOTcom/skyraiderDOTasp# (change the DOTs to periods)

I agree with Navigator that it was a bit too sugary and the dialog was a bit stilted - people generally use contractions in everyday speech, i.e. don't instead of do not.

But still ... loved the technical stuff and the story IS sweet. Thought it was too much to say the place was huge (twice). It's a big plane but ... not huge.

Look forward to the rest of it.

Regards, Jack

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
names

You lost me right at the start with the name(?) of your main character.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Slightly mixed feelings

A great love story even if, as mentioned by others, somewhat predictable. I also felt that the language was rather stilted, and a lot of the technical details were superfluous - I'm also a pilot, but I'm not reading stories on this website to learn about the finer points of combat radius! Get an editor to look at the next instalment, just so that you don't get too bogged down in trivia. I know it helps me with my own writing (in another field) if I wander off track.

Romantic1Romantic1almost 16 years ago
I Love This Story

As a hopeless romantic and ex-pilot I have fallen in love with every aspect of this story. All your work is excellent (I've read them all) but this is truly extraordinary. Hurray!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great to see you again

Happy to see your writing again. Have enjoyed all your stories. Keep it up

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 15 years ago
Brought back memories

Of a time when I was called Bullfrog and flew around the areas your story covered. Nicely done. The romance was well integrated into the flying story... or was it the other way round. In either case, Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well Done

Nice plot and interesting reading. Fun reading about planes from the earlier days. Talking of her landing - I wonder how she would have fared on landing on an aircraft carrier escort CVE back in WWII? Landing on that little strip of deck in foul weather at night was a thing of terror.

oldgraycatoldgraycatover 2 years ago

I Loved this story, can not wait until the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very nice Love Story. Interesting how he let his girl friend fly his Navy plane. Doubt it would happen in real life but it helps to have your father and friends in ranking positions. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Peace and prosperity. Amazing what can be accomplished when there is no military conflict.

(Kismet?)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous