All Comments on 'It's Complicated Ch. 02'

by MSTarot

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

Nice story and the interaction between River and her "man" is very well done. The uncomfortable feeling of many family members is nicely covered as two former relatives explore their feelings toward each other.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
THE RIVER FLOWS

with all the tributaries adding to the volume, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Bravo! Waiting for Ch. 03

C'mon people! Sure, some of the errors can be mildly distracting, but this is a great and well told story.

@MSTarot - Good stuff, and I like your attitude in addressing the naysayers. If I wasn't such a chicken chit, I'd off my arse, finish some of my own stories and post them, but you're actually doing it and doing it well. Bravo! I really appreciate your style in slowly unfolding small details about the characters you create, e.g., "old scrubs" as a teaser toward learning your leading man is an E.M.T. This makes for great, engaging and thoughtful reading -- draws me in to your story as a reader and makes them that much more evocative. I love it.

Again, maybe if I got off my arse, I'd volunteer to be your editor (albeit unworthy to be one), as I'd at least get an earlier read of your stories. ;)

MSTarotMSTarotover 11 years agoAuthor
Chapter 3 is coming

Sorry, I have been meaning to get back to this one and two others but I decided that I could do better to expand my reader if I posted a few contest stories. It's worked fairly well.

My winter holiday story is been done for the better part of a year as it's the first one I wrote. So between now and Christmas I should have the time to catch up on some of my stories that need a part two or three.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

how many ways can one say that one liked it.

Storm113Storm113over 10 years ago
more please

please extend this. it needs to be longer. or at least i really want it to be a lot longer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

How are Jeff and Jack dealing with their relationship?

Great Story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Perfect!

Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Hated the violence

Instead of exploring in any realistic manner the problem of the rejected boyfriend, this story explodes in a series of cliches stolen from bad TV. Cars ramming cars and a good guy who settles things by firing a handgun in the vicinity of bystanders are stock items brought in when a writer can't think of something more original. The mindless violence ruined an otherwise interesting exploration of an unusual relationship. Falling in love with an aunt is creative. Inserting a violent scene which doesn't advance the storyline is not.

LustKnightLustKnightalmost 9 years ago
@Anonymous

Ironically, the violence you hated was based on a true story. Maybe you should check yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
to: anon- hated the violence

Your world view is skewed. Grow up.Violence happens; "denial ain't just a river in Egypt." I challenge your assurtion; I found the story quite real. Your self defined liberal world never existed and never will. You balk because you do not have the guts to meet truth; YOUR imagined world is NEVER how it really works. Yeah, right, you pompous arse. Nothing you say will ever matter. The writer described his world. You don't like it - then piss off and shut the fuck up. Publish your site so we can judge your truth. You won't; you have nothing but your better than thou opinion. All the other readers despise you for your stupidity. Be gone.

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEover 8 years ago
The only . . .!!!

The only problem with signing your comment as Anonymous is that you piss and moan about the story without having the balls to leave yourself open to scorn from other readers. Actually I think MSTarot did a great job and if you don't like it go read some other writers stuff and diss them !!!

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 6 years ago
Nice!

This story was very well done and I just realized that it was finished many years ago and there's no chance that a Chapter 3 is in the works. So, my comment that it really doesn't need another chapter is superfluous. I think the best authors wind you through a plot in such a way that they can drop you off at the place where you will be happy that you read it and feel comfortable fantasizing the ending that the reader wants. And the author won't be unhappy with that result because he/she wants to entertain and stimulate our imaginations. My own life had a number of forks in the road and each one led to where l am today. It doesn't make any difference if I'm as happy here as if I'd taken another fork somewhere along the line, but this is where I am. And Jack and River are at a fork in their road, this time together and they'll get where the fork leads them for better or for worse. We can each take them through one of those forks and lead them where we want and that's our privilege and our task. Where I might take them is different from where one of the many "anonymous" critics would take them, but all those destinations are ok as long as we take the time to complete the fantasy. The really great thing is that the two lovers have each other and a wide open road in front of them; just as we have a wide open fantasy in front of us. That's what a talented author does for us. The sky's the limit! 5*

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 6 years ago
Very nice story

Loved both parts all the way through.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Well a VERY written unfinished story 3 stars

finish the fucking story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

RANDOMDUDE9999RANDOMDUDE9999almost 6 years ago
ANONYMOUS 06/08/2018

YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RUDE YOU GOTTA UNDERSTNAD THE AUTHOR IS JUST LIKE US THEY HAVE TO WORK AND DO THINGS IN THEIR LIFE AS WELL THEY DO THIS AS A HOBBY OR ON THEIR FREE TIME JUST BE GRATEFUL THEY MADE A STORY FOR YOU TO READ. AND THIS STORY WAS AMAZING BY THE WAY PROPS TO THE PEOPLE THAT HELPED IF ANY WITH THE CREATION OF THIS WONDERFUL STORY. YOU GOT MY 5 STARS AND ITS A FAVORITE STORY AND YOUR ONE OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS.

caryzfieldcaryzfieldabout 5 years ago
Awesome story

Randomdude, you are totally right. This was an awesome story. As it is written so far it could end now. He proposed to her and she accepted. That is a great ending. But if it isn't, the writer has room for a few more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I really enjoyed your story and the author!

rbloch66rbloch66almost 2 years ago

Very nice and cleanly wrapped up.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Much more than 5 stars. great story

bigurnbigurn3 months ago

A 5 star ⭐ effort that, although open for a conclusion, works well. Works well with the first part, that is. The touch of mystery with the cane is welcome. Thanks for your efforts here.

01Timber6701Timber6727 days ago

Awesome story, needs another chapter or two to tie up the loose ends.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous