It's Not the Size That Counts Ch. 02-03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He tried appealing to my family, calling my grandmother and telling her I was having cold feet. I got a phone call from her later that day, telling me she was extremely disappointed in me for breaking up with a man who would "finally teach me some sense" by making me stay home and give up my career in medicine. She tried the old guilt trip, telling me she wouldn't live much longer, and her last request was to see great-grandchildren before she died. I told her I wasn't ready for children, and actually hung up on her when she got angry.

I cried myself to sleep that night; I couldn't believe that someone in my family could think so little of me. Just because I was female, should I be forced to give up my life and become a baby-making machine? I wanted kids very much, but wasn't willing to sacrifice all the things I'd worked for to have them. I knew other doctors who had children and still had jobs, and I knew I could make it work.

A month before I graduated from medical school, my grandmother did die. I felt badly - I hadn't had the chance to make up with her after our fight on the phone - but I was also relieved. She bugged me my entire life to get married young and have kids early; in fact one of my earliest memories is of her, talking with her sister at a family reunion. They were looking at me critically, and trying to decide if I would grow up to be beautiful. I remember hearing her say that while I probably wouldn't be pretty, I could still get pregnant and then some guy would have to marry me. I was ashamed to feel this way, but I was glad I would no longer have a very vocal relative expecting me to live up to her expectations.

Graduation was good. There was a huge party, and I had a very elegant dress. I went without a date, for the first time in a year, and while I had a good time I couldn't help but be a bit lonely. After graduation I threw myself into work, and didn't look back... until I met Steven.

12