All Comments on 'It's Too Cliché...Right? Ch. 06'

by musicfreak

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Wondering if Evan's "there are rumours" statement about Blue was actually from some experience he had with Blue that ended badly. Both Evan's Dad and Blue made cryptic remarks about Evan's assertion that he isn't gay. Is he really not gay or has he decided he doesn't want to be gay because his experience with gay sex did not go well? Interesting to see what happens in the morning.

Great chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Messed up

I usually love your writing. But this was a wasted chapter. Nonsense dialogue...painful to read. And brown shoes with a black suit? Was this really you or someone who stepped in pretending to be you? I hope the next chapter is a whole heck of a lot better than this one...or I'll just give up on this story. A shame because it started out so good.

musicfreakmusicfreakabout 7 years agoAuthor
Author's note

@first anon: Well, some of your questions, i.e. Cryptic messages, will be answered in the later chapters but some are not answered on this story at all, partly because this takes place in Brad's POV. That being said, I didn't just put it in there for fun either. If anyone has checked my profile biography, you may have seen that there will be a sequel to this story, one that takes place in Evan's POV. More will be revealed there.

@second anon: Well, I'm sorry that you think this is messed up with 'nonsense dialogue'. Funnily enough, the ratings for this chapter has been very positive, much more than I ever expected. I guess I should write nonsense dialogue more often then. Still, I respect your opinion. I have never been one to shy away from criticism, although I do hope that it is constructive. Fashion sense aside, I guess I would like to know why you deem the dialogue 'nonsense', because there has to be a reason, right?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
YEEEES

Love this story a lot. And awesome idea to publish a small junk every day. Excited for tommorow's

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Love

This is a great story and, for me more importantly, a great developing romance. Well written with a slight sense of irony. Brad comes across as a mainly sympathetic character with a little teenage angst. And Evan, although more enigmatic, is less sympathetic only because he is so totally closed and unable to open his heart. And if that is going to change then I guess we are all in for some treats. And without wishing in any way to prejudge the story and it's various twists and turns it would be nice if the two protagonists end the final paragraph of the final chapter in each other's arms contemplating eternity together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I am not any expert, but I loved the dialogues. I would go so far as to say that the dialogues are the best part of your story. I really enjoyed reading the chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Love it!

It's so good! Brad's funny, he reminds me so much of myself, way overthinking things. Lol Wow this chapter went from the last one just barely knew each other friends then amped up to this! I love it though, I think you portrayed it very well w/Blue and Evan obviously got jealous. Things got hot and steamy fast! I just hope there's no regrets later, like another commenter said, it does make you wonder if something bad happened to Evan with Blue. I love how a new chapter is submitted daily and you have very consistent content, there's not weeks, months, or sometimes up to a year before a story gets updated. Beautifully done, looking forward to ch. 7 and the following sequel later on. Good to see you back at it again! Danni876*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
This series is great!

This is too good stuff, Musicfreak!Rarely I am very excited​ about a story, but most if not all your stories, I do! Though since the entire story a lot of twists are happening, Iam afraid that you might turn what happened into a dream.Honestly please dont🐶🐶

musicfreakmusicfreakabout 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Thanks for the nice comments guys, it means a lot to me. I can understand why many of you are wondering if anything happened between Blue and Evan before but I'll leave that for the sequel. Lol.

And the consistent uploads is just because I make it a habit of writing an entire story to completion before even thinking about publishing it. I hate waiting long periods of time between chapter when I read, so I don't want to put my readers in the same spot.

Oh and don't worry about the 'all a dream' plot. I can honestly say that I would probably never write a story like that because I hate that. I think it's a kind of lazy way for a writer to make something happen and then just take it back. Not really my style.

judojonjudojonabout 7 years ago

dam hot music so like that you finally got them together.Kind of think Blue hurt Evan once and brings up that he has had a crush on Brad for a while. But i so love a true love story. Please keep them coming. Thanks John

elleemelleemabout 7 years ago
Oh, this cliffhanger is mean!!!

But I'll forgive you because I'm so enjoying myself. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
YAHS

I was laughing out loud while Evan was interrogating Brad on liking the cars.. "Admit it or we're taking the Honda." LOL Then when things got steamy... I was like YES! Brad reminds me of myself in a lot of ways.. This story is unfolding and I'm loving every chapter!!

filovebugfilovebugabout 7 years ago
More please!

This story is honestly so good. The dialogue is realistic, and all of the characters are well-developed and genuinely interesting. You had me hooked from the beginning, and I love that you're taking time to develop things instead of just throwing them into bed together. More please, as soon as you can!

Hutchison12Hutchison12over 6 years ago

All I can say really is Yes, Yes, Yes, oh please don't have morning regret with a walk of shame.... ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Need Clarification

I am so glad Brad and Evan finally got together. I hope that Evan was sober enough for this encounter. He seemed pretty out of it at the party, but Brad doesn't seem like the type of tool who would fool around with a drunk guy. It sounds like Evan's life was pretty lonely, so I'm glad he is letting someone in (and who wouldn't want to let a charmer like Brad in?).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This was good in that Brad and Evan finally get together but there were several things I didn’t like. Evan seems to be playing with Brad - he’s clearly told him he’s not gay but he was very obviously jealous about Blue’s interest in Brad. Despite not wanting to be told what to do, Brad was Evan’s guest at this party and it is VERY bad form to flirt with another and then spend over an hour with him alone when he knows Evan is upset about it. If only just as a friend, Brad acted pretty shitty - and we know he has way deeper feelings than just friendship for Evan, so that makes his behavior even more unforgivable. And able does not seem like a good guy, he seems like a slick spoiled rich kid who is used to getting whatever and whoever he wants. I would’ve thought Brad was smarter than that. Then when Brad is presented with an angry and drunk Evan, instead of talking honestly when they got home - such as hey, you’re acting jealous but if you’re not gay, what going on - Brad fights with him and then accepts the chance to have some sex with him in a drunken state. He knows this isn’t right but chooses to do so anyway. I was really disappointed with both of these guys and it was a shame their first sexual encounter was in the midst of jealousy, fighting and drunkenness. Expected more after waiting for 6 chapters for this to develop.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous